September 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: September 2011

OMG tt, that Reese is just - I can't even find a world for it - so lovable, is the best I can come up with. Looks just like my dust mop - LOL.
    tt. I do hope you are feeling better tonight. Our son once had an attack of Poison Ivy. He was at home playing on the computer with his best friend (friend, who is coming to visit from Japan this weekend and we will get to meet him - Yeah!) -- his friend was hospitalised with such a bad case of an allergic reaction for 5 days.
    Our son didn't even touch him - but he did touch the computer key board. Allergic reaction, yes - but we caught it in time. Changed the keyboard - we just had to.
    - Pingo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: September 2011:
    [QUOTE]OMG tt, that Reese is just - I can't even find a world for it - so lovable, is the best I can come up with. Looks just like my dust mop - LOL. tt. I do hope you are feeling better tonight. Our son once had an attack of Poison Ivy. He was at home playing on the computer with his best friend (friend, who is coming to visit from Japan this weekend and we will get to meet him - Yeah!) -- his friend was hospitalised with such a bad case of an allergic reaction for 5 days. Our son didn't even touch him - but he did touch the computer key board. Allergic reaction, yes - but we caught it in time. Changed the keyboard - we just had to. - Pingo
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

I am feeling much better tonight.  Had second dose of Prednasone at noon, and except for some itching (nothing like it was) am comfortable. Have new breakouts along my chinline and one cheek and some on one leg.  Just wondering how it will be once I get into bed.  Won't take another of those Zyntec after the headache I got last night.  Hoping the skin on my arm goes back to normal when this is all over, right now it looks like elephant flaps.

Kids were feeling better, certainly hadn't lost their appetites - cookies were half gone by the time I came home!  Granddaughter had a new store register game where you buy things and she rings them up.  I bought a bikini, a visor cap, a tennis racket and some tennis balls - told her I'd never had a bikini and I thought it was about time I had one - that I was all set with my bikini and visor, was going home to play some tennis in them - she howled.  "Nanaaaa - -".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: September 2011 : I am feeling much better tonight.  Had second dose of Prednasone at noon, and except for some itching (nothing like it was) am comfortable. Have new breakouts along my chinline and one cheek and some on one leg.  Just wondering how it will be once I get into bed.  Won't take another of those Zyntec after the headache I got last night.  Hoping the skin on my arm goes back to normal when this is all over, right now it looks like elephant flaps. Kids were feeling better, certainly hadn't lost their appetites - cookies were half gone by the time I came home!  Granddaughter had a new store register game where you buy things and she rings them up.  I bought a bikini, a visor cap, a tennis racket and some tennis balls - told her I'd never had a bikini and I thought it was about time I had one - that I was all set with my bikini and visor, was going home to play some tennis in them - she howled.  "Nanaaaa - -".
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

You may want to ask her to add tankini  s to the inventory...then Kar can shop too!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good one, Icer!  Actually when Iwas shopping I was thinking of Pingo and her tennis courts!  Maybe she'll invite me over to play a game in my new outfit!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks - yeah, a tankini is as close to a bikini as I think I'll ever dare to wear!

tt, Benadryl will make you sleepy, but if you're itching at night it will help a lot (if your doc approves, of course).

Another busy day ahead.  DH is home and taking Gracie for a short walk, and I'm getting ready for a doc's appointment in Worcester at 9:45.  We need to go shopping for DH's new clothes when I get back - his are all too big, again.

Gotta leave in 40 minutes and I haven't started getting ready yet...so, until later, ladies.

~kar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I do wish to remain relevant...I am sure Pingo will love a visit to her tennis court...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]I do wish to remain relevant...I am sure Pingo will love a visit to her tennis court...
    Posted by icer[/QUOTE]

I don't know, Icer.  She's had plenty of time to read my post and issue an invitation!  (Between you and me, she probably doesn't want me out there whacking tennis balls when her husband's around!  Cheerio doesn't get her femme fatale status just out of the blue you know!)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  tt, that Reese is just too cute for words. Can you bring over some of that gelato?  Did your grandchildren start school yet?
    kar, sorry you have been so busy. 
    Pingo, I made your homey noodle casserole and I will post my review in the food section :)
    I have another half day today.  Today's agenda is to find jumbo book covers and sneakers for my DS.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I just had too much fun reading the posts from yesterday and this morning.  tt, you are so funny Sealed  Kar, I would rather be at work (never thought I would say that) than to be doing what you are doing.  I hope your appointment is for nothing serious.  Winter, can't wait to read your review as i want to make the homey noodle casserole next weekend.  So happy to have a long weekend.  I have a new bath ensemble I ordered that came yesterday along with a new throw rug for under my coffee table. It will be fun getting it all in place. Nice to have something different in the house.  I am slowly but surely getting all the things I have been wanting. Well ladies, I hope you all have a wonderful day!

