September 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: September 2011

1/2 the time she does climb all the way up into his lap, all 75 lbs of her.  I know, isn't it the cutest little bandage?  I took her to the center of town yesterday (paved parts only to keep it dry) and she got SO MUCH attention for it.  Our little diva just ate it up.  There's always a crowd at the ice cream window eager to shower her with attention.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Goose pimple time over! We have been watching the remembrance in NY City - just couldn't take it any longer. What a beautiful memorial. The reading of names by their loved ones got the best of me.
    My own Dr. was in one of those planes, that hit the towers. Going to a conference in LA. I had an appointment w/ him on the 17th, and I still remember the call I got from his office to reschedule. I felt numb and speechless.
    The Texans are doing ok. Still on alert though, but after Lee left it is not nearly as windy.
    Beautiful but cool day. Was cold enough for an extra blanket last night. Have a party to go to this afternoon. Enjoy one of the last summer days. - Pingo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, indeed, the day is exactly as it was - I remember as clearly as I'm sure everyone else does.  Can't believe your doctor was on one of those fateful flights...  Nor can I believe it was 10 years ago today.  

Enjoy your party! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Here's one more (at risk of over exposing Gracie) that I couldn't resist sharing of her wishing she were outside with Daddy instead of in her crate on this fabulous day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, she's such a beauty.  Look at that shiny fur.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

She's blushing, thank you!  Cheerio's one pretty girl, too.  I love her markings and adorable, expressive face.  It's no wonder our girls get spoiled. :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, here's the complete 750 piece puzzle - - Ta Da!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

WOW!  What a beautiful piece (pieces!) of work!  It really looks 3-D...in fact, I have to admit,  I thought you'd set a big plate of cookies on your puzzle at first.  Embarassed

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It does, doesn't it?  The gingerbread house actually looks raised.  Am going to hate to take it apart.  I'll leave it for a couple of days.  I had thought the gingerbread house would be the easiest piece of the puzzle to put together, and actually it was the last.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Good morning everyone. Kar, Gracie is absolutely gorgeous, it's no wonder she has a following. We met a single kid, well guy, last evening, who said he used his Dalmation as a "chic magnet" He was pretty funny. T.t, I also thought your puzzle at first was one of your bakery projects. Cheerio looks so content tt. You really capture great pictures of her. We are starting to settle in. I know this sounds pathetic, but I have no friends here. It takes time I know. D.H. is so much better at meeting people than I am. Honestly, he would talk to a brick wall if noone was around to talk to. I was up early emptying yet another box, made an omelet on an electric, ceramic stove. (I'm used to gas). Then I went to church, and then for a cup of cappuccino at a cafe. I was by myself though, and thought,"All these people, and yet I feel lonely" I know settling into a new place takes time, especially moving from where we lived to were we are now. bg

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Ah, bg, you'll get acquainted.  Smiling and speaking to someone coming out of church, or at a local grocery asking someone's opinion, you've been there such a short time.  It's hard to do the things you did alone today even, for some of us.  Are there many other condo units in the building you're in?  Take the first initiative and speak to someone you pass in the hall or on the elevator.  A couple of months from now, you'll be feeling much more comfortable in your new surroundings.  And, in the meantime, you always have us!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

bg, it's not pathetic to feel lonely in a new place...either that, or I was pathetic, too. :)  I didn't start making real friends here and feeling this this is my home for over a year.

Thanks, yeah, Gracie does have quite a following.  People come up to us and give a big smile and say, "Hi, GRACIE!  And...um, you."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Thanks Kar for the blanche freeze process   I will attempt and tell you of my findings

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Bg...you'll be fine..all of  sudden, you will feel the moment...I just know it!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning all.  Can't believe it is Monday already!

BG - don't worry, I am sure you will get aquainted in no time.  Moves are always so difficult in the beginning.

Had a nice weekend, got to me the "new" "Stitch" and his is very cute and fitting right in with their family.  He really has a great temperment and am so happing he got a loving home.

Kar - Gracie is just beautiful!

Hope everyone has a fabulous Monday!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  tt and kar what great pics of Cheerio and Gracie. bg, it does take time.  Now that we are closing the pool, I'll be "unboxing" stuff on the weekends more.  Pingo, Glad the Texans are doing good and that is great that your son will be here in October.  PC, glad you got to see the new pup.  How is Buster?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning everyone,

What a beautiful day and such a treat to come into the pictures of Cheerio and Gracie.  I too watched the 911 memorials on TV yesterday and it was like I was back 10 years. I went into the data center where there was a huge TV and seen the second plane hit.  It was surreal...  The company I worked for lost 9 people in our NY office and 3 from Boston.  One girl I knew and I always think of her.  She went to a trade show in the north tower on a coin toss with a co-worker and she lost.  I always think of that other person who won and didn't have to go.. I hope they are at peace with it, as it was fate.  She was only 24 and newly engaged.  Just broke my heart.  I worked the entire day fielding calls from family members asking for news until HR was able to get hot lines set up.  I remember driving home at 4:30 and the streets of Boston were empty.  Never seen that before and hope to never again.  Well enough of that, I hope you all enjoy this gorgeous day : )

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hi Everyone!

