October 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: October 2013

Kargiver, big question is, - what did you do with the ganoush???

Rama, yes, I think we all have that front forums page that just hasn't updated.  I have a lot more problems than that with BDC, but so far as long as I stay in Chrome instead of IE when I'm over here, it's better.  Still can't post pics, and Cheerio and I miss that.

Saw my GD with her two little boys - boy, does she have her hands full.  Pumpkin just turned 2 and the baby is 4 months!  Pumpkin wanted to run, and the little one wanted to eat!  She had an appt. to have pumpkin's picture taken in the afternoon, to send out with his birthday thank you's, but in his running, climbing, jumping that morning, he had bumped his lip and had a little fat  lip.  She was hoping a popsicle, with the cold/ice,  would take it down enough that she wouldn't have to reschedule.

My poking is looking less and less promising, since I'm still sitting in my  robe.  Plus it's getting reyer and grey here.  Know it's not supposed to rain until tonight, but I was hoping for a sunny day to be out and around.  We'll see.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT we have a little rain here; tomorrow is supposed to be warmer and rain only in am, but who knows whether the forecast is right?

No Kar, I will not do waterbath canning, only fridge/freezer.  I didn't peel the apples before I made the sauce, so jelly ain't happening. 

Cleaning today!  Dishes and laundry besides....will get my workout up and down the stairs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Wow, Kar, those eggplant seeds are certainly not giving up life. I am not surprised though. They found seeds, that sprouted, when they dug up ruins in Pompeii. Have a great trip East.

All this talk about Apple Jelly makes me want to try it. The blueberry crisp, I was going to make Saturday, has now turned into an Apple Crisp.

tt, it is nice and sunny here. Doesn't look like it is going to rain. Sorry to hear your hips are giving you trouble. Could be the weather change. Mine are giving me trouble all the time these days, so I cannot pin my aches and pains on the weather.

DH left very early this morning and let me sleep in. I didn't wake up until 9 - late for me, but it felt good. Just finishing my second cup of coffee. Better get in gear and get to the office. Payroll week.

Enjoy the day everyone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Yep, sunny here now too.  Just can never tell.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I did get a speck of sun here, so ran out.  Picked up some things for Halloween bags, and a few things for the Christmas baskets.  Pretty good for only one hour.  

Thinking of where to suggest going for lunch when friend comes over tomorrow.  Has to be someplace where they bring the food to the table, she is not that steady on her feet, and she won't let me help her with her tray.   Hope it isn't a pouring rain.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Glad you were able to run out tt. Sounds like you did well at CTS.Have you ever been to Red's Dinner on Rute One? I guess it's called Reds Kitchen and Tavern. If you are coming from Saugus, etc. it will be on your right, before Forest Street and after Santarpio's pizza. We've gone for dinner and the food is good. They have some great looking desserts (red velvet cake, whoppie pies, lemon megrine pie).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, Winter.  I'll mention it to her.  I haven't ever been there but I know she met a friend there a few months ago.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, my shopping was at Marshall's.  That's my go to store for Christmas basket stuffers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

My apologies, I assumed CTS. I think you'd like it, nice homey meals and big enough meals for leftovers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, interesting you liked Red's whatever-they-call-it. We went there one of the first nights they opened, and were not impressed. Maybe, they hadn't gotten their act quite together yet. We found the service very slow. First they forgot our salads. Had to remind the server twice. Then when they brought the food, two items on DH's plate were wrong. Instead of a baked potato and broccoli he got French fries and corn. He ate both anyway. We had been waiting l9ng enough at that point.

tt, I was going to suggest the place in Wakefield, we often go to. They have a handicap ramp in the rear, but the parking lot there is tough. I don't think you would like it. Have you been to Westside Family Restaurant in Peabody. It is on Lowell Street, very close to Rt.1. We have never been disappointed there. Friendly service too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Interesting Pingo, we've gone several times and have always had wonderful service and food.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I had heard good things about Reds.  A couple of other friends had gone there, I just never think of it.

The Family restaurant is a good idea too.  My cousin and I used to go there.  I'll throw that out tomorrow as a possible too.  Thanks, ladies.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Just got back from a glorious trip East, so rejuvenating.  I picked up my jewelry, and everything is perfect, well fitting, polished, and super clean, just like new!  Rama, can't thank you enough for the encouragement to go back to Barmakian.  

And, lunch was just as great, as always, with my dear friend of 20+ years at the Japanese buffet in Framingham.

I'm not an expert in jelly making yet, hats, but maybe it's like anything else, you can put it in the jars and use it relatively soon storing immediately in the fridge.

tt, wherever you go I hope you have a wonderful time out tomorrow with your friend, too.

Pingo, doesn't it feel great to sleep in once in awhile?  7:30 is our max now that we have Gracie, but I remember those 9 am mornings fondly, lol.

ok, to the chores...brrr, maybe the first of which should be getting the fire going.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

P.S.  tt, after I realized it was just sprouted I'm ok with it. :)

Pingo, I didn't know that about Pompeii seeds!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Everytime I go to post it takes me two times...at lesat I can post though. Steak for dinner tonight with french fries and corn maybe. Kar, glad you had a good time out East.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Seeds - yes, they have found seeds in the pyramids that have grown after being stored for 2/3 thousand years.  In fact, the National Geographic has this article on a 32,000 year old seed having germinated.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/02/120221-oldest-seeds-regenerated-plants-science/

Amazing, isn't it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Now I am anxious to try it again. Like I said, they had just opened, when we went there, so it could be they had to straighten out few kinks.

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

Interesting Pingo, we've gone several times and have always had wonderful service and food.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Remember, they have your Greek Lemon Soup.

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

I had heard good things about Reds.  A couple of other friends had gone there, I just never think of it.

The Family restaurant is a good idea too.  My cousin and I used to go there.  I'll throw that out tomorrow as a possible too.  Thanks, ladies.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Interesting indeed. It is kind of amusing to think, that seeds we keep for a couple of years become old and will not germinate, but a 32,000 years old seed will. Must be all the fooling around they do these days with the seeds and plants.

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:

Seeds - yes, they have found seeds in the pyramids that have grown after being stored for 2/3 thousand years.  In fact, the National Geographic has this article on a 32,000 year old seed having germinated.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/02/120221-oldest-seeds-regenerated-plants-science/

Amazing, isn't it?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's definitely cool that very old seeds - 32,000 years?!?! - can germinate.  I guess an hour in a 400 degree oven isn't so impressive, after all, lol.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I did not know they had the Greek Lemon Soup.  Only other place I was aware of was Brothers'.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Just getting caught up...I have Zachary on Wenesday afternoons...its quite tireing...I've never heard of Greek lemon soup...I have to look it up

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I am tearing apart our garden too. One of the things I do was recommended by Lleasyl...Pingo do you still talk to Lleasyl?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

oh Lleasyl is a blast from the past...where are they now?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, icer!  Greek lemon soup that I've had is basically a creamy (from the rice) chicken and rice with lemon.  Maybe odd sounding, but serious comfort food and so good.  I can imagine keeping up with Zach is exhausting, but what a special bond you'll have for regular time together.

So dark...feels like midnight.  I didn't have dinner after a gigantic lunch of too many trips to the buffet, but now feeling a little hungry...hm, not feeling like cooking.  maybe a little yogurt.

I'm loving having my wedding rings back...felt naked without them.

Sections
Shortcuts