September 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: September 2011

Oh, good grief, Ache, what are you doing on this thread right now when we're in the midst of my "rash' discussion.  I forget you scroll through here.  Now I won't be comfortable discussing this any further.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Subject/verb agreement issues always take precedence, tt:)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That's the end, ladies.  Don't ask me any more ever about this.  Tend to forget all the prying eyes that read our posts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hi Ache,

How have you been?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hi Ache.  Nice to hear from you this afternoon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

My work is done here for the day, trumpet

Feel free to discuss whatever you like

Best of luck with your rash... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, amber!
    Hi, Bride-y!

I'm fine. Thank you

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Go away.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Amber, I wasn't offended, but I do feel awfully strange correcting anyone "in public" - I feel like it makes me look like a grammar-crazy b____, lol.

Ache, you said it more succinctly than I did, as usual.  "And" is a good giveaway, indeed, to plurality.  Where have you been, anyway?

2 sugar pumpkins are baking...then to the strainer to rid them of strings and then to sit overnight to drain before I can make bread tomorrow.  DH is gung ho about growing our own and making our own puree, but, honestly, I don't see the point - the canned is perfectly good pumpkin.  Oh, well - why not.

~kar

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Thx Winter.  I am excited, although I don't knwo what time I'll get hoem tonight - it might have to wait until the weekend.  The cover looks like a cover of the New Yorker magazine, and has a little dog on it, as littlest niece pointed out and my mother confirmed (Yes, I picked it because of the dog).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

----I do feel awfully strange correcting anyone "in public" - I feel like it makes me look like a grammar-crazy b____,---

That is exactly why I wanted everyone here to know, that I was the one, who asked you to do so. New Chatters have joined, and they may think, "What is that Kar trying to do?" LOL
    Anyway, thanks both Kar and Ache. - Pingo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks for thinking of me and knowing I'd be sensitive to that.  You're such a sweetie!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Friends, I have a very big favor to ask you. Just got off the phone w/ my TX son. Texas is burning and the Wild Fires have reached San Antonio. They are so worried. The major fires have been contained, but there are still plenty flare-ups. And the smoke and ashes are killing them. 30 miles away is nothing in a situation like this.
    Could you please send good thoughts and a small prayer for my son and his Texan family. Believe me, Texas has never seemed this far away.
    Thanks - Pingo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hi Pingo - your son and family will be in my thoughts and prayers tonight.  How scary. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

In Response to Re: September 2011:
    [QUOTE]Hi Pingo - your son and family will be in my thoughts and prayers tonight.  How scary. 
    Posted by princess-cal[/QUOTE]

Ditto -

mothermitzi

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Absolutely, will do.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Pingo, My thoughts and prayer tonight for your family. You must be so frightened.bg

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Had shut off the computer early last night, so didn't see your post until this morning, Pingo.  What a worry.  They're certainly in my thoughts and prayers, as are you and your husband.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

How do things in morning's light look for TX, Pingo?  

Things in our town center were under water, too - the library was engulfed, and the fire department was pumping it out all afternoon.  It was a huge operation with apparatus everywhere.  Gracie was highly interested, and we walked over to the joy of the police officer directing traffic and the gentleman asking him for directions.  Everywhere we go there's someone who thanks me for allowing them to interact with her many times admitting she "looks just like" their long lost lab...it's sad, but they seem to enjoy the opportunity to reminisce over her.

I've got an errand to run north of Boston this morning, an hour and a half drive.  I'd like to make the pumpkin bread this morning, but that would require a quick hop to (as my Gramma always said) so not sure it's gonna happen.  Still enjoying my cuppa.

Oh, and Gracie split a nail last week when I caught her toe on the sliding screen door, and last night it got caught on something (not in my presence) and ripped almost all the way off.  Her quick is completely exposed, the poor thing, and the nail is hanging off the side, hitting the floor when she walks and hurting her.

Off to the races.  So much to do today.  First on the list, another call to the vet.

~kar

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, your family is also in my thoughts and prayers.  Kar, poor Gracie, I hope her nail is ok.  Will you cut it off so it's not hanging or do you need to take her o the vet?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Pingo,

Your family will be in my prayers.  Texas is going through such a tough time.  Kar, I hope Gracie will be ok.  I know that HAS to hurt. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Summer is over, so time to change the avatar - again.  I'll put Lake Winnie away until next year.

Have you heard any more from your son, Pingo?  I didn't catch any of the morning news yet, so not sure what the latest is on getting the fires under control.

Chilllly. I went upstairs and brought down my good old comfortable winter bathrobe to slip into this morning.  Glad to see the rain has stopped so I will get out for a few errands.

Doubt G.T. will be down this week-end, but just in case, when I was sorting out the recipes in my baggie yesterday, pulled out your chicken/spinach, Pingo, to try if they do come.  I see it has cream of chicken soup - do you dilute that at all, or just use it as it comes out of the can, and mix with the sour cream?  I know they will like it.  Also pulled out a salad recipe SS  had sent me that is really different and another I know they'll enjoy.  Otherwise, I have plenty made for myself, with the chicken ala king and now the sauce and sausages.  Definitely making the bread pudding today.

Pour Gracie, Kargiver.  She's under a black cloud these past few months, it seems.  You've a long drive ahead of you this morning.  Will she go with?

Bg, how does it feel to be settled in your new place?

ETA:  Oh yeah, Cheerio wants to know how the "boys" are, Amber.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, love the new picture.  Of course because it is Cheerio!  It is going to hit 80 today and it is a bit humid already.  I wore a coat in of course, so will have to carry it home.  This time of year, I don't know what to wear to work half the time.  Any chance if you have time tt, you can share the salad recipe?  I love salads. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'll have to take her to the vet if I can't clip the nail myself - a good possibility.  It's completely displaced, and just holding her foot hurts her so I'm not very confident I can do it.  I'll have to go to the vet myself, anyway, to pick up more antibiotics.  Today would have been the last day on them, but now that it's all open it's not enough.  It will be too hot today to leave her in the car for any length of time so I'll have to leave her home, but she won't mind.

Mmmm, bread pudding.........tt, you never fail to make my mouth water with your delectable dishes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: September 2011:
    [QUOTE]I'll have to take her to the vet if I can't clip the nail myself - a good possibility.  It's completely displaced, and just holding her foot hurts her so I'm not very confident I can do it.  I'll have to go to the vet myself, anyway, to pick up more antibiotics.  Today would have been the last day on them, but now that it's all open it's not enough.  It will be too hot today to leave her in the car for any length of time so I'll have to leave her home, but she won't mind. Mmmm, bread pudding.........tt, you never fail to make my mouth water with your delectable dishes.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Yes, but you just drool, while I actually do the eating and put the pounds on!  Doesn't seem fair somehow!

Sections
Shortcuts