September 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: September 2011

Kar, I tore my thumbnail last weekend to half my nail (cleaning of course).  I have had a bandaid on it all week as I am afraid of the entire thing getting ripped off. I was finally able to clip most of it last night so I don't have to worry about it catching on anything.  I have long nails and I cannot tell you how much that hurt.  So I can relate to poor Gracie.  She has had a rough time the last few months like tt said.  Def better to get it clipped off so she doesn't do any further damage.  Please let us know how she makes out and give her a {{{hug}}} 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: September 2011:
    [QUOTE]tt, love the new picture.  Of course because it is Cheerio!  It is going to hit 80 today and it is a bit humid already.  I wore a coat in of course, so will have to carry it home.  This time of year, I don't know what to wear to work half the time.  Any chance if you have time tt, you can share the salad recipe?  I love salads. 
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

Since it's one of SS's, (not that she'd mind me sharing) but I don't want to steal the thunder - I don't know if she's on the boards this morning, she should really be the one to post it.  When I get back from my errands I'll check and if she hasn't been on by then, I'll post it.  I've never made it, but she brings it to cookouts and says it goes over big.  My only fear is that it may be high in sodium, will have to check the back of the packaged ingredients.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, you inspire me, though, to go get goodies.  It's totally fair, believe me!

ambergirl, OUCH!  1/2 way down the nail?!  Oh, man, sorry to hear that.  GL as it grows out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

So Amber, Cheerio sits here asking again, "How are the boys?"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Well the boys are doing well.  I bit peeved lately since I haven't let them on DD's laptop when she comes over.  I know they want to see Cheerio, but getting those darn paw prints off the screen is a pain. Oh and the preening is just something else!  AND they are still running to the door when the doorbell rings. I think in hopes of seeing her....  I think when DD comes over Sunday we will let them use the laptop. No sense in torturing them as they do love seeing her : )

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

She's resting up right now.  Has been sleeping in on the chair where I sit to do the puzzle, or the chair right behind it, but this morning has taken the kitchen chair.  Last night I had pulled up the comforter that I had put back on the foot of the bed, and when she came in early this morning she purred away and curled up right against me.  Loves anything fresh and clean that gets put down anywhere.  I won't tell her about Sunday, that's 2 days away, and she'll be driving me crazy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, I'll give you a chuckle.  EVERY morning Tigger jumps in my bed when I get up and snuggles where I have been sleeping.  I think he likes the warmth.  So when I go to make my bed, he won't move and I have to keep moving him and making it around him.  Happens every single morning....  cracks me up as he knows I won't make him get down because he looks so comfy. 

p.s. no way am I telling the boys they get the laptop Sunday either!  They too will drive me bonkers!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Aw Kar, poor Gracie.  Can't she catch a break!  Hopefully your trek out is for something fun.

Things are crazy as usual at work.  I work in IT, and isn't it always the case that there are so many issues that come up on a Friday?  Oh well, I know I am very lucky to have a good job in this economy, so I will not complain . . too much Laughing

Plan on taking Mom out tomorrow.  She doesn't have any fall/winter clothes seeing she's been in FL for so long, so I will take her shopping. 

My brother and his family also just adopted a dog that needed a home! We will have to of course go and visit him to "welcome"  him to the family.  They found him on Petfinder and have decided to name him "Stitch."  How cute.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Bg has a cat named Stitches, you know, Princess.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Princess, how funny.  I believe BG's cats name is stiches.  But she also calls him JD, short for juvenile deliquent, which I think is hysterical.  And I also work for a computer technology company.  Small world sometimes!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Just gave Gracie a kong full of peanut butter and banana and tried to cut her nail.  It was a total no-go.  I couldn't fit the clippers around the whole nail which is hanging on by about 25%.  So, the vet is calling me back, and Gracie grabbed her kong and bolted into her crate with it.  She's slurping away safe from evil Mommy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]tt, I'll give you a chuckle.  EVERY morning Tigger jumps in my bed when I get up and snuggles where I have been sleeping.  I think he likes the warmth.  So when I go to make my bed, he won't move and I have to keep moving him and making it around him.  Happens every single morning....  cracks me up as he knows I won't make him get down because he looks so comfy.  p.s. no way am I telling the boys they get the laptop Sunday either!  They too will drive me bonkers!
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

Cheerio did that for the longest time, too, Amber.  She hasn't done that in a long while now.  Maybe it's more in the winter that she does that, always looking for warmth.  Boy, are our animals spoiled.  Wonder if they know how lucky they are.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Kar your "evil mommy" cracked me up! Sealed

