Personalized Christmas Stocking

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Does anybody know where I can buy a Christmas stocking in the Boston or north shore area and have it personalized in the store? You used to be able to go to the 5&10, buy a stocking and they'd write the name on the top. These days, I have no idea where to go. I googled it and could only find places to send away to. I'd like it for Christmas Eve. If anybody can help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

mothermitzi

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning mothermitzy,
    I envied you your walk in the common yesterday. Do they have the lights up? I heard that they may not do them this year to save cost. What a lovely balmy day we had - and now look at this morning. Soaking rain.
    As far as personalized stockings - the small stalls in the malls used to do them. When I had to add my DIL, I could not find any either, so I bought a plain stocking and a tube of glitter paint and did my own writing. Looks as good as the storebought ones.
    Our tree is up. We bought a new one this year - one with prestrung lights. Our old one is still in fairly good condition, but it has seen better years and has started to fade a bit. Mr. Pingo happily agreed - he is the one, who usually string the lights. I have to say, I can't be more pleased - and It took a lot less time to set it up.
    My dining table is again set up as "wrapping station". Wrapping paper, scissors, tape, ribbons etc. - and it will stay that way until Christmas eve. That way it is easy to go to, whenever one has a few extra minutes in btw. other things.
    The only thing I have not been able to do is my planter outside my front door. I usually cut "stuff" from my yard, stick it in the dirt and make a large arrangement. Maybe if we get another dry, warm day - I will be able to do it.
    Both boys will be here this Friday. My Dil will come on 23rd. Then it will be real Christmas - Pingo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi pingo -

Thanks very much for the mall tip. I never thought of that. After work, I'll walk through the Pru and see if I can find one. I also thought about just writing the name on the stocking myself and can do that if I have to.

There are lights on the Common - all white except for the Christmas tree on the Tremont side. Looks a little cold to me. I always liked the different colors. There are lights along the walkway in the Public Garden and on the bridge over the pond. It looks very nice. My favorite though is the light display along the Commonwealth Avenue Mall. The tree trunks are wrapped with lights and it looks lovely. There is a noticeable lack of shoppers this year - not surprising.

I put up a table top tree this year. We have a full size tree at my father's for Christmas Eve. I'm not having an open house at my place this year, so a small tree was easiest for me. My family will be with their in-laws. We trade off year to year. I have been baking up a storm, cookies mostly. My next project is a whiskey cake - my grandmother's recipe. It needs to be baked in advance and sit for a few days.

I will be at home for the next two days and plan to work on my project. I'll keep you posted. Good to hear from you!

mothermitzi

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshinemrs. Show sunshinemrs's posts

I'm not sure if this will help your stocking issue but Pottery Barn has them for about $20 and were surprisingly quick about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Thank you sunshine -

I looked at them online. I think I'm going to do what pingo did and get a glitter pen and write the name myself. My handwriting is pretty good!

Happy Holidays

mothermitzi

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

MM, I know you are having some "minor" procedure done. Best wishes ro you and my hopes all goes well.
    Btw. that Whisky cake sounds awfully good --- Yum!!
    - Pingo

[Quote]Hi pingo -

Thanks very much for the mall tip. I never thought of that. After work, I'll walk through the Pru and see if I can find one. I also thought about just writing the name on the stocking myself and can do that if I have to.

There are lights on the Common - all white except for the Christmas tree on the Tremont side. Looks a little cold to me. I always liked the different colors. There are lights along the walkway in the Public Garden and on the bridge over the pond. It looks very nice. My favorite though is the light display along the Commonwealth Avenue Mall. The tree trunks are wrapped with lights and it looks lovely. There is a noticeable lack of shoppers this year - not surprising.

I put up a table top tree this year. We have a full size tree at my father's for Christmas Eve. I'm not having an open house at my place this year, so a small tree was easiest for me. My family will be with their in-laws. We trade off year to year. I have been baking up a storm, cookies mostly. My next project is a whiskey cake - my grandmother's recipe. It needs to be baked in advance and sit for a few days.

I will be at home for the next two days and plan to work on my project. I'll keep you posted. Good to hear from you!

mothermitzi[/Quote]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

MM - Don't know if it's too late, but I was just at CVS and they were selling plain stockings, but they come with the glitter pen to personalize them. Merry Christmas!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi Everybody -

Princess, thanks so much for the tip. I ended up getting one at Walgreen's. Someone in the office had a red glitter pen and wrote the name at the top for me. I do appreciate you letting me know. I remember you mentioned you travel around to different houses at Christmas. The one plus to that is you don't have to stay home and cook! Thank goodness Christmas wasn't today. We'd all be housebound.

Pingo, I hope part of your brood has arrived. I see on the news that many are stranded in airports. I can't imagine anything worse! Six hundred flights cancelled at the NY airports alone. Sounds like you will have a great Christmas once everybody arrives.

My procedure on Wednesday turned into something more involved, although still not serious, thank goodness. However, I have had to be in bed or on the sofa. Today is the first day I am moving around. My SIL is stepping up to the plate and will handle the rest of the cooking
    for Christmas Eve. Luckily, I made the cookies ahead of time and one entree. I'm lucky to have her help.

