October 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: October 2012

Huh? What? Insult? One of your posts must be deleted, Amber - so far I wans't insulted by anything you posted.

In response to ambergirl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pingo, didn't mean to insult you at all!!! I am so sorry if i did...

[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I made a Costco run today after the dr.'s, Pingo.  Saw Peter but he was too busy to look my way.  Everyone and their mother was in there today, parking lot was jumping.

Thought of you the other day when intown son and DIL were here, were talking about their son who won't eat chicken off the bone, wants just the boneless.  They've tried slicing it off and putting it on a plate in fridge, and he always asks, "Is that from a whole Costco chicken?"  Don't know where he thinks the boneless breasts come from!  lol  They , like you, say how good their chickens are.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

My interview is tomorrow at 9 am. Honestly tt, not much hope on this. They keep mentioning my salary even though I told then I am negotiable. Over qualified seems to be the name of the game today..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The fact that they have called you back for a second interview, shows they are definitely interested in hiring you.  Is there much of a gap between what they see as the pay range and what you would accept?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Yes... I am willing to take a pay cut but i am then labled "over qualified'  I am finding this beyond difficult.  I feel you get it,,,,

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just go in there your most positive self.  That's about all that's in your hands.

I'm shutting down the computer for the night now.  Tired and want to watch a couple of reruns of the Big Bang Theory and the Jeff Lewis' Flipping Out.  The show has gone back to its old format this season, so much better.  Good luck tomorrow.  Chat then.  Goodnight.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

We might have met at the pharmacy today, tt. Peter laft a message yesterday, that one of my meds, he didn't have in stock when I refilled it, was in. I meant to swing by there aproximately 11:15, but changed my mind on my way out of my driveway. Thought Costco would mobbed today after the storm, and the parking lot would be a mess. Guess I was right.
    Have you ever tried one of their rotissery chickens? Your son and DIL know a good thing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Hi--Glad to see everyone fared the storm OK.  We lost power for about 2 hours, so we were very lucky--especially seeing what happened in NY,NJ. DS2 had no power for a long time, and lost part of their fence, but not the part they use to keep the dogs (babies)  in, so that can wait. Funny-that seemed to be what I noticed most today--fences down.  I had taken a vacation day yesterday, but my company let everyone go around 1:00, but they said a lot had left before that. Today was a 10:00 delayed opening, but I went in at the regular time--we are in good shape here, and only have a 4 mile commute.

Amber-yes, good for your daughter to finally meet the BF family. They must be close by, if they can still visit you--that is good.  And GOOD LUCK on yur interview!

Don't have much for Halloween here--twizzlers and smarties--nothing that I usually buy. Maybe will pick them up tomorrow-if there are any left!

Cant get over how warm it is--I wore sandals and a short sleeve top to work today, and I am hot in this house. Got to get in bed, with my windows open, and fan on! I am yawning like crazy.

Did not make it to DH two Dr apts yestersday--one rescheduled for next Monday, and still waiting on the other one to be rescheduled. Both offices called 8:30-9:00 to see if we were coming. One said only a couple still wanted to  come. No way was I going in mid late afternoon on the Jamaica Way ....all those trees with the rain and wind!

Good night all!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

AY Re: October 2012

So sorry Pingo, not sure what you are talking about? I know I responded to something ; 0  But whatever : )  Happy to be back either way ; )

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Stresseed out but watching Flipping Out.. So Love this sh0w! I do know there are other CC chatters out there that are awake late night at night,.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

maybe not... lol!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning.  Lost power again for about an hour last nigh.  Ya know, it was actually okay.  After working on the computer all day then running around after work, and DH working so hard lately (and alway) we just sat in the living room and hung out, talked and realaxed.  No computers, tv, phone, anything.  It was nice . . . . for an hour, anything more than that, no thank you, lol.

Good luck today with your interview Amber!

TG will be at my house this year, but not sure about the headcount.  I know there will be a minimum of 7 (Me, DH, MIL, BIL, SIL +2 nephews), but DH's other brother (the one I am not a fan of, lol) can come alone, with his 2 kid (or 1), bring a GF and sometimes even GF's daughter!  I don't mind, I just need a head count so I can plan.  I also don't know if my mom will come to my house to go with my brother.  Whew.

Don't expect too many ToTers tonight.  My neighborhood kids have all grown up!

TT - so funny you mention about not eating chicken on a bone.  DH is the same way!!!  Can you believe it?  He will only eat bonless chicken breasts (they can be any style, buffalo is his favorite, lol).  I love chicken on the bone.  It's nice when I go out w/Mom because she does do so we can order something and split it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

I didn't make it up to watch Flipping Out, Amber, barely made it to 9:00.  I think in the back of my mind I knew I had to be showered and dressed by 7:30 this morning when the guys come to start the stairs.  Woke up on my own at twenty to seven, so I'm all set.

Too bad about rescheduling the dr.'s appts., Tulips.  Lets the anxiety rise.  Better to get them over with, but of course, with a storm like we had, you'd have been foolish to go out in it.

We wouldn't have met at "Peter's" (as I like to think of it! lol) Pingo.  My dr.'s appt. was at that time, so it wasn't til closer to 12:15 that I swung up there.

