October 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: October 2012

And BDC, while you are at it, please explain, what was abusive in Hats' poem. You must have a replacement monitor on duty today. The everyday staff know this lady always butt in, when she should not - and it not to enhance the discussion.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hi Ache,    Nice to see you!     :-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Good afternoon, Robin

I hope you are enjoying a pleasant day today:)

ETA: Looks like my posting was removed. Within 10 minutes too. So funny

I wonder if they'll be blaming you for this one too, Robin?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

And here we are, on a nice sunny Saturday. Kar and Gracie taking a walk, Hats writing poems, tt eating "crap", Icer counting her money bag she dragged home from Vegas and I am doing laundry. How more boring could that be? Who would think, the thread got so "ignited", we end up with deleted posts? Sorry, I missed your post, Ache.

ETA: tt, I have high regards for all your baked goodies. Just thought it was too strange a nick name to give it. I have a "crappy" banana bread in the oven as we speak.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Ache, it's not worth it,   however we do have the right to comment in a public forum when we think have something to add, right?

Thanks for asking, my day is going well, mowed the lawn (ugh),  I'm praying for a nice hard frost very soon!

Hope you are enjoying your sports events on tv,   Happy Columbus Day weekend.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

To add to the day's "excitement", I decided to wash our down comforters. Hope they will be dry before we go to bed. It usually take hours.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, I know, how boring to lurk here and chime in with negativity.  Ache is bamboozled, but no matter.  I didn't report anyone, for the record, and I'm sure ache didn't say anything that would qualify to be reported, anyway.  Can't really say, though, since I've been out, and I don't have Internet capability outside of wifi.

just started to rain here as wrapped up our 4 mile walk with friend from town who is almost at her target weight after losing 40 lbs this year.  She wears a pedometer to achieve her daily steps goal so that's how I know it's 4 miles - it translates her steps into miles based on her stride she measured and entered.  Gracie and I benefit health wise, and we have great conversation along the way.

Gracie is already asleep and we've only been home 10 minutes.  That pup can snooze.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

bamboozle Featured Word verb - transitive

Do you really think someone as intelligent as Ache could be bamboozled by a simpleton like me?

crap: something that is of bad quality ,    my opinion of food items that have no nutritional value.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Robin39's comment:
    [QUOTE]

@tt: I guess you guys would prefer to have only people respond to your comments that agree with your opinions, right or wrong.  For example your dr told you to stop eating sugary desserts, however you continue to talk about all these treats, and your fellow posters appear to support and encourage you to consume them,  so if anyone were to advise you not to eat that crap, I suppose you would consider that controversial! 

[/QUOTE]

OMG you're keeping a food journal on me now?  If your posts weren't purposely intended to be inflammatory, I'd be flattered!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, how did your ginger boys come out? How do you get #! to stick? The b-day party is tmw. right?
    Happy Birthday, Pumpkin!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, how did your ginger boys come out? How do you get #! to stick? The b-day party is tmw. right?
    Happy Birthday, Pumpkin!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Huh? Double posting - again? I know, I clicked only once. Let's see, how this goes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to pingo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And here we are, on a nice sunny Saturday. Kar and Gracie taking a walk, Hats writing poems, tt eating "crap", Icer counting her money bag she dragged home from Vegas and I am doing laundry. How more boring could that be? Who would think, the thread got so "ignited", we end up with deleted posts? Sorry, I missed your post, Ache.

ETA: tt, I have high regards for all your baked goodies. Just thought it was too strange a nick name to give it. I have a "crappy" banana bread in the oven as we speak.

[/QUOTE]

Pingo - too funny!

Just got home from the pumpkin's party and if you think what I made is SWEET, you should have seen the spread on that table!  OMG,  everyone apparently is eating the same "crap" as me, and passing it around, to boot!  How's that?

Never saw so many presents at a little kid's party.  Lots of other little ones there and it was like Christmas to them, playing with the toys as they got opened up.  Pumpkin latched onto that dog I bought (just like that one he plays with here), and once he got the pull string in his clutches, never let go.  Toddling all over the place, funny as could be.  GD did an excellent job - pizzas, mtballs, ziti (with no meat sauce for her uncles G.T. and partner), salad, and of course all the desserts.  She bought a big sheet cake and then also made one from scratch, and made a character's (from Green Eggs and Ham) dessert.  Loads of hand painted decorations, flower pots for the older kids to decorate, a marvelous job.  A big card on the wall for everyone to write their message to pumpkin.

