October 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: October 2012

What a busy afternoon. Just looked at the time and discovered it was 4:00. I'll be heading out in a half hour. I like when the day flies by. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We have a few stink bugs, too, Pingo, but these things are just like ladybugs just orange instead of red, cute little beetles when they aren't swarming your house.  They seem to have given up and flown off...weird.  things seem to be under control...I hope that's it.  Called dh and he said there's not much we can do other than spray the house like your DS did, but it looks like the seige is over.

winter, I didn't have many days at work that flew by, but I sure loved it when it happened!  Have a good night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Breakfast of bacon, an applesauce muffin, and hot, hot coffee.  Ready to start the day, and that includes running errands I didn't get to yesterday.

Couple of things set up for the rest of the week, but have penciled in "cranraisin scones" on Thursday for GS.  With all that's been going on the past couple of weeks, he felt "forgotten"!  Can't have that.

Hope you all have a good day.

P.S.  Lunch, if I'm home for it, will be a spinach salad with sliced strawberries, celery, chopped nuts with a rasp. vinaigrette dressing.   Sounds good already.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. tt, I'd like a muffin please, I wanted to make them this weekend, but time went flying by. I'll have to make the cookies for the bazaar Wednesday or Thursday night. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good morning everyone. tt, I'd like a muffin please, I wanted to make them this weekend, but time went flying by. I'll have to make the cookies for the bazaar Wednesday or Thursday night. 

[/QUOTE]

I found I got 14 muffins, rather than just 12.  They're in the freezer, but thaw quickly.   Good luck with your cookie bake.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning,

tt, mmmmmm, what a nice Fall breakfast.  GS feeling forgotten?  I think he's playing you for more goodies, lol. ;)

speaking of goodies, I'll be in the kitchen today when I'm not out with Gracie in this gorgeous, sunny day.  Will be picking beets, carrots, and peppers then cooking a cabbage with turkey sausage for dinner.  Not sure what's for lunch yet.  Spinach salad sounds elegant, tt.

No beetles so far today inside or on the house.  What the heck was up with that?

Winter, is DS settling in with the idea of braces?  January, right?  

Wishing the debates would start at 8.  We've been going to bed early these days, and an end time of 10:30 is too late for us.  Well DVR it, but then we'll have to avoid the post-debate chatter 'til we see the end.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Last time I made it the muffins the way it was written and got 24 muffins. Brought some to work and everybody loved them.

Kar, he doesn't want to wait and keeps saying can't I have them now? I explained that Januaray is right around the corner. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

I agree Kar, that the debate is on too late!  We go to bed early as well.  I leave for work at 5:45, so I rarely see 9pm!  Although I'm sure we'll DVR it, we won't be able to avoid the post-mortum assessments.  Honestly, I'll be so happy with this election is over.  I am so sick of the adds, the phone calls, etc.!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My phone rings from 5:00 on and comes up "blocked" - I don't pick up, but it's annoying as h*ll, especially if I'm in another room and can't see the ID until I get into the kitchen.  They don't seem to realize they turn more people off than on with these nuisance calls.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I feel 9 is too late too

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I thought we were the only ones who thought 9 was late, lol!  Guess we're in good company.  We, too, are sick of the ads and blah, blah, blah.  Who could be undecided at this point unless they are just starting to pay any attention to anything going on, emerging from a cave with three weeks to go?  Frankly, I could happily miss the debate, but dh wants to watch and I'd like to be able to talk with him about it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, sounds like he's totally on board, that's great!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Looks like the Chat has been busy this morning. Maybe everyone are in a chatting mood with the sun out.
    Your breakfast sounds delicious, tt. And can I join you for lunch, please? Love spinach salad. I make it just like you, but w/o the celery.
    Good luck with your cookie baking, Winter. Are you still planning to make trays for the raffle? I am really curious. Why can't your son have his braces now? Why is January a magic month? It seems to me, the sooner he gets them, the sooner they will come off. It is good he has gotten used to the idea.
    ---I am in the kitchen today---
    Kar, are you picking or pickling beets, peppers and carrots? Cabbage and turkey sausage sounds like a nice Fall dinner. Do you add Caraway to the cabbage? Yum!
    I don't like the late debates either. But I think we Eastcoasters tend to forget the Westcoasters are 3 hours behind us. Thus when the debate starts it is only 6pm and they are barely home from work. We tape it so we can watch it at our leasure. I am also so sick of all the adds and phone calls. Don't pick up the house phone these days. Family and friends know our cell phone numbers. And the adds go in the recycling barrel, before they even get into the house. Such waste.
    On my way to my treatment, then to the office. Chat later.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Just picking and cooking, no more canning this year unless we have to pick a lot in a hurry.  We could end up needing to pickle some Brussels sprouts.

yeah, 6 pm is early for the west coast...true.

have a good appointment, Pingo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, we have to put 20% down and his father is not able to come up with his half until January, so he asked us to wait and with the holidays coming it's probablly best to wait anyway. His teeth won't get any worse and it's only two months which is nothing. So they will come off September/October of his 8th grade. Yes I'm making a cookie tray for the bazaar raffle.

We will be watching the debate, we stay up till about 11. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, now I am embarrased I asked. I apologize. But that makes sense. Lots of money involved here. And you are right, it will not be an easy thing to get used to during the holidays, with all the gooey, sweet stuff. Our boys didn't need braces, so it is a foreign country for me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

No worries Pingo. We could front the other half, but his father wants to wait till January. That's why I'm waiting also, let him have the Halloween candy, etc., before he can't eat alot of it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought we were the only ones who thought 9 was late, lol!  Guess we're in good company.  We, too, are sick of the ads and blah, blah, blah.  Who could be undecided at this point unless they are just starting to pay any attention to anything going on, emerging from a cave with three weeks to go?  Frankly, I could happily miss the debate, but dh wants to watch and I'd like to be able to talk with him about it.

[/QUOTE]

I think the reason for 9 is that that will be 8 in central time and 7 in Mountain and 6 in Pacific.  If it was 8 here it would be 5 in Pacific and no one would be home to watch.....ETA: sorry, I was in the middle of this post when the phone rang and by the time I got back Pingo had already posted the answer...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

yes, makes sense.  For us early birds on the east coast, though, it's unfortunate.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

If I went to bed at 9, nothing would ever get done in my house.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, has your son said anything to you about the Breast Cancer Aware pink sport socks?  GS from LOA asked his father to order him some from Amazon, all the kids playing sports there are wearing them.

Mail just came and in it a Plow and Hearth catalog.  Did you get yours, Kargiver?  Love that catalog.  Haven't ordered anything in quite a while from there, but love to sit and savor it when it comes - once a year.  I see they are carrying a few of the "Life is Good" design tees.  I'll take time later to sit and go through it page by page.  I draw up a dream list in my mind - if money were no object.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, mine came yesterday, too, and I love it!  I toss the others without cracking them.  I am thinking about getting the cardinal throw pillows for winter, but $80 is a lot.  We have had this furniture for three years, and still no accent pillows...tempting, but they will probably stay on my dream list, too, tt.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, no he hasn't mentioned them, but they did have a Tag day last week. The $3 to wear regular clothes went to Breast Cancer, the kids got pins that partcipated. 

kar, I got wonderful throw pillows at Target. They were $30 for two of them. People think they were a lot of money.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

When I saw him a couple of weeks ago, the mode of wear then were his basketball knee high socks with flip flops!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh I'm not a fan of the socks with flip flops. Luckily my son agrees :) He has basketball tryouts this Saturday about two hours after his soccer game ends. 

Sections
Shortcuts