October 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Re: October 2011

for sure

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That is good! I went back to your post and looked at the photo again. I am quite amazed that the City of Boston allows such a dangerous plant/tree within reach of anyone, that passes it.
    When our company have to specify trees, shrubs etc. for our projects, there is a very limited list, we can pick from - and I can tell you, this one its not on it. And it shouldn't be. - Pingo

In Response to Re: October 2011:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: October 2011 : Don't worry pingo.  I don't plan to! mothermitzi
    Posted by mothermitzi[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

[QUOTE]That is good! I went back to your post and looked at the photo again. I am quite amazed that the City of Boston allows such a dangerous plant/tree within reach of anyone, that passes it. When our company have to specify trees, shrubs etc. for our projects, there is a very limited list, we can pick from - and I can tell you, this one its not on it. And it shouldn't be. - Pingo In Response to Re: October 2011 :
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

pingo, after I read your response, I went back and read the description in detail. At first, I only looked at the pictures.  The potential for danger is there, and I am surprised they are out in the open.  The planters are set back about 20 feet from the sidewalk, but anybody could walk up to them. Maybe I'll go in and say something.  On the other hand, they'll be gone soon enough.  This is the first year I've seen them out there. 

mothermitzi   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar,
    How is Gracie (and you)? Did you bring her home. Hope all went well - Hugs, Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Dear friends - we are home!  And, I would have updated you earlier, but our internet and cable TV were out again until now (TV still out).  

Gracie made out OK, but she is wobbly and miserable.  Her howls are unbearable and constant.  They have her loaded up on morphine and assured me that dogs cry just from that, and the pain isn't nearly as bad as she makes it sound.  I hope to goodness they are right.  She ate a good (very soft) dinner and is in he crate so she doesn't fall on the slick floors and hurt her knee.

Thanks for all your well wishes, prayers, and hugs.  Tomorrow we'll be better, but I have an early chiropractic appointment so won't be online 'til about 10...if the internet connection is still good.

Blessings,
    ~kar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

kar -

Glad all went well.  I'm sure she'll get her sea legs back in no time.  Instinctively, even though they may be frightened or confused, deep down I think our pets know we are trying to make them feel better.  Hope she is even better in the morning.

mothermitzi

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Glad to see your post when I got up, Kargiver, and to hear all went well.  I'm sure you'll see a difference in Gracie even this morning.  Be careful of her on those slick floors.  Hope you're still connected to the internet so you can give us an update when you get back home from your appt. this morning.  Kiss the top of her head, for me, and a soft pat from Cheerio.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, ladies - cable TV is still ALL messed up, but the internet is working so I'm glad I could get your notes this morning for Gracie.  She wagged her tail to everyone and said to blow Cheerio a kiss for her.

Last night was awful.  She howled long after bedtime.  At 10:30 I got up and fed her a 1/2 cup of squash.  That quieted her for 2 hours.  At 12:30 she howled and whined to the point where she was all worked up and I figured she probably had to go to the bathroom at that point so let her out.  Then, she did quiet down for the rest of the the night, but both DH and I were listening for signs she was still alive so she was the only one who slept at all, essentially.

BUT, this morning a new day has dawned.  She's her regular self, as you all predicted.  

OK, here I go.  I have 15 minutes to get ready and get out the door.  Got to be back by 10 for the cable guy so I'm going to show up early at the chiropractors and hope for the best.

Will check in and get caught up when I get home.  Thanks, again, for all the thoughts for Gracie.  She's asleep, comfy in her crate.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Poor Gracie...  it is like having a child isn't it?  I always wished they could talk so we could tell them it is for their own good.  But very happy she is getting back to normal this morning.  I can't take morphine, makes me deathly ill.  Maybe that is what happened to Gracie?  What is going on with your cable Kar??  Lord knows we pay a ton for it.  I hope they are discounting this months bill for you.  I had issues one time and I got a month free.  I would mention to them that you are not getting a full month of your service with all these interruptions and how are you going to be compensated.  If you ask, I'm sure you will.  Just a thought.  What a beautiful morning and I hear this weekend summer is back.  I took Monday off as it is not a Holiday at my work, so should be a nice long weekend.  I hope everyone has a terrific day!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Kar, good to hear Gracie is feeling better, but it must have been quite a night for you and DH. I remember those nights, when the boys were young and sick. They slept, but we were up all night checking on them. Maybe, after the cable guy leave, you can take a nap. Amber is into something. You should try to get some compensation. We once got 3 months free from Verizon, when we had lots of problems w/ our land phone.
    Need to get to the office early today, so I am out the door in a few minutes. Will check in later. Hope you all will have a nice day - Pingo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Not sure what happaned yesterday, but I had a lot of trouble getting on to this site after lunch yesterday.  I could not get the forums pages to load at all. I eventually gave up.  Novem, nice to hear from you.  I hope you enjoyed your day off yesterday.  Kar, I'm glad Gracie is doing better today.  tt, if I take the picture into photoshop I can see what G.T. saw.  It does look a lot like Cheerio. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, where are you today?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]tt, where are you today?
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

