October 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: October 2011

Couldn't forward pic to G.T. but described MM's pic and asked him.  I wasn't far off, 
    Angel's Trumpet.  They come in yellow, and shades of pink/peach.  We had one one year, but they are only tropical/annuals and have to be brought in during the winter.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Those are very pretty flowers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning girls,
    Boy, you have been busy posting this morning. Happy birthday to Cheerio and Amber's daughter. Sounds like the day has been planned out well for both of them.

Hope everything goes well today for Gracie. Kar, my thoughts are with both of you. I am sure, she will be fine. A few days to get over the anesthesia, and she will have bounced back.

mm, what gorgeous flowers. Thanks for sharing the photo with us. Can't imagine it is an annual though - looks like a tree to me.

Winter, I believe that Barbo's were there before Gaetano's opened. The other restaurant you mentioned in your post today, DH used to take clients to for lunch. But one day one of their waitresses switched DH amex card, and charged $400 to Target and $300 to Starmarket on the same day. He got a call from amex that night, that an unusual amount had been charged to those two places, if that was correct? No, it wasn't. He was shocked to find, the name on the card he had in his valet was not his. Amex took the charges off, but we never went back to that restaurant again. Now we both make sure to look at our CC's, when they are returned to us.

Too bad about your soup, tt. Hope it will still be edible today. Same thing happened once to me. So, now when I want to make dumplings, I do them in a separate pot with just water and scoop them up and add to the soup later.

Heard and saw the thunder and lightning this morning. What rain we had last night - lots of our surrounding towns got too much and Rt. 128 going south was closed between Rt. 114 and Lowell Street for a while this morning. That should have made some havoc in the morning rush. Doesn't look much better for the rest of the day.
    Stay dry and warm. Chat later - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

In Response to Re: October 2011:
    Couldn't forward pic to G.T. but described MM's pic and asked him.  I wasn't far off,  Angel's Trumpet.  They come in yellow, and shades of pink/peach.  We had one  one year, but they are only tropical/annuals and have to be brought in during the winter.
    Posted by toytrumpet

Thanks GT!  They are in front of the Old South Church on Boylston. I wondered if they winter them over in a greenhouse like so many of the tropicals planted in the Public Garden during summer.  There are four or five pots and I've been admiring them all summer.

tt, feel better soon.

mothermitzi 

P.S.  After googling "angels trumpet" and looking at the pictures, I think GT is right on the money! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"mm, what gorgeous flowers. Thanks for sharing the photo with us. Can't imagine it is an annual though - looks like a tree to me."

It's always possible G.T. is wrong, Pingo.  He had no picture, just my description.  Perhaps if you google it you will find it's something different.

TV showed so much flooding in Swampscott and Peabody, as well as Salem.  Of course, the underpass at Lynnfield/Rte 1 was flooded too, they say. Lucky my basement was/is dry as a bone.  Thanks to G.T.'s work.

Wonder what time Gracie and Kargiver will be back home.  Anxious to hear how she did.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Good morning everyone.  mm, where was Barbo's?  Gaetaono's has been where it is since at least 1996.  Bacci's is very good though.  Felicia's is good as well, but not the same as the one that used to be in the NE.  We haven't been to the Stoneham Theater that much, but we are going to see what's playing in the future.  Pingo, I've never been to Molise, but its on our list.  Kar, good luck with Gracie today.  tt, that cake looks awesome and I love your new avatar.  Amber love the picture.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHEERIO!!
    Posted by Winter2011Bride

Barbo's was a furniture store on the corner of Montvale and route 28 in Stoneham.  It was there for years and took up the whole block.  Last time I went to the Stoneham Theatre I saw 'A Christmas Carol.'  The stage is small but they put on good performances there.

mothermitzi

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh yes, Barbo's was a furniture store, not a restaurant. How could I forget. Never been to the Stoneham theater. Maybe some day - Pingo

In Response to Re: October 2011 : Barbo's was a furniture store on the corner of Montvale and route 28 in Stoneham.  It was there for years and took up the whole block.  Last time I went to the Stoneham Theatre I saw 'A Christmas Carol.'  The stage is small but they put on good performances there. mothermitzi
    Posted by mothermitzi

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

---It's always possible G.T. is wrong, Pingo.  He had no picture, just my description.  Perhaps if you google it you will find it's something different.---

