September 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: September 2011

How are you feeling tonight, Kargiver?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What a fabulous time, Pingo - so happy for you and your family, thanks for sharing.  And, admittedly, I'm a bit jealous that Oye's isn't close enough for us to frequent.  All that Asian cuisine makes my mouth water!  Glad you packed so much wonderful visiting and good eats in. :)

tt, thanks for asking; I'm not feeling so hot, but am better than this morning so probably will be OK by tomorrow.  Maybe a 24 hour bug?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Was anyone up there sick this week-end?  Could have been something you ate too.  Hope you feel better tomorrow.  Try a little rice tonight.  It's a comfort food when you're sick, feels good in your stomach.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I didn't get sick until today so maybe others are, too, but if so I haven't heard.  DH isn't, thankfully.  Rice sounds pretty good...thanks for suggesting it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi Everybody -

Hope you managed to stay dry today.  Good day for the ducks.  Another long one for me.  

tt, went to the doctor first thing this morning. X-rayed my foot and the bone is almost healed. That was good news.  There is some inflammation and signs of arthritis, probably due to a stress fracture I suffered years ago during my running days. All this was aggravated by the break I'm sure. Told me again to stay off it as much as possible and ice it.  Did that tonight and it feels better.  I guess I'm at a time in my life when these old injuries are going to start bothering me.  

winter, loved the joke!  When we bought this house, the washer and dryer were on a platform.  That made me wonder if there was a history of water, but I've only had it once in 40 years.  That was enough!

pingo, glad the time with your family was memorable.  Nice that they'll be here for Thanksgiving, which is not that far away.  The Japanese place sounds good.  I'll have to remember it if I'm out that way.

mothermitzi

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Glad you had your foot checked out, MM, and that he feels it is coming along as it should.  From reading your posts, he would know that his idea of staying off it as much as possible, and yours, are quite different!  It's hard when you're working and on the go with family things, but maybe now you will be able to really rest it up this week-end - - - you haven't got more plans, have you?

Kargiver, how are you feeling this morning?  Hope it was just a 24 hour thing and you're on the mend.

Winter, because in the Spring thaw I always get some water at the base of the basement door, when I had a new oil burner installed, I had them put cinder blocks under the four corners, lifting it up off the floor just enough so as not to worry.

I'm up and at em at an early time (5:30) this morning, so want to take advantage of the morning energy and package and freeze some of the meats I bought yesterday and empty out the dishwasher.  Chatted with friends last night, so am feeling a bit less like a pariah.  One has even agreed to meet for lunch tomorrow, pending what report is today!

Enjoy your day, ladies.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

G'morning! :)

I don't know what ailed me, but I'm 90% "back" today, thanks!

mm, that's great your bone is healing properly, and maybe like tt said your plans are such that you can take it easy for a few weeks.

tt, catching up with friends is such a boost, isn't it?!  Hope your lunch plans come to fruition, too.

Today I'll be making pumpkin puree, and it needs to drain overnight before use so tomorrow it will become pumpkin bread.  It will smell like Fall in here...

We have a river in our driveway after major downpours all night.  But, no problems, thank God.  Thinking of all of you and hoping the same.  Winter, how is the laundry area this morning???

I also need to go to Petco and TJs, and will probably take Gracie.  She's getting stronger every week, and we can see the light at the end of the surgery tunnel when all her restrictions will be lifted.  2 more months before she can play fetch.  Not sure who will be happier, her or DH.

It's amazing how much goes to pot in one day on the couch.  So much to do!

Have a great day, everyone - stay dry!

~kar

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

There's no one but you there days, how can things go to pot?

Glad you are feeling better.

I'm freezing this morning, haven't looked at the indoor temp, but bet it's down in the 50's.  Had a nice breakfast, ordered cookie cutters (finally), cut out coupon in the hope I'll get to Michael's today, but still haven't taken care of yesterday's meat purchases that need to be divided and frozen.  Really thinking of what I can bake for an excuse to put the oven on and heat up the house!  Made a decision of what cookies I'll make for baby shower - will stick with what I'm comfortable with, gingerbread bears with blue piping bowties.  A decorator, I'm not, so scrapped the idea of decorated sugar cookies.  The mom to be loves gingerbread men, so that's what I'll do, only a cute little bear cutter I'm ordering.

