October 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Re: October 2012

Awww - I wish I could see the pic of pumkin!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Called and talked with his Mom, she's loving her new job.  Sets her own schedule according to when her appts. with clients/patients are.  Is starting to work with children now, as well as families, and that's what she trained for and where her interest lies.  So happy for her.  Biggest bonus is that she has more awake time with the baby.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to shakersilly2010's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good morning everyone....all this talk about beets reminds me of my old girlfriend (long gone now) but I think of her every time we eat beets, which I love btw, she used to make beet sandwiches, buttered bread and sliced beets, hot or cold, she didn't care. ss

[/QUOTE]

Beetroot sandwiches - very British!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

from Dreamer's Dictionary - 

"birds are generally considered a most fortunate dream omen, especially so if they are brightly colored, singing and/or flying."

and the color blue -

"blue indicates liberation from worry and/or help from outside sources"

however, the color yellow (antifreeze containers) -

"yellow forecasts setbacks and struggles before improvement can be achieved."

So, according to my very vivid dream last night, it's a mixed bag ahead for me!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Wish I could see that picture of pumpkin. tt, what apple sauce muffin is it on allrecipe? I thought I printed it but I guess not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I had copied it to one of my recipe cards - went back into AllRecipes and cannot find it - sorry, don't think I can reprint it, can I?  Noted on my card it came from AllRecipes, but not the name of person who submitted them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

rats...I really wanted to make those muffins.  I have to head out I'll talk with you all tomorrow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Got an e-mail from a friend. Let's go out for dinner Sunday w/ friend and Alzheimer friend. Shot an e-mail back. Let's not go out, why don't you all come here, and I will make a simple dinner for us all.
    Got e-mail back from Alzheimer's wife, "Thanks for your offer, but we cannot accept your invitation. XX is spilling food all over the table and the floor, and I cannot let one of my friends deal with that".
    Returned e-mail, "I don't mind. A table cloth can go in the washer and a vac can take care of the floor - please do come".
    Final e-mail, "Will meet you at such and such restaurant at such and such time."
    I feel so sick in my heart. We had so much fun with these friends over 40 plus years. Now it has come to this. They can't even visit our home. What a burden to bear for our friend.
    I honestly wouldn't mnd if my home would be a mess after they left, but I have to respect my friend. I feel heart sick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It is sad, Pingo, but as you say you have to respect your friend's wishes - she evidently is more comfortable taking her husband into a restaurant, and dealing with it there.  At least he is still able to do that, my friend's husband got so he could only go to Saturday breakfast at a regular eating place they had gone to for years, and then suddenly could not even handle that.  Kept wanting to get up and leave, didn't recognize where he was or waitress who had waited on them for years.  It's a terrible condition.  Good she has friends like you and DH that she feels comfortable enough to still get together with.  Says a lot for your friendship.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks tt for your comforting words. I am crying and feeling angry at the same time. It just doesn't seem fair. We are also going to a place, he knows. One we have visited many times with them. This disease is so heartless.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, writing you tonight because it is driving me nuts that I cannot find that recipe on AllRecipes.  Went into my profile there and found the review I had written on 2/26/12, it was for "Mother's Applesauce Muffins".  I mention halving the recipe, and also adding the chopped nut topping.  When I click on the title it brings me to a completely different muffin recipe.  They are doing over their website and they are having almost as many difficulties with people moving around freely as BDC.  Since I halved it and added a different topping, I feel free to post it for you - not tonight, I have kitchen work to do - but will post it tomorrow if you still want it.  At least I know I'm not going nuts, my review is there, along with a pic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I have that Applesauce Muffin recipe right here. It is from Allrecipes.com. Submitted by: Peggy Burdick and Photo by: sweet cook.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to pingo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have that Applesauce Muffin recipe right here. It is from Allrecipes.com. Submitted by: Peggy Burdick and Photo by: sweet cook.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but when you go into AllRecipes and search for it, you can't pull it up - can you?  I can't.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

No, I can't pull it up. But on way bottom it is w/ your picture. It has all the same ingredients, but the recipe itself looks different from the one I have printed.

http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Mother_s-Applesauce-Muffins-Allrecipes

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to pingo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No, I can't pull it up. But on way bottom it is w/ your picture. It has all the same ingredients, but the recipe itself looks different from the one I have printed.

http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Mother_s-Applesauce-Muffins-Allrecipes

[/QUOTE]

That's great, Winter can click on that and pull it up without me having to retype the whole thing.  If it doesn't include the topping I put on, it's just a mixture of sugar/cinnamon/chopped nuts.  Thanks, Pingo.

