October 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: October 2012

A department had some sort of event last night, so there was chicken parm with ziti and ceasar salad leftovers. There was also ice cream, I went with the rasberry sorbet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Lucky break for you for lunch, Winter.  Sounds good.  I haven't thought far enough ahead for supper fixings yet, just finishing off my candy bar, and salad, with some peanuts.

Kitchen is a mess, made whoopie cupcakes last night right before the quake, and didn't clean up the kitchen, save for filling the dirty bowl with water to soak.  Same this morning.  Never go out and leave the kitchen like that, but now, what a mess it is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

When I emailed G.T. my lunch fixings, he wrote back, "you ought to crumble the Mr. Goodbar on top of your salad" - I answered, I don't want to take away from the taste of the candy bar!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Mail today brought the $2 off card for the Christmas Festival at the World Trade Center the first part of November.  Asked G.T. to fit it in their schedule.  Last year we didn't get there, and it had become a tradition.  May not buy anythng except gingerbread men from the Gingerbread House, but still enjoy going and out to eat afterwards.  -  He said they'll write it in.  Yah!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I love the remark you came back with to G.T. That Christmas Festival sounds nice, I may have to check it out. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It's held every year, all different booths with Christmas gifts/decorations, and it's the one where they have the gingerbread house displays up the back that have been auctioned off the night before - used to be benefit of Children's Hospital, not sure if it still is.  Like I say, seldom buy anything because I have all the decorations I can use, but I love the festive quality of it.  If you do decide to go - fair warning, go right after the doors open - it gets wall to wall people.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I found it tt, thanks. The money goes towards a group called Housing Families which is working towards ending family homelessness.  I think we may go one night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Have to head out soon, have a great night everyone. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Well, we had the best night last night...we went over to DS and DIL for dinner...she is a very good cook and we polished off some pumpkin cheesecake that was heavenly of coarse...but Mr. Zach as DIL refers to him was absoloutly adorable, so loving and sweet...he does this thing whereupon ...I believe...he is trying to hug you...he crashes his head into your shoulder the rubs his face on you...I feel that I need to remind folks that he is 5 months old...but the sweetest little thing...DIL refers to herself as his Press Agent...so funny

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

brrrrr...anyone else frozen?  Hate to start the fire this early when it's going to get fairly warm out; it gets the house warm and then the sun bumps us into the red.  I had to actually turn on the upstairs fan and open the downstairs windows to cool the house off yesterday for having made that mistake.  Can't go to bed with it too warm, but don't want to freeze all day.  It's a Fall dilemma every year.

Looking at next week to go to lunch out East.  I'm out of wine (a tragedy, I know!) and like to buy it at Trader Joe's in Framingham on the way.  It's too far to make a special trip.  It's so inexpensive there.  A Shewsbury store employee told me that their store is getting alcohol soon.  I'm sure I sound like a drunken housewife, but if I can pay $4/bottle instead of $12 for the same quality I'm happy.  

Pretty soon it will be too cold to leave Gracie out for long.  She can stay in her crate, but then all she does is sleep.

Making plans to take SIL to the doctor in Boston (she abhors driving in the city - it makes her extremely anxious) and to go out to dinner in the North End afterwards.  Nice way to avoid Friday night traffic out of the city, don't you think?  LOL 

I've rambled enough about nothing...must get another cuppa.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Icer, that hug is absolutely precious!  Glad you had such a lovely evening with dear family.

(I have the Edit button, but it still doesn't work on the iPad.  The box disappears when I click to add or edit text.)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Sounds like interesting plans Kar.  I am with your SIL - I won't drive in Boston either, lol!

Icer, Mr. Zach sounds like quite the character!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Breakfast came first this morning, pineapple juice, raisin swirl toast with cream cheese, bacon and coffee.  (Tidbits of the bacon to my Cheerio as she perched beside me.)

Debating with myself whether or not to head out for a bit this morning, or get right to the business at hand, making scones for GS, and getting stuff ready for a business appt. tomorrow.

Icer, so cute, is that Zach.  He was giving you lovin.  Doesn't seem possible he's 5 months already.  Nice of DIL to have you over for supper.  Did she make the cheesecake?  If so, pretty courageous, with her MIL being such a successful baker.

I think your SIL has plenty of company with the fear of driving intown, Kargiver.  Unless you know the city and just where you're going, no way would I suggest anyone drive in there.  That's why I love to go with G.T.'s partner, he's fearless.  Knows the town inside and out, drives like a taxi driver, and ALWAYS finds a parking spot!  The extent of my courage for that was when I would drive through Boston, back and forth to the Cape to see G.T.  I had one route that I stuck to, get me off that, and I was completely lost.  Anyway, sounds like a nice outing you have, dr.'s appt. followed by dinner in the North End.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Driving is one of my passions, actually.  My grandmother taught defensive driving classes for the state of Maine and was the best driver I've ever known, she taught my mom (a close second if not equal), and she taught me at 15 when we lived in Orlando.  Not long after that I drove in Boston in college; I had a car while attending BU. SIL sits back and relaxes while in my passenger seat no matter what happens.  On the way home from Les Mis all the traffic lights were out, and I was nervous - she was happy as a clam, lol.  I relish the opportunity to drive somewhere other than country roads!

tt, that breakfast sounds soooo good!  So, up and out or in the kitchen?  Good question for me, too...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

...when I was 15, obviously - that was awkwardly written.  Darn, I wish I could edit!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

hmmm...I posted earlier but it looks like it didn't show up. I will drive to Children's Hospital but that's it. I grew up pretty close to Boston, so I could always get there by train.