Hope you ladies that had to go out in this to work got there fairly dry, tho if it's raining as hard as it is here, I don't know how.  Has poured since I got up at 5:30.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Hope everyone is one the mend this morning. How is the itching, tt? Improving or still as bad? Hope you hear from your doc soon, so you don't have to wait all day.
    mm, I agree with tt. Your doc's idea and yours of staying off your foot is not the same. Good that it is at least improving. I know, this is a busy time for you with all the students moving in and out - so I am sure you have been on it a lot more, that the good doc expected you to be.
    Hopefully Kar will check in and tell us, she is feeling better. A stomach bug can really drain you.
    Winter, son will be moving right after Christmas. When he accepted the job, January seemed so far away, but now it feels too close. Especially after the great weekend, we had together. But he is excited and we are happy for him. It is such a fantastic opportunity for him. We oldies just have to deal with it. And truly England it not further away than CA, where he went to school for 6 years or Japan, where he spent almost a year.
    It is "drumming" on the skylight above me. Sounds like we are going to have a very wet day. And cold it is - only 55 degrees around here. Yesterday I was frozen at the office, so no more sandals. Sox and shoes it will be from now on.
    Stay warm amd dry today - Pingo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Well the washer finally came, it came an hour after the time window.  We had to wash the washer...lol.  It seems louder then we thought it would and takes longer for a load, but they smelled fresh and clean.  I did two loads and will do more tonight.

mm, glad to hear that your foot is coming along.  Kar, glad you are feeling better.  tt, glad you have lunch plans, I hope you are able to go.  

AFM, my son has made the Jr, High Choir (5-8 grade) and they sing at the 8am Mass every Thursday.  I was able to go for 20 minutes and they were wonderful.  I even teared up when they started.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

AFM, my son has made the Jr, High Choir (5-8 grade) and they sing at the 8am Mass every Thursday.  I was able to go for 20 minutes and they were wonderful.  I even teared up when they started

That is so nice.  I always tear up at church music, and when the little kids had their moving up ceremonies at OLA and sang - OMG, son wouldn't even look at me!  Those sweet little voices.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, it wouldn't go to pot if it were just me, but it's me and Gracie.  She sheds constantly, tracks paw prints on the wood floors, gets her wet nose on the windows and French doors, etc.  I managed to make a mess in the kitchen for DH's meals yesterday even baking crackers to go with the eggplant spread.  And, last but not least, DH can make a mess in the few hours he's home, believe me, lol.

Pingo, you may have missed my first post of the morning - I'm alive and mostly well, thanks! :)  Yup, cold and raining here, too, although, I've been wearing socks and shoes for about a week, now...sigh, Summer is over.

Winter, you must be so proud of your son, and that's great you can catch some of their singing on a weekday morning.  I was in all the choirs growing up; my mom always cried, too. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm sure my mom cried when I was in the choir as well.  I had to sneak out of the Mass, though, but I needed to get to work.  tt, I'm sure when my mom sees him she will cry as well. If my son saw me I'm sure he'll tease me later, but I was at the back of the church so I think I'm safe.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sorry, I forgot how different dogs are - with Cheerio, her only mess is fur she leaves on her various sleeping spots during her long boring day!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ah, yes.  That would be nice!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning,

Wow it was pouring when I left this morning and still is.  Thank God I didn't wait to long for the bus but was still pretty wet when I got in.  I find I have to turn on the lights now in the morning when I get up : (  Amber looked at me this morning like I was crazy!  Glad you are feeling better Kar.  The only mess I get is from the cats like tt, with their fur.  Constantly using the lint roller and sweeping.  Amber has hair, not fur, so no shedding.  I gave my house such a good cleaning last weekend.  Love it when it is done.  I have things I need to put in my storage in the cellar.  Project for this weekend after I get my hair done Saturday morning.  Winter, how sweet about your son.  I would have cried for sure.  Well I hope everyone stays dry today.  Chat later..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sauce simmering, sausage cooking, house smells so good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, are you trying to torture me..... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: September 2011:
    [QUOTE]tt, are you trying to torture me..... 
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

Yessssss -

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

it's working wonderfully....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, man, it's working on me, too.  I didn't eat yesterday or this morning and am ravenous.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

On the Pets thread we were talking about cats talking - Cheerio's howling out there in the kitchen this morning.  I keep answering her telling her, "I'm in here, don't cry."  Went out to stir the pot a minute ago, and now I know what she's howling about, it isn't me she's looking for - I had given  her a little chunk of the hamburg when I was freezing it, and she's sitting by her dish howling for more!  We wont' tell them that on the Pets thread tho.

Now I have to decide between bread pudding, brownies, or maybe a banana bread for the oven - Hmmmmmm

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

That Cheerio is one smart cookie! I love banana bread and use to make it when DD was little.  Now I want some.  tt, your killing me!!  LOL!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, that brings so many memories back. Both our boys were in choirs. At school and at our church. I know exactly, how you must have been feeling this morning.
    Oldest son had a beautiful and strong voice and sang many solos. It was suggested to us several times to have it professional trained. But both DH and I was in agreement, that we didn't want him to be in the lime light. Not only would it require many, many hours of practise and take him away from other activities (sports, playing w/ friends, boy scouts etc.). We wanted him to have a normal upbringing, and denied all the offers. Today we know, we made the right decision then.
    But it was great, while it lasted. It taught them discipline and team work. Congratulations to you and your son - Pingo

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Man tt what time is lunch I'll be over.  You're making me hungry.  I have left over meatloaf and scalloped potatoes for lunch.  I even bought extra bananas Sunday with the hope of making Banana bread this weekend.

Thanks Pingo, my son's school has a musical every Spring and my son was in the Chorus and had a few solos this past April.