October 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

October 2012

Good morning and welcome October!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: October 2012

Good morning,
    Don't know what happened, but my post suddenly posted. Any way, welcome October. It sounds like everyone had a good weekend.
    Never been to an Octoberfest. It is a huge thing in San Antonio, that have a large German population. We have been invited several times to come and join in the festivities. But it is kind of a long trip to have a beer, besides DH and I are not beer drinkers. Glad you had a good time, Kar.
    Looks like your lasagna party (or should I say parties) went well, tt. Funny the dishes came out differently. But I guess, it depends on the layers, the time in the oven etc. Many factor are at play here. Looks like you have a budding artist in your family.
    Glad you are having fun in Vegas, Icer. I can't imagine there are no coffee around in the morning hours. You could probably get it room service. Good you found a place, that served it. Hope you will be coming home in a Brink truck.
    Our card game afternoon went well. It was fun. DH and I lost maybe $10 all together. Pizza was a great idea, and was well accepted. Only problem we had was, that we had to call Prince the day before and ask them if they could make a tomato sauce w/o onion and garlic for us for one pizza. My BIL does not eat it. They were happy to comply. The Wovie cupcakes went over well. I just e-mailed the recipe to the ones, who asked for it. Sat. night I found out, we would have a birthday boy in out party. So I quickly put together a bundt cake and soaked it with a mixture of orange juice and rum. It ws a big surprise; he had no idea, we knew. So my banana bread is still in the freezer.
    Laying low today - have a good one!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Happy October!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hello everyone. I've been so busy today and away from my desk for most of the day. Sounds like everyone had a lovely weekend. I didn't do much, DS had a soccer game and scored two goals. Yesterday I made a banana bread. Looks like I'll be headed out soon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I had a busy day too, and I have one tomroow.  Just as you look at the calendar and think "O this week won't be as busy as the last one the phone rings and all of a sudden the calendar is lookig more and more busy.  Of course I just signed up for an all day course the weekend after next and promised someone she could ride with me to two in November so I am nwo totally out of free time. 

This darn program keeps losing focus and I have to reposistion the cursor multiple times.  And there's no type-ahead buffer either.  Piece of junque.... Wonder if you are having trouble too TT so rare not to hear from you, no, I tell a lie it's not this junk it's the virus software, must be a bad virus going around for them to update at this hour....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Hello  Chatters...Well...Honey won 5 big ones ...yup...500 pennies.....hehe... I am exhausted....and we haven't even done hardly anything yet...I had a major coffee issue this a.m...the place that was open on Sunday was not open this a.m....so they direct you to another spot...I got there..ordered my coffee and paid...at that moment they informed me they were out of cream...half and half...creamers and sugar...I feel they should have told me this before taking my $....Thats is liike going to a steak restaurant w/o cutlery...isn't it?

You don't even want to get me started on the lack of thought here...We are going to a convention...a Wedding convention that cost a buck or two...so today we go to the Convention Center to make sure I know how to navigate...if you've never been to Vegas...I describe it like a small intestine..you know you only have to go right there...but they(the powers at be) make you go all over hither and yawn.  So everyone talks about this great bus system...They are like those double deckers they have in England...7 bucks an you can ride all day. The only thing is it doesn't go down to the Convention Center...I was a little worried too because at 11...there are unfortunate homeless folks sleeping here an there and its hot ...Soo I ask the cnvention folks..."Gee don't you have any transportation blah blah..." Theyy hand me this same sschedule then the receptionist says"Well, if you don't wwant to take the Deuce(the bus) you can always take the monorail"...she points to the window just out of eye shot....Really????that is your second answer??? I could go on...but I won't...Oh ya...and Obama and Romney are here for the debate...My consierge is saying its a legistical nightmare...no one can fly oover certain areas aand they have convventioneers that have booked and paid for helicopter rides over the Grand Canyon ect...

Interesting stuff...will chat later

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

NO CREAM? If you did not throw the coffee at them you are a model of patience.  I'd have thrown a hissy fit and demanded my money back.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I threw the fit..saved the receipt but haven't yet asked for $ back...I have already been approached and asked to critique the hotel....mwah haha

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Well, you should ask for the money back!  Just brewing my three cups of the life-giving fluid....going out for coffee later today but need the coffee to be able to get dressed and go out...not much fun coming up on the calendar so must steel myself to work without prospect of reward.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Icer, what a time you're having.  I'm so surprised to hear of the louzy transportation set up there.  Doesn't make people want to hurry back again.