p.s. I sent the pictures of Reese to my DD and she flipped!  Said she reminded her of Amber too : ) I don't care what anyone says, a Shih Tzu puppy is just irresistible!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I don't care what anyone says, a Shih Tzu puppy is just irresistible!!

I just said the same thing to G.T.  I had sent a pic of Reese to him this morning and he wanted to know if he barked a lot!  He never does.  I told him he is the most lovable little thing, and so smart.  They play throw and fetch with him, which he loves, and if it's something too big to fit in his little mouth, he pushes it guiding it with his nose and paws, even from another room, back to them and then waits for them to throw it again.  Love him to pieces.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

They are really the best dogs.  I was actually looking for a Boston Terrier when I spotted Amber sleeping.  A 5 pound white with amber color marking ball of fluff.  I didn't even know what kind of dog she was but when I picked her up, she cuddled in my neck and I was done for...  Amber only barks if someone comes to the door and stops as soon as they come in.  I never trained her for that.  I asked the vet if something was wrong since she rarely barked and his answer was "are you really complaining???"  LOL!  Very smart dogs too, don't let that adorable face fool you.  Amber knew all her toys by name.  My neighbor was amazed when I showed him.  I told her to go get each toy by name and she did.  Ok, going to stop bragging now..  just love my Amber to pieces too, so know how you feel tt : )

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Good morning everyone.  tt, that Reese is just too cute for words. Can you bring over some of that gelato?  Did your grandchildren start school yet? kar, sorry you have been so busy.  Pingo, I made your homey noodle casserole and I will post my review in the food section :) I have another half day today.  Today's agenda is to find jumbo book covers and sneakers for my DS.
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

Grandkids started at OLOA on Tuesday, went half day Tuesday and Wednesday and have today off - go figure - how the Catholic schools plan their scheduling.  They were talking about having 7 books to cover - but their Dad said the days of cutting open a paper bag and covering them are long gone, not only do they buy covers, but that that school prefers that they cover them in contact paper.  I thought that was really odd.

Want to scoot over the recipe thread now and read your "report".

Then I've got to get off these boards for a while and get showered and dressed.  Seems as tho you guys can only post mornings, but if I do, then it throws the whole schedule of the day off - I'm a morning energy person - and when afternoon comes and I feel like relaxing and chatting, usually none of you are around!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I'll be here tt : )

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

This from G.T. this morning re the rash:

You can always tell CC that you got it while in the woods tracking down the turkey man. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

What wit G.T. has.  My son's school doesn't want contact paper, but the cloth book covers that you get at stores.  Of course if the teacher had put it on the supply list we could have found them.  Now that I want them they are going to be hard to find, especially ones without flowers or puppies, boys don't want those things.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

[QUOTE]This from G.T. this morning re the rash:  You can always tell CC that you got it while in the woods tracking down the turkey man. 

Lol, GT!  Good one.  And thanks for the pictures of Reese, tt.  Such a cute little fluffball!  Doesn't help my puppy fever one bit to see those!  I keep going back and forth about wanting to get Jax a brother.  DH wants no part of a second dog right now, but I'm working on it.  Took me three years to convince him to get Jax and now they are best buddies.

