October 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Re: October 2011

Many years ago, in the early 60's, my aunt, a nun, suffered for two years before Drs. found out she had pancreatic cancer.  They told my mom on Christmas Eve (some finese huh?) and my aunt was gone 1/22/63.  She was in constant pain for so long, never took a pain reliever or complained.  Strong lady!!
    tt..my DD,who lives in Medfield, had oodles of deer in her back yard, her husband filmed a family of them, they literally lived off of her rhodendrum plants and her hostas....course they fed them lots of apples too.  I've only seen them twice on our street, took a snap of one and it looks just like a statue...beautiful animals. Take care all and Keep Smiling, ss 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, that is wonderful!  Do we know what she is having?  I hope for a swift labor and delivery for her.  Please keep us updated : )

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

We know it's a baby boy, and we do know his name which I can't post here, but a nice Irish name, and he will have her father's (my son's) middle name.  Called his brothers to let them know, but he has already called them all - he's about to become a "Grampa"!  And, what a wonderful one he will be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, is this your son with the shoulder problem? You know, you have so many of them, I can't keep count. LOL
    - Pingo
    ps. I am sure you must be feeling a lot better with this exciting news. Hoping for a short labor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

He's here!  Father just had come out into the waiting room and told my son.  They were still cleaning the baby up, so no news yet on weight, length etc., it was enough for my son to hear that baby and mother are fine. Yahoo!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

How wonderful tt and how blessed that baby is to come into such a wonderful and loving family : )

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Congratulations, tt!  I agree with Amber - such a lucky little guy to be born into your family.  Blessings to you and yours!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

tt - Congrats on the baby! Welcome to the world, little one.

Pingo - If you don't want deer, don't plant hostas. It's like catnip to them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks all, for the congrats.  I'm so darn mad that I've got this stupid cold right now.  The baby wasn't due for another 2 weeks and I'd have been all over it by then.  Don't dare go near her or the baby.  So, while everyone's at the hospital, I'm here - 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Wonderful news tt.  Congratulations!  Love that he'll have an Irish name! In the meantime, take care of that cough and cold.

Yes, it's chilly today.  Got out my fleece jacket this morning.  My heat didn't go on though.  My house stays warm.  Must be all the insulation I had blown in and the new windows.  It was 73 degrees inside when I woke up this morning. 

This morning, I was greeted with several morning glories on my back deck railing and the mums are beautiful.  Love this time of year.  This weekend I'll get a few ornamental cabbages and a pumpkin.  Can't put the pumpkin out front until Halloween.  It would be gone in a minute.  The kids around here look so innocent, but I guess pumpkins are just too tempting.    

mothermitzi

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, mm.  I'll call her later on today.  She had told her father earlier that she hoped everyone didn't come rushing to the hospital, that all she wanted to do was sleep.  I remember that feeling.  Also remember my mother telling people that, and I was devastated that while roommate had loads of company, I had none but my mother and husband!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, I know you wish you were there, but you will have so many years to enjoy with that bundle of joy and to create memories with..  Hope this makes you feel better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, Amber.  That's what I tell myself, that there will be plenty of time to visit the baby.  I just so clearly remember the day GD was born and seeing her and holding her, and the bond that was created right then.  She seemed to recognize my voice when I talked to her and her little eyes looked right up at me, like, "I know that voice - - -"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Cograts TT...You MUST be thrilled

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

TT congratulations on your new GGS.  He is a very luck little man to have such a wonder Great Grandmother.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wow, big happenings while my computer was toast!  

Congrats, tt, on the early arrival of your GGS!!!  So sorry you are under the weather and can't go right away, but at the same time, you'll get to have him all to yourself when you do visit very soon.

My computer wouldn't stay ON after I rebooted after a routine virus software update reboot.  I'd just barely see the desktop then, POOF, off it would go.  So, drove to Best Buy to visit the Geek Squad.  What a waste of time.  I didn't bring my own power cord - figured they'd have a universal one - nope.  And, he said that even if I had had it they'd have to send it out of state for 4 - 6 weeks just to get it looked at.  Um, really?  That's not what the ads imply.  Anyway, I asked for a phone book, found a computer repair guy 10 minutes from there, and he fixed it on the spot. 

So, I'm home to see the happy news!!  But, I must bid you adieu, again, for now - I'm totally behind on my chores for that unexpected errand.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Congratulations, tt - what exciting news, while I have been slaving away here, trying to play catch up from yesterday' s power failure.
    Too bad about your cold though. But look at it this way, now you can go and visit the baby at home, when all the rush is over - and have the new mom and the little one all to your self. Hope both mom and son are doing well. When little Lilly is getting tired of cookie making, you will have someone else to take over.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

What a bummer, Kar. Imagine that? 4 - 6 weeks just to check it. Good you found someone else near by, and that it is up and running again.
    I guess I don't appreciate, how lucky we are to have our own "Geek Squad", that can fix our computer problems from afar. They installed a program in my computer, so they can take over whenever needed. It is strange to just sit there and see the curser going all over the place w/o touching the mouse.
    How is Gracie feeling? Did they pull the tooth or did they fix it? Just curious.
    - Pingo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just called and spoke with the new mother.  She sounds good and feels good. Said the baby definitely looks Irish, like her father's side of the family.  Also wanted to let me know that he told her to tell me that he loves Nana's whoopie pies and half moons!  Think that was a hint for when I make my home visit.  They'll be on my list of things to bring anyway.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I can usually figure out software issues, but this time it was a hardware problem - totally out of my hands, especially on a laptop.  He had to pull it apart to fix it.  I'm writing Best Buy about their advertising being misleading.  I wasn't happy, although, at least they had a real phone book to lend me.

Gotta get back to the kitchen.  The pumpkin is cooled and ready to become bread.  The seeds are toasty and delicious.  Dinner is not done, but DH said he wasn't that hungry...but, I'm guessing he will be at some point tonight.

Everyone stay warm!  

Good night,
    ~kar

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

-----but DH said he wasn't that hungry-----

Kar, watch out! DH is just being nice. Mine usually is, when he says that - and then an hour later, he will go for the chips or other junk, I keep for unexpected company. LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL, he's almost asleep on the floor 1/2 on Gracie's bed with her equally sleepy in the crook of his arm.  Usually, when my DH says he's "not that hungry" it means the damage is already done!

tt, that's adorable.  I guess you'll have to make some whoopie pies!  Or, wasn't GT going to make pumpkin ones?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, while you are making those for your GD...feel free to drop some off to me :)  Surprise I thought I'd check in while my son is in the shower. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, Winter - good idea to suggest that if tt has a bunch of pies she doesn't need or want she can deliver them around CC. :)

DH had pumpkin bread (just now, still HOT) for "dinner." 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Got up expecting to see "frost on the pumpkin", so to speak, but the grass and flowers are clear here.  Heat certainly was clicking on all during the night, and even a few minutes ago.  Fine with me.  I checked the gauge and still have 1/4 of a tank from last year, so I'm set for these chilly days/nights that need it before the regular oil delivery season begins.

Cold is in the drying up process now, so I'm on the mend.  Think I may finally make the pear/apple crisp today.

ETA:  Oh, and as for those extra whoopie pies - since Kargiver turned me on to the fact that I can freeze them - that's where they'll go - sorry, folks!