Origin of the "Grilled Cheese Sandwich" euphamism, and why it's silly

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

Origin of the "Grilled Cheese Sandwich" euphamism, and why it's silly

Ok,
    I almost never read Love Letters but the few times I have readers are often referring to grilled cheese sandwiches. I kinda knew it was a euphamism for some sort of sex act, but it always makes me hungry to read aswell :)
    Anyhow after some google searching apparently its a euphamism for oral-sex. Why people can't just be adult about it and write this in their posts is WAY beyond me. It appears that this euphamism is pretty specific just for this column aswell, which is even more absurd!
    Anyone know why this term relates to the euphamism? I'd have thought "licking a lollypop" would be better or something else related to tongue action.
    Opinions? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Re: Origin of the "Grilled Cheese Sandwich" euphamism, and why it's silly

Meredith created the euphemism (correct spelling) shortly after she created her column. The paper doesn't let us use certain words, certain terms.

I feel your lollipop (correct spelling) tune is far more provocative, and a bit ancient, something my grandfather, a musician and sometimes-songwriter, would have written.

Frankly, I don't dig "grilled cheese," but it's Meredith's blog - and the paper has its rules.

Also, Meredith said the day she came up with the term, she was "in the mood for dairy."

So, there is the origin. Some like it, some don't. Meh - I find it nothing to get my dander up.

Fish taco for the opposite of grilled cheese.

As for real cheese on toasted bread, I don't dig that, either. Maybe with an olive tapenade ... .

Sections
Shortcuts