Pingo going on Hiatus!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Pingo going on Hiatus!

Friends,
    I learned that word from tt. Ha!
    As PAD day is coming up, I have decided to leave the Chat for a while. I have the villain on ignore, but I do not want to read your comments to him either. His posts are most embarrassing for me. So it is best for me to stay away from the Chat.
    I will be on today, but from tomorrow I will be 'elsewhere'.
    Wishing you all the best. Much love - Pingo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: Pingo going on Hiatus!

I understand completely, Pingo.  It's actually refreshing to drop off the boards now and then, with or without the incentive of ignoring bothersome posters.  We'll miss you.  Take care.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Should we all take Hiati?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: Pingo going on Hiatus!:
    Should we all take Hiati?
    Posted by icer

That's an individual decision - whether to do so, and if so, when.  I've taken mine now and then.  I just think it's important to let others know when you're deciding to do so, as Pingo has done, so the rest of us don't worry unduly.  You've let us know in the past, and  Putt has too.  These are only "boards", not our real lives. Just like we need a break from pesty relatives sometimes, so do we need a break now and then from other posters.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

To all board friends:

I think it's a shame that one or two spoil it for the rest..maybe it's time for mothermitzi's blog.  What do you think?

putt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My opinion:  you're all making a lot over nothing.  If you're read Thursby's latest posts on C.C., nothing has been posted that's at all dirty or even in the category of putting in an "email abuse" post to BDC.  They've installed the "ignore" button for all of us to use as we wish, and if his postings bother any that much then they should use it and indeed "ignore" them.  It's because that button is there that I posted my latest "rhyme" - I'm aware that should something be said about it that offends me, I now have the ability to put that poster on "ignore", and merrily go on my way, boring one and all with my latest ramblings.

I know this opinion will be not popular, but for Pete's sake, lighten up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi pingo -

I will miss you and already look forward to your posts when you return. I understand that it can be hurtful.  His/her "sense of humor" can be mean-spirited. The ignore button has worked well for me.  I never see any of it.  As I said before, out of sight, out of mind.

mothermitzi

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi tt -

I agree with most everything you posted except one tiny sentence about the Boards not being real life.  We may not be friends in the traditional sense, but we have dealt with some very real issues here.  I have been helped and hope I have helped some who were dealing with very real issues in their lives.

How I wish we had the ignore button last fall. Its function serves me well.  I'm not going anywhere for the time being and look forward to our chats when your hand allows it.

mothermitzi  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"These are only "boards", not our real lives."

My own quote and I stand by it, in that it should not matter that much what someone "on the boards" think of us.  It's those in our "real life" that matter. When I left for a period of time last year, it was not because of only one poster - I needed a break to get my perspective back, i.e. "These are only "boards", not our real lives."

An unpopular perspective, perhaps, but mine.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi tt -

I see.  Guess I misunderstood the meaning of your quote.

mothermitzi

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

"These are only boards, not our real lives.".well, let me tell all my board friends that although we have never met, I feel we have helped each other tremendously over the years..illness, death, sickness, marriage, fun times, and sad times..I turned to CC for help.  You hurt, I hurt.. pingo is upset, so am I.   Lighten up! Not me!  Sorry, but I will take the hiatus with pingo.

putt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'll miss you.

Sections
Shortcuts