October 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: October 2011

Had to put the light on in the room - my eyes may be good, but my fingers can't find the right keys without the light on! - -
    Ronan and Chance were just going in the front door, as Kane was pushing Lilly out the back door with him, and the gas exploded.  Will we miss them?  Not me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

icer, I was envisioning it to be like a guest book - a keepsake of your online loved ones' thoughts and love sent your way at your time of great loss.  Take your time, it will be there whenever you're up to reading.  Just know in the meantime that our hearts are with you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Greetings friends.  My training was over at 4:30 and I was home at 4:45.  I have dinner cooking now, pork chops coated with bread crumbs, potato slices with garlic and peas. 
    Kar, Yoda's appointment is Saturday morning, but thank you for thinking of him.  SOunds like you had a nice journey to the North Shore.  Pingo, sounds like you had a great trip, but why are you working today????  Icer, so sweet that the women at the Vet personally took care of things.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just checking in. Had a long day with a bunch of things piled up. Took care of most of it - the rest will have to wait until tomorrow.
    Had a nice dinner. Steak with onions and mushrooms. I hardly ever cook red meat at home, but every so often I crave it badly, and today was the day. When I have this craving, DH will take me to 99. They have an awesome Prime Rib, I cannot cook at home. Well, of course I can cook it, but I don't need the entire roast to satisfy me.
    But today, I picked up a boneless rib steak and cooked it at home with lots of onions and mushrooms. Yummy! Have leftovers for lunch.
    Kar, your picture of Gracie at the beach is spectacular. Love it! I am so glad you and she had a nice day there. I am so surprised you had to pay entrance fee - for both of you. We have gone there so many times for walks with our dog and never had to pay a fee. Of course times change.
    I am pretty much "washed out" for today. Got a couple of magazines in today's mail. Will take them to bed and fall asleep reading them. I am sure, I will be fast asleep before long. Chat tomorrow - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I understand the safety concern about posting too many details - I wonder how much people really can surmise from what I post, too, Pingo.  I won't reference your comment, specifically, though, so when you delete it it will really be gone.

I'd have to rest today if I were you, Pingo, or I'd get a migraine...

If you ever want to cook just one prime rib, you can ask the butcher for one thick slice, but the 99 does a good job, and sometimes it's fun to go out, right?

I'm also craving red meat right now and bought steak tips yesterday to marinate today.  Made "my" (OK, Martha Stewart's) roasted butternut chicken soup last night - elegant.  Had enough crackers from the last batch to go with, and it really made a nice meal.

Well, I let things go around here for my excursion yesterday, and tomorrow I'll be in Boston with dear SIL, kalooping. :)  So, must get caught up on the house today!  DH's baked potatoes (first year growing them) are delicious so we'll be having steak tips and potatoes tonight...oh, and butternut.  Too much starch in one meal, but I don't always care.

TGIF, everyone!!

~kar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Pingo..you are sooo cute..Did you know that?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Oh, the coyotes were howling last night.  It was terrible. First woke me up at 2:00, and then again around 4:00.  I suppose the warmer night and maybe they were baying at the moon, didn't check to see if it was a full one.  It must be terrible for the homes that back up on where they congregate.

Pingo, I don't think you need to worry.  Noone on the boards knows where you live, you've been much more careful than some of the rest of us as far as showing outside pictures of your property and surrounding properties.

So this Saturday is the Newbury St. excusion day, kargiver?  What a fun time you'll have.  I love being in the hustle and bustle of Boston.  Even if your SIL just does window shopping, it will be fun, and who knows, she just might find a little treasure.  How are you going in?

Have a mid morning appt, so will check out for now.  Checking out a few stores afterwards for a little "happy to meet you little fella" present for GGS - whenever I get to meet him.  Am thinking of sending card/poem ahead of time with her father.  Do want her to have something from me.  Friday's are usually slow on the boards, but I hope there's some posts when I get back.  Have a good day everyone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Just checking in before I leave for my training.  I should be back a little later today.  Enjoy the day, it's beautiful outside.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, the coyotes, tt - how awful to be awakened by that sound.  We have been, too, but not for a long time.  

Yes, tomorrow is the day!  I'm so pumped I can hardly stand it.  I'll be picking up SIL at her house at 10 and driving in so we'll have time to park and walk to whatever restaurant we choose for lunch.  I'm hoping we both find at least one good buy at the consignment shops, but we'll have fun no matter what.  And, the weather is supposed to be great, too!  BONUS!

