September 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: September 2011

("Both DH and I were in agreement," Pingo.  A couple is singular, but referencing the two people in the couple makes it plural.  It would be the same as if you'd said, "We were in agreement."  You wouldn't think of saying "We was in agreement," right?  You can always test the verb by replacing the subject with its pronoun like "we" instead of "DH and I" and see what sounds better, the singular or the plural.)

I was also encouraged to go into music professionally, and I'm glad I didn't.  What a hard road with no guarantee of ending up on solid career ground.  My brother played for a famous musician for 2 world tours, and is now playing in San Fran's "Wicked."  It's not all fun and glamour, for sure.

tt, Cheerio is adorable.  Dogs and cats are more alike than I thought. ;)

Speaking of dogs, though, we're heading to TJs and Petco.  Have a good afternoon, everyone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

In Response to Re: September 2011:
    [QUOTE]Sauce simmering, sausage cooking, house smells so good.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

Add me to the list of tortured souls, too.  This sounds so warm and yummy on a dreary day.  I want to run right over with a slice of scali bread!

There is hope though - the weekend forecast looks great!  Sunday I am taking Jax to the Angell Memorial walk on the common and it is supposed to be sunny and 70ish.  Perfect for canine kalooping!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

12:30, Winter.  We can watch the Y&R while we eat.

Decided on your delicious banana bread.  Have some dried apricots and would have liked to make a bread using them, but don't have any o.j. in house and it needs the extra flavoring.

Just went through the humungous baggie of cut out recipes I have, and weeded out quite a few that have been in there and never tried.  Layered them in their own categories.

Oh, and for lunch I thought we'd have the pasta, sauce and sausage.  I was making it up to freeze in batches, but it smells too good not to have a meal now.  -- Enjoy your lunches, everyone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks my friend for the lesson. I struggle sometimes, but when you explain it, it sounds so right and easy.
    Just for you, who were not aware of this - I did ask Kar to please correct my English. Not born and growing up here, I am aware I make a lot of mistakes. Even after 40 some years, I am still learning - Pingo

[QUOTE]("Both DH and I were in agreement," Pingo.  A couple is singular, but referencing the two people in the couple makes it plural.  It would be the same as if you'd said, "We were in agreement."  You wouldn't think of saying "We was in agreement," right?  You can always test the verb by replacing the subject with its pronoun like "we" instead of "DH and I" and see what sounds better, the singular or the plural.) I was also encouraged to go into music professionally, and I'm glad I didn't.  What a hard road with no guarantee of ending up on solid career ground.  My brother played for a famous musician for 2 world tours, and is now playing in San Fran's "Wicked."  It's not all fun and glamour, for sure. tt, Cheerio is adorable.  Dogs and cats are more alike than I thought. ;) Speaking of dogs, though, we're heading to TJs and Petco.  Have a good afternoon, everyone.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

That is commendable Pingo.  You should see what some people write in emails.  It is appalling and these are college educated higher ups in this company.  Not even people who are born here have the command of the english language or spelling, so you do great in my eyes. Wink

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, that lunch sounds fantastic.  My son has asked me to make meatballs so I will be doing that this weekend. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

All the talk on the boards about meatloaf (was it last week?) made me buy a large bulk of hamburg.  Divided it into some for meatloaf and individual patties.  Have to eat up my chicken ala king before I think of that tho.  The rest of the sauce and sausages I'll freeze in ind. packets.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I had meatloaf last night and will for lunch soon. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

I made meatloaf last week when I actually had time to cook for poor DH.  Lunch for me was vegetable sushi.  Yummy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Still thinking bread pudding, so may make that yet for dessert tonight.  Getting grey again, and feels damp.  Don't know that I'll go out, may wait until morning. The energy and enthusiasm definitely starts to wane in the afternoon.

ETa :  Wahoo - look at my avatar back on my posting a couple of blocks!  yup, didn't want you to know, but that's me!

Oh drat!  It's gone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I agree, Pingo does superbly, and I would never dream of correcting, but, as she mentioned (thank you, Pingo!), she asked me to.  Glad to help if that's your desire; I truly enjoy teaching anyone who asks.

Mm, more talk of sushi, prin-cal - I miss it.  Maybe I'll make myself some if TJs has nori wraps.  I'm sure they have sushi rice and rice vinegar.  Meatloaf is another kargiver household fav.  We'd all fare very well at a CC potluck. :)
    Haven't make it to TJs yet.  Went into town for lunch with Gracie first, and had to stop home when I realized my DH has the GPS in his car.  I could probably make it, but don't feel confident enough to set out without looking at the map first.

