October 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: October 2012

Winter, if you cook the apples with their skins on, the applesauce takes the color from the skins, and when you put it through the food mill, the skins of course, stay out, and the applesauce is pink.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re-reading posts - Hats, I was not referencing you as "the information lady".  Hope that's clear, I was talking about the recipient of your poem that BDC saw fit to delete.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, Kargiver at least she kept it on the Health Thread and didn't post on ours - 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

S L O W   D A Y    O  N    T H E    B O A R D S    T O D A Y

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

G.T.'s good deed -  I'm thinking ( and told him,) not many would have gone through all that.

"We were over a friend's on Sunday and out from the woods came a skunk with his head stuck in a plastic bottle. He was obviously not able to see where he was going.  I chased him through a couple of neighbors yards with a rake and managed to hold the bottle between the rake and the ground so that he could pull his head out.  Never sprayed, just walked away.  Since it was daytime, he must have had that stuck on his head for hours!

My good deed." 

I have done this...well..our skunk had its head stuck in a yoplait yogurt container..We wrapped our skunk in a blanket that was buried and never used again...You know...I have not been able to eat that brand of yogurt ever since

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

re: skunks' heads being stuck in plastic bottles and in yoplait yogurt containers....

WHAT are we humans doing to our environment????  When I ate yoplait yogurt, I used to cut the containers because this was a real concern because yogurt left in them was sweet and skunks and other wildlife would try to reach it.  So I would cut slices on two sides before putting in recycling.  Now I should be concerned about plastic bottles....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Cold this morning. What's everyone's weekend plans? DS has a soccer game tomorrow afternoon and practice on Sunday. He had a meltdown about not wanting braces last night. Poor thing, but I explained it will save him from needing dental work when he's older beucase his jaw is not alligned. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Once he gets them on and gets past the initial "showing" at school, he'll see that the kids will forget all about them, and it will be easier.  He's at a hard age now, as it is, so important to fit in with the others.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning,

yeah, tt, I saw that...at least no big brouhaha here ruining the day's chat.

winter, the meltdown was inevitable - braces suck, and he'd be an odd kid to not resist the idea!  But, like tt said, I had braces and it will matter very little after the first month.

my good friend who lives nearby will be here in an hour for our four mile walk.  I wish Gracie could understand "in an hour" so she could look forward to our walk, but, alas.

I'm still glowing from the calls from my friends telling me all about how well received the food was and how much fun they all had for having so much done ahead of the visit.  Planning to lunch with the dad next week if...

...dh finds his car keys before then.  he's driving my car to work, again, this morning having misplaced them.  I wonder if they are locked inside; they certainly don't appear to be in the house.

ugh, looks like our walk will be rainy.  Oh, well.

have a great day, everyone

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh I figured the meltdown was coming. Funny, a student came in yesterday and said she needed braces and that the doctor had told her a classmate of her's was going to be getting them. She's getting her before him. I told him it would probably take a couple of weeks to feel ok with them. Eight weeks later he will need the bottom set and the rubberbands to help with his jaw. 

This is why we each have a key to each other's car. Do you have AAA, they could open the door for you. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We have AAA, but then what?  No key...unless it's in there.  Yup, we should have spares, but they are expensive.

That's good he has a classmate going first. :)  he's honestly going to find that no one cares if he gets braces, lol.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

There are two other girls in his class that have them. He will be the first boy, however. 

At least if the car is opened and you discover no key, you can then have one made.  When we got our cars it came with two keys. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

His probably did, too, lol.

got to get ready for friend's walk...big surprise, I've procrastinated.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Trash is out, toast is toasting.  Nice refreshing day outside.  Too nice to stay in - -

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Such a cold morning. With the help of DH I got all my deck plants (sans the Mums) inside. They are expecting frost tonight. Still see tomatoes in my patch down there, but I lost interest. They all will have to be pulled up. Don't know, what I will plant next year. That virus/fungus ruined my interest in gardening. I am googeling like crazy to see, what I can do.
    Winter, my boys did not need braces and I feel blessed, that I didn't have to go though, what you are going through right now. However, after a few weeks, it will be an "old" thing.  Your son is in such a tender stage of his life right now, and it is normal, that he refuses whatever. So great that your ex is supporting you in this. Best to you my dear friend.
    Kar, so sorry about your DH's lost car keys. It really sucks for you. We do have the two sets, the dealer gave us. I carry my DH's with me in my pocket book at all times. Mostly b/c I also have another key attached, that will let me enter my home. So far I only needed it one time, but it was a God send at the time. Yes, AAA will open your car, and your dealer will be able to make you a new key. Actually ask for two this time. LOL
    Will be leaving for work shortly. This week seemed so long for some reason. I kept thinking this was Saturday today. Not that it would matter much - I would probably still be working.
    Have a good day all - Pingo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, I hope you won't lose hope in the garden - those things are common!  If you can describe the problem, maybe we can offer a remedy...and by "we" I mean my dh and the other gardeners represented here, not me, per se, lol.  I'm clueless.

