September 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: September 2011

In Response to Re: September 2011:
    [QUOTE]Pingo, can I sign up for Mr. Pingo's tennis lessons, too?  It's a game I've always wanted to learn.  That, and golf.  I get the basic hit the ball over the net for tennis, but would like to learn to play the "right" way.  There are probably indoor lessons available in the winter at the high school or something- should look into it.  So many things I want to do.  All I need is time. Careful on the prednisone Miss TT.  Wouldn't want you to get get hurt because you couldn't feel anything!  It'll be a shame if it is the moonflowers, but then GT could move them so you won't come in contact, right?  No need to eliminate them completely? Amber, where is DD off to this weekend?
    Posted by Novembride[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm dragging the dreaded vacuum out this morning and see what I can accomplish!  Feel no pain - plus I'm delighted if I've solved the mystery.  Now just have to figure how to fill the feeder each day (did it this morning, trying to reach around and above the plants).  G.T. researched, thinks I may be on to something - or did he say "on something"!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have a nice long week-end, Winter.  You may run into my son, they were going out for bookcovers for his son today too.  He himself was surprised at the contact suggestion, said it would ruin the binders.  -  Like you said, the boys are particular there's nothing girly about their covers.

Before you go, have to show you the cute bunny granddau came up and gave me as I was leaving.  She's at the age now where they want to be the ones giving presents too.  I didn't want to take her toy, but she turned to her fau and said, "Daddy, can I give this to Nana?  It's my toy and I want to -"  Of course, I graciously accepted.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

North Conway will be fun, although the forecast is a little iffy.  Is she a shopper?  I hope to get to the outlets in Tilton.

When I was in HS, we used to cut out headlines, phrases, pictures, etc from magazines and tape them all over our book covers in a collage.  We woudl cut out and save them all summer, then create and overlap as the school year went on.  We did the same inside of our lockers, too. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

She is a shopper November, but not sure if she will be doing any of that since her boyfriend isn't : )  tt, that is so adorable your GD gave you that...  she obviously adores you but what is not to adore?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hmm... neither is DH.  Maybe she and I should meet up?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]She is a shopper November, but not sure if she will be doing any of that since her boyfriend isn't : )  tt, that is so adorable your GD gave you that...  she obviously adores you but what is not to adore?
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

My rash!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

She would ditch him to shop in a minute!  LOL!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: September 2011 : I don't know, Icer.  She's had plenty of time to read my post and issue an invitation!  (Between you and me, she probably doesn't want me out there whacking tennis balls when her husband's around!  Cheerio doesn't get her femme fatale status just out of the blue you know!)
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

Funny tt!  That made me chuckle!

mothermitzi

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

[QUOTE]She would ditch him to shop in a minute!  LOL!

Me too!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hope everybody has a nice long weekend.  The weather could not be better.  I wish it were like this year round!  Wishful thinking.  Have not been able to get out of the office for long, but did run over to the farmers market and picked up raspberries and peaches for snacks.  Apparently, the boys like fruit with their oatmeal in the morning.  I'll probably only have to make two breakfasts.  Saturday morning, we're all going to breakfast with my father to our traditional spot before my DD takes them on college tours.  She has made a slight change of plans to their schedule, although she won't tell me what it is.  Last I knew they were taking two tours.  Saturday night we'll go to the north end and Sunday there is a cookout next door.  DD and family will be coming to that too. I assume they'll have their lunches out, so I'm really off the hook.  I made a peach pie last night and brought in teenage snacks as well.  Looking forward to the visit.

tt, prednisone is a double edged sword.  It works wonders but can cause problems down the line if taken too long.  I'm sure your doctor explained that to you.  I'd love to get some for my foot, but I'm afraid of injuring myself again.  I have been wearing crocs to work.  Usually I wear them only around the house.  Right now, it's the best shoe option for me - little pain. 

My brother and SIL went to Maine and there are several trees down on their property.  One fell and destroyed an outbuilding they use to store boats in the winter.  The rowboat was pulled up on shore and still there.  Their motorboat was on the mooring and disappeared.  Apparently a lot of boats got loose and are piled up in a corner of the cove.  At any rate, they couldn't find it.  The cottage was not damaged thank goodness.  My brother is optimistic and feels lucky.  The boat will probably turn up at some point.  If not, they have insurance.

Have a great weekend everybody.

mothermitzi    

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Are you leaving for the day, MM?  If so, have a great week-end.  Sounds like a nice busy one.  I was looking forward to G.T. coming down and of course shopped accordingly, but I don't blame him for re-thinking the whole thing.  He'll be in some pictures this month and is thinking ahead.

