October 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: October 2011

I think you are right about Theresa wanting the controversy to sell more books. I  don't like her and never have.  Her kids are horrible!!  I cringed last season when she was pushing her oldest daughter into acting etc.  The poor kid has no talent.  I like Kathy too, she seems like the only sane one. I liked Jacqueline too but her daughter is out of control!!  What a brat.  Next season should be interesting!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

And I thought I would NEVER watch that series!  You do get hooked in, because you can't believe families behave that way toward each other.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I may not be on tomorrow/Friday.  I'm taking a computer software training class off site.  I'll try to check in when I get home.  And I'll check in after Yoda's appointment Saturday. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, good luck with Yoda and the vet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

We'll miss you November.  I'm sure Yoda is fine and you will be relieved.  I smile every time I look at your avatar.  You won't believe how fast he will grow : )

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, gl at the vet's with Yoda - it sounds like he's improved a lot, though, since you had to make the call. :)

I hope you've restocked your dream fridge, tt, I intend to return in my bunny slippers and pink robe ready to chow down.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I have no idea where my dreams will take me tonight, Kargiver, I would like to think it will be further than my own kitchen!  If you get there alone, then it's up to your dreams what you find in my fridge!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If I get there alone?!  I hope not - that would be creepy.  ;)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, everyone,

No "sweet" dreams for me, but boy, did I sleep.  If your freezer is empty, tt, it wasn't me this time!

How did Yoda make out at the vet's?

It's supposed to be a lovely day...I'd like to do something fun with Gracie away from the homestead.  It's nice out here, but I get a hankering to do something other than scan the yard for bears sometimes.

Speaking of wildlife, I got Gracie her very own blaze orange hunter's vest with reflective yellow tape yesterday.  It fits her perfectly, and it's quite attractive, surprisingly.   Maybe I can get away with one more Fall photo of her sporting it?  Nothing says "Fall" like a Black Lab in a hunting vest, right?

DH will be away on business next week rather unexpectedly.  It was going to be just one night...sigh.  I miss him just thinking about it.

I hope Pingo is making out great and she and DH are enjoying their time apart despite missing each other.

Hugs, icer, I know your loss is still crushinging fresh.  

Have a great day, everyone - not sure where mine will take us, but I'll be thinking of you.  Sometimes I wish I had a smartphone.

~kar

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Warm out this morning.  I was surprised when I dragged the trash out.  Been picking up the house a bit, have an appt later on this afternoon.  I think the Heavens pretty much opened up as you working guys were leaving yesterday, had been more or less a drizzle until then - at least here.

Glad you had a good night's sleep, Kargiver, mine was restless, all I remember is telling someone I wanted to get the woodwork painted!

By all means, let us see Gracie sporting her new vest!  Never get tired of seeing pictures of her, she's such a beauty with that sleek black coat.

Washes to throw in - they seem to get ahead of me, so will check back in a bit and see if anything's doing.  Enjoy your kalooping with Gracie, Kargiver.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning everyone - I am back!
    This trip made me realized how good friends you all are - I missed all of you so. I didn't have a computer available there. DS is selling, giving away, donating stuff, he doesn't want to take to England.
    I just went through all your postings, and before I tell you about my fabulous trip, I want to offer my condolences to BG's DD, who lost a grandparent and Icer, who had to put Baby to sleep. My heart goes out to you both.
    I can't comment on everything you posted, but I am glad that you all are well and here is just a few tidbits.
    - Happy to hear Yoda is coming along as a family member. That avatar of yours, Winter - is adorable.
    - A screw?  That would freak me out. I know, we live in a "mice heaven" here - and our sons have told us many times to get a cat for that reason, but but as long as I don't see there droppings in my home - I am ok with them. Glad you have Cheerio, tt - to warn you.
    - I am sure Gracie must look adorable in her new hunter colored vest - (a picture maybe?) Your DH didn't like the pink outfit anyway. Happy trekking!
    - Don't know anything about the zoo news. But what a horrifying thing to happen.
    Anyway, I had a fabulous trip. Needed that so much. I was kind of burnt out leaving from here - and these few days did me a lot of good. Went shopping with DS for a new warm jacket for rainy England and some kitchen stuff for myself. He has a Sur la Table store w/i walking distance - and I was "drooling" in there. Not that I need a lot of new stuff at this time in my life, but the little things, that make life so more pleasant.
    DS went to work Monday and Tuesday and I watched a lot of TV. Something I never do here. Mostly cooking shows.  Learned some new wonderful simple dishes and took down lots of notes. I was planning to take DS out for dinners, but he was happier for me cooking at home. So that is what I did. Made some of his favorites. And made sure there was enough for him to take for lunch - to great envy of his fellow workers.
    We watched a couple of great Disney movies together. They have a library at work, and he can borrow any Disney movie he wants. One of them was "Pinocchio". I must have been about 5 years old, when I first saw it in the movie theater. What a great story and such nice music. Another one was "Oceans" - amazing pictures. Loved that one.
    Yesterday coming home was not the greatest. Got up at 3:30 am to catch a flight at 6:30. Son lives 1 hour form the airport. Ready to board, there was a minor problem with the computer. 10 minutes delay. Well those 10 minutes stretched to an hour or more, when they finally cancelled the flight. ???
    Got on another flight scheduled to leave for Kennedy, NY and then connect w/ a Boston flight from there. Long story short. Instead of being home in Boston at 8:30 am, I was home at 6 pm. Long, long and frustrating day. Having a cup of coffee and a blueberry muffin for breakfast, I was absolutely starved by then. They don't have any food on the aircrafts, if it is just a short (under two hours) flight, and since you are in a waiting mode all the time, you cannot leave the gate and get food at the terminal. Besides what they offer is just awful junk. So I had my guy, who picked me up - stop at McDonald's and get me some chicken nuggets. I wolfed them down, and oh boy, did they ever taste good.
    Dropped everything and went to bed. I was really exhausted. But it was all so worth it. Had such a great time with my son doing "little" things.
    Now on my way to work. Chat later - Pingo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

So good to have you back, Pingo.  We all missed you - boards just weren't the same, altho we all tried!

