Searching for Pingo's tomato bisque

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Searching for Pingo's tomato bisque

I think I have all the stuff

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: Searching for Pingo's tomato bisque

Thanks for asking Icer. Makes me want to make it for guests this Saturday. Here it is just for you:

- Sauté in olive oil 1 large onion chopped with a pinch (or to taste) of crushed red pepper.
    - Add 4 large tomatoes, chopped (if no fresh tomatoes canned diced can be used), 1/2 of a large fennel bulb chopped, 1 peeled and chopped large potato (Yukon Gold preferred) and 1 large peeled and chopped carrot.
    - Add chicken or veggie broth to cover (or water with a couple of bullion cubes), 2 Tbs. lemon juice and 1 teasp. crushed thyme.
    - Simmer for 20 - 30 minutes until veggies are cooked. Cool down and puree in blender in batches.
    - Pour back in pot and add salt and pepper to taste - plus a few Tbs. of fresh basil cut in strips. If too thick add more broth or water. Can be made a day ahead and kept refrigerated. Just heat up and serve.
    A sprinkle of cream on the top plus some more fresh basil makes it special.

ETA. If you don't have fresh basil you can use the dried, crushed one - but then add it to simmer with the rest of the stuff. As for the greenery when serving, I once used finely cut romaine lettuce (I called it my "pretend basil" ha! - it is really just for show anyway). You can also use fresh tarragon, if you have that growing.
    I served this soup last year for Christmas - heating it up in my crockpot, so people could help themselves ladling it in mugs. That kept them busy, while I was getting everything on the table. It was such a hit - for them as well as for me. Thinking of pumpkin soup for TG.

In Response to Searching for Pingo's tomato bisque:
    [QUOTE]I think I have all the stuff
    Posted by icer[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Re: Searching for Pingo's tomato bisque

In Response to Re: Searching for Pingo's tomato bisque:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for asking Icer. Makes me want to make it for guests this Saturday. Here it is just for you: - Sauté in olive oil 1 large onion chopped with a pinch (or to taste) of crushed red pepper. - Add 4 large tomatoes, chopped (if no fresh tomatoes canned diced can be used), 1/2 of a large fennel bulb chopped, 1 peeled and chopped large potato (Yukon Gold preferred) and 1 large peeled and chopped carrot. - Add chicken or veggie broth to cover (or water with a couple of bullion cubes), 2 Tbs. lemon juice and 1 teasp. crushed thyme. - Simmer for 20 - 30 minutes until veggies are cooked. Cool down and puree in blender in batches. - Pour back in pot and add salt and pepper to taste - plus a few Tbs. of fresh basil cut in strips. If too thick add more broth or water. Can be made a day ahead and kept refrigerated. Just heat up and serve. A sprinkle of cream on the top plus some more fresh basil makes it special. In Response to Searching for Pingo's tomato bisque :
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

Perfect...You have made our day...