October 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Re: October 2012

Hi Everybody -

Wrote a long newsy post yesterday around 3:00PM, only to have the screen freeze.  pingo, good advice to email, copy and paste.  I wrote another "test" post later and that didn't go either.  Crazy. We'll see if this works.

mothermitzi

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Better write this now.  tt, I hope you have a great time in P-town.  My father needs a new roof, too.  Misery loves company.

pingo, I wish we could see your African violet.

I was in Maine last weekend helping my sister-in-law close up their place.  My brother is having some health issues, so she asked me to go along.  It was a grey and damp weekend, but we managed to pop into a couple of local shops and have a lobster dinner on Saturday.

I'm going to NY office to work tomorrow and Friday.  Friday night, DD and the girls will join me for the weekend.  Looking forward to it.

hats, I watched the midwife series last weekend and thought it was good.

Sorry this is such a jumble but I'm afraid of losing my post again!

mothermitzi

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Yes, mm - it is no fun to post or try to post these days. One never knows, when it is working or not. BDC is doing some internal IT work, that has nothing to do with the Forums, but unfortunately, it effects them. Hope you will write another "newsy post", I always enjoy reading them.
    I hope your son is out of harms ways these days. It is terrrible, what is going on around the world. It is especially sad, when the people, we are trying to help, turn against us. - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

The forums are gone again, again, oh no, oh no,

The forums are gone again, again, oh no, oh no!

Boston dot com is always down,

Your ad views suffer when chat's not around,

And the Globe goes marching down, into the ground, there goes print, dum, dum, dum....

Repeat ad infinitum et ad nauseam.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Another poet has entered our midst!  lol

I know, it's so aggravating.  At least today it wasn't down as long as yesterday.

Son brought my GS over after school today - guess it's been a while since I saw him - he is now taller than me!  The bag of candy was a hit, I think what was left to take home were empty wrappers!  Turned down my offer of cookies, said he has had them twice already this week.  So that's OK, pkged them up to take to G.T.'s with me.

Soup is made, just cooking noodles now to go in.  Don't like to cook them in the actual soup because they swell and absorb the broth.  Now that's already for tomorrow's night supper, with plenty for me to be able to have it tonight too.  Don't think the apple crisp is going to get made, have an apple cake in freezer and will take that out and have with caramel ice cream and whipped cream.  That leaves just the gingerbread boys to bake tomorrow.

Clothes still aren't figured out, but there must be something clean and ironed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I think that if you bring food, no one will care about your clothes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That may be especially true in P'town - lol.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Yes indeedy do!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT, I am going to be "wicked busy" on Friday so I too want to express my hope that your sojourn on the Cape will be wonderful. I am having many many visitors this long weekend so I will be MIA a lot I think.

I will expect a full report on your return.  If I were going, I'd swim in the ocean but I will excuse you from that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

The last shall be first, and the first, last.  I guess I am not getting enough sleep these days. This rainy weather is getting to be too too depressing....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Hats, the cap to my visit will be to drive down to the point and hear the foghorn.  Gawd how I used to love listening to that nights when I slept over at G.T.'s.  My bedroom there had skylights that showed the Heavens in all their glories because his condo was away from the lights, and falling asleep looking up at those and listening to the foghorn was the most peaceful wonderful entry into sleep I've ever had.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Ok, let's try posting today. No idea what happaned yesterday then I couldn't post for the rest of the day. I'll see if BDC can delete the extra posts. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, all,

and, an early one it was in the kargiver household!  Got up at 5:30 to watch the taped debate since we were actually asleep by 9 last night, and dh will be away through Sunday night.  He left at 8 with all the fruit and veggies I prepped last night.  We are both determined to not pack on winter pounds this year, and with his work in the garden and mine in the kitchen we will succeed. Too bad teamwork in marriage is so often pooh-poohed...oh, well, it's the naysayers' loss I'd imagine.

got three pints out of that last batch of tomatoes.  I actually had to dump 1/2 of them since they never really turned red and weren't looking like good eats.  That's life at the end of the season, what can ya do. I'll see if I can post a photo of the season's canning results in the cabinet. :)

tt, you could show up in a burlap sack with your apple cake and everything, and, like hats said, no one would notice for being so happy with the yumminess. :)  have fun!  You're leaving tomorrow, right?

so, here we are, me and Gracie holding down the fort...sigh.  Time for another cuppa - yawn...stretch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, no worries. :)  what happened to the delete post option, though?  And, can anyone actually edit their posts if they hit the edit button?  I can't...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I can edit my posts.  If however I try to edit it a second time, when I hit submit I get a blank screen.  The post is saved and appears but I have to get out and get back in.  This is of course a pain because I can;t bookmark farther down than lifestyle, so have to go to the lifestyle book mark, got to CC, go to the discusssion, go to the first page of the discussion and go to the last page. 