Hats, I'm around, just seems as tho this week is so busy.  Three birthdays coming up this week-end, plus dr. appt. and going to G.T.'s thursday night for trip to P'town Friday, bank running around I had to do yesterday to get the ball rolling for these repairs, dryer problems and repair appt. for that set up for this afternoon, and me still looking for that elusive perfect little toy for pumpkin (doing that this morning again).  In there somewhere has to be gingerbread boys baked and decorated, and tollhouse cookies for GS's b'day on Friday, for which I won't be here -  Plus, it seems I do sit down and it ends up being one of those long monologues and then noone posts after me for hours.  I know they're probably too long for some to want to even bother reading, just scan, but I get tired of always popping in each day with no responses.  Hate to coin a phrase, but "it sure ain't like the old days".  Makes me think I'm posting too much, boring stuff (it's what's going on in my life, folks) and I decide to cut back.

Anyway, I have 3, possibly 4 errands that have to be run as soon as stores open this morning, so I'll be back in time for the dryer repair guy at 1:00.  It is nice to see you posting more, btw, Hats.  Hope you all have a good day.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT, I enjoy reading all your posts.  With me it's hit or miss depending on how busy I am and how much time I spend chained to this computer. 

Ironically, the busier I am with work type stuff, the more I post because I have no time to go out, to shop, to cook, etc - the things that take me away from the computer.

So here's an unscientific poll. Chime in everyone on whether you want TT to post a lot or not.

TT, I think you should look for one of those Fisher Price vacuum cleaners for Pumpkin - the one you push along and it has the stuff in the dome that goes around.  I think they still make them and they were a favorite of DD and my siblings for that matter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT, I enjoy reading all your posts.  With me it's hit or miss depending on how busy I am and how much time I spend chained to this computer. 

Ironically, the busier I am with work type stuff, the more I post because I have no time to go out, to shop, to cook, etc - the things that take me away from the computer.

So here's an unscientific poll. Chime in everyone on whether you want TT to post a lot or not.

TT, I think you should look for one of those Fisher Price vacuum cleaners for Pumpkin - the one you push along and it has the stuff in the dome that goes around.  I think they still make them and they were a favorite of DD and my siblings for that matter.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, you're setting me up there, Hats, what if there are no responses?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Icer, it seems like the powers that be do NOT want you to enjoy your morning cuppa on vaca!  Your description of Vegas being like a small intestine totally cracked me up, I totally know what you mean; they try to trick you into getting lost and spending more along the way.  And, notice there are no clocks anywhere, everything is lit with fake but natural looking light, ceilings look like the sky...they are clever in how they inspire continuous spending.  Too bad you are not satisfied wiht the service at the hotel.  I'd definitely be vocal about it (and have needed to be at The Paris where a very pleasant manager took care of things).

busy day today...the last tomato sauce canning production of the year with toms that have been ripening in the garage.  Not sure how many are actually good eats, but will make what I can.  Will be steaming the boatload of broccoli dh picked a couple of days ago and steam a butternut for dinner.  Dh actually asked for chicken to go with...he usually doesn't care if we have any meat at all and never makes a request.  Funny how we get cravings now and again for no apparent reason.  

Dh will be away on another business trip Wednesday - Friday then continuing to his folks' for Columbus Day weekend - I can't join him because our kennel is closed for the month of October.  I'm actually relieved to not have to deal with BIL.  Yes, he's that bad...actually evil comes to mind, and I don't use that word casually.  Anyway, Gracie and I will hold down the fort and enjoy down time, sleeping in and not worrying about "what's for dinner."  I might go see the trips mom If there's a day I can leave Gracie...not sure.

Oh, forgot to mention that while I was with SIL last weekend, dh built a lovely set of shelves in the basement for all the butternut and little sugar pumpkins so they are off the floor and won't be as prone to rot.  I think I might be technically able to post a photo...if so, will post one of those and the canning cabinet.

gotta get the toms started...  Have a great day, everyone!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tt must post prolifically!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I can't tell you how much I don't want to can these stupid tomatoes today...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

tt, of course you MUST post, everything you post is so entertaining.....wish we lived closer I have a Chatter Phone and a Push toy with balls in it, both from Fisher Price that Pumpkin could have, think they were put aside because of the noise they make, tried to get GD to take them home, but no way...   So glad your dinners went well, know you will have a terrific time at PTown, I've never been there.

