October 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: October 2011

I particularly liked the casting of the young boy and the evil queen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

tt,

My condolences on the loss of GT and partner's friend. What a tough thing. How kind they are to take care of the family.

princess-cal,

The law is on your side. My Mum was in a nursing home, and I made sure the staff knew that I knew the elder care laws of this state. Do what tt said and call the AG. Even with generators, the individual rooms should not be without heat. This is a vulnerable, protected population, and oooh, it makes me so made when they're mistreated. I saw so many residents get "dumped" by their families, never having visitors. Those were the residents whose rights weren't respected. And I would inform that boss of yours about the Family Leave Act. This is the right time to exercise your right to it. You have a parent in need.

In other business, I too am hooked on Once Upon a Time. DD and I watch it together. Also try Grimm, on Friday nights (if you're free).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I love cucumbers and make cucumber with mayo sandwiches myself.  Anything sweet I am game for too!  I had a burrito.  DD and boyfriend came over Saturday morning and set up a flat screen tv that DD gave me.  I just love it.  She is going to take me to Comcast to get a HD box, so the picture should be even more amazing.  Technology is something else.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Thanks Reindeergirl.  We are going over there today to assess the situation and believe me will make sure she is safe and comfortable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I know there's always a little curiosity about my lunches by you gals at work - bet today's concoction won't tempt you:

cucumber sandwich on buttered toasted bread
    cup of blueberry tea
    orange and black sprinkled ghost cookie
    AND
    the remains of the bowl of chocolate frosting left over from frosting the half moons

and with that I leave you to watch Y&R in half an hour.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

The tea, the cookie and the frosting sound good.  I'll proably get a greek salad for lunch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I just noticed my post came up in the wrong place too!  Crazy!  My TV was 15 years old tt, so I know exactly what you mean.  Just love the flat screen : )

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You know, Amber I had never had a cucumber sandwich until the first time we went to Ireland and stopped in a little sandwich shop  for lunch.  I asked for a tuna sandwich and got: white buttered bread with chunks of dark tuna, and a layer of thinly sliced cucumber on it!  Strange as it may sound, it was delicious, and I often thinly slice cukes and put on my tuna/miracle whip sandwiches now.

Nice about your dau and bf setting up the TV for you.  You'll see such a difference.  My TV had to be 20 years old when I got a new one for Christmas.  I was perfectly happy with my small screen and didn't know the difference UNTIL they hooked up the new one.  Such a difference.  I can actually see that there are things in the background now!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I really like salads and I find it hard to find a good one around where I work.  The one I did find, was almost $9!!  That is nuts to me.  I am going to try the cucember on tuna.  Why didn't I ever think of that?  I love mine with celery and onion, so why not cucumber?

ETA:  I also love to slice one up, put in a bowl with vinegar and salt and pepper

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

These out of order posts are starting to confuse me.  On the ohter hand, its kind of a fun little game to patch everything together.  I'm having a boring old salad for lunch - too many goodies over the weekend!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am always logged into boston.com.  I went to boston.com page, lifestyle, forums and that didn't fix it either.  Weird.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hi, I was all confused, when I read about Amber loving cucumbers on a sandwich. Then I realized, she must have the same trouble as tt, until tt fixed it.

tt, cucumbers on a tuna sandwich is not so strange at all. We use cucumber slices all over Europe as a crunch addition. A piece of buttered dark bread with a heavy layer of cucumber slices, salt and pepper - heavenly. No need for the mayo. It was just a new thing for you. But the Hot House Cucumbers or the English Cucumbers - or whatever they are called - are the better ones to use. Better tasting and not so many seeds. Besides they are burp-less (or so I have been told) - I never had a problem with cucumbers, so I don't know from experience. But I hardly buy any other cucumber anyway.
    I had a bagel BLT sandwich. It was good. We have this bagel place right next to our office. They make fresh NY style bagels all day long. So many different kinds. They make really good sandwiches. I believe the guy, who owns it, is from Poland and all his employees are Polish as well. They also put cucumber slices on everything. That and sprouts. Even though after the sprout scare, the are now asking if you want them or not. - Pingo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am posting this on Chrome.  I usually use IE.  I go the long way in all the time, lifestyle, forums.  I want to see if this does it too on Chrome.  I hope your headache gets better..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Still messed up... hopefully they will fix the problem by tomorrow.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

In Response to Re: October 2011:
    [QUOTE]Mothermitzi, good to see you back.  You had a wonderful time off.  Glad your foot was healed enough to let you dance the night away! How is your son doing?  Is he still overseas?  So much going on in all parts of the world now. Did anyone else watch "Once Upon a Time" last night?  OMG, I loved it.  Old fairy tale of Snow White brought into current sleepy town called "Storybrooke, Maine".  Fairy tale characters locked into new time with no recollection of their past stories.  Thought it was cast beautifully.  
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

Thanks tt.  He is alright but in another hot spot.  He could not come home for his cousin's wedding. I won't see him again until our ski weekend this winter.  Not sure if I mentioned it here, but he surprised us and came for my father's birthday a couple of weeks ago. Only here for a day but I was so pleased.

mothermitzi

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Wow, that was really great for him to come all that way for just a day.  Must have made your father feel really special and loved.  

