October 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: October 2011

Kargiver, I may have asked you before, but have you ever seen the Plow & Hearth catalogs?  I got one yesterday and thought of you.  They have beautiful things, indoor, outdoor, furniture, accessories.  They're out of VA.  I ordered some things for Christmas gifts years ago, and still get one of their catalogs each Christmas holiday.  Really enjoy looking through it.  You can google them at .com.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I thought the animals ate the guy, too, Amber.

Funny about your dreams, Kar and tt.  Two parts of a story.  I love to hear about stuff like that.

Checked out the bday thread on pets.  Very timely for my little guy.  I'll have to add Jax from home - need to choose from about 500 pictures.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, I'll look at the Plow and Hearth - thanks!

I know, isn't it weird I dreamed I ate all of tt's whoopie pies and she dreamed her freezer was empty?!  So strange!

ETA:  Love the catalog, tt - you were right, it's so up our alley.  I'm already drooling...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, well it didn't seem to bother me, except there was a man there and I was embarrassed that he would see an empty freezer.  I'm always know for a full freezer and fridge.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I thought the animals ate the guy, too, Amber.

I'll have to be sure to catch the noon news and see if they release any more info of his fate.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

In Response to Re: October 2011:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, well it didn't seem to bother me, except there was a man there and I was embarrassed that he would see an empty freezer.  I'm always know for a full freezer and fridge.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

Was it the Irish guy?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

No.  Funny you should mention him, he is at G.T.'s now doing patio work and have I been invited over as he promised? No!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Maybe you should invite yourself over - you know, to, um, check on the kitties.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Well, you can see just how tasty those whoopie pies look to me if I dreamed I ate every last one of them from your freezer!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Noon news said owner of pet zoo opened all the cage doors and then killed himself.  He had been brought up on illegal firearms charge earlier in the year, not sure if that had anythng to do with it.  50 animals loose, they've killed, I think 44.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What a terrible story for so many reasons.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

[QUOTE]What a terrible story for so many reasons.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  The poor guy, the poor animals.  What a crazy mess.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I was just going to post with the update on the story, but you guys already know.  Terrible but I really don't understand why people keep exotic animals.  They do not belong penned up, they belong in the wild.  I hate zoo's and circus's for that reason.  tt, I am with November, you are way overdue to go and visit your grand kitties....  Wink

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I don't drive out there.  Wanna take the afternoon off and drive me out - western MA - maybe we could kill 2 birds with one stone and stop and visit Kargiver on the way coming or going?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm afraid I'm not actually on anyone's way. :(

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Well, then, we'll just make you the destination, and we'll drop by GT's on the way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Come on out, but it's a long ride!  ;)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sounds good.  Kar, I used to go to a town in the Quabbin River area often.  I wonder if I was any where near you?  I haven't gone in about a year.  It was for a group we belong to and people that lived in the town were pretty high up in it.   The town has a Dam, which I thought was pretty cool and we were able to take some pictures there.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]I'm afraid I'm not actually on anyone's way. :(
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Decided to run out to Marshall's, so you're off the hook - this time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, I watched the RHNJ reunion part 1 and wow...  Theresa is a mess and there is a whole lot more to her and her husbands legal problems that she is not saying.  Can't wait for part 2.  Wonder if it is on tonight??  This may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I watched the first season of Walking Dead on AMC last year and was so hooked.  I just watched the first episode of the second season On Demand last night and oh I am going to love this season too!  I hate zombie movies or anything like that, but a friend of mine told me I had to watch it as it was different and I am hooked.  Anyone else a fan??

ETA: tt, you also mentioned the show about the Long Island Medium?  I might have that wrong, but love that show too.  I cried about the 10 year old boy... she is spot on.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, I'm familiar with that town; there's an antique shop I visit there once in awhile.

Have fun shopping, tt - I might head out with Gracie, too.  We're bored; got spoiled with DH being home every day.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

We used to go out on Sundays for a meeting, they would last a few hours and then we would head back on the long drive. So we didn't have a chance to look around at places.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Back again - no treasures, but it was good to get out and poke a little.

Amber I watched, switched back and forth the other night, between RHNJ Reunion and the Long Island Medium.  She is very good.  That reunion has been on a couple of times already and I keep hoping it will be part 2.  I can't stand Caroline.  She is such a smug know it all.  The faces she was making on the reunion were just too much.  She really looked ugly.

I feel bad for Teresa.  Can you imagine being married to her husband?  What a piece of crap he is.  She's sort of made her bed and has to lie in it.

Speaking of beds - Marshall's had the small dog beds, $9.99  Had a little igloo thing too and a BIG scratch box that was supposed to be shaped like a lounge chair (guess my cat isn't the only one who sleeps on hers).  Sorry, but I can't see spending money like that - I would spend it on toys for her, but a box with an old blanket serves the Yankee in me for her comfort.  Right now she's asleep on a blanket I fluffed up on the couch under the floor lamp (she thinks it's the warmth of the sun!).

Not raining too bad out for those of you who have to travel home after work.  Sounds worse than it is.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I felt a little bad for Theresa but honestly what possessed her to write those things in her cookbook???  And it wasn't nice, so she brought it on herself.  I think she lives in her own little world. Her husband is a jerk.  I always found Caroline smug.  She thinks she is the "godmother" on that show.  Hopefully part 2 is on this week.  Cheerio sounds so comfy : )  My spare bedrooms bed has a lot of pillows and shams on it and when I come home from work, it looks like someone threw them around on the bed.  It is Tigger all snuggled in a little den he creates for himself.  I must try to get a picture for you to see. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I think Teresa gets her digs in where she can - she knows noone likes her husband, and gets  her remarks in by saying, "It was a joke - -".  A lot of people do that.  She has to be embarrassed by the shenanigans her husband pulled.  And her kids - OMG, what monsters.  As for the cookbook, she probably figured that a little controversy would sell more copies.  The one I like the most on that show is the cousin, Kathy.

Hope you can catch a pic of Tigger in his "den".  Sounds so cute.

Sections
Shortcuts