So, back out I go; Gracie asked to go in her crate so I guess she can stay and take a nap.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Morning all, hope you are all staying dry.....sure is damp in the house, I'm going to make some hermits and try to warm the house a bit!!  Never knew why our washer and dryer were up on a block!!  There was no pump in the basement when we bought this place..... (bet there used to be) was woken up this AM by a screeching noise, the alarm on my pump was going off, called the waterproofing co., they wanted me (with my breathing problem) to go up and down stairs to check this and that, my daughter did, come to find out when they were here on 8/29 their service person forgot to re-plug the pump in!!  What if we had gone away and the pump alarm went off? My daughter told them to find out who did our service call and either repremand him or fire him!!  Cost $215.00 for them to check out things every year!! ss

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

tt, Hope your rash is better.  Loved the puzzle/rooster joke, I'm still laughing. Finally got my hair cut, now all I have to do is shake my head and it falls into place, nothing lazy about me!!  Went to Best Cuts, which is now Super Cuts, their prices used to be Best, but they too, are now Super!!! Went to yard sale on 9/5, found a cute pair of rag doll salt and pepper shakers, they have rhine-stones for eyes.  Real cute....and also 6 more books.  Take care, ss

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

You guys are making me crazy with all this delicious food talk!  DD is coming over and having pizza with me tonight, don't feel like coooking.  Kar, I find it commendable that Pingo is willing to improve her vocabulary as so many people don't care too. That is all I was saying.  I know she asked you to a long time ago and it is nice of you to do that.  Hope you didn't take my post to Pingo the wrong way.  No offense intended : ) 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, guys, I don't know a heck of a lot more than I did before.  Test showed it most likely was something external, as the plant.  Keep on with the cream.  Put a call into my own doctor to see what he wants me to do re the Prednisone which is now gone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Forgot to mention it before, but it popped into my head as I hope to have time tonight after dinner at friend's to setup/play with it - I got a kindle for my birthday (and a cover with, of course, a dog on it).  Winter, you have one, right?  Easy set up? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Serious tt??  That could be so many things.  Can they do scratch tests?  I have heard of those, but not sure if they can help.  So sorry you are going through this, it must be so frustrating..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I asked him, so where do I go from here?  He seemed quite satisfied with just knowing it probably was external.  Of course you know how it is, as soon as you hang up you have all these questions, like - how long does it usually take for something like this to run it's course - why is it spreading from just my arm?  Am I spreading it by scratching and then touching another place on my body?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Maybe time for a second opinion tt?  Your questions are valid and just knowing it is external is certainly not a solution. The fact it is spreading is worrisome and I'm not a doctor.  Can you call his office and ask for him to call you?  My doctor is wonderful with that. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Novem, yes it's quite easy.  I got my Kindle on Christmas, two after my knee surgery and even with the pain meds I was on I was able to set it up :).  You are going to love it.  What does the case look like? tt, sorry you  don't know anything more, what a pain in the you know what. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sorry to hear, tt - that you didn't get a definite answer. I had the scratch test done, and it did help my doc and I to focus in on, what I was allergic to. I also went through the food elimination test, even though I knew for sure, it was the eggplant. He wanted to know, if there were other food allergies, since they rarely come alone. Green and red bell peppers, which I love, I can only eat in moderation, but hot peppers doesn't bother me, while eggplant, I can't touch. I cook it sometimes for DH, but I always use gloves.
    One thing you may not be aware of. One can sometimes suddenly develop allergies to a thing/product one has had or touched a million times before w/o  problem. And then one day, wham!
    Last evening's news reported that the pollen allergies has come about one months earlier than usual this year, and more people are suffering, because they still wear shorts, sandals and short sleeves out doors. Waiting a month, we are all more or less covered up again, and contact allergies would be minimized. Not that it is going to help you any now, but it does make sense.
    Did the dermatologist consider Sumac or Poison Ivy at all?
    Hope your PCP can do something for you and you will feel better soon.
    - Pingo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I have a call into my doctor's office for blood work results anyway, and need to know whether he wants me to go on another session of prednisone.  I'm sure in a day or two he'll have a full report from dermatologist.  I'll ask him my questions.  It started 2 weeks ago tomorrow, and google said that other plants such as poison ivy, run their course in about 2 weeks.  See what Monday brings.

In the meantime, I'll try to forget about it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Well, that's a bummer, tt. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Well, that's a bummer, tt. 
    Posted by Novembride[/QUOTE]

Yup, it sure is.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]("Both DH and I were in agreement," Pingo.  A couple is singular, but referencing the two people in the couple makes it plural.  It would be the same as if you'd said, "We were in agreement."  You wouldn't think of saying "We was in agreement," right?  You can always test the verb by replacing the subject with its pronoun like "we" instead of "DH and I" and see what sounds better, the singular or the plural.)Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Subjects joined by the conjunction "and" are almost always plural

Period:)