I've got a headache - just got back from Michael's.  They had a coupon for 40% off certain embellishments that I use for my cards.  Picked up 4 packages and then when I got to the register and said I think all of these are 40% off, she said, Oh, no, just ---- and ----.  I showed her the coupon I had clipped, she told me I must have had the wrong flyer - she pulled out the desk flyer and there it was staring her right in the face but she still said,  "No, those aren't on sale".  I said, "it's right in front of you, the same coupon I clipped.  Oh, but you said it was a coupon" ?????  It was.  It said Bonus Coupon right on top.  What irritates me is that if I hadn't had that coupon and just asked her if there was a sale on those embellishments, she never would have offered the coupon in the desk paper.  I had this same clerk a couple of weeks ago, and pray when I stand in line that when my turn comes someone else will wait on me.  The worst part is that she seems to be the senior register clerk!  I saved over $7 wth just that coupon.

Gotta go take a Tylenol and make a cup of coffee.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: October 2011:
    [QUOTE]I am always logged into boston.com.  I went to boston.com page, lifestyle, forums and that didn't fix it either.  Weird.
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

Amber, I don't know how to explain what I did - I always stay logged into BDC too, but when I added Chrome, I just picked an old CC page (happens to be one with the turkey picture from Ache posted as its first post) to save as one of my "favorites".   This past week or so with Boston Globe and BDC separating, I'm sure configurations have changed too, and clicking on that old page confused things I think.  Now it's saved on a new page.   Make sense?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

--Gotta take a Tylenol and make a cup of coffee---

Again the confusion, when Amber posted, "Hope your headache gets better" - Headache? Who has a headache? Then your post appeared - 4 down below hers.
    Certainly hope it goes away fast.
    Do you know if the old Michael's further down Rt. 1 is still open? Or have they transferred their employees to this new one? At the old one, there was one older cashier lady, I always tried to avoid. I had a few head-to-head with that one. Similar stories.

Another confusing thing is this Halloween evening. Some towns are cancelling, some are postponing (dates?) and some still keep it. There is a list in Boston.com, not complete as the towns are still making decisions, but here is the latest:
    http://www.boston.com/thingstodo/special/halloween/trick_or_treat_changes/?p1=News_links
    I am going to take the easy way out and simply not put on my lights. Last year I could count the rings on my door bell on one hand.
    Have a good evening all - Pingo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

When I say "senior" cashier, I do not mean she is older, but she seems to be the one the others come to and ask questions - God help us.  Never had a problem at the other Michael's, in fact they went out of their way to give you coupons if you didn't have one.  I doubt that is still open, the two stores would be too close to make it profitable, I would think.  Went specially today for the embellishments and also baskets for Christmas filling - they were 40 or 50% off too, but too expensive to begin with where I have to buy 5.  The filling alone runs up a tidy sum, so I try to pick up basket/holder/something that will be useful to each family, but not with a final price tag of $8 each.  Last year I picked up photo boxes there and everyone seemed to speak as tho they had a use for them, not necessarily photos.  I'll find something, I'm just a little, no a lot, late in doing it this year.  Happy with the embellishments I bought, even got a pkg. with Easter bunny, and several Christmas pkgs, so GD can make her fam a Christmas card - she had fun doing the Halloween one and writing a verse, signing it "Witchy"!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

As for Halloween, I've 20 bags made up and now have this horrible feelng that I'll be inundated with kids this year.  Last year I think it was 15, the year before 4 - i can't sit here watching TV and not put the outside lights on.  At least I know if I don't get rid of them all I won't be tempted eating it - no chocolate!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

test post
    I think I am on the right time now

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Trick or treating is on for my town, at least I think it is.  :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Started out a little slow, but I'm all out of the 20 bags of candy.  Yah!  Lights out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

I turned my lights off at 8:10.  That's when the older kids started showing up with no costumes on.  I answered the door and one kid was talking on a cell phone.  I saw a lot of cute costumes early on and had a chance to chat with some of the parents.  Some of the parents were dressed up and I love that.  I had about 75 kids.  I have one bag of candy left.  That won't be around for long.

Good night all.

mothermitzi

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I just couldn't do it! I wanted to turn off all the lights and let Halloween be Halloween, but I chickened out. So I lit up the house, had my basket of candy ready - and what do you know? Not a single treat'n treater. And my town is not on the list of cancelled or postponed festivities. Glad others had a better outcome. Disappointed? Not much - last year was not much better. Now I am going to bed.
    Good night everyone - Pingo

Sections
Shortcuts