September 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Re: September 2011

Goody, another meatloaf recipe for me to try....trying Pingos noodle dish tonite, my group is coming here  next month for lunch and since I'm just a meat and potatoes cook I wanted something different, one of my friends told me just serve them spaghetti and meatballs again!!   Went to the beach in Quincy with one of my DD's this AM for our clams....found out the Clam Box is staying open until 11/6......if it doesn't get real cold by then, you can find us there every Monday....ss

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I realized I wasn't getting any email reminders that someone had posted.  I "subscribe" to CC and that option is not available now.  Is anyone else having this problem?  Thought nobody was on today.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I don't get that, Amber, I just click on and see if there's a star, if there is, that means there's a new post I haven't read.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Interesting news about The Clkam box staying open til Nov...I wonder how long that has been going on...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Actually we had a little excitement here...Honey has accepted a framing job in Marshfield...he will only be there for a few days..so, he trudges on down to Marshfield..3 box trucks full of men and materials and tools....

There was a murder this a.m. in Marshfield...They stopped all 3 box trucks..searched them all...then..thought one of the crew had a warrent(he didn't...,brother does) sooooo...they pulled in here....roundabouts 12 for lunch and will try to go back down 2morow...The guy with the brother won't go back...He looks like his brother but he is not...what are you gonna do? they can fill his position...no problem but who knew?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You live a very exciting life, Icer.  Not the kind of excitement I would want at my age, but never the less - -  what a shame the  look alike has to suffer and lose out on the job money because of his brother.

Have been watching/napping on the Dr. Phil show with a husband and his 3 wives and I believe, 27 children - now that's a problem I wouldn't want either!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Sounds like everybody had a nice weekend.  I can't think of anything better to eat right now than meatloaf, peas and mashed potatoes.  Boy that sounds good.  Funny how somebody will mention a dish and everybody starts craving it.  It happens frequently on these pages and in real life for me this past weekend. My cousin was here with her youngest daughter.  She asked me if I remembered how to make creamed chicken over cream of tartar biscuits.  That  was something our grandmother made, and I used to make it but hadn't for years. The minute she mentioned it I was craving the biscuits.  In my mind, I could taste them immediately.   It's a dish I make from memory and I gave it a whirl.  Probably 20 years since I've made the chicken and the biscuits, but both turned out well.  We had it for Sunday lunch before they left.  Saturday night, we went to the north end.  We chose a restaurant with a valet because my daughter was bringing my father and walking any great distance was out of the question.  Had a decent meal followed by dessert and espresso on Hanover Street.  That's always my favorite part.  My cousin took her daughter to three schools, with little interest on the daughter's part.  They live in Texas and the daughter kept asking me how cold it gets here in the winter.  I told her to ask her mother.  She grew up here after all!  Something tells me she will be going someplace else.  It was good to see them though.  I may visit them at New Year's. 

november, glad your toe is better.  It is a real problem when walking is hindered by a foot problem.  My foot is coming along but not fast enough for me.

I have a stackable front loading washer and dryer.  I think the manufacturer is Frigidaire.  They are high efficiency and marvelous. Wouldn't trade them for the world.  I use the high efficiency detergent which is much more economical than the regular.  I only use a quarter cup per load.

I'll be glad when this humidity is gone.  I've been running my central air for a week now.  Usually turned off by now.  Have a pleasant evening everybody.

mothermitzi         

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Seeing as September is coming to an end, I'm wondering about a post, I think it was Kargiver, made about the Globe not being free to read after the end of Sept.  Are we about to be cut off from CC?  Pingo, you seem to have an in with BDC Dottie, would you try to get through to her and find out the scoop?  I'd hate to just switch on the computer one morning and click on BDC and get nothing.  Hopefully if it is going to happen they will give us a little notice.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi tt -

Today, I tried to read an article.  I clicked on the link and was asked for a lot of info before I could read it.  I realized it was bostonglobe.com not boston.com, even though it's on the bdc site.  I don't get it!  I get home delivery of the Sunday Globe and am already paying a monthly fee for access to all (or so I thought) of boston.com.  Now there is bostonglobe.com.  I guess I have to investigate some more and figure out the difference.  IMO it's ridiculous!

mothermitzi  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I had somethng like that a few weeks ago.  I had cleaned out cookies (aren't I smart to know how to do that?!) and in the process probably deleted some of the cookies letting me visit BDC.  It didn't ask for any subscriiption fee, but wanted to know if I subscribed to home delivery - which I do - on Sunday's only.  This past week G.T. couldn't get into CC, just got a blank page.  That's why I'm questioning now what happens to the CC once whatever they are putting into effect happens.

ETA:  I know even with Chrome it's been very slow moving in CC the last week or so.  At first when I click to go back I get a blank page with that little blue circle spinning, spinning.  Figured it was too much stuff on my computer, so have been going back in deleting old messages etc.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

you guys are making me want meatloaf tonight, but we are having chicken.  Icer and mm and ss, nice to here from you today.  MM, sounds like you had a great time in the North End.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm not having it agan tonight, Winter.  Since I didn't make a stop for stuff for a fruit salad, will probably have a big bowl of frosted corn flakes.

Went up to Home Goods to look for a decorative timer.  Had one in the shape of a pear for years that I loved, but dropped it about a month ago.  My stove didn't come with a timer, so I've been on my own using my watch.  They had nothing but the regular standard ones - don't want that.  But, if anyone is looking for Fall or Halloween decorations, they have loads.  Could not find much I wanted, only a new Pyrex 2 cup measuring cup.  The lines and numbers on mine have all worn off.

