October 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: October 2013

Lucked out everywhere this morning.  At the Paper Store, along with the 2 cards I needed, found a sandbox or beach set of plastic stuff marked down to $2.50.  Since Pumpkin is getting a sandbox for his birthday, that is perfect to put in with the wooden puzzle and clothes outfit.  Got one of those little clip on animals to clip on the 17 year olds card, so there'd be a little something besides money.  Ran into KMart for makeup and thera tears and they had their "movie theater" boxes of candy on sale for $1, so picked up 5 of them to put in a bag for 13 yr. old along with his Newbury Comics gift card.  They also had their Tidy Cat Litter on sale, so 20 lbs. for $6.99.  AND, I was home again at noon,in time for my salad and Y&R!  A very good morning!

Hats, that is such a great site - clicked on the Susan Branch G.T. (oh, same initials as Green Thumb!) Fan Club Blog and may get into that.  There is no bigger fan of hers than me.  Thanks so much for leading me to it. 

ETA:  Many pictures of her that I had never seen before.  A great site, Hats.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, she told me that she liked the watering can but that the font choice was weak. I'm going to see what I can use instead, but I've tried a few and don't like them.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, sounds like you had a productive morning. I had to run over to Staples during lunch to get DS a sketch book, which he knew about last week, but told me last night. He needs to draw someone's foot for tomorrow.

- Darth Vadar

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

How about use the same font, but make the letters larger, as they pouring  out of the can - like a water stream would be?

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

Pingo, she told me that she liked the watering can but that the font choice was weak. I'm going to see what I can use instead, but I've tried a few and don't like them.

- Darth Vadar

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Busy morning for you, tt. Good it was so successful. I should go shopping w/ you - looks like all the bargains find you. Did you handle that heavy bag of cat litter all by yourself? If you did and your back hurts tmw., don't complain to me. I can't muster a 20 lbs. bag of bird seeds at Costco.
    CPA just left, and I am done for the day. My head is buzzing and tired. Going home to sit  on my deck and put my legs up with a nice cup of tea and my book.
    Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just heard, that Tom Clancy has died at age 66 -  RIP
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The cat litter still sits in my trunk, but a little later when I use the wheelbarrow to pull the trash bags out to the curb, I'll stop by the trunk and tumble the litter into the wheelbarrow, wheel it over to the back stairs (only 2) and then get it in.

Have a wash in so I'll have something to wear tomorrow.  Supper will be easy, just reheating the pot roast dinner I had last night.  Pressed the 2 little identical outfits this morning when I was ironing my own clothes.  So cute.  I know GD will be tickled.  Sat I'll make the half moons to take Sunday.

Like your idea of the changing fonts of the water dripping out of the can.

People across the street have gone in, so I'm going to get the stuff wheelbarrowed out now.  Try not to do it when neighbors are out.  Don't want them to think I'm a character.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Back from the ring task and a wonderful lunch, what a day!

tt, I think the neighbors would think that's one smart neighbor they have to see you get that litter in the house via wheelbarrow!

Winter,  I can't imagine a better font, one that looks more like water.  Maybe if you bolded it and darkened the shade...?

Now in a hurry to do the daily chores, make something with the pumpkin I baked yesterday, and make dinner.  Ack!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT so glad you liked the site!

I'm having a busy day including 1700$ worth of repars to my car...yuck.  And a busy week too.  I'll be reading but maybe not posting much til next week.  Stay cool and safe all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

$1700?!  Ugh, sorry, hats!!  One thing or a plethora of repairs?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The GF pumpkin muffins are a gooey MESS.   Grrrrrr

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Tons of repairs - pump, brakes, this and that....

Gluten free recipes: http://www.mennonitegirlscancook.ca/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Hot night inside the house last night. hats, so sorry about the car repair bill.

- Darth Vadar

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Dr.'s appt. later this morning, so getting around fairly early.  Bacon and eggs with a split biscuit under the broiler.  Now if I could just do something with my hair!  Seems as tho the need for haircuts pop up sooner and sooner.

Bought what I thought was a moisturing cream yesterday and after I opened it up and was checking the directions, found it is a moisturing sunscreen.  Annoying.  I did stand there in the store reading the outside of the box too.  Oh well, it won't go to no use, just not the use I intended - don't think there is much sun overnight!  lol

How is the rest of the logo project coming along, Winter, the brochure etc. ?

Hats, sorry to hear the extent of the needed car repairs.  It sounds as tho you weighed whether to repair or replace and decided the car was worth putting that amount of money into.  Always a hard decision.  Would like to get right on G.T. site this morning, but since it's an eye appointment I have saving these baby blues so they'll be as strain-free as possible.

Again, Harry meandering out from a night of sleep under my shrub.  He did have breakfast this morning, and then went back to his sleeping place.  I'd have liked to sleep in a little longer this morning too, but I was woke up by adult yelling and child screaming coming from the house next door.  Windows closed (mine), shade down (mine), and still I could hear them.  Cannot imagine what that child goes through, and that that is the only way to handle him, difficult or not.  Case worker, one only now, is still going there weekly, so someone must be keeping an eye on things.