Ran out to get my hair cut (so glad I did.  It was one of those days when you say, oh, it really doesn't need it yet, but oh boy, once it's trimmed, what a difference.)  Went by Trader Joe's so pulled in and bought some peaches.  Now Cheerio and I are working on the jigsaw puzzle.  It's a good one, lots of colors and small items "Night before Christmas" it's called, and is a table setting with dishes of - well, wait a minute and I'll show you -

Challenging.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

that's too bad about GT, but understandable.  Is Cheerio ready to do the puzzle too?  that picture you posted of her with the last one was so cute : )  I am getting my hair done next Saturday.  Can't wait.  It does feel good doesn't it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

MM, sounds like you have your weekend with the teenage boys all planned out. Should be a fun weekend for you. I just love the idea, that they will have a chance to meet "real people" at a cook out at your neighbors. Sightseeing is one thing, but it is not what they will be doing if moving up here.  So nice of your neighbor to include them.
    Sorry to hear about the damage to your brother's out-house and boat. But TG the cottage itself were not damaged. Still a pain though tp clean up and file damage reports. Lucky they were indeed.
    Just came back from Costco and TJ's. They were both a mad house. Now, I have to go back out for the rest of my shopping. Was ready to start out early this morning to hit the stores before the crowd. But I found a leak in the ceiling from one of our A/Cs, when I ran around to remove cobwebs, that might have appeared. Called our guy, who came over immediately. I couldn't possibly meet my TX (107 degrees today) son with a non functioning A/C this weekend. The guy gave me a sensible explanation, and it is working for now, but will have to be redone next week. Phew!
    On my way to MB. So many things I don't have in the house, when the kids are not here. Hope I remember all - Pingo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pingo, did you see - I just came back from T.J.'s a short while ago - route 1 tho, and you may be going to 114.

ETA:  Route 1 is a zoo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

MM, meant to comment on your brother's place too.  Strange about their boat.  it must be there somewhere, right?  Hope they find it and undamaged.  Double trouble when you own a second place to take care of.  Enjoy your week-end.  Chat next week.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]that's too bad about GT, but understandable.  Is Cheerio ready to do the puzzle too?  that picture you posted of her with the last one was so cute : )  I am getting my hair done next Saturday.  Can't wait.  It does feel good doesn't it!

She's been staying awfully close to me all day, washes up (takes her 1/2 hour to 45 mins!), settles down, and by that time I've gotten up and moved to another room, and she starts the whole process all over again in that room!  Yesterday Pretty Baby was sitting outside the slider talking to me, and Cheerio very calmly and deliberately moved over from where she was sitting looking out, to right next to me, practically on my foot - I guess showing him I belonged to her!  She's just gotten comfortable in the chair in back of where I set up the card table, and I'm surprised I don't here her pitter pattering down the hall in here!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

What a picture you have given me!  Of course Cheerio would be jealous, she has the best owner.  You must have loved when she did that though : )

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm having an identify crisis today as you can see by my avatar changes - can't make up my mind who I am!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, that is just precious that she gave you her bunny.  I'm checking in from home.  We got the book covers (Staples for $2.99) and then he needed a binder, dividers and loose leaf paper. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Staples was a great idea for the book covers.  Wonder if my son thought of that.  They usually head for Target.  I know they picked up a 7 subject binder one day when I was out with them in Target.  School's pretty expensive these days, a lot required besides the tuition.  I know at OLOA the parents are expected to contribute and be available for all their different fund raisers, and there are many.  I suppose that's how they stay open and are able to give the kids smaller classes and more individual attention.  I know my grandson has a "buddy" who is a 7th or 8th grader that's assigned to the lower grade kids.  When he reaches that age he'll become one to one of the lower classmen.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I head the School's Baked goods table at the Baazar every November.  I already had to get a zip up binder, pencils, etc., but the science teacher asked for a 3 inch binder due by Tuesday so off we went. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hello Everyone
    Boy, Sept thread is quite busy! Nice to see everyone "chatting."  I've had a pretty good vacation.  Haven't been feeling great, but still have been able to enjoy my days off.  Spent some time with Mom, did some things around the house and just enjoyed not working!

Buster is doing great!  I've been walking him each day and no more limping!  Woo hoo.  Took him to the vet for bloodwork and the infection in his kidney is gone so he is really doing well.  Today is even his bday - he's 8 today!

Love the pics of Reese - what a cutie!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Great news about Buster PC.  Glad you had a nice vacation and now you can enjoy your long weekend.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Happy Birthday, Buster!  So glad to hear his good report.  Enjoy.

Boy, your week went by fast, Princess, but I guess I don't need to tell you that.  It's relaxing just not to have to rush to get out in the morning.  Sorry you've been a bit under the weather.  With me, it's just the opposite, the Prednisone has taken care of every little ache and pain, but now, when I could go kalooping, noone wants to get near me because of the rash!  I did put it to good use today with dragging the vacuum out.  The rugs do look a lot better with a good vacuuming.  Cheerio thought I had cleaned them for her, waited behind the couch and then as soon as I unplugged the vacuum, picked her spot right in the middle to take a nap.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I'll go kalooping with you anytime.