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Just gave Gracie a kong full of peanut butter and banana and tried to cut her nail.  It was a total no-go.  I couldn't fit the clippers around the whole nail which is hanging on by about 25%.  So, the vet is calling me back, and Gracie grabbed her kong and bolted into her crate with it.  She's slurping away safe from evil Mommy.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Poor, poor Gracie.  It made my chuckle tho.  Well, she deserved her kong after being put through that torture!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I know mine are spoiled for sure and I just love how trusting my cats are with me.  Not an easy feat to get a cat to do that as us cat lovers know.  Most would just jump off the bed once you move them, but not mine.  He knows he can stay.  Super smart they are.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I must leave the boards this morning, get showered and dressed and get out of here.  --  The sun is out!  --  I'll check in later when I get back.  Cheerio - - - (as the Brits say!)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Happy AM Chatters!

Pingo, I will also say a prayer and think good thoughts for your Texans.  I'm sure you are worried sick about them.

Poor Gracie and her split nail.  Didn't she have that happen before?  Are labs prone to split nails? 

Your kities in the ebd stories are cracking me.  Jax is also known to hop into the seat of whoever just got up, or my spot when I get out of bed, then DH's when he gets up.  Just this morning he was very, very quiet (or so we thought) while we were having breakfast and we figured he fell asleep in the bed.  We went to wake him, but no puppy.  Turns out he escaped upstairs to visit with my nieces and share their breakfast!  Little devil!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Got an appointment for Gracie at 11:30 and I can still make it to mine this afternoon.  Phew. 

tt and everyone, enjoy the sunshine!  Nice day for a drive.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning all and thanks for your good wishes and prayers. Things are under control in SA at present, but they are still so worried, b/c with the winds one never know where the fire will end up. Son and DIL was up all night and spent most of the time watering their grounds to keep them wet and moist. They also have their kitty cages ready and packed a small suitcase with important stuff, meds and some clothing - in case they will be asked to leave. They will not be going to work today.

Sorry to hear about Gracie's nail. Poor puppy, she really has gone through a lot lately. I don't think this is a job to do yourself; good you are taking her to the vet, Kar.

tt, I don't dilute the soup, just mix it in w/the sour cream. I haven't made it for a while. Forgot about it actually. Think it will be on the menu this weekend. How is the itching this morning? Still having your lunch appointment today?

Not going to the office today. Have several errands to take care of. Chat later - Pingo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nov, labs aren't prone to split nails, but her surgery caused a temporary thyroid imbalance that caused her quicks to shrink away from the sides of her nails, leaving them vulnerable to side breakage.  Last week, I caught the edge of this one in the sliding screen door and broke the edge all teh way off leaving it very susceptible to further damage.  I have no choice but to bring her to the vet on this one - the clippers do not fit around the nail.  Thanks for all the well wishes coming her way.  I've given her a big hug from you all and we'll be off to the vet in a minute.

Pingo, thanks for the update.  How scary to just sit and wait for the possibility of being evacuated.  Thinking of and praying for them.

Oh, gotta run.

~kar

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I didn't think to connect it to her surgery/recovery.  Glad they could get you guys in this morning.

Princess - what kind of dog is your new family member?  I hope we will see some pictures, soon.

Sounds like it will be a beautiful day for those of you out running around.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Back home.  Pasta, sauce and sausage reheating in oven.  Obviously lunch plans fell threw.  Picked up a pkg of Blue Diamond nacho chips made from brown rice and almonds in Job Lots.  Are they good!  Lower in everything than regular chips.  Tasty little devils and only $2.00 in there.  They also had sour cream and chives.

Thanks for the clarification, Pingo, but G.T. is not coming.  Hemmed and hawed and I told him I'd really rather he not.  He's in some pictures the end of the month, partner has travel plans next week, and I'd just as soon not see the 2 of them tap dancing their way around here, afraid to touch anything.  So, I won't be making it this week, I have so much food already. 

Y&R preempted by tennis - 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thank you, Kar. It is truly beyond scary. TX is known for the wild fires due to the draught and heat, but this year it has been beyond anything ever experienced.
    Our son and his family are worried not only about themselves, but more so about all the animals on their Ranch. How to evacuate them, if necessary?
    We can complain about our flooding and our blizzards - but I would take any of those anytime, compared to this.
    On my way out to run my errands - will check in later on and let you know, how my TX family is doing. - Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, I'll be more then happy to come over and join you for a meal or two over the weekend. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Pingo, I'll be more then happy to come over and join you for a meal or two over the weekend. 
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

Did you mean "tt"?