October 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: October 2011

Amber, Kar and tt, I guess we are all too much on the Forums.
    DH was asking me  one day, when I was planning to stay at home, "What are your plans for today?".
    "Oh, I need to do my usual run. Costco, TJ's and MB - maybe S&S too." - He looked at me as if I had two heads and said, "WHAT?" He had no idea, what I was talking about. LOL
    - Pingo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nov and rdg, thanks for adding your concern and well wishes for Gracie.  She seems to be her regular self tonight.

Pingo, what a tale of woe!  Goodness, how frustrating.  I hope you have a nice dinner (take out?) with a lovely glass of wine tonight.

DH will be home soon, and I've been dragging all day.  Must get a few things done before his impending arrival.

ETA:  Funny - I guess we all do it!  I thought I was the only one out there saying "DH." :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

For the first time, I had to register to get on line, they even told me they did not have my e-mail or password on hand.....I gave them my e-mail, then had to leave that site, go to my e-mail on comcast, yes, they reognized me, now add a new password, I entered the one I had all the time, and it went thro....it was very frustrating, it happened last nite and again this afternoon....have you heard the weather ss is supposed to be in the 80's over the weekend, yay!! ss

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Yes, SS - I can feel with you. We have all gone through that at one point or another. For some of us - more that one time. Good for you, you knew to navigate the system, so we have you back on line.
    I heard too, that we are gong to have a banner weekend, but first we haev to get by some frosty night. Supposedly, it is going down in the frost grades Thursday - Yuck! - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Watched the news - still don't know what happened to our power besides 3 other towns were out of power as well. Hopefully things will be better tomorrow. - Pingo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Chilly, glad I had positioned the thermostat so the heat went on below a certain point.  Feeling chilly with this cold anyway, and would like to push it on again this morning.

Birthday boy had a nice pizza supper last night.  At 11, he is just a hair's breath shorter than I am.  As his other grandmother and I said, "Eleven?  Where did the years go?"

Little Reese had been to the groomer again yesterday and was a sweet smelling bundle of love.  I noticed black hair coming in on her head, which I'm sure wasn't there before.  Will have to check back on her previous pics.  What a little sweetie she is.  Asked my son and she is an Imperial teacup.

Have an eye doctor's appt. this morning but may cancel and reschedule.  Always want every advantage in my favor when I have my eyes checked, and with this headcold, I'm not getting my eyes open too wide as it is!

Ah, just heard the heat click on.  Got to go position myself over the kitchen floor register and warm these bones.  Have a good day everyone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

so sorry for your struggle Pingo I do hope it resolves itself today...I also heard we are in for a stellar weekend. Honey and I covered the moonflowers last night and will do the same tonight but ater we get our warm up...watch out...I think we are in for quite a show. I can't wait

I am making Pingos tomato bisque today....i think I am going to put in some beets too...I tought that might give it a nice color...We'll see

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

btw..i had to log in and create a new password yesterday too

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Mm, beets in tomato bisque; I think not only would the color be richer, the sweetness of the beets would be nice in it, too.  I've put carrots in tomato bisque before; I think the result would be similar.

Frost on the lawn this morning and 61 in the house.  Time to light the stove.  I'm frozen!

Did you get a newly groomed photo of Reese, tt?

Brrr.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Back with my hacking cough, after rescheduling this morning's appt.  Two weeks out gives me plenty of time to get these eyes really wide open again!

Called a former co-worker who lives in Swampscott last night.  They had a foot and a half of water in their cellar (I swear one of the air photo shots on TV was of her street), necessitated in getting a new washer/dryer, but not any where as bad as her dau who got 5 1/2 feet of water in the basement.  Everything, is gone. Luckily they both have an insurance plan that covers sump pump back up and will be covered.  She was surprisingly cheerful, as was her husband in the background, and when I said that to her, she said, "You know, after battling cancer 10 years ago, I realize as I did then, that it happened, and I have no control over that part of it.

Time for a cup of coffee and maybe a smidgin of something to go with.  I'll obviously be around all day.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

A bit chilly this morning.  My house is chilly but not too bad.  Hoping to hold out putting on my heat since we are getting Indian Summer this weekend.  I do like my house colder at night.  I find I sleep better that way.  I was going to make a beef stew in my crockpot this weekend, but now thinking maybe not with the warm weather.  DD is away until Monday night.  Probably won't hear from her.  We pretty much talk, email or text everyday, so I will def have empty nest syndrome this weekend : (  tt, a black hair on Reese?  I love her all white, hope she doesn't change.  I just blinked and one day Amber's colored spots were black!  Imperial teacup?  I must google that.  But then again Shih Tzu's were the prized house pets for the Chinese Royals so Imperial teacup fits Reese perfectly : )  Did you know Shih Tzu means Lion Dog?  Pingo don't you hate a wasted day?  I know I do.  Kar, so happy to hear Gracie is back to normal.  Well, I am babbling so everyone have a great day!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Found a pic of Reese when she was younger, and there definitely were other colors.  Maybe the close haircuts have cut some of that off.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

