October 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: October 2011

Sorry, everyone...I really didn't think that suggestion out. ;)

So glad to hear you're on the mend, tt - colds really do sap anyone's joy.  I hope you can enjoy making your tart.

We had literal frost on the pumpkin this morning as well as yesterday.  Brrrrr!  Warm weekend, though, so hate to go through the mess of starting up the stove.  I almost did yesterday, but ended up going to Worcester to get the computer fixed instead.  Then, I took the edge off with the oven to bake the pumpkin, seeds, and bread.

DH is heading to NH to spend time with his folks (and rest of the family) before they head to FL for the cold months.  I'm staying.  BIL is literally too much for me, and DH finally gets it.

Sooooo cold.  Must have another cuppa.

~kar

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I finally broke down and turned my heat on to get the chill out.  Hard to believe it is going to be in the 80's this weekend. I will be sure to enjoy it since I do believe it is our last hurrah for summer.  tt, I would kill to have one of your whoopie pies : )  I'm happy to hear you are feeling better too.  I hope today goes by fast. I am happy I took Monday off, not a Holiday for my company.  Didn't want to deal with the bus and train on Saturday schedule.  I already put in for the day after Thanksgiving too, since that also is not a Holiday.  My company follows the stock market.  Well, I hope everyone has a great day!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Amber, if we don't catch up later on, enjoy your nice long week-end.  I never minded working the day after Thanksgiving because it was so dead in work, and an easy day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

amber, you held out longer than I did - I've been running the heat here and there for 2 days.  Have a great 3 day weekend!

I never minded "working" the day after Thanksgiving, either - it was so dead in the office that not much work was going on, lol.

DH is taking all of next week off, yay!  He doesn't get Monday as a holiday, but has plenty of vacation...he hardly ever takes any.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you tt, but I hope you are on the boards later.  I should have a quiet day today.  I have worked the day after Thanksgiving and very easy day to work, but since my company doesn't give a lot of PTO time, I try to take advantage of any long weekend now. I am planning on taking Dec 26 - 30 as 4 vacation days, but because of the Christmas and New Years Holiday, I will actually be off 10 days : )

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That's good planning!

I'm headed back to bed for a while.  Chat later.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning.  We have not put the heat on :( But I'm excited that it will be in the 80s this weekend.  We are planning to go to the Topsfield Fair on Sunday and it should be beautiful.  I have Monday off, but my DH doesn't.  So DS and I will be finishing up a project that's due Tuesday.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, that was a short back to bed nap.  Phone rang from G.T.'s partner's mom re the new baby.  Now that I'm back up might as well get dressed and on with the day.  Cheerio, on the other hand, has found a corner of the bed where if I pull up the shade, the sun is shining right on her.  She'll hang out there for a while.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Short nap, indeed, but maybe it was enough for the extra boost you'll need to enjoy the day.  All is well with the baby?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

All is well with baby and mother.

Now that I'm back up a while, cold has all loosened up again, sneezing, coughing, the works.  Never get a cold, I think I picked this one up in the library.  A woman in there had the most terrible cough.  I wondered why she had come into work to expose everyone else to it.  Hope I didn't leave any germs at GS's birthday.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning ladies,
    Haven't turned the heat on yet in this house, but was close to do it last night. An extra comforter did the trick, but I am now sitting here with "blue" fingers typing. I am planning going out in a few minutes, and then the weekend will be warm. For us it is just not turning up the thermostat. DH goes down every year after the heating season and turn off the heating system. All that has to be started up again.

I was thinking of you this morning, tt - when I read in the Globe about the Single Serving Cakes in a Coffee Mug. There were recipes on a carrot cake, a brownie, a coffee cake and one more, I forgot. All delicious. Did you see it? I thought to myself, "This must be just for tt, when she needs something sweet." Sounds like your cold is on the way out. If you go out today, make sure you bundle up. Not a day for a recoving cold. It was really nippy out yesterday - I could have used an extra sweater.