Tried to send home stuff with me, but except for a gingerbread boy that hopped into my pocketbook, I abstained.

Now to the boring stuff at hand - a bed that was stripped and has to be remade, hoping there are clean sheets in the drawer.  Mail waiting on the floor under the mail slot to be opened,  Cheerio to be fed, some sort of light supper for me.  Had leftover chicken soup for lunch so don't want that.

Getting dark here as tho it's going to rain.  Perfect timing that it held off for the party which was both indoors and out.

I too, am sorry I missed your post, Ache.  Can only guess at what it contained, and that ain't good.  Several people on these different boards, that I wonder when I read their posts, if you and they are the same.  (I know you love to hear that!)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to Robin39's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ache, it's not worth it,   however we do have the right to comment in a public forum when we think have something to add, right?

Thanks for asking, my day is going well, mowed the lawn (ugh),  I'm praying for a nice hard frost very soon!

Hope you are enjoying your sports events on tv,   Happy Columbus Day weekend.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Robin (Pats/Broncos tomorrow at 4:30)

Happy Columb Day Weekend to you too

You "mow your own", huh? I think that's great!

Keep rockin', Robin!

ETA: Nevermind

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Wow...I took a little time to count the wheelbarrels full of $$ and I come back to this ...I thought we had a few Hoidy Toidy followers but I never expected this!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Hey guys, you inspired me!  I jut slipped a loaf of banana bread with cranberries and peacns in the oven.  Haven't baked anything much (well, Brownies and muffins) since last spring, and just for once I decided to use the bananas instead of freezing them.  I think my own home made food is better than store-bought any day.  And I know thre's nothing fake in there, too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I hope you have more success with the bread than you did with that poem of yours, hats

Ugh

There may be nothing "fake" in your "home made food", but your poetry is definitely bogus

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

My poetry is great actually.  Especially for just a couple of minutes of work.  And it was my honest feelings, not second hand information from some stupid nutritionist who will be changing his/her tune in a couple of years anyway.  Eat Margarine, not butter, whoops, no, margarine is poison.  Don't eat tropical oils, oh wait, they don't have trans fats, let's eat them again.  A lotta hooey.  Fructose is ok, not sucrose, oh wait it's all the same when it breaks down.  Keep cuts dry to heal them, oh wait, actually, wet is better.  Once heard one of them say "eat half a bagel spread with your favorite low-fat salad dressing for breakfast. "  How nasty can you get.   Oh wait, new research shows Oatmeal is best.  Yes indeed, my grandpa ate it every morning of his long life allong with toast with butter, coffee with sugar, and 1/2 grapefrut with sugar.  We don';t want to hear Dog Lady spouting this week's party line it's just a bunch of researchers trying to get published. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Yeah, it looked like you put only a few minutes of work into it, hats. That's why your poem failed so miserably. No effort = a trainwreck

Organize your thoughts first. Shape your ideas. Dont just wing it and expect that the result will be brilliant. Your poem was all over the place. OMG Trying to get through it was excruciating. It even stopped rhyming in the middle 

And be pithy, will you please?. Is that asking too much? A witty 4 liner or even a droll 2 liner is more effective than a big, ugly mess

PS Please post the poem again like you promised to. I would like the opportunity to trash it line by line... 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Dottie, can't post from my Droid : (

In response to AcheNot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, it looked like you put only a few minutes of work into it, hats. That's why your poem failed so miserably. No effort = a trainwreck

Organize your thoughts first. Shape your ideas. Dont just wing it and expect that the result will be brilliant. Your poem was all over the place. OMG Trying to get through it was excruciating. It even stopped rhyming in the middle 

And be pithy, will you please?. Is that asking too much? A witty 4 liner or even a droll 2 liner is more effective than a big, ugly mess

PS Please post the poem again like you promised to. I would like the opportunity to trash it line by line... 

[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, ambergirl. How are you?

You cant post from your phone, huh? Well, that sucks

I see you left a message in the thread title line though

Why not just leave a bigger message there? That'll work, right?

I hope your feeling better

P&L

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

testing

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Amber, can you post????  We miss you!  I think of you so often!!!!  Take care!