I'm in the kitchen baking cookies!  Just put the last sheet in the oven.  Two dozen plain sugar with sprinkles and about the same choc chip.  Taking them to my GD's this afternoon for his pizza party celebration.  I called before he went to school and sang "Happy Birthday" - I could hear his sister giggling in the background, so they must have had me on speaker phone - when I finished, complete silence.  I said, "Are you there?"  "Yeah, do you want to talk to Dad?"  Utter embarrassment at 11.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I'm sorry tt, but I fell out laughing at that story!  You are so good and you know he loved it, but at 11, no way is he showing it!  Your house must smell so good : )  How are you feeling today?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I keep forgetting to tell you all what I did last week.  I am going up my hill home from work and I see the FedEx truck parked outside my house.  I knew I was expecting something for DD's birthday, so I hurried.  When I got there, I asked him if the package was for me and he said yes. I then said "Oh, I am so happy, that is for DD"  He looked at me weird and I mumbled..  I meant my dear daughter....  I think I am on these boards too much!  Ha!  Ha!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, so funny, Amber.  I know it, someone the other day asked me who DS was, and I said, "Oh, dear son.  Computer lingo, you know."  They kind of laughed and nodded and I know they didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

Fighting off this cold that hasn't really broken yet - you know how that is, scratchy throat down to my stomach, fits of sneezing now and then.  At least my head isn't blocked up.  Asked my son if he still wanted me to come since I had a cold and he said as long as it was just a cold - like I know?  By the time late afternoon rolls around I'll be on my last legs anyway, so don't plan on staying more than an hour or so.

Glad your DD's present arrived in time.

House smells good, but now I've got to trust that Cheerio won't feel like a sweet snack, leave them cooling, and head out for an errand or two.  I never seem to get them all done in one day.  At least I don't have to think about supper tonight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL, ambergirl, I do the same thing!  I call my husband, "Dear Husband," instead of his name all the time.  It must sound realllly weird, especially to people who know him.

tt, I could go for a cookie or two.  Your house must be nice and toasty.  I haven't been baking so I had to turn on the heat - my nose is still cold.  GL with Cheerio keeping her paws off the cookies.  I could NOT trust Gracie to do the same.

The cable is fixed, and we are being compensated for the outtage.  Not the whole month, but 3 days' worth.  I wonder if Gracie is actually sabotaging the system when we aren't looking so her favorite cable guy can come back.  He got here early (9:35), and they were "talking" through the front window until I got home at 9:41...she adores him, and the feeling is mutual.

A nap would be a great idea, but I skipped breakfast and am famished.  Maybe after...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Errands worked out perfectly - done and back home in 45 minutes.  Among the stops one to get my hair cut.  I feel and look somewhat human now.

Picked up a couple more of my favorite plastic trays to transport the cookies this afternoon, and a few more bars of candy for the birthday boy's candy bag.  That's been an extra present for several years now, ever since when I earnestly asked hm what he wanted for his birthday, and he just as earnestly told me, "a bag of candy"!

Fixed a salad and sneaked one of the choc chip cookies, now I'll make a nice bracing cuppa.

Hope everyone's having a good day.  Glad to read Gracie's better and more like her old self today.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hello again.  I was having problems again getting to the forums.  tt, your house must smell so good.  I'd like a tray of cookies please.  Amber, your FedEX story is great.  Glad your daughter's package arrived.  Kar, too cute about Gracie flirting with the cable guy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Funny that you're having problems getting to the Forums, Winter, and G.T. who hasn't been able to get on the boards, is able to today.  

Find my Comcast is crazy too.  Haven't had the caller ID flash on the TV for a couple of months (3rd time this has happened and I called 2 other times to get it fixed), and just didn't want to deal with what I have to go through again, so did nothing.  All of a sudden, a couple of days ago there was the notification again.  At the same time, I have had the irritating beep beep beep letting me know I have phone messages each time I pick up the phone when I specifically have not signed into that and have asked them again, to remove it 2 times.  Now, when I picked up the phone today, that is gone.  Yah!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

That is funny that G.T. can get to the Forums today.  Not much going on, busy at work my department is moving to another section of our office so there's lots of throwing out and packing going on. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

How's the cold, tt?

Winter, that's the good thing about moving - purging!  GL :)

I'm freeeeeezing.  Maybe we'll start the wood stove.  Oh, my, here we go.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Popping in to say Hi!  I actually had to login today to post - first time in as long as I can remember.  Go figure!  Busy as a bee again today, but slipped out for a quick breath of fresh air, and felt the fall chill!  Looks like I'll have to pull out some cardigans.

Glad Gracie is feeling better.

Have fun at the pizza party, tt.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh, what a day! Have you ever heard of Murphy's Law? Well, this was the day for me.
    I had a large important project to do, so I left early this morning for the office. Usually I eat my lunch (early) before I leave, but today I left just after breakfast and decided, I would just pick up a bagel next door for lunch.
    Got a good start setting up my spread sheets etc.---- then a black out. My office went numb. Couldn't do a thing.
    I started filing and do a lot of non-computer stuff. Lunchtime came, and I was hungry. So I went out to get something to eat. Bagel place had no power and  no traffic lights were working. All food places were non functioning.  Most of Reading was w/o power. I finally got a cold lobster roll (actually not bad) at S&S. They were w/o power too, but was running on a generator. Only one working register, and dim light all over.
    3:30 I took work home. Can always do work at my home computer, right? Well "Server not found" - we are connected to our office server - so I couldn' use my home computer either.
    The power just came on. I don't know, what happened, so I am anxious to watch the news tonight.
    And of course, through all of this DH was in Boston for meetings. What a wasted day. - Pingo

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Haven't had the caller ID flash on the TV for a couple of months ... .

Me too, tt!

kar - Gracie flirting with the cable guy, sounds likes she's feeling better. I'm so glad. (And she's so cute.)