Icer, Mr. Zach and his hugs sounds adorable. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I think age and how used you are to driving intown makes a difference too.  In younger days, I loved to drive and then would drive anywhere.  Now I have this unreasonable fear of getting lost - panic - maybe I'm picking up "phobias" from Aviva on "Real Housewives of NYC" !  LOL  She's a piece of work.

Breakfast was good, Kargiver.  When and if I can get myself up away from this computer, CC and another blog I chat on, my plan is to shower and dress and head out!  That's "when" and "if" ! lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    It wasn't as cold here this morning as it was yesterday. You are right Kar. It is difficult to adjust the heat during this time. We have the same "problem" with the sun. It heats up the house during the day; no need for heat. But in the mornings it is difficult to get out under the covers w/o heat. We do have thermostats all around the house, but they do take time to adjust and by the time they do, it is already too hot - and we have to open the sliders and windows. I just hate to do that; I feel I am throwing money out the window.
    tt, I realy admire you. You always make such great meals for yourself. I don't do that, when I am alone. Your breafast this morning f.ex. I would never cook up bacon and splatter the kitchen w/ grease for just me.
    My breakfast this morning was my juice (cucumber, strawberry, cranberry, apple) plus a Coconut Oil Pumpkin Muffin. Those are so delicious. And they are good for you too. Good oil for the brain and the heart, eggs for protein, pumpkin for fruit and whole wheat, raisins and nuts for fiber. All in one package. I was trying hard, but I couldn't taste the coconut.
    Add me to the non-Boston drivers. Never liked it. I drove to my OB on Beacon Street (and that was 37 years ago), and as long as I stayed on the same route, I was ok. But when there were detours, forget it. I would always get lost and end in neighborhoods, one doesn't want to be in. Once I had a police officer tell me (and my belly ready to pop) when I asked for directions, "You don't belong here lady. Follow me!" and he got me safely back on Memorial Drive. Thinking back, he was probably afraid I would deliver right there, and he had to play midwife. LOL
    That Mr. Zack sounds so sweet. Can't believe he is already 5 months old. Nice of your DIL inviting you over for a meal, Icer. Not easy with a baby in the house.
    No car again today. I feel lost w/o it, but hopefully we will pickup the company's car tonight. Besides, I told them, they couldn't have my car Friday, so they better finish today.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Absolutely, tt, given I started my time behind the wheel in a city 25 years ago and kept up my city driving it would be strange if I weren't comfortable with it.  My SIL grew up in the 'burbs and never once drove in Boston and only ever went in for doctor's visits so I wouldn't expect her to want to drive in.  I, too, "picked up" a fear of getting lost about the time I was heading for a divorce, but Dr. Garmin got me over it; I'd be agoraphobic without it!

I'm having a hard time getting moving, too...although, that sun sure is inviting.  Gracie is outside soaking it up in the front yard.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL, Pingo, I have led strangers out of the city like that; I can't leave them to their panic going in circles.  GL getting your car back ASAP!  Being stranded indefinitely isn't a good feeling.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm on my way out now, Pingo, I'll swing by and pick you up if you feel like "poking"!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Well, I know it is not indefinite, so I just have to keep busy while waiting. But I am feeling so lazy this morning. Haven't even showered yet.
    Yes, TG for that GPS. 37 years ago, there was no such a thing. I feel much more comfortable driving - even in the burbs, with it on. And if I really, really had to drive to and in Boston, I could do it with my GPS. I wouldn't be comfortable, but I could do it, if I had to. I think DH has intimidated me. He has such a sense of place, that he hardly ever uses his GPS. I always put it on,  if I am in his car sitting next to him, b/c I like to follow the map. But oh, God forbid, if I put the sound on. "Shut her up!"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thank you, tt - that would be really awesome, wouldn't it? But sorry, not today, I haven't even showered yet. Better get ready, just in case you should stop by. I will send you home with some awesome Pumpkin Muffins.

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

I'm on my way out now, Pingo, I'll swing by and pick you up if you feel like "poking"!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We are couple peas in a pod, Pingo, lol.  My dh HATES the GPS.  I don't understand their aversion to it, though; weren't men traditionally the map lovers?  It's a talking map!  ???

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I love the GPS on my iPhone. She even alerts us to police, accidents, etc. On the way to Gettysburg, DH even thanked her for the info...lol.

Sections
Shortcuts