What are you doing going to work today?  You should be home resting up.  Tomorrow would have been soon enough to go in.

Sounds as tho you had a full week with son.  When in December will be leaving?  Will he be spending the holiday here?  I'm sure you both packed in a lot of memoriesduring your visit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Welcome Back Pingo and...thank you

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Icer, how are you doing?  We're all thinking of you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Welcome back Pingo!  I second tt, why are you going to work?  What a horrible time you had coming back....  but sounds like you had a wonderful time with DS : )

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, Pingo, welcome back!!!  Loved your trip story, but sorry you had such an exhausting and aggrevating time back.  Now, you need a vacation from your vacation.  :)  I'll get a photo of Gracie in her vest and post in Pets later today.

We went to Crane Beach today!  Just got home.   I hope I didn't overdo Gracie's knee - she was harder on it than I expected, but we had a great time.  I'd have stayed a couple of hours more, but she was so rough, I was afraid.  We'll go in another month if we have an unusually warm day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi Everybody -

Welcome back pingo.  Glad you had a nice time. kar, nice picture of Gracie at the beach - one of my favorite spots.

Going out of town tonight to my nephew's wedding.  My daughter and family will pick me up and leave their car at the airport.  I'll be back Sunday night.  Hope you all have a great weekend!

mothermitzi

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I drove through a bunch of your stomping grounds, I think, on my way to Crane.  I saw a MB and wondered if it were "yours."  It was a full 2 hour drive, but Gracie handled it well.  We'll definitely go again, and the very nice ranger (or whatever they are) gave us the members rate of $4 each. 

Have a great long wedding weekend, mm - what a blast!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Love, love, love that picture, Kargiver.  You were quite the adventurer today, going all the way to Ipswich.  Should have gotten directions and stopped in the Clam Box - best clams, fr fries around.  You can get lobster and other fish there too.

Just got back from ophthalmologist - 6 month appt.  Everything stable with last visit, yeah!  Beautiful day out there.

If I haven't already missed you, have a great week-end mm.  Fun time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, great suggestion to go to the Clam Box - I have been (years ago), and I drooled at the thought of it today.   I could have found it; I had the GPS, but I was a little anxious this time, my first relatively long trip alone with Gracie.  Next time.  I hope to go to Crane Beach again in November if we have a warm, sunny day near the end of the month when her knee will be all clear.

Glad your eye appointment went well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In Response to Re: October 2011:
    Icer, how are you doing?  We're all thinking of you.
    Posted by toytrumpet

I am as well as can be expected...We are having Baby cremated and will bury her here. My son and his GF will come over..she was originally his cat...While I was making the arrangements and setting up the pet death certificate..the girl taking the info stopped and said..."Icer...Is that you?" I said yes...amidst tears and sobbing.."You just did my wedding cake..ect...I will take care of this personally..You have nothing to worry about" It did comfort me.

on another note...TT..about the Y&R...I get the feeling that the story of Jabeau(sp) is kind of like Gilligan's Island...Just when the Abbotts are fixin' to get the company back....poof...its gone..Am I right?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Icer, what a kindness that girl taking the info did for you.  See, karma does come back.

I'm a little lost with the Y&R - has Tucker already done a deal and sold the company out from under Jack?  It seemed today that he had given him a signed agreement turning the company over to him.  Were you there to see the house explosion?  Looks like both sons of what's-her-name got killed.  I think they were running out of material for them, the scenes of Chance as a detective were almost laughable, I think.  I do love my Jack.  Think he is soooo handsome.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

icer, my heart is still in pieces for you and am glad for your bit of comfort while making the arrangements.

I've posted a couple of photos in Pets, a different one of Gracie at the beach and one of her in her vest.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Ah yes..Pets..Ache lied..he doesn't have a Dog..looks to me like the yob person is the true owner of "William"
    ..just thought I would out that little truth
    And Thank you Kar for the Baby memorial...its too soon for me to look at it..but I am sure in time..I will love it

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In Response to Re: October 2011:
    Icer, what a kindness that girl taking the info did for you.  See, karma does come back. I'm a little lost with the Y&R - has Tucker already done a deal and sold the company out from under Jack?  It seemed today that he had given him a signed agreement turning the company over to him.  Were you there to see the house explosion?  Looks like both sons of what's-her-name got killed.  I think they were running out of material for them, the scenes of Chance as a detective were almost laughable, I think.  I do love my Jack.  Think he is soooo handsome.
    Posted by toytrumpet

Did they kill Ronan again?..
    Tucker did seem to give the company back to Jack(love him too) I just feel like its like Gilligan's Island...something is gonna happen
    and he won't get it back

Sections
Shortcuts