OMG! I did google it. As beautiful and innocent looking as it is, it is apparently very poisonous and deadly. I wouldn't want to grow it and be around it. Can't imagine the liabilities attached to it, growing it on a public street. Be careful, mm - don't even touch it. - Pingo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

kar,

I hope all is well with your sweet Gracie.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks mm.  I never heard of Barbo's, but I remember when there was a Love's Furniture in Stoneham. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Thanks mm.  I never heard of Barbo's, but I remember when there was a Love's Furniture in Stoneham. 
    Posted by Winter2011Bride

Yes, I remember Love's.  It was on the other side of the street, closer to where Felicia's is now.  The building is apts. or condos now.  

mothermitzi

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

--- It's always possible G.T. is wrong, Pingo.  He had no picture, just my description.  Perhaps if you google it you will find it's something different .--- OMG! I did google it. As beautiful and innocent looking as it is, it is apparently very poisonous and deadly. I wouldn't want to grow it and be around it. Can't imagine the liabilities attached to it, growing it on a public street. Be careful, mm - don't even touch it. - Pingo
    Posted by pingo

Don't worry pingo.  I don't plan to!

mothermitzi

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Kinda late, but had to pop in and say I love that commercial of Darth Vader and the auto....too cute for words....I laugh out loud each time I see it..
    Also, glad that Amanda Knox is on her way home, could someone please explain to me why our young people want to go to College in other countries, or like the other two who were just relieased, go hiking/mountain climbing in other countries, don't we have enough of both here.....why do we spend our money on other countries, stay home and spend it here!!  Those are only 2 instances of how Americans are treated in other countries, isn't that enuf  to make our young people think twice before they whip out that passport.....sorry, just had to get that out...ss 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I so agree with you ss.  It is a shame we are not treated better considering how welcoming we are to Legal immigrants.  She was an exchange student, so I have more sympathy for her, but those 2 guys were hiking by the Iran border????  Yeah, no, that was truly stupid.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Ran out to S&S to get choc bits to make cookies to bring over to grandson tomorrow - got home and finished watching last of Y&R and was too hungry to make a salad, so heated up a can of Spaghettios and wolfed down the whole can!  Remember those?  I don't think any of my grandkids have even tasted them ever

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I love Spaghettios and DD did too!  But my real weakness is Beefaroni : )

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Funny how those old time favorites are still around.  Something made me stop right at the shelf today, glad I did, because boy I sure enjoyed them - right out of the pan!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Here's a chuckle for you, Amber.  G.T. emailed me that he can get into the boards today - and then followed up with this serious warning -

"You might want to delete the birthday pic of Cheerio that shows the check with your name/address/ account number!!!!!"

Good choice of pics on your part, it does look like Cheerio, and I do have square plates.  Don't know how he could read the name on the check, I can't, but when I emailed him that you had sent that to Cheerio, he went back in and said, oh yeah, I see it's not your name.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hi Guys.  Tried to catch up during my so-called lunch, but ran out of time.  Will go through the older posts later.  Here is what I caught so far -

Congrats to Icer and Honey!
    Feel better, tt! 
    Kar - hope Gracie's procedure went well. 
    Yay for Amanda Knox - sometimes the system does work.
    MM, SS, BG - glad you have all made appearances.
    Pingo sounds like another fun weekend having DS home.

Sorry if I mised anyone.  Back to the grind!  Took yesterday off, so there is lots to catch up on...  No, I still haven't taken out my fall decorations, or taken fall pics of puppy.  I'm such a delinquent.  I did pcik up some interesting gourds at a reoadside stand this weekend though for the TG centerpiece.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, I am cracking up at GT!  I tried to get as close a cat card to Cheerio as I could and I did!  That is a riot!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Can we see them?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I just went back out of curiosity and GT must have great eyesight because I can't see a name either.  But then again, I am blind as a bat!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The pic does look so like Cheerio that it fooled him.  How he ever thought I could get a hat on her head, is beyond me!  You do come up with come great pics tho, Amber.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Wow...he does have good eyes...I never even noticed the check....Although I did that once...took a picture of something and a box of hair color was in the backround....jeez louise it was such a discussion abouit my hair coloring...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

only my hairdresser knows.........

Sections
Shortcuts