Olive trees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Olive trees

Just about anything I grow in my indoor window boxes takes, no mattter how tropical the plant.

Have always have trouble growing olive trees, though. Not even a sprout. Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Olive trees

Maybe you need someone to offer you an olive branch - P

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Olive trees

Have you tried growing a saguaro cactus? That would be a challenge for you

Did you know out here in AZ it is against the law to destroy one. A protected species

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Olive trees

Ken,

I would understand those. I love them. Once wrote a tanka about them

-Dozer- Fair enough. Bushes, then.
    Pingo - I think it's me who has to extend the olive branch, after using the bad word in here a couple of weeks ago that some found offensive. So, I apologize for that. I was being silly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Olive trees

Reindeer, it was just a "pun"- I agree, you have always been nice to me, and I thank you for that. However, some of your wording was not for the public. You admit this - all forgiven - at least from me.
    Most Happy Holidays to you and your family and best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year - Pingo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Olive trees

And happy and healthy and safe to you and yours, pingo. Soon your entire family will be together :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeasyII. Show LeasyII's posts

Olive trees

Hey RG - sorry you're having difficulty with your olive tree - Are you trying to grow them inside? Olive trees are my favourite tree, but I think they only grow outdoors - if you live in NE it might be too humid and cold for it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Olive trees

I hear that it is hard to do. Also, pit must be from fresh, untreated olive, and seeds do not grow trees identical to their forebears (like apples.) See this link for discussion:

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/seed/msg1117474414900.html

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

Olive trees

Slightly OT --
    Ken - as a fellow Arizonian, I have to say that I would trade out my saguaro for an olive tree any day were it legal. Wish I could give someone my Peruvian Torch for that matter. It is getting huge and out of control over a walkway.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Olive trees

Circles
    What is a Peruvian TOrch

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Olive trees

Hi Ken,
    My curiosity got the best of me. Here is your Peruvian Torch (I don't think I want it) - Pingo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peruvian_torch

[Quote]Circles
    What is a Peruvian TOrch[/Quote]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Olive trees

I don't want it either. Now that I've seen it we have plenty of those out her. In the part of Phoenix I live in, Ahwatukee, the sides of all the streets are landscapeed with trees, bushes, flowers, cacti, you name it. It makes it kind of pretty though. But we have to pay an HOA to have them keep it up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Olive trees

[Quote]Hey RG - sorry you're having difficulty with your olive tree - Are you trying to grow them inside? Olive trees are my favourite tree, but I think they only grow outdoors - if you live in NE it might be too humid and cold for it.[/Quote]

Thank you for your enlightening reply, Leasyll. Yes, inside. ~sigh~

Your answer helped me much to figuring this out. Thanks again.

RG

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Olive trees

[Quote]I hear that it is hard to do. Also, pit must be from fresh, untreated olive, and seeds do not grow trees identical to their forebears (like apples.) See this link for discussion:

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/seed/msg1117474414900.html[/Quote]

Hats,

I thank you for kindly for the link. For the olives, but also because I am always looking for new gardening sites to add to my bookmarked pages.

RG

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Olive trees

[Quote]Slightly OT --
    Ken - as a fellow Arizonian, I have to say that I would trade out my saguaro for an olive tree any day were it legal. Wish I could give someone my Peruvian Torch for that matter. It is getting huge and out of control over a walkway.[/Quote]

Are saguaro a protected species, Circles?

Ken - I love the color of the Peruvian Torch. So pretty.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Olive trees

Yes, Saguaro ARE are protected plant, it's the state flower too.