yeah, I'm calling aaa now...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Rain hit the windshield as soon as I closed the car door - I didn't care.  Yesterday I saw those carts with boxes waiting to be loaded on Marshall's shelves, and I was on a mission today!  Got quite a few basket stuffers, a toy for pumpkin, but the hoodie I was hoping to pick up for one of the teenagers, didn't come in the size her mother said she wears - just as well I didn't pick it up when I saw it yesterday.

No visits today, GD is off today with her new work schedule.  I have fun filling her basket each year, it's just about done already.  The others should be so easy.

Think it's a soup lunch day, not my stew, but maybe a can of Campbell's tomato.

Hope you get your key situation straightened out, Kargiver.  I always carry a spare car and  house key with me - just in case.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I twisted my bad knee getting up from a chair, and I am in agony now. Have been icing it. It does help, but it still hurts a lot. Took a couple of Aleve, and the pain has lessened somewhat. What a thing to happen, just before the weekend. Not that I by any means had planed to go hiking or joining the DWTS, but it kind of limits me.
    Sounds like you had a good day poking, tt. Whenever I go to Marshall's, I either leave with a full cart or a completely empty one. I think those stores (Marshall, TJMaxx ets) one has to visit regularely in order to find treasures. They are such a hit or miss.
    Hope you find DH's keys, Kar. They are probably right under his nose. If not, the book that came with the car should have your key information, and the dealer can make a new for you pronto.
    Both DH and I lost a pair of glasses this past week. Has happened to DH before, but this is a first for me. Just hate to spend money on something so silly. I know, as soon as I get a new pair, the old one will show up. So right now, I am making due with some older pair I had, hoping the newer ones will show up on their own.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Too bad about your glasses, Pingo, gl finding them before you buy replacements.

AAA came and opened the car, but no key inside. :(  thanks for everyone's pulling for our finding them!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, and sorryabout your knee, Pingo!  Hope it feels much better tomorrow.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sorry your keys weren't there, but now you have the car information to get a new one made. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pingo, sorry for your twisted knee.  I know the feeling - and the frustration after I've done something like that.  I try to move slowly now and think before I - get up, step down, go up or down stairs, turn - -  don't always succeed, but I am a lot more careful now.  Ice and ibuprofen for the inflammation will help.  You may find a night's rest will help it too.  Do you have one of those Ace bandages?  That will give you some support when you have to move around during the day.

Sun is out again, such a funny day.  Yes, you're right  about Marshall's.  you either hit it on a day when you find lots of the types of things you're looking for, or find nothing.  I noticed even their prices have taken a rise.  Picked up a nice covered container, soft plastic, but by the time I was at checkout, had put it aside, really $4 in there for this tupperware like container was too much.  $2.98 I'd have been happy and felt as tho I had found a bargain.  Sorted out some of the bags of thngs I've been picking up, and put them into individual bags for the Christmas baskets - when I get them.  Some are easy to buy for, others not so.

Baked potato and meatloaf for supper tonight.  Had planned to make some applesauce muffins, but just didn't have the ambition this afternoon.  Need a rainy day to get me going.

Sorry you still have the "key" mystery, Kargiver.  Try looking on top of pieces of furniture, such as a hutch, somewhere where he might have had them in his hand when he came in, and just laid them down.  I'm sure you've already checked all his recently worn jacket pockets.  What did he bring home - lumber?  - maybe slid out of his pocket out in the garden when he was picking the veggies for you?

Pingo, I constantly at least once a day "lose" my glasses.  The frame is so light that if I lay them down on the sofa, I can't see them until I practically sit on them, or run my hand over the cushions.  Sometimes they're on top of the clothes hamper in the hall, sometimes I neatly fold them and put them on the windowsill in the bathroom - they're apt to show up most anywhere.  I too, keep an old pair on the cupboard in the kitchen, near the phone.  Have had to rely on them many times.  Also keep one of those cheapo pairs from State Job Lots in my pocketbook for emergencies.  We just have too many things going on in our minds all at once.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Pingo - rest, ice.  At least the weekend means you can rest except for dinner out. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, so sorry about your knee. I agree with hats, meals out for the weekend. I'm about to head out have a great night and weekend everyone. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Sorry about your knee Pingo

Sections
Shortcuts