Hi, Winter, have a good day in training.  The best thing about training was the snacks as I recall, but at least it's Friday. :)

tt, hope you find just the right "welcome" gift out there.  So exciting!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning my friends,
    tt, I heard the coyotes too - at about 4, when I was up for a pit stop. I too feel sorry for the people, who live right next to them. A few years ago we used to have 7 of them in our wooded area in our back yard. No fun, I tell you. It wasn't full moon last night (the last one was Oct. 12 - I believe - and the next one Nov. 10), but it really doesn't matter; they will howl whenever they feel like it.
    Winter, maybe I missed something while away. What are you training for? To take care of a new kitten? LOL. Seriously, I hope you wil get a promotion, when you finish your training program. How is Yoda doing? Or more like it, how are YOU doing w/ Yoda? Will your son be at your place for the weekend? Maybe that will be good for both of them - pets usually do well with children.
    Kar, have a wonderful day tomorrow kalooping with your SIL. Where in Boston will you be going? Any particular shops?
    Icer, I am sending my loving thoughts your way. It is ok to cry your eyes out. I did that, when we lost our dog. For about 6 months or more, I "saw" her on her special rock in our back yard and expected her to "knock" on the kitchen door to come inside. Still today - some 20 years later -, I feel a void whenever I think of her.
    Have an appointment for my B12 shot this morning - then off to the office. Will check in later this afternoon. Then this weekend, I will be ----- resting.
    You all enjoy this beautiful Fall day. Could smell the Fall air, when I filled the bird feeder this morning. Just love this time of the year - Pingo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Pingo, yes, we are going to Newbury Street and specifically visiting the consignment shops Second Time Around and The Closet.  Also, Top Drawer for lingerie.  Embarassed  Not sure where we'll eat...so many wonderful choices only one meal to be had.  Maybe we'll have apps one place, lunch somewhere else, and dessert later somewhere else.  We are all about the food - I know you are all shocked to hear that, but it's true.  ;)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Good morning!

Welcome back Pingo - sounds like you had a wonderful visit with DS.

Kar - have fun kalooping tomorrow.  So jealous of Gracie's trip to the beach.  Yesterday would have been a geat day to be out playing, but DH had appts in the AM to prep for his operation next week, and I had an appt in the afternoon.  Too bad!

GL to Yoda at his checkup this weekend, and to tt out treasure hunting for GGS.

I have a bunch of stuff to catch up on, so in case I don't make it back to check in later, happy weekend to all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Nov!  You, too, have a great weekend.  Best to your DH as he prepares for surgery.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, it was training for a software I use at work.  My son lives with me and sleeps over his dad's on Saturday nights and Tuesday nights, so he's here just about all weekend. 
    I was eating a tuna sandwich for lunch and the kitten doesn't meow...well, he looked up at me with his BIG green eyes and said MEEOOWWWW!!! As if he was saying, "what are you eating and can I have some please!!!"
    Kar, have fun at the shops tomorrow.
    Novem, when is his surgery?  Are the cutting his meniscus or repairing it? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

So Yoda is taking a cue from Cheerio.  :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

omg - he is so tiny!  Love your rug btw!

Surgery is Tuesday.  I'm not sure exactly what they are doing, but I'm under the impresstion that they are cutting off a little flap. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, that is such a cute picture. I loved that he Meeoowwwwed for your tuna salad. Did you give him a bite? Sound and looks like he is coming around. Good luck tmw. with the vet visit.
    Nice you have your son most of the time. Give some steadiness to him, and you have Sat. nights off. LOL - Not a bad arrangement.
    Pretty rug. Is this the one, you were worried wouldn't fit? Or did you have to get a new one? Looks like Yoda likes it too. - Pingo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, how cute, Winter!  He isn't hiding...he must be eating well, too?  Best wishes for the vet visit tomorrow.  

I had tuna for lunch today for the first time in literally years thanks to that suggestion.  How would I know what to eat without you guys?  I have the steak tips marinating in ginger, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, pinot grigio, smoked paprika, cumin, and molasses.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks Novem, we tried to pick a rug that blended with the other room colors. Pingo, that is not the other rug, that one is much too big, but I gave it to my mom and she loves it.  I had kept a little bit of tuna out without mayo and I put a little bit on his food dish and he ate the tuna and ate rest of his food.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, oh - how sweet. The little guy just have to get used to you all. Sounds like you have progressed well in just the few days he has been with you.
    So, what is everyone having for dinner tonight? I have such a hard time scaling down. Tonight I had half a steak - leftover from yesterday - and a baked potato. Apple for dessert. Suited me just fine.
    Now I think, I will get my book and read. My DIL gave me this book, and it is so interesting. It is called: "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks". It is about a woman, whose cells were taken w/o her knowledge and became such an important tool in medicine today. The author is Rebecca Skloot. I normally don't recommend books, b/c we are all so different and like different reading, but this is worthwhile to look into.
    Hope you all will have a nice Friday evening. Chat tmw - Pingo

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Winter, Yoda is so cute soaking up the sun.  Hope appt with vet goes well today.  Cheerio will come running from anywhere when she hears the can opener, always assumes it a can of tuna being opened, and she knows she gets the little crumbs.