I want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Happy Kwanza - whatever. If you celebrate it, you have my good wishes!

mothermitzi

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good Sunday morning mothermitzy,
    I sent you a post much earlier this morning. Apparently it never showed up. Is the boards playing games with us again?
    I am sorry to hear that your procedure was more involved that expected, but glad to hear it is not serious. Seems like you are on the mend - and at least you have these holidays to recuperate in. I hope you will make it to your fathers house on Christmas and that you will be the lady of leasure and let everyone else pitch in. Whenever you describe your family - it always sounds like you are the organizer and doer.
    My youngest son arrived from Japan Thursday. But my other son had to change his iteniary due to the storm and are now coming tomorrow - weather permitting. Have to drive to Manchester to get him - so hopefully this Sunday storm will be over and the roads clean. Treveling in the winter time is always a pain. He was hoping to come earlier to be able to spend some time with his brother.
    I am pretty well done with my Christmas preparations. Mr. Pingo and I spent yesterday afternoon doing my major grocery shopping. Now I just have to get the fresh veggies and dinner rolls on Tuesday.
    Well you take good care of yourself. Don't worry about your blog right now. Get a good book and just rest so you can be back in the swing sooner than later.
    Best to you and Merry Christmas to you and your family - Pingo

[Quote]Hi Everybody -

Princess, thanks so much for the tip. I ended up getting one at Walgreen's. Someone in the office had a red glitter pen and wrote the name at the top for me. I do appreciate you letting me know. I remember you mentioned you travel around to different houses at Christmas. The one plus to that is you don't have to stay home and cook! Thank goodness Christmas wasn't today. We'd all be housebound.

Pingo, I hope part of your brood has arrived. I see on the news that many are stranded in airports. I can't imagine anything worse! Six hundred flights cancelled at the NY airports alone. Sounds like you will have a great Christmas once everybody arrives.

My procedure on Wednesday turned into something more involved, although still not serious, thank goodness. However, I have had to be in bed or on the sofa. Today is the first day I am moving around. My SIL is stepping up to the plate and will handle the rest of the cooking
    for Christmas Eve. Luckily, I made the cookies ahead of time and one entree. I'm lucky to have her help.

I want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Happy Kwanza - whatever. If you celebrate it, you have my good wishes!

mothermitzi[/Quote]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi pingo -

I will keep my fingers crossed that all goes well for your son tomorrow. Isn't this weather crazy? Now they're predicting 50 degrees next week. In any event, you will all be together for Christmas. That's what counts.

I will definitely be going to my father's on Christmas Eve. I am very grateful to my SIL for picking up the slack. Ordinarily, I would have been over to check on my father, but his neighbor called me yesterday to tell me all is well. Hopefully, I will be able to go out tomorrow. As I said in another post, the IT guy is waiting on me now. I just haven't fell up to the task. Usually, I would be stir crazy being in the house this long, but I'm taking it easy, and that's not so bad. I'm going to watch the Pats game, and my neighbor is bringing me a bowl of chili and some barbecue. They brought me a book yesterday 'American Lion' about Pres. Andrew Jackson. They know I enjoy historical novels. They also shoveled me out yesterday. I am very blessed to have such thoughtful people in my life and that includes my Chat friends.

mothermitzi

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good evening mothermitzy,
    How is the patient doing? I am sure she must be glad the Pats won. But kind of a boring game. I almost felt sorry for the Cardinals - imagine coming from AZ and then play in a NE blizzard?
    You mentioned you like historical novels. Have you ever read The Emigrant Series, by Vilhelm Moberg? It is a serie of 4 books (The Emigrants, Unto a Good Land, The Settlers and The Last Letter Home) about the Swedish emigrants coming to America, their hardships and how they settled. The books are written from research by the author. I thought they were facinating. Anyone I have recommended them to loved them. Reading them I learned a lot about America's history. Just thought I would mention them.
    Ioo much snow again, I hope your neighbor still is kind. It doesn't look too good out there. Now worried about driving to Manchester airport tmw. Hope your crossed fingers will help. Thanks! - Pongo

[Quote]Hi pingo -

I will keep my fingers crossed that all goes well for your son tomorrow. Isn't this weather crazy? Now they're predicting 50 degrees next week. In any event, you will all be together for Christmas. That's what counts.

I will definitely be going to my father's on Christmas Eve. I am very grateful to my SIL for picking up the slack. Ordinarily, I would have been over to check on my father, but his neighbor called me yesterday to tell me all is well. Hopefully, I will be able to go out tomorrow. As I said in another post, the IT guy is waiting on me now. I just haven't fell up to the task. Usually, I would be stir crazy being in the house this long, but I'm taking it easy, and that's not so bad. I'm going to watch the Pats game, and my neighbor is bringing me a bowl of chili and some barbecue. They brought me a book yesterday 'American Lion' about Pres. Andrew Jackson. They know I enjoy historical novels. They also shoveled me out yesterday. I am very blessed to have such thoughtful people in my life and that includes my Chat friends.

mothermitzi[/Quote]