Kar, it is really too bad, you cannot join your DH for a trip to NH to visit w/ his parents. Not only to give your DH company, but the colors are supposed to be on their peak and it is going to be a beautiful weekend. Hope you and Gracie will have a nice stay at home weekend, and as you mentioned DH will be at home all next week.

Winter, I haven't been to the Topsfield Fare in years, but do remember the good times we had there. I guess, one needs to have youngsters in tow to enjoy a fare. Another school project? I remember those days. Just finished one and then there was already another one in the wings. What is it about this time?

Have a great long weekend, Amber. Our office is closed Monday, but that doesn't mean much for DH and I. Our son will be back from his conference tonight and leave Sunday night - so I know, what DH and I will be doing Monday.

Didn't take my plants in last night, but they all seem to have survived. I was mostly worried about my 5 year old Mandeville; it is all wound around our railing and difficult to remove. When I take it in, I  practically  have to cut it off the railing. My mums are beautiful - so full this year.

I will be around later today. Keep warm - Pingo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

This time it's a 2 ft X 3 ft person of a biography the students have chosen.  It's all about Michael Jordan this weekend at the Winter house.  He likes basketball so he wanted to do Michael Jordan, I was hoping for someone else, but he read the book and that's all that matters. We have to buy material to make a Chicago Bulls shirt and some numbers and maybe a basketball. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Couldn't you buy a jersey the right color and then attach the numbers to that?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, loved your picure of the crisp, yum!  I was going to respond but got a bit exhausing and ridiculous over there.  I cannot wait until 5:00, but so wish I could respond on the forums.  No update yet from Boston.com on why we can't post from our smart phones.  arrrgghh....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: October 2011:
    [QUOTE]tt, loved your picure of the crisp, yum!  I was going to respond but got a bit exhausing and ridiculous over there.  I cannot wait until 5:00, but so wish I could respond on the forums.  No update yet from Boston.com on why we can't post from our smart phones.  arrrgghh....
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

Did you read the last post?  OMG - I just over and outed.  Like you say, ridiculous.  Yeah, wish you could post over the week-ends.  The more on the boards, the more fun.  I'll spend another week-end - alone - but that's alright, wouldn't want anyone else to come down with this.  Taking my car in to be winterized Monday.  Was surprised the station was open, but when I asked for a day I could leave it, he said Monday was good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I did and I'm just giving up.  I wanted to ask, Did You Read What You Have Written??? I always want to give someone a second chance and the benefit of the doubt, but can't deal with that to be truthful.  I'm at least glad it is not me and I was entirely joking as you were.  Guess not everyone can have our terrific humor!  Sealed  Columbus Day is always a weird Holiday.  Half the people I know are working and the other half not.  I'll be home alone too, no plans unless someone calls.  But then again, sometimes it is nice and I get a lot done.  Amber will get lots of long walks with the good weather and Tigger will be in his glory with the windows open again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, to have the windows open again will seem great.  I walked up back to dump the apple/pear peelings for the deer, and was surprised how nice it is out.  Felt good to breath in some fresh air.  Think G.T. probably would have come down Monday if not for this cold, but I've already laid the groundwork for them worrying about catching something - so I may go out locally and do a little poking for my Christmas baskets.  Never too early to get started on them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

----tt, loved your picure of the crisp, yum!---

Crisp? What crisp? Where is the picture? Don't have it. Also, i don't understand your and Ambers play w/ words. Did you by any chance delete a post, tt?