Novem, sorry to hear your husband needs knee surgery, but as you had said in a previous post, if he doesn't have it taken care of now, it will lead to bigger problems later on.

Kargiver, you and Pingo should get together - both husbands out of town for a few days.

Appt. went well yesterday, but the "hunt" not so well.  Was overwhelmed at Babies R Us - my head filled with what not to get.  She got so much at the shower, and then hearing about different plans she had for the room, and knowing what one son had already given her, and what another was planning to - seemed I had a list of things that I didn't want to duplicate.  Ended up coming home with nothing.  Also came home very tired and ended up lying down and napping for an hour or so.

Lots to catch up on around here this morning.  No coyotes to wake me during the night, so energy to burn.  Have my leaf bags all ready, but my trees haven't even turned color yet.  The leaf pick up days will be over before I have any to rake!  Speaking of leaves, I remember last year driving down Lynn St. in Peabody and marveling at how many beautiful colors there were - drove down that same street yesterday - I don't recall noticing any color.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Icer, you make me blush!

In Response to Re: October 2011:
    [QUOTE]Pingo..you are sooo cute..Did you know that?
    Posted by icer[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good early morning,
    tt, too bad you came home with nothing. That is so frustrating. Have you thought of something your GGD can use, when the baby is older? Like a high chair f.ex. She can't use it right away, but the baby will grow into it soon enough.
    You are right; the colors this year is sort of blah. Main Street in Lynnfield used to be spectacular this time of the year. We would actually take a ride there, just to experience the colors. But this year there is nothing so great to watch.
    Kar, have a wonderful trip to Boston. Hope you both come home with some bargains. The weather should hold up pretty well for kalooping.
    Had a long and good nights sleep. Talking about energy to burn. Planning to do some kalooping around here. Want to stop at Marshall's and I haven't been to the new Michael's yet. On my way back, I will stop at TJ's and the new Paper Store.
    Was looking last night at my recipes for Thanksgiving. Think I will do the Turkey Roulade again. It was a hit last year, and easy and elegant to serve. Have you seen what they charge for fresh Cranberries this year? $4.99/lbs. They were $1.99 last year. I used to have a stock of them in my freezer, but when my ref/freezer went on a blink earlier this year, I had to throw everything out.
    Laundry bell ringing - chat later, Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Pingo,

I already got her the high chair and a monitor for her shower.  Just looking for a little "Hi little guy" gift in a bag to give with my poem and home made card.  I'll find something, just have to look around a little bit more.

Has the Paper Store on Route 1 opened?  Haven't seen anything about a grand opening.  Usually they post in papers of all the surrounding communities.  Drive by there all the time, but never even saw the notice of one coming.  Guess my eyes are glued to the road.

Pumpkin soup is on the list of my Thanksgiving offerings, and I'm still deciding on what else.  May try a different chutney.  Keep looking over my finger desserts to see what I want to contribute in that category.  My oldest son and fam and extended fam will be staying home this year, so we'll be smaller in numbers, probably 9, possibly 11.

Had a visit from my talking cat, who just wanted to chat a little, and then went on his way.  Can hear the washer has stopped, so have to get to it.

Kargiver if you're checking the boards before you leave, have a fun day on Newbury Street.  I'm sure you'll come home with something you can take a pic of and show us!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hi tt,
    OMG - this baby is so well equipped from loving family members. Lucky GGD that is. How about a nice gift card to their favorite restaurant with babysitting included. It will be so nice for Mom and Dad to be able to go out for dinner and not have to worry, because GGMa is taking care of the little one.
    I thought I saw the "Open" sign a few weeks ago at the Paper Store. Will check it out and let you know. Love that store. I always come out w/ a bundle of cards to use for later.
    Pumpkin soup will be on my menu as well. I am trying to prepare for this TG well ahead of time, so I can avoid some of the stress that unfortunately goes along with it. Our sons will be here, plus 7 members of my DH's family. 12 all together - not a large group anymore. We used to have 25 - 30 guests. Those days are gone. I just can't do it any longer. I know, I made some friends "unfriends" - but that's ok. They were so used to come here for all the holidays, that they never knew, what kind of effort is put into it.
    Better get going. Still in my robe. The sun just came out. Looks like it is going to be a nice day. You all enjoy it - Pingo