OK, off I go to double check on a couple of things I want to stop and check on on the way home after appt.  Hope you all have a good day.  I'll check in later.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning,

tt, that broiled breakfast sounds divine.  Something magical happens to buttered biscuits under the broiler.  How upsetting re your neighbors, tt - screaming and yelling cannot possibly help whatever ails them.  so many creams have spf, now, hard to find one without.  GL with your doc's appt and have fun while you're out there.

hats, sounds like a lot of odds and ends that will get everything in tip top shape.  $1700 doesn't sound so bad for all that, but it's a big hit, no doubt about it.

Pingo, any news of DS's Atlanta trip and possible visit?

making cheesecake today for party Saturday with DH's folks and sis.  And, probably more applesauce to can; the apples are piling up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Kargiver, that's what I thought it was, a moisturing cream that contained SPF.  No, it's a sunscreen, directions say to put on before going out into sun and replace every couple of hours.  Definitely meant as a sunscreen, not a night moisturing cream, which is what I wanted.   I agree that most products now contain the SPF, I know my Revlon makeup does.

Are you getting weary of the daily canning?

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ohhh, sorry, I misunderstood.  I like my night cream to be SPF-free, but have to admit I slack big time, anyway, in my nighttime skin, er, routine.

Actually, I enjoy canning so much, now, it hardly feels like work.  I gave a pint of applesauce and peach preserves to trips' dad yesterday, and it made me so happy; I know you know the feeling after working so hard on your personal gifts.  It just makes me want to have more and more on hand.  The new stove and the anti-fatigue mat both make it more of a joy than a painful process, too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, the brochure is coming along, but I don't want to finalize it yet until the professor has made her comments. She said they should all be done by Friday morning, I hope so since I don't want to have to wait until Saturday to do it. Kar, I'll take some applesauce please.

- Darth Vadar

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'll share if you can find your way here - you might be able to follow the apple scent. ;)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The eggplant for baba ganoush dip (an app for Sat) is roasted (so anyone using scent to find our house, go by that for now).  Now, back to S&S for ingredients for cheesecake, my FIL's favorite and (unmentioned but obvious) hope for dessert and for some GF crackers so DH can enjoy the baba g dip and Brie.  And, the rest of what has become a long list.  My dear SIL is quite the foodie and always treats us to a wonderful spread so I want to do the same.  I wonder if GF graham crackers are any good; if so, I can make the cheesecake safe for DH...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Sorry to hear about your car repairs, Hats. That is a good chunk of money, but hopefully your car will be as good as new (almost).
    Good luck at the eye doctor, tt. I thought you just went there a little while ago. Hope it is nothing serious this time.
    Kar, what time is dinner? Baba ganush, cheese cake (covered w/ some of your frozen berries?) or what ever you put together sounds divine. Does GF graham crackers exist? Maybe you could grind your spelt crackers, you make all the time.
    Spoke w/ UKS earlier. He is planning to come on Sat. 12th, stay over Sunday and leave Monday morning. Not very long, but we will take it. He told me not to arrange any family get togethers this time. All he wants to do is to relax and watch the Pats' game on Sunday.
    Off to the office I go. Have a good day everyone.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's great it's working out to see him, Pingo, and you'll get to relax and enjoy his being there, too, without it being a big family tado.

Dinner will be around 6, but everyone will be here noshing long before then so it isn't set in stone...whenever the turkey is done. :)

ok, I'm really leaving now for the store!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Back from the eye doctor (just a 6 month check up) and everything was super duper.  Stopped by CTS and bought a white kitchen island they have in this week's flyer.  I love it.  Will give me the extra storage I need.  So, decision, a hard one, has been made, to make the room off the kitchen into a dining room and get rid of the wicker furniture.  I've loved that room, but need the extra storage for bowls, etc.  That room will certainly get a lot more use as a dining room too.  Now to go back out table hunting, this time for a walnut to match the china closet and chest of drawers with marble top that is in there.  Hoping there's a redo of the room in my future first.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, I noticed that island. Very nice indeed. Aren't you glad you didn't find the kitchen table with the white legs? Everything happens for a reason. To find a dining table that matches walnut wood furniture should be much easier. I am excited on your behalf. I couldn't live w/o my dining room. We don't use it every day, but it is a nice thing to have, when company comes (and you know, I have plenty). Even though it is only casual dining.
    Can't believe it was 6 months ago, you had your last eye appointment. Felt to me like just recently. Glad to hear everything was "super duper".
    Sounds liek another very productive morning. What's for lunch?
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

typed a long reply - poof

You are probably thinking of the Humphries Field Test.  I had that done about 4 months ago, that's a yearly thing.

Really excited to be  planning a redo in the "dining room".  Have G.T. already keeping his eye out for an appropriate ceiling light.  Thinking I'll do the walls a dark cranberry or dark fern green.  Either will go well with walnut, and 1/2 of one wall is the slider, so plenty of light coming in.  Saw plenty of oblong walnut sets in Jordan's, but wasn't looking for either an oblong, or dark wood at that time.

Lunch was reheated brown rice concoction with a squirt of lemon, and I've taken the peach pie out of the freezer to thaw a bit for a celebratory slice!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

Sections
Shortcuts