October 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: October 2013

Got peppers?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Or, a lazy dog, whichever pic shows up...sigh.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hello.

Back home, did get out and have lunch out too.  Still having nausea, mostly in the morning, which makes me wonder if ulcers are raising their ugly head again.  Nausea was the complaint from me when I had them.  Chomped a zantac in the middle of the night, so I would be OK today, got up with a little nausea, but as with the ulcers, as soon as I eat something I feel better.  No sore throat, but that could have been from the acidic ulcers.

How is everyone else?  One more day of work for you working ladies.  Looking forward to a relaxing week-end.  Missed Y&R today, but looking forward to something good, I hope, on Dr. Phil.

I never head to Reading, Pingo, don't know that I have been there at all.  Next time G.T. comes down I'll suggest a ride out there to that shop you mentioned.  Right now my budget/finances are stretched as far as I want to push them before I can think of charging anything more.

Nice of you to let us know why we're not getting your usual newsy posts, Kargiver, but as the others said, no need to apologize.  We all get tied up sometimes with our own goings on, and don't have the time or energy left to post.  Just letting us know you are OK, is enough.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sounds like a nice plan, tt. But if you can go all the way to Newton on 128, you can certainly make it to Reading. Just saying. If GT takes you there, you will see how easy it is. On your way back to the HWY, make sure you stop at Calareso's Farmstand. It will be on your right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I like him with me for consultation - "What do you think?" - when I'm buying something for the house.  He knows a lot about furniture what is "old" and what isn't, and the true worth of things.  It's not that I'm afraid to drive to Reading.  Just never have had occasion to go there.  I usually head in the other direction - Salem, Beverly, Danvers.

Laid down on the couch and had a nice 45 minutes nap.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, tt and everyone for the leeway to just be selfish for a bit, as necessary.  I hope your nausea is transient, not a sign of ulcer issues.

Finally, I saw the pepper photo I posted instead off Gracie by the fire - anyone else see it?  I've got a stock pot 3/4 full of chopped veggies becoming soup...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Still seeing Gracie - and that's a cute picture!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yep, it's back to that one for me, too.  Weird, but that one makes me warm to look at it.  I started the fire today around 3 - it was 63 degrees with no chance of warming up.  67 now, maybe time to add a couple of small pieces...it's that time of year where you can get it too warm for nighttime very easily.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Not me.  I'm freezing, chilly.  Have my flannel nightgown and robe already laid out on the bed.

Supper was just some cornbread I had brought home from lunch, a couple of roll ups of ham/cheese, and a glass of ginger ale.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'd give you a big bowl of fresh vegetable soup if I could; that would warm you up in good shape.  Tomorrow, potato leek.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I have pork, apples, carrots, potatoes, onion etc. in the crock pot tonight - hope it comes out well.  Maybe I should go check and start setting the table!

Kar, if you post another pic maybe the dog will turn into peppers.  Refreshing the page doesn't work this time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hm, how about this for an experiment...another pepper photo, this time, all jalapeños.

ETA: nope, still Gracie.  

hats, that sounds like a lovely Fall dinner.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I see Gracie

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, the pepper photo displayed for me with just a single load of the page - since then, the lazy pup in front of the stove.  I've tried a number of times to choose the correct one, but every time I choose "insert" the wrong pic appears and I cancel it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Girls, you know these forums are so broken. I still see no peppers. But I don't mind to see Gracie over and over again. Just love her and the pix of her, you send us, Kar.
    Hats, that's on my menu for tomorrow. Have all the ingredients. Except, I am substituting country style ribs for the pork chops. They were on sale, and we like the extra ump the bones gives. Will start it early morning; then go about my day.
    Making a new shrimp dish tonight. If it is is good, I will post the recipe. I found it on the net, but I am substituting Quinoa for the Orzo it calls for.
    If the Sox are on tonight, I am sure everyone are busy watching. DH is playing tennis right now. That's his game, and good excersise for him. I just hate to eat so late, but what can I do?
    Hope you all have a good night, and that the Sox will win.
    Nighty nite!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Aw, thanks - I hope she makes everyone feel like they are warming with her by the stove.

I always sub quinoa for orzo; far superior nutritionally and no sacrifice in flavor or texture - win, win.  I hope your dish comes out great, pingo; I'm sure it will.

The soup came out good which is a relief because it's about 5 gallons worth.

Feeling better now that that mountain of veggies is taken care of.  Wishing the correct photo would post.  Grr.  The applesauce is more fun and not so imperative now that the garage is cold.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

No luck with new pic

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, so happy to see the "old" Kargiver back. She was so missed. You are much too hard on yourself. I know, you want to please your DH, but for heaven's sake, don't get sick over it. Even if you say "no more canning", he will still stick around. Of that I am sure. Definitely! LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL, thanks, Pingo.  As tt has surmised, though, it's mostly my own pressure to get it all done that is the pressure on me.  The produce comes when it comes - it doesn't care that you're tired of processing it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Can anyone else see the new photo, now, too?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning everyone,

TT- hope your nausea is better this morning.  Kar, as everyone else said, take it easy, don't worry about posting.   Of course we miss you but please do be "selfish" for once!  Oh, that picture of Gracie is so beautiful.  I just want to lay next to her and snuggle her up!!

No big plans for the weekend.  Of course will spend the day with Mom tomorrow.  I do look forward to it.  We have a good time just "hanging out," playing  cards, etc.  I have to help her/explain to her a new health insurance plan for next year.  It's not the ACA, but it's a new plan for her and very overwhelming to her.  I feel bad because she gets so worried about it.  Luckily, I work in the industry so hopefully I can explain it to her so she understands it better and isn't so worried.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Went to bed at 8:00 last night and slept clear through the night until 5:00 this morning.  Had cranked the thermostat up a couple of notches, put on flannel nightgown, and crawled in under layers of quilts.  Warm and snuggly all night, and got up this morning feeling good, no nausea.

No plans for the week-end, but that's fine with me, still working on a list I leave on the table of things to get done - some only take an hour - and it's a good feeling to put a line through them when they're taken care of.

I haven't even looked at the new BC/BS supplement that explains next year's changes.  Doesn't matter, I will stick with them.  So far that's been a wise choice for me.

Time to have breakfast and maybe lounge around a bit instead of hurrying to get dressed.  Brought down my old flannel robe yesterday too, and that's a comfort piece.  If I don't get on again later, hope you all have a good week-end.  I've got to touch base with GD and see what afternoon next week works for her for Halloween cookie baking.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

It's good to be back, thanks, everyone.  I have a hard time in the Fall, am PMSing, and felt so overwhelmed by that last veggie haul I was ready to curl into a ball and cry.  Your encouragment really helped me get over it and power through.

Prin, I hope your weekend rejuvenates you; I did see you said you are having some struggles, too.  It seems your mom isn't the only one overwhelmed re healthcare...good to have a knowledgable daughter to help her. :)

It's 61 in here, time for a fire.  Gracie is disgusted it's not going and is curled way up in the back of her crate in her wool blanket.

ETA:  tt, does that mean no ulcer?  I hope your nausea is totally behind you.  I'm with you in my fleece sleep sack, a serious comfort item.  The zipper is wearing out...I hope I can replace it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

PEPPERS!  I see green peppers!  Now what were you doing with all those?  Freezing?  Surely you can't put all of them in a soup ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You saw them?!  Yep, they are now in about 4-5 gallons of soup that we'll freeze most of.  The basket on the right (leaves) was full of celery that is also in there.

Sections
Shortcuts