Icer:  Vegas!!  Hope you and hubby come home with a huge bundle!!  No coffee!!  Thats  a cardinal sin, thats the 1st thing I head for in the AM, even set my pot up the night befre so all I have to do is push the button, when Ive finished my morning visit the coffee  is ready....

Take care all and keep smiing,ss 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Getting ready to go out, and so funny, SS, my son, pumpkin's grampa, just called.  I told him I was on my way out to get him a noisey toy!  He laughed, they got him one of those cars with the handles in back that you push them around outside in, and a foot and a half long police car that has all the "bells and whistles"!  Said it will drive pumpkin's mother crazy!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. tt, I love your posts, and I've caught up reading about everyone's weekend. We just get a car when we go to Vegas, easier then the dreaded bus system.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    tt, are you having a bad morning? Your posts are always interesting. No, you don't post too much. When you are not here, we all worry. Chatters do read the posts, but do not always answer. That doen't mean, they don't care.
    Kar, this must be the last of your tomato canning. It would be really interesting to make a taste comparison. Basement riped vs riped on the vine. Somehow I already know, who wins. With all the no-canning, what are you going to do with yourself all winter? LOL
    Icer, your description of the transportation system in Vegas cracks me up. That's why, when we go there, we stay at one place and only visit places, we can reach by foot.
    Winter, congrats on your DS two goals. He must be the star of the team. Not a bad thing to be the oldest after all.
    A dull week is in sight. No immediate plans for anything. Actually for the next couple of weeks. But I am sure, something will come up. Even I am contemplating on inviting a few couple for dinner this Saturday. Last moment I know, but sometimes those plans work out better.
    Off to work. Haven't been at my office since last Wednesday. I don't even want to think of what is waiting for me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Maybe I missed it but where are you staying that you can't get coffee?

I have been to Vegas several times and had no issues getting any kind of beverage at all hours:)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, how right you are; garbage in, garbage out for the tomato sauce.  I can't even motivate myself to start them.  if it were just me, I'd dump them all in the trash; they aren't fit to spend so much energy on.  But, dh thinks they'll be great and would be horrified if I "wasted" them...so, I better get crackin'.

ive been wondering the same thing about the coffee problem...can't imagine where Icer is staying that coffee isn't readily available 24/7.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I have had the coffee problem here beforre....it seems like the shut everything down at 5 Vegas time...they clean out all the machines...this a.m. was much better but I muust ay...it is really sparcely populated today comparred to the weekend....Off to the conveention I go!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Talk about sparcely populated - I ran to Toys R Us for toy, and then figured I'd get the fixings to make a pot of chicken soup in case G.T. wants to kill a little time to let the traffic get ahead of us on 128 Thursday night.  I'll bet there were at the most, 12 people in Shaw's.  Their meat selection is terrible.  Finally ended up with boneless, skinless, Perdue breasts.  Swung up to Brooksby and got a peck or maybe more, of Macoun Falls $15.00 Had to have a gentleman carry it to the counter for me and from there a girl to the car.  (No worry when I got home, they had spilled and rolled all over the trunk with the other groceries, luckily some extra bags there and I divied them up so I could get them in the house.  Lots of apple crisps and homemade applesauce coming my way!

For toy, since I wanted to keep it around $10, got a duplicate of the puppy I have here, only this one still barks - over the years, mine has lost the "woof woof".

Had a call before I went out, equity loan approved, just have to do a drive by, and money should be ready to go next week.  That's a weight off my shoulders, now just to make a final decision who to go with.  Older son feels I should toss in the extra $1,000 and have local company do it, since they have been in town for years and aren't about to leave me in the lurch with any problem that might arise.  Will chat with 2 other boys at party Sat and see what they think.

Oh, so cute, just saw a couple pushing their son in one of those cars that the kids sit in and you push with a long handle.  So cute.  He's turning the wheel away as he rides.  "What a big boy", if I were his mother, I'd be saying.

Hats, have another book I want to tell you about, but will have to do it later.  Want to get cellar lights on, litter box scooped, and my lunch before repair guy shows up.

ETA:  Just looked, it's half a bushel of apples.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Tt, I read and enjoy your posts!!!

Sections
Shortcuts