Kar, hope you get caught up soon and have a chance to relax this weekend.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Aw, tt! You would be welcome any time - and you know it too! Have no problem of you whacking tennis balls with DH (just keep whacking tennis balls, that's all). In fact Mr. Pingo offered to give you a couple of lessons. He is looking for a new mixed double partner for the Town tournament, now that my hips are not allowing me to play. So, come on over. Hopefully your foot will be fine by then. Otherwise tape it well. Watching the Us Open, we see everyone are "taped". If not here, then there. We don't mind your break-outs. After the lessons we will have some brewed ice tea - or if you need something stronger than that, we can supply that too. - Pingo

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: September 2011 : I don't know, Icer.  She's had plenty of time to read my post and issue an invitation!  (Between you and me, she probably doesn't want me out there whacking tennis balls when her husband's around!  Cheerio doesn't get her femme fatale status just out of the blue you know!)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have been googling and may have found my allergy.  You know my beautiful tall moonflower plants, I have to move them aside to get in to fill the feeder daily.  I know they are toxic if eaten, but have come across a google that says they can cause eczema from touchng.  Can't get all the way into it to read completely, so have G.T. on the case.  I would hate to think it's them.  He moves large plants all the time and has no reaction.  I've also been reaching down into them to cut dahlias that are growing in between. - could be.  We'll see.  Snoop G.T. will follow up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Aw, tt! You would be welcome any time - and you know it too! Have no problem of you whacking tennis balls with DH (just keep whacking tennis balls, that's all). In fact Mr. Pingo offered to give you a couple of lessons. He is looking for a new mixed double partner for the Town tournament, now that my hips are not allowing me to play. So, come on over. Hopefully your foot will be fine by then. Otherwise tape it well. Watching the Us Open, we see everyone are "taped". If not here, then there. We don't mind your break-outs. After the lessons we will have some brewed ice tea - or if you need something stronger than that, we can supply that too. - Pingo In Response to Re: September 2011 :
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

You know, this prednasone cures all your aches and pains.  I've no foot pain, no knee pain, no back pain!  I can see why they only let you stay on it for a very short prescribed period of time.  People would be taking it for a cure all.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good thinking tt.  Crazy when you have an allergic reaction huh?  You have to think of everything. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Pingo, can I sign up for Mr. Pingo's tennis lessons, too?  It's a game I've always wanted to learn.  That, and golf.  I get the basic hit the ball over the net for tennis, but would like to learn to play the "right" way.  There are probably indoor lessons available in the winter at the high school or something- should look into it.  So many things I want to do.  All I need is time.

Careful on the prednisone Miss TT.  Wouldn't want you to get get hurt because you couldn't feel anything!  It'll be a shame if it is the moonflowers, but then GT could move them so you won't come in contact, right?  No need to eliminate them completely?

Amber, where is DD off to this weekend?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

---Grandkids started at OLOA on Tuesday, went half day Tuesday and Wednesday and have today off---

Yeah - that's the way they do it. Even when our boys went there. That way they get all the "bugs" out of the system (right books, covered books, seating arrangement, learning names, etc) and can start for real after the Labor Day holiday.  Funny they still do that - nothing has changed in 17 years.
    Re: book covers - we made our own, using the brown paper bags and we changed them often. Contact paper? Can't imagine using that. That sounds really odd to me too. - Pingo

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

She is going to her boyfriends family cottage in North Conway NH. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh yeah! Come on over November. You and tt could practise together. What a riot, that would be. But I guess, we would have to wait until next year. The indoor season starts next week, and we will be taking the net down in a few weeks. It will be too dark to play evenings. Week ends will still be good, but not reliable.
    Funny, golf has never caught my interest. DH play some. I have played a bucket at Richardson's Ice Cream on and off and am doing better than most, but it has never been for me to spend an entire day walking around looking for a small ball. 
    - Pingo
    [QUOTE]Pingo, can I sign up for Mr. Pingo's tennis lessons, too?  It's a game I've always wanted to learn.  That, and golf.  I get the basic hit the ball over the net for tennis, but would like to learn to play the "right" way.  There are probably indoor lessons available in the winter at the high school or something- should look into it.  So many things I want to do.  All I need is time. Careful on the prednisone Miss TT.  Wouldn't want you to get get hurt because you couldn't feel anything!  It'll be a shame if it is the moonflowers, but then GT could move them so you won't come in contact, right?  No need to eliminate them completely? Amber, where is DD off to this weekend?
    Posted by Novembride[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh tt, so sorry it could be those beautiful moonflowers.  I remember in elementary school using paper bags for book covers.  In HS they started having paper ones you could use.  Now they are cloth ones...they are about $2 or $3 I think.  Anyway.  I have to go out and get 4 jumbo ones for to cover books over the weekend.  Have a great weekend.  I'll try to check in this weekend and see how everyone is doing.