ETA:  I halved the original recipe, Winter.  Haven't gone into this site, so don't know if this one lists amounts for 24 or 12 - 12 were plenty for me.  If you need the amounts I used, I'll gladly post them.  This was my review:

• Absolutely delicious! I halved the recipe and the only change I made was the addition of a mixture of sugar, cinnamon, and chopped nuts sprinkled on the tops. Baked for 20 minutes. Definitely a "keeper".
    • Rate/Review
    • Feb 26, 2012

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

So sorry abput ypur friend Pingo..life is cruel sometimes

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, I'm tearing up for your friend and where things are.  You are the best friend.  This video is so important for you to see and share that I'll risk unwanted chiming in by posting the link.  (I wish we could communicate outside of bdc or privately therein.)

http://www.cbn.com/media/player/index.aspx?s=/mp4/LJO190v1_WS

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

that last portion is LJO190v1_WS

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Hey, Pingo, I am sure that your wilingness means almost as much to your friend as the actual coming to the house would.   It's as if the person has died and the shell remains, very sad. 

But it's a sunny day!  I am glad about that.  It's going to be a busy one for me.  Yesterday's rain was so depressing I did only the grocery shopping....today I have a little party to go to!  Hope you will all have someting nice happen today.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. I can't pull up the link for the recipe, but I'll try again later. Pingo, I feel for you and your friend. It's such a terrible disease. I have a friend that works with these patients, my heart goes out to them and their families. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

OK, the page Pingo posted gives me the ingrdigents, but it doesn't give me the preparations. Maybe someone could post those? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:
    [QUOTE]

OK, the page Pingo posted gives me the ingrdigents, but it doesn't give me the preparations. Maybe someone could post those? 

[/QUOTE]

Cream margarine and sugar.  Beat in egg, applesauce and vanilla.  Add dry ingredients and stir just until blended.  Fold in raisins.  Fill paper cups 3/4's full.  If you want the topping:  In a little bowl mix some sugar, cinnamon and chopped nuts.  Sprinkle mixture on top before baking.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.  Cool in pan 10" then move to cooling rack.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks tt. How do you think this would work as a bread? I'm pretty tempted to try it. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I don't know why it wouldn't be fine as a bread - most bread recipes you can make into muffins, so - - -

I never was a big muffin person, but found these were so handy to grab one out of the freezer (quick thawing) when they were wanted.  If you're thinking of them for the school cake bake, I would do a home demo first.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    So the heat is on. This is early for us, but 64 in the house was just too unbearable yesterday. Now today with the sun out, we will not need it, but the thermostat is set and this is where it is going to stay for the rest of the winter.
    Realy strange w/ that apple sauce recipe. I didn't realize yesterday, the preps were not there. But if you read the bottom line, Winter - it says, "Read full directions on Allrecipes". When you click on that, this is what you get:
    http://www.yummly.com/recipe/external/Mother_s-Applesauce-Muffins-Allrecipes
    but the recipe shows a Cranberry /Applesauce recipe. And they have cut the recipe in half for 12 muffins.
    I am sure it will be good as a bread. Just adjust the time in the oven. There is not much that can go wrong with these muffin recipes.
    Thank you ladies for your kind words in regard to our friend. It just seems it has gone so fast. His wife is so strong. Never complains. Will check that video later, Kar.
    Will be at the office today. You al have a good day - enjoy the sun rays, while we have them - Pingo

Sections
Shortcuts