Went out this morning for some blood work. Was wearing a short sleeved sweater for that particular reason. I was freeezing. So I got home, changed to one with long sleeves  and went back out. Boy was I suffocating driving back home. It is beautiful out now.
    Just spent about $90 for "a couple of items." You know the deal - you go in with a list with a few items, then you see this and that, and before you know - it all adds up. And that did not include, what I spent at TJ's and Target. I have to say though, I did go to S & S, because I was only planning for a few items. MB is so huge, and I can never find, what I need in there. I could probably have save a $10 bill.
    Now have to start on dinner. DH will pick up son at 5. But with this traffic today, it will probably take them a good hour to come home. Talking about traffic. I never seen Rt. 128 jammed going bumper to bumper at 2 pm. Even 95 was a mess this morning. Oh well, I am home, don't need to go back out. Everyone  the weekend. It is going to be a nice one and the foliage has already start appearing some places. - Pingo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pingo, Amber and I were on a different thread, just fooling around, having some fun - only problem was, the person we were trying to have fun with, apparently doesn't have a sense of humor.  Rather not say any more than that.  

Enjoy your week-end with son.  Will you be taking a foliage drive?  Nothing right around here has started to turn yet.  I have one beautiful tree that is usually the first.  Nothing as yet.

Thawing out a couple of pieces of meatloaf (the one you had to sledge hammer out of the pan).  Organized my freezer part of my fridge a little better today so I have an idea of what's in there.

Hope everyone has a good week-end.  I'll be around if anyone is posting.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, I, too, missed the entire Pear Crisp Thing.  Guess it's history, now...oh, well.

I just put a chicken in to roast with some of our own potatoes.  Sharpening a knife (they are all a ghastly, dull mess) before preparing a few of our onions to go in the mushrooms on the stove to put in pan gravy.  I hope it all comes together; I'm not very practiced in such endeavors.

I don't escape from the grocery store without spending at least $50...usually $100+.  And, that's even with all our produce being free from the back yard.

Maybe something happened on 128?  2:00 to be jammed, even on the Friday before a holiday Monday, is very early!

tt, hope you are feeling better soon so you can enjoy the weekend.

Pingo, have fun with your son!

I'll be around this weekend, but for those who won't be, have a great one.  Stay safe and see you Monday!

~kar

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I'm checking out soon.  I will chat on Tuesday!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I could do that, but the project is supposed to have the child make something.  So there went the shirt idea.  I'm not a sewer so I'll be using a glue gun :).  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, I found the picture of your crisp. I just knew, where to look. I had to laugh my head off.
    That lady might be skinny as a rail, but she definitely doesn't have a fraction of humor. I could have added a few words, but she gets so easily defensive, that I didn't want to get involved.
    Your crisp looks really yummy - did you just make a tiny one for yourself? Never thought of doing that. But why not. - Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Of course I didnt just make a tiny one for myself!  What a waste that would be!  That was just a small dish I dished out.  Used my fluted pie plate and 4 large Cortland apples and 2 good size pears.  It was scrumptious, delicious.  And, it will be gone by the end of the week-end!

Just got a call from divorce proceedings friend's sister.  Grandson who wife took in is under the radar of the local police.  He's nothing but trouble, has been to court several times, and they have their eyes on his every move now.  Dumb grandma just sticks her head in the sand and doesn't know a thing about it - she says.

Meatloaf is warming in the oven, will cook up a few peas to have with.  Dying for tomorrow to be warm enough for me to warm my bones outside.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hello friends!  Finally catching up on the day's happenings. 

I don't have much news to add.  Unfortunately I think I feel a headcold coming on - tickle in my throat, headache, waht seems to be a low-grade fever.  I was supposed to go a reunion of sorts with DH tonight, but think I'll duck out and go to bed early in warm PJs with socks.  I would only know one other person there besides DH, so I won't miss it, or be missed. 

Cute, tt, that the new wee one put in his request for whoopie pies and half-moons.  Didn't realize you make the halfmoons, too.  I love those.

Kar - safe trip to DH.  Lucky you that he'll be home next week.  Have you made any plans yet?  Maybe lunch at your and Gracie's cafe?  For some reason, or maybe no reason at all, lunch seems to be my favortie meal to share with DH.

Winter - have fun with your project.

Amber, I missed you today, but if you are reading on your new phone, have a great weekend and an extra great day off Monday.

Pingo - enjoy your time with DS.  What's on the menu this weekend?

MM, SS, Icer, and all - have a good weekend!

Sections
Shortcuts