Poll..Yae or Nay to the New Forum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Poll..Yae or Nay to the New Forum

Icer says Yae

Although, I have had a hard time navigating some of the features..You know... the big water lily debokal(can't wait to hit the spellcheck) I find that my "kick the tires " portion of the forums has been more than satisfactory

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

Re: Poll..Yae or Nay to the New Forum

Overall, it's okay, but load times are frustrating.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Hello Circles...I think that was my problem with the lily to tell you the truth. I didn't think it went through because of the load times.Laughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Pingo say yea too!

I had a bit of trouble in the beginning, but I guess it with everything else - one just has to get used to use it. I managed on my own to both place my avatar and insert a picture, and that is a feat by an old lady like me. And I love the spell check. So all in all I like the new forum. Smile

Circles, your avatar can only be your candles. It also reminds me of the 5 olympic rings.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I see the candles now...I thought it was buckets of paint,but now I see the wicks

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

old, new, makes no difference. At least i was able to post an avatar, which I could not do before.  But they still need email notification. I shall never be totally satisfied without that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I'm finding it pretty acceptable...which is actually high praise for me!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm not trying to do anything fancy here, I haven't really tried any of the new features, but I think it's a heck of a lot better as far as timeframe of posts appearing.  Would like to be able to come in automatically wherever my last post was.  As it is now I click on the last page and scroll down.  Am I missing something I should be doing?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

No tt, you are not missing anything - I do the same. On the old - well second old - forum, one could click "last" and it would take you to the last post - not the last page. But this is so much better, so I will deal with it.
    I like so see how the messaging works - so I will try to send you a message. Ok? Maybe that is where our e-mail addy is hidden. - Pingo

[QUOTE]I'm not trying to do anything fancy here, I haven't really tried any of the new features, but I think it's a heck of a lot better as far as timeframe of posts appearing.  Would like to be able to come in automatically wherever my last post was.  As it is now I click on the last page and scroll down.  Am I missing something I should be doing?
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh well, you have to accept me as a friend, before I can send you a mesage.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

[QUOTE]Oh well, you have to accept me as a friend, before I can send you a mesage.
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

hee hee  I thought she already was your friend.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Oh well, you have to accept me as a friend, before I can send you a mesage.

Done - but I don't see any "secret message"!
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]I'm finding it pretty acceptable...which is actually high praise for me!
    Posted by Ihavemyhats[/QUOTE]

Hats, where did you ever find that pic?  I LOVE it!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fruitsalad. Show fruitsalad's posts

So these boards have been down lately?  That would explain why so many threads haven't been updated for 20 or 30 days.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Maybe I need a secret decoder ring or special 3D glasses, because I don't see any "secret" post to me anywhere, Pingo.  Where does it come up?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, I am not sure how this is working at all. I tried to send you a message through your profile, but I got a prompt that you have to accept me a a "friend" first. Will try again --- Argh!!!

[QUOTE]Maybe I need a secret decoder ring or special 3D glasses, because I don't see any "secret" post to me anywhere, Pingo.  Where does it come up?
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Now, I sent you a message!
    I think you have to go into your profile to read it. However, I am not sure this is the same as when we could e-mail each other secretly. The prompt says everyone will be able to read the message. So why not just post. I don't understand why they included this feature. Maybe I am missing something -----

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

You all are my friends!

QUOTE]hee hee  I thought she already was your friend.
    Posted by Ken1935[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Maybe that part isn't up and working yet.  I checked my regular email to see if BDC forwarded a message there, but no.  As long as they don't give anyone my email address, it's OK.  If they do, I'll have to kill that person and then change my email address which I love.

I see your above post, so I'm looking - - - - -

My response didn't post here, so I assume it went to your profile?  Too many curves and angles for me.  Unless you have some really juicy thing to tell me about, let's use the regular board.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Hi everyone

The new board doesnt seem any different to me, honestly.  I'm just frustrated that I cannot figure out how to do the avatar.  Even my computer literate kids have no idea.  I have a picture in my email that would be great but, so far, no luck.

Will keep trying - I'm just happy to be able to post.

Enjoy your night.

putt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Putt,

If I had watched my son I could tell you what he did.  I know he saved the pic I wanted and then went into my profile page, clicked on something, and it appeared there.  Maybe he copied and pasted it?  He was moving so fast I couldn't see what he was doing.  Perhaps someone on the boards could explain it to you step by step, or you could put in a plea to BDC.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I found my avatar picture in Google Images.  If you are not familiar with it, it is a section of google that you can search to find pictures only.  When you go to Google, look in the upper right hand corner, and click on 'Images."  I then entered "hats"   When I found a picture I liked, I right clicked, and saved the image to "My Pictures" folder.

To add it as my "avatar" I clicked on "Edit Profile" in the top right corner.  Then had to click on "Edit Profile" again.  Click on the avatar picture.  Click the "browse" button to the right of the avatar picture, navigate to "My Pictures," bring up the desired photo, and click on open.  That was it, hope Putt can do it now....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My DIL happened to call a few minutes ago and I asked her what my son had done.  He had saved the picture and put it in my picture folder, then gone to the profile page and clicked on browse, back to open the picture folder and clicked and it appeared as the avatar and hit save.  Hope that helps.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Thanks so much for all the help!  Stay tuned!

putt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks so much for all the help!  Stay tuned! putt
    Posted by putt1[/QUOTE]

We're waiting and watching - - - - -

Sections
Shortcuts