Think I will have to head up to Kittery to a kitchen store for what I'm looking for.  I believe I bought the green pear at the kitchen store that used to be over N.Sh Mall in Peabody.  That store is long gone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh how I loved Kitchen, Etc.  I was so sad when they went out of business.

tt, look what I found.  Timer 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

In Response to Re: September 2011:
    [QUOTE]I had somethng like that a few weeks ago.  I had cleaned out cookies (aren't I smart to know how to do that?!) and in the process probably deleted some of the cookies letting me visit BDC.  It didn't ask for any subscriiption fee, but wanted to know if I subscribed to home delivery - which I do - on Sunday's only.  This past week G.T. couldn't get into CC, just got a blank page.  That's why I'm questioning now what happens to the CC once whatever they are putting into effect happens. ETA:  I know even with Chrome it's been very slow moving in CC the last week or so.  At first when I click to go back I get a blank page with that little blue circle spinning, spinning.  Figured it was too much stuff on my computer, so have been going back in deleting old messages etc.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

The same thing happened to me today.  The circle was spinning and twice I lost my second post.  Very slow.  I don't think it's your computer tt.

mothermitzi

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OMG - so cute.  Just came in and sat down to google and see what I could find.  Certainly will keep that one in mind, Winter.

ETA:  Found my green pear on Amazon but it comes in a set of 3, a pear, a pineapple and a strawberry and doesn't give any info re size etc.  Seems very cheap.  I paid around $17 just for my pear, I'm sure when I bought it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

In Response to Re: September 2011:
    [QUOTE]you guys are making me want meatloaf tonight, but we are having chicken.  Icer and mm and ss, nice to here from you today.  MM, sounds like you had a great time in the North End.
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

Thanks winter, we did.  I love being on Hanover Street on a Saturday night.  Great people watching and of course, I could eat everything in those dessert cases! 

mothermitzi

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Want to catch the 5 p.m. news - channel 4 said they will be covering murder you spoke about, Icer.  Who knows, maybe your husband and his vans will be on the footage of vehicles they searched!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

haha TT...I don't think so...They did find him in a shed...must have been part of their intelligence...the perp being in a tool or work vehicle...Honey and his guys couldn't get to where they need to go today...they'll go 2morow

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Terrible crime.  So glad they caught him - channel 7 had a good coverage of it.  Looked as tho traffice was slowed down in both directions while they stopped cars.  Glad DH and men will be able to get to their job site tomorrow.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

me too...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, ladies!

Back from an exciting trip to the dentist with Gracie and quasi caught up here.  I'll do the best I can to remember things as I respond.

Pingo, I do have a bit of a trick to get the goo separated from the pumpkin seeds.  After pinching them out of the bulk of it so they are mostly free, I put them in a fine mess strainer and rub the seeds quite hard against the metal.  The sticky goo comes right off and gets rinsed away.

Yes, I mentioned I saw an ad about the globe online being "free through September," BUT I just learned that boston.com is not the same as bostonglobe.com (I didn't realize the WAS a bostonglobe.com).  So, I wonder if the change will impact us here at all.  I hope Dottie clears it up.

Icer, that's excitement none of us need!

Nov, hope your toe continues to feel better soon.

Well, Gracie was an angel at the doggie dentist, but, gasp, she needs another $1500 worth of work.  That includes a full set of optional x-rays and a cleaning, but now is the time - she'll be under anesthesia for the extraction, anyway, and it only adds $300 to the $1200 absolutely necessary amount.  So, why not, right?  If she has any hidden damage we don't find no, we'll have to have her under again to take care of it when we do discover it.

I heard a kitchen beep...

ETA:  It was the pumpkin seeds, all done!  YUM!  And, speaking of "YUM!" your meatloaf sounds AWESOME, tt - I love anything with sour cream and creamy italian dressing...and meat, of course. ;)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Poor Gracie.  She's been under anesthesia a lot in her young life.  Did the dr. think it unusual for a dog to break its tooth like that?  When will she have the extraction?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Hi everyone. Just checking in. m.m., I live in the North End now. My favorite place for coffee is Cafe Vittoria. Cappucino and Tirimasu. The danger of Tirimaso, is that it feels light. I don't even want to know the caloric content. Oh well, I do walk around a lot to burn those calories off. Kar, Gracie has been through a lot, as have you and D.H. caring for her. She really is beautiful. Thankyou for the anniversary suggestion. D.H. is the better cook here, and we do need new pots and pans. I'm used to a gas stove, and now have an electric ceramic one. I'm trying to get used to not having as much control over the heat as I did with the gas stove. Oh, also the microwave oven is also a convection oven. What is that?            Icer, your D.H. and crew must have been so confused. Wow. I saw that on the news. Nov., Hope your foot feels better. I like wearing heels, and had a bruised toe once- Not so comfy.Winter, How is D.S. doing with school and his extracurricular stuff? My D.D. is doing well, but now it seems there are more assignments to be done, music, and crew that she doesn't seem to have enough downtime. She tells me she's O.K. with it, and can handle it. bg

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hi Kar, too bad that Gracie has to go under again, but I agree that it's necessary and you might as well get it all done.  We are debating putting Buster "under" again.  His gums are growing up over his teeth so bad, very typical for boxers.  Our prior boxer had this same issue and we had her have the gum surgery and she was much better after, so we may do the same for Buster. 

BG - What day is your anniversary?  Mine & DH's is 10/4.  We don't exchange gifts, but will probably go out to dinner somewhere.  Haven't even really thought about it yet to be honest with you, lol.  Glad to hear that your DD is doing well.

Icer - sounds like too much excitement for me.  I saw the incident on the news, such a tragic story.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning all,

Crawled into bed at 9:00 last night and slept through until 4 something this morning.  Now, that's a good night's sleep!  Hadn't slept much at all the night before, so I guess exhaustion just took over.  Up at 6:30 this morning and have ingredients out to make pancakes.  Going out this morning, so have a nice early start on the day.