Lov Gracie's cute little bandage - not that she needed it to get more attention, but I can imagine the reactions she must get!  Funny about the "chic magnet" too bg.  My Dad walks Jax a lot for me, both here and in NH, and says "no one talks to me when Jax isn't with me".  Dogs & babyI think have a way of making people stop and say hi.  I know all of the dogs in neighborhood, adn their owners, but don;t know most of the owners' names, just knwo them as Marley's Mom or Wally's Dad.

You'll get settled in BG.  Such a great neighborhood to meet people, too with all the cafes and activity.  Just give it time.  If you are really lonely though, I'll come in and visit with you!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    So it happen. The Globe opened it's new website for subscribers only. Wonder how long the forums will be accessible. Yes, I know - they told us ------, but business is business these days. If interested, please go to:
    http://www.boston.com/community/letter_from_publisher_to_readers_on_bostonglobe_website/?p1=News_links

What a great puzzle you finished there, tt. It looks 3-D to me too. Looks like one can just grab some of the cookies out of the dish. Do you preserve your puzzles and frame them? tt, you have such a nice excuse for not doing your ironing. Who with just a little bit of heart could move Cheerio from her perch? If me, I would get a second ironing board. One for me, one for Cheerio. I love to iron - my mental therapy.
    BG, it will take time to feel home in a new place. But especially in North End, you should not have difficulties making new friends. It is not like the suburbs, where people leave in their cars from inside their garages to come back home in their garages and are never seen on the streets. The nature of NE is that cars are scarce and people walk everywhere. Friends of ours moved to a condo there a few years ago, and they got rid of their cars. They became a royal pain. Now they use the Zip-cars or for a longer trip they rent.
    Kar, Gracie looks adorable with that little sock of hers. I am surprised, she keeps it on and didn't tear it off immediately. You trained her well during her recuperation from her surgery, I suppose. How are you feeling? You were a bit under the weather last week. Something must be going around. I came down with "something" yesterday. We were on our way to a party, when it suddenly hit me in the car. Shivering and achy. Excused ourselves and left the party early. A couple of people didn't even show up; they were not "feeling well". Went right to bed, when we got home, popping Advil. Much better this morning, but not 100%.
    Don't you just love these late days of summer? This weekend was great and today is another beautiful day.
    Try to make the best of it - Pingo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Waiting for the oil burner guy to come clean the burner.  8-12 usually means 8 on the dot, so was up, showered, dressed, and ready by quarter to 8.  Noone here yet.  Have some errands I wanted to run today, hopefully later this morning.

Catawalling going on on my back walk this morning, so that's the end of my love affair with Pretty Baby.  Another of her cats (I can tell because she puts collars on all of them) had wandered through the yard, and Pretty Baby wasn't having any of it.  Should have taken yet another pic of Cheerio, she was so funny.  The step stool was in my kitchen at the doorway to the room with the slider.  She was standing on the floor, but with her front paws on the second step, peering into the room and out the slider at them - that was as close as she wanted to get, I guess!  So, from now on, Pretty Baby will just have to sit out there and cry for me.  He'll get the message in a few days.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

---Catawalling going on on my back walk this morning, so that's the end of my love affair with Pretty Baby---

Catawalling? Never heard that word before, but it is a good one. I can just hear the shrieks.
    I am sure you were mad at Pretty Baby, but now I am just wondering, how long it will take you to soften up again ----. ;)
    And your hip-attached-camera (LOL), where was it this morning?  That would have been a real funny picture.
    I am just amazed, that Cheerio is not getting more upset, than she is. Having another cat competing with your love. I would have imagined, she wold have attacked your slider and hissed at them both. But of course, she knows she is the queen in your house and that you love her so - Pingo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My Cheerio is a lady, not a fighter.  She prefers to stand back and watch!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

So, Amber's boys are fighting for Cheerio's attention, and the Pretty babies are fighting for tt's attention...  What's the secret over there? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Like I've said before, - just a couple of femme fatales!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, sorry you were hit right before the party with something ugly, but glad you're feeling better already.  I was pretty much OK the next day, and have been 100% ever since.  Not sure what it was.

Gracie chews at the top of her bandage where the tape makes contact with her fur, but essentially leaves it alone.  We use the Comfy Cone at night so I don't wake up to surprise carnage.

Dogs and babies are definitely magnets!  They break the ice that so often keeps people from saying hello to a stranger.  If I were single I'd have no shortage of dates with her as my "wing dog."  Without her, I'm totally invisible.

BG, forgot you were in the NE.  I'm sure you'll figure out the eb and flow of the community there and fit right in soon.  Until then, take heart, we've all been the new girl and understand how lonesome you can be in a city full of people, people, people everywhere.  Do you have a dog, by chance?  Talk about a friend-maker...

Amber, thanks for sharing your 9/11 thoughts.  I, too, hope the "loser" of the coin toss is OK.

I've got a ton and a half to do in the kitchen today, and I'm reluctant to start until this afternoon in hopes my mat will be here and save my back for all that standing.  But, 2:30 is pretty late to be starting.  Looks like I'll have to s ck it up and get moving.  Had a chiropractic appointment and then shopped at TJs and Petco afterwards and just got home.  

On the list for the kitchen:  Baba ganoush (eggplant spread), crackers, chopping salad, vegetable stew, pumpkin bread (or soup)

Bought some frozen low fat mac n cheese from TJs for lunch - that's actually FIRST on the kitchen list, lol. :)

~kar

Sections
Shortcuts