So many bad computer apps out there!  These young programmers make the big bucks and they are weenies, weenies!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:

I think that if you bring food, no one will care about your clothes.

Probably true, but being an "older lady", it's important to me to look my prettiest when I go to anything like this, particularly since I know from past experience, GD will announce she's "opening card from my Nana who writes the most beautiful poems", and then proceed to read it aloud!  All eyes will turn, and I want to do her proud.  It's a short one this time, but passed it by G.T. and he thought it was good - believe me, he would "edit" if he thought it wasn't!  Nothing shy about my boys as far as being careful not to hurt my feelings!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Thought I was immune,  but guess not,my posts have disappeared too.   Hope you have a good time in Ptown, tt....I've never been, someday!!  Hats, every year I make up batches of pumpkin bread in those little pans from the CTS, then wrap them i n clear plastic wrap, tie a bow on them and I'm all set for lots of gifts.  My DD;s don't want mini pans, they want the regular size ones...I gave them copies of my recipe last year, but as we all know, nothing tastes as good as when its made by someone else!!  Have a good day all - ss

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I can't delete posts at all.  tt, I'm sure you will look lovely.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Oh yeah, SS, some of the recipients prize the mini-pans, and the ones who don't still like the bread.  Some people give them back to me after Xmas, carefully noting that they want bread next year,  and I put the pans under the bed, use them the next year and give them to someone else.  Keeps the old designs circulating too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Trash is out, and I'm sitting here sipping my coffee.  Have these couple of hours waiting for the dough, to get sleep over things together, and pumpkin's card put together.  Love all the embellishments you can get in Michael's.  Got some adorable Halloween ones to put on a card for him, and then when I got home remembered I had bought a Halloween card for him!  Painfully searched and picked out basketball theme for GD's b'day card envelope (card was one of those music ones) yesterday, and when I told him he could easily peel them off and put them on something else (I was thinking his bedroom mirror), he peeled them off and stuck them on  his father's shirt!  Well, at least the candy was a hit.  I told him until he's about 45, and as long as he's within travelling distance, I will always give him a bag of candy as part of his birthday gift.  That brought a smile.

Winter, he's a "buddy" at school this year - 6th grade.  Loves it.  He had one when he first went, don't know if that relationship continues on, but when I asked him if he liked doing that, you could see he felt like one of the big guys.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nobody has the delete button anymore, it seems.  We have the edit button, but it seems to work differently for different users; it doesn't work for me at all.

ss, they don't want them in the little pans?  I don't understand!  To each her own, I guess. :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:

Oh yeah, SS, some of the recipients prize the mini-pans, and the ones who don't still like the bread.  Some people give them back to me after Xmas, carefully noting that they want bread next year,  and I put the pans under the bed, use them the next year and give them to someone else.  Keeps the old designs circulating too.

I gave the pan back to G.T.'s MIL, because I knew I wouldn't be baking in it (never thought of the other uses you had mentioned), and she was really insulted.  Said that was part of the gift.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Looks like the posting box is still working this morning. Now let's get the delete button, the spellcheck and let's get rid of that annoying douple line spaceing. Are you listening, BDC?
    I have no problem editing - at least for now. Who knows, what will happen later. It has been kind of hit or miss lately.

Real fall morning this morning. Depressing, to say the least. If the sun would come out, it would feel a lot different. But tomorrow, when tt is listening to the fog horn, it will be nice and warm. I love that sound too. I always think of all the seafarers, it has saved during the time where there was no digital equipment on the ships. The light houses has a magical attraction to. Something nostalgic.

Such a good housewife you are, Kar. I know many women would cringe over the word, housewife. It has become nostalgic too. It is just too bad that partnership in mariages has gone wayside. Your DH will think of you everytime he takes a bite of the food you have packed for him with such love. Would love to see a photo of your cabinet, that now must be bulging with your hard work. You will be quite self sufficient this winter.

Just another day at work for me. You all have a good one - Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, my son's school doesn't have the buddie program, but 2nd graders read to K1 (4 year olds), the 3rd graders read to K2 (5 - Kindergarden), and the 4th graders read to the 1st graders. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Pingo. :)

Sections
Shortcuts