Woke up starving this morning, think I'll make some hot oatmeal.  That always sticks to your ribs as my mother used to say.  When I got Cheerio's breakfast ready, I put Harry's out on the counter, even tho he isn't out there yet.  Came out from getting dressed, and BOTH breakfasts were gone!  She's such a p i g if you let her.  She'd gobble everything in sight.  When I had Charlie, remember Charlie the bad boy?  Well, when I had  him, I used to have to feed him in a high place that she couldn't jump up to, or she'd have nudged him right out of the way and eaten his too.

Watching the devastation in N.J. is heart wrenching.  I know NY got hit hard too with the the flooding, but the picture of NJ really make me realize just how lucky we are here.

I'll catch you all later - sleepyheads!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Happy Halloween friends!  I hope all of you are well. 

Amber - good luck with your interview!! (I've only read through the last two pages, so far)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Amber, I know you are at your interview, but good luck. tt, hope they work starts well on your stairs. I forgot to mention that a section of out fence broke and fell during the storm. We will be putting a new vinyl fence up in the spring and there is a chain link there that was behind the stockade one. Just had a coffee and a piece of banana bread. 

tt, I find the stories of the nurses carring the NICU babies down the dark stairs pumping oxygen into their lungs to be the worse that I've heard from the storm. Such horrible pictures coming out of NY and NJ.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

oh tt. I'll rake and bag your leaves for whoopie pies. :) 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Happy Halloween!

nov, good to see you - how's the lo, and are you doing a costume this year?  

Tulips, I posted directly to you the other day; hoping you saw it.

my walking friend will be here in 15 minutes, and I'm not dressed!  Gotta hurry.

chat later, have a great morning, everyone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Little Miss is doing great, and growing SOOOO fast!!  She's starting to roll from side to side on her back, can flip from her tummy to her back, and is reaching for and holding onto her toys.  She loves sitting up in her Bumbo and jumperoo where she can watch everything going on around her.  It is just amazing to watch her take everything in.  She also giggles now, which is just the best sound to hear!  Can you tell I am completely in love with her?

She's dressing up as a flower, and her "backup" outfit is orange and black striped tights with a little black tulle skirt and black t-shirt.  Too bad they don't make tiny witch hats...

AFM, I'm settled back in at work, and we all have our new routines pretty much in place.  Puppy is getting used to all of her stuff being around and is really good about "leaving" her toys, blankets, etc.  (Thank goodness we trained him to have a good "leave it"!)  I think he'll be more interested in her when she starts eating and dropping food everywhere, but he does perk his ears and look at us as if to say "hey, baby's crying" when she fusses.  Its pretty cute.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Amber your are in the middle of your interview right now, and I am crossing my fingers and toes like crazy. Hope you come out from there smiling from ear to ear.
    I was also very touched by the evacuation of the hospital in NJ. Imagine all those firefighters, doctors, nurses and volunteers carrying 240 patients 15 floors down on stretchers? They are my heroes in this storm.
    So, are your old stairs gone, tt? How will you get in and out of your house now? Make sure the contractor attach a rope to the roof for you. LOL
    Have a nice walk, Kar. Must be nice to have company besides Gracie.
    Sorry your waiting time got extended, Tulips. But driving into Boston in that weather, would not have been very smart. How is DH feeling?
    Not much excitement around here today. Just the usual.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Novem, glad to her your lo is starting to get her personality. Puppy sounds like he's doing very well with the transition as well. DS' first halloween he was an elephant, he was just shy of 7 weeks old. Tonight? He's dressing up as Michael Myers from Halloween. No more little boy costumes I guess.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Happy Halloween all!!   Got my fingers crossed Amber!!  Glad your daughter and her BF will shae TG with both of her families....should be nice for all!!  I always made sure my DDs knew that if they were invited to their inlaws, to go......I knew they loved me and I was willing to share, some parents are unsure of their children and become very demanding and not realizing that that is what drives them away...       tt...have you checked your mailbox??  I usually get mail every day, but not yesterday......Take care all and Keep Smiling.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You forget - it's Halloween - and I have my broom !!!

"So, are your old stairs gone, tt? How will you get in and out of your house now? "

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Well tt, a broom will only work if your are a witch. And you are definitely not one - so don't even try that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Stairs are half hammered out - they were in there to stay!  Not as easy a removal as they or I thought.

Got a cute pic from my little pumpkin's mom this morning, him sitting at the table and chairs I bought for her when she was his age!  Asked if I was accepting trick or treaters tonight, so it sounds as tho I might have a little knock at my back door!

Had frozen gingerbread dough left over from his party, and made up ghosts, cats, and a couple of running gingerbread men this morning, sprinkled mightily with yellow and orange springles.  Good thinking on my part, because there are just enough to share with younger son, and pumpkin's family.  He might just be old enough to try one of Nana's gingerbread.

Novem, have fun with your little one tonight.  Too young to know what it's all about, but being a girl she'll love getting dressed up anyway!

I'll have to watch for my mailman today, seeing as mail is usually slipped though my mailslot.  Don't want to miss any cards I might get, SS (lol).

This is the street for remodeling, I guess, house on corner, me, and now my next door neighbor has a man there.  I think I heard him say something about "water" tho.  His may be a real problem and not just an pretty upgrade.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, make sure you take a picture of pumpkin, when he comes. Bet he will be dressed up as a pumpkin. You can always post it later, when we are allowed to do that again.
    I think Halloween is a big thing this year. I have never seen so many cute custumes for the kids. When our boys were young, I had to make their costumes, or dress them up in whatever we had.

Sections
Shortcuts