Page of Ads?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Page of Ads?

Is anyone else having problems when clicking onto Boston.Com, of the heading on Forum page appearing, but instead of the list of threads, several Ads by Google?  This happened to me a couple of times yesterday and again this morning.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Re: Page of Ads?

Hi tt -

I had problems the past two days but now they seem to have disappeared.  It took a long time to log in and when I clicked on a thread, there were several lines of text on the left side, partially obscuring each post. Couldn't access some pages at all.  I chalked it up to the change in format.   

mothermitzi

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Yes, things have changed again. Fortunately I have an "ad-ban" installed - so I don't see the ads. But lately it takes a lot of time to load up and log unto the forums.
    I am sure your IT-residents can help you out in that department. But I will ask my sons, which no-ad programs they used. I know there are several available.
    Also, I had trouble to just load up the pages. "Not available!" Anyone encountered that? And yesterday, the forums went wacky - lot of "garbage" printed over the threads. This disappeared later in the day though.
    Oh well, and I thought we were up and running smoothly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I get none of the things you ladies describe, just the Ads by Google.  I don't log out of my computer or Boston.Com.  I'm always logged in and just click on Boston.Com listed on my "favorites" when I want to check postings, or to post myself.  When it happened yesterday I thought the page must be busy with people posting, and that the ads were sort of time fill ins until it was clear again.  Today I had no trouble the first couple of posts, but then when I had been on another website and clicked back on, got the ads thing. Took several tries in and out before I actually got the threads.  Oh well, as long as others are running into some problems too, I don't feel it's just on my computer line.  Thanks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

I only saw one ad but experienced what pingo described. She explained it better than I did!  I hope we're not going down another rocky road.

Have a great day everybody.

mothermitzi 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

No no tt,
    It is not your computer. BDC may be changing something or cleaning up their server or something like that. Just imagine how many Giga bites are stored there. Everyone needs house cleaning once in a while.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm experiencing "freezing" now when I'm out and try to click in.  Deleted what I had as my click on and have gone in and have another I've saved now.  Guess I'll get off and go make Halloween cookies - Lilly is coming down this week-end.  Making cookies is more fun that getting exasperated with this today.  Talk later.  Thanks for both your input.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ladies - not to worry.
    I e-mailed my contact at BDC and she wrote me back that the forum company BDC subscribe to had a 4-minutes outage at their facility yesterday, and that is trickling down inconveniencing all of us. By now they will probably be up and running again full force.
    That's life, when one deals with technology. - P

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

This is the first I've been able to get in since I last posted.  Even ran both my spy/virus programs to be sure the "freezing" wasn't because of some Trojan I had picked up.

Anyway, cookies got made and are ready.  Had a drop in visit from G.T.'s friend tonight and we got talking about auras and feeling presences of people who had passed on.  She's such an interesting warm person.  Always loved her.

I'm hoping the trouble we experienced won't rear its ugly head when I try to reenter the Boards after clicking on another site.  Hate that freezing aspect.

Well, I'm off.  Goodnight.

Sections
Shortcuts