RIP Steve Jobs....  most amazing visionary ever..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

God how adorable tt.  I know I am prejudice but that picture is crazy cute!  I'm sure the puppy cut took some of the color.  Amber was that color only a little lighter.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    I love your babbling, Amber - we all do it. I don't know much about Shih Tzus, but I believe a Imperial Teacup is an undersized Shih Tzu.
    Sorry to hear, you are still under the weather, tt. Good you could join the pizza party though. I am sure all your cookies went over well.
    Icer, I like the idea of adding beets to the bisque. Only thing, I would not add the fennel then. The beets will overpower the delicate flavor of the fennel (IMO). I am anxious to hear a "report".
    Cold is not the word this morning - more like freeeeeezing. We haven't started the heat yet, so it was hard to get out of bed. Those covers were so wonderfully warm.
    Have to leave early for the office to catch up on the stuff, I couldn't do yesterday. Still haven't found out, what the problem was with the power-out. But I guess, 4 cities w/o power for 5 hours is not much news worthy, when Gisele Bundchen get a speeding ticket. LOL
    I feel a bit burnt out, but the weekend is on it's way, and DS will join us. Can't wait - Pingo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Pingo that's just awful what happaned yesterday.  tt, my son is about 2 inches shorter than my mom.  She's 5'2".  I totally understand...I'm only 5'4" 1/2 and can't believe he's 11.  Amber, I know I couldn't believe it when I heard that Steve Jobs died.  He's done so much with technology and we will feel his loss for some time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hacking up a storm this morning, so cancelled lunch plans for tomorrow with friend. She is due to leave for a week in Fla next week, and besides my not feeling like eating out, don't want to give this to her.  She's nervous enough about flying without having to worry about a headcold on top of it.

Bundled up snug and warm in comfort clothes, a bit shoddy, but my comfort things.  Not expecting anyone to pop in today anyway.  Have on nice heavy winter socks and boy that helps.  All the blinds are open and tilted downward to let in as much sun as possible.

Told my son I found little pellets in the middle of the yard yesterday that I thought were bunny droppings, but he said they probably were from a female deer.  Put up a couple of pieces of fruit that had started to go by yesterday and will take a walk up later and see if they're gone.  I know the deer like them.  I think next spring I'll have G.T. do a large planting of the hostas up back, seeing as that is something they feed on.

Life, cold or not, goes on, so have to get a couple of washes thrown in.  When the kids were growing up, I always wondered what happened to all the mismatched socks - now I'm wondering where all my washcloths have gone.  Had about 15 and I'm down to maybe 4.  Have to really look through what few things are down in the wash bin to see if they're hiding there.

ETA:  Fruit I left up back is gone and there were what looked to me like hoof prints.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I feel bad as well regarding Steve Jobs.  I feel bad whenever someone loses a family/friend member not so much what they did as in the end someone lost a loved one. But I am not sure why everyone is "shocked"?  He was dying and has been sick for so long.  When he gave his notice last month I knew it was a matter of short time before he would pass.  My only hope was he died as peacefully as possible as pancreatic cancer is a painful one:(

So cold out today!  I get up really early and glad I had a jacket in the car.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, deer like Hostas? We were thinking of planting some in an area, that is difficult to mow. Not any longer, I can tell you. We have plenty of deer - don't need any more. Thank for the ups. - Pingo

Ps. Just in case anyone is curious about our turkey farm - we had 22 this morning.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I thought of your turkeys last night at son's, his FIL was telling me they see one strutting around there - I thought to myself - "One???  I have a friend who has 20+ daily!!"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I feel so bad about Steve Jobs as well. He looked so sick for a very long time. Hope he is in peace now. Such a great innovator.
    Pancreatic cancer is painful and devastating. I had a friend die from that. This friend kept asking for someone to end his life. His last few weeks in the hospice was an ordeal, I would not have anyone go through.
    Bless Steve Jobs and everyone, who took care of him. - Pingo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

alreadymarried, I thought that was strange too that people were shocked. When he stepped down in August, he looked terrible then and when he wasn't there for the unvieling of the new iphone this week, I figured he was not doing well...  he gave a good fight to that cancer though.  4 years worth of a battle.  Sad he lost and I feel so bad for his wife and family.  But what a contribution he gave to us and not many people can put that on their headstone. I hope they are comforted in that..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, I really hope you feel better soon. I hate colds with a passion.  I would love to see a deer where I live, but not going to happen. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm about to become a great grandma again!  Son just called, GD that we had the shower for a couple of weeks ago went into labor during the night and is in hospital now with things moving along quickly - from a man's point of view anyway - probably not quickly enough for her.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh tt, how exciting.  Bless you and your GD. Hope and pray everything goes well, and that she will have a healthy baby. Please keep us posted - Pingo

ps. You are so right "from a man's point of view" ---

Sections
Shortcuts