October 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Re: October 2011

Did everyone see Amanda Knox is free, she was aquitted.
    Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Went in and snapped on TV when I saw your post, but guess I will have to wait until the 5 p.m. news.  I'm delighted.  I always thought she had been railroaded by the authorities over there, anxious to be able to say they had solved the heinous crime.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm familiar with the case (headline), but not with enough of the details (non-DNA evidence vs DNA-based, what was wrong with the DNA, etc) to comment except to say that if the DNA really did unequivocally exonerate her, that's great the system worked as it should.  However, if it was a lab mistake or other such technicality, I'd be sorry to hear that she got off that way.  Reasonable doubt can be a b.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, I hope you feel better!!  Why do you torture me so before I have to go home and have something boring!  Ha!  Icer, just loved your quilt.  I wish I had that kind of talent.  I heard about Amanda too and was just thrilled for her.  So sad she spent her early 20's in jail for something she didn't do.  Well, getting ready to get out of here.  Chat tomorrow ladies!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I followed the case, when it was in the news at first. But it was dragging along like most murder cases, - so I didn't follow it until resently, when her case was due for sentencing.
    I have really mixed feelings about the whole thing. First of all, from all the TV footage and the published pictures - to me Amanda doesn't look like one that  could commit such a heinous crime. But I could be too naive.
    Secondly, the prosecutor did not have enough evidence (they say). If there was even a thread of doubt, I am thrilled, she got acquitted.
    However, if she is indeed guilty - she will live with those thoughts for the rest of her life. I wouldn't want to be in her shoes. What ever is due to her will come in given time - Pingo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good luck tomorrow with Gracie, Kargiver.  I'm sure everything will go fine.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yup, we all stand before God eventually, and He is the only perfectly fair Judge.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: October 2011:
    [QUOTE]Good luck tomorrow with Gracie, Kargiver.  I'm sure everything will go fine.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

Thanks for remembering and assuming I'm anxious - you were right - I'm dreading dropping her off, almost crying thinking about exposing her to the risk of anesthesia again.  But, the risk of her tooth getting terribly infected and much more painful and having to be dealt with sooner or later is 100% so I have to do it.  And, every doc that's listened to her heart says she's in an athlete's shape even after taking it super easy this summer.  So, you're right - she'll be fine.  

Thanks, again - it meant a lot.

~kar

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

[QUOTE]Yup, we all stand before God eventually, and He is the only perfectly fair Judge.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

I have always imagined Jesus as the defense attorney, if god is the judge. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

I pass by these plants daily in Copley Square.  Never seen anything like them but I think they're beautiful.

mothermitzi

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Someone around here has them...they pick them and place them in vases at various shops around town....they are lovely

Nice to see/read you MM

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In Regards to Amanda Knox, I believe she did herself a dis service when she wore the "All you need is Love" t shirt...but it still doesn't mean a life sentence.
    The prsecuter is now up on Ethics charges or...no..wait..."abuse of power" they call it. In my head it was an ethics charge.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Beautiful picture to get up to this morning - aren't those flowers different.  Wonder how long they will last before they drop off.  I've no idea what they are.  Seems as tho they should be called " trumpet" something.  I've tried before to copy and forward pics from this thread to G.T. but they don't go through.

Heard the rain and saw the flashes of lightning, almost constant all during the night.  Was surprised to wake up a few minutes ago to the all quiet and the sun shining.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Happy Birthday Cheerio!  Meowwww!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OMG!  How cute is that?  How sweet of you (and the boys) to remember.  Thank you from me, and puuuuurrrrs from the Queen of the Household.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  mm, where was Barbo's?  Gaetaono's has been where it is since at least 1996.  Bacci's is very good though.  Felicia's is good as well, but not the same as the one that used to be in the NE.  We haven't been to the Stoneham Theater that much, but we are going to see what's playing in the future.  Pingo, I've never been to Molise, but its on our list.  Kar, good luck with Gracie today.  tt, that cake looks awesome and I love your new avatar.  Amber love the picture.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHEERIO!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Cheerio has a special spot in my household for sure!  Today is DD's birthday too.  We are going out to dinner tonight and then back to my house for presents, cake and wine. This is the weekend she is going to NY, so want to make sure I see her.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Kar,

Good luck with Gracie today and let us know how she makes out.  Everything will be fine, she is young and strong.  No worries ok?  Even though I know that is hard to do...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Happy birthday to your daughter, Amber.  What a nice evening you have planned. Purrr a little birthday song to her from the birthday girl in this house!  She's busy right now feasting on a few cat treats - lunch will be her usual (few pieces of kibble), but with a sprinkling of tuna and cheese, two of her favorites.  We'd love to invite you over to share (minus the few pieces of kibble, of course!), but I'm not sure your lunch time is long enough.  You probably want to save your appetite for your celebration tonight.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you tt for your sweet wishes : )  Hard to believe how fast all these years went by.  She is a grown woman, but today, I just see a little girl..  You know if I worked anywhere near your house I would be by for lunch everyday!  and probably dinner too...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Happy Birthday to Cheerio and DD for Amber....and many moooore
    TT hope that cough is better.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I sick, Icer.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I forgot about you not feeling well before I left yesterday tt.  Please take it easy and let Cheerio spoil you today..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"You know if I worked anywhere near your house I would be by for lunch everyday!  and probably dinner too..."

Supper last night wasn't too much of a hit, the soup was good, but instead of making biscuits, I dropped dollops on top of the soup for dumplings.  Must have been too much or something, because they cooked alright, but also thickened and whitened the soup up.  I'm expecting when I go to heat it up today for it to be the consistency of wallpaper paste!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]I forgot about you not feeling well before I left yesterday tt.  Please take it easy and let Cheerio spoil you today..
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

No, I'm really OK today.  Just looking for a little sympathy - - -