September 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: September 2011

In Response to Re: September 2011:
    [QUOTE]tt, you make it and I'll be over for some :) I'll stop talking about it now.  Need to get lunch.
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

Mine was a salad and a slice of meatloaf (very edible).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Move over, pumpkin, she pulled up that shade for me - - -

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The cable guy was here so early I forgot my cuppa.  Having a tea now hoping to prevent a caffeine withdrawal headache but not keep me up all night.

And, I have this strange craving for...FUDGE!!  I wonder why?  Wink

I've got 2 eggplants and 2 acorn squashes in the oven.  And, cracker dough mixing away in the bread maker.  I love that machine.  Will be getting on the pumpkin bread soon.  Would like to take Gracie for a little walk first...

DH is fixing our washer himself; the part will be here today or tomorrow.  He's so handy...I'd be far too intimidated to try that.  I can just imagine the washer AND me in pieces on the floor. lol  In the meantime, laundry has been piling up since Saturday.

I'm watching Hoarders in Hi Def right now - even scarier, lol!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt,
    It wasn't really a waste. We did end up having a nice meal. It was just a pain getting to it. I had a sandwich of it for lunch as well (lots of broken up pieces), and it was delicious.  I believe the hamburger I bought was 85%. I never buy the leanest - it has no taste.
    Could be my oven is way off. I haven't had any problems w/it so far. But after all it is 20 years old, and anything could go wrong now any time. I need to check it. Good to have it checked before all the TG baking and cooking starts. I usually use my convection oven for baking and cooking, but since I wanted to do it "as per instruction" yesterday, I used my regular oven. - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]TT your story about the pancakes made my eyes well up with tears...Our Grandmother used to make fudge...so the next post was poingant to me as well. Right before she passed was my son's birthday...she gave him fudge with the recipe. Yes, the crew had a hard time yesterday..they decided not to go back today either...I had a similiar thing happen to me in Marshfield a few years ago...It was a 3 day weekend, and they hire a lot of tempory help...Rent-a-cop they used to call them. I got pulled over for going through a yellow light...At the time I was working in Marshfield...the officer made a mistake when he plugged in something and it turned up..to him...that I had a warrant out....I did not...He took me into custody whereupon it was quickly discovered his mistake....I was released but I was also cautioned that the mistake may remain in the system and maybe I should stay close to my home...I did...I left the town shoirtly after that.
    Posted by icer[/QUOTE]

Icer, are you notorious or something?  Is there more you want to tell us ? LOL
    My gosh, to tell you to stick closer to home is almost like sayng,. If you come this way again, pardner, you just might be arrested"!  That's awful.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Awesome Cheerio photo, tt, I LOVE your jack-o-lantern, and Cheerio is her always gorgeous self.  (I didn't see it before I posted above.)  You've reminded me to get our Fall things down from the attick today.  It feels like summer, but Fall is here.  Time to put away the Easter eggs, lol.

I had an apartment where the oven was off by about 75 degrees.  You can imagine my frustration until I figured that out!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, my craving for fudge has subsided - wonder why - had about 6 Hershey's miniatures of various flavors, and then the last of the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches!  Now, I've got to get up and get it worked off.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL, tt!  You knocked that craving out of the park!  :)

I think I'll have a frozen something or other from TJs for lunch.  Easy, fast, delicious.  If I were single I'd be a totally different poster...nothing fun would be coming from my kitchen.  Can you even believe that all I ever ate was Chinese delivery and Dominos for all of 2006?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

, I am at work but I did just make my Kashi Apple & Cinnamon oatmeal.

Have you ever tried the Ocean Spray Cranberry and Pomegranate instant oatmeal?  I usually cook Quaker 1 minute oatmeal (less, if no sugar), but lately have tried the O.S. instant and really like it.  Sugar, I know.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

TJs let me down today, such a rarity.  Anyway, I love their frozen Palak Paneer (Indian spinach cheese dish), but I tried their shelf version.  WAY too salty.  I know processed foods are heavy on the salt, but usually don't taste so salty I can't eat it.  I had to add hot sauce, plain steamed brocolli, and unsalted walnuts to dilute the massive saltiness.  I'm bringing the other packages back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, this is the only oatmeal that I like.  My lunch was a burritto in a bowl from Chiptole. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Love the picture tt.  Cherrio wants to push that pumpkin off the counter.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]TJs let me down today, such a rarity.  Anyway, I love their frozen Palak Paneer (Indian spinach cheese dish), but I tried their shelf version.  WAY too salty.  I know processed foods are heavy on the salt, but usually don't taste so salty I can't eat it.  I had to add hot sauce, plain steamed brocolli, and unsalted walnuts to dilute the massive saltiness.  I'm bringing the other packages back.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Too bad about your lunch.  I don't salt anything I make, baked or cooked, so I really notice in prepared dishes.  Can't eat the frozen meals because they taste so salty (and they are, I found by reading the ingredients!), but I have been really pleased with the couple of prepared meals I have gotten at Hannaford's. One was an oriental ginger salad with grilled chicken strips across the top, and I can't remember the first one I tried, but I know I liked it.  Easy enough to prepare at home, perhaps, but for $5.99 or maybe even $4.99, this was an easy lunch for me to pick up and I thoroughly ahhhed my way through.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, you are so right. Their shelf Indian food is just awful. I was happy to see they started to carry them, because I could put them in care packages to our son, while he was in Japan. But he told me they were inedible.  Since tried one myself. The Mahkni Dhal, which is supposed to be a delicacy in the South of India, and takes a lot of work to make from scratch.  Couldn't eat it.
    Good you had a way to make yours edible. - Pingo

[QUOTE]TJs let me down today, such a rarity.  Anyway, I love their frozen Palak Paneer (Indian spinach cheese dish), but I tried their shelf version.  WAY too salty.  I know processed foods are heavy on the salt, but usually don't taste so salty I can't eat it.  I had to add hot sauce, plain steamed brocolli, and unsalted walnuts to dilute the massive saltiness.  I'm bringing the other packages back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, oh, yeah, you'd turn wrong side out with one bite of these things if you never use any salt.  I happen to like salt, though, and use a variety of salts in my cooking, and even I could barely choke this down.  

Sorry, Pingo, you guys found it to be equally disgusting.  What a letdown!!  I'll be sure to add your opinion to mine when I return them.  They are good about taking anything back you don't like - they don't lay a guilt trip on you, either.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Pingo, I made your noodle dish, DD took one taste and turned her nose up, made herself a PB&J sandwich.....I should have know better, once I saw that Kar likened it to Hamburger Helper....I have never served that to my family, I know they have all different kinds, but no thanks, guess its how I was raised, we don't eat frozen foods either. It was a change from our regular, but I won't be serving it for my lunch or any time soon, ....now I'm thinking of Chicken ala King (I call it Chicken Frigasee), have an order in at the grocers for some fowl.  I have a terrific recipe for fudge, only has 4 ingredients (well 5 if you count a dash of salt), I made it last Christmas and my son in laws loved it....don't make it thru the year cause like the Hermits, I'd eat it all.  Gotta go and try and find my medication, I ordered it over the phone and they called and said they couldn't sent it to me, not until Nov.!!, they claim I got an order in August. DH's medication was missing, a heart pill, he needs everyday, when I went hunting I found it in his drawer.....nope mines not there.....couple more spots to look then I'll call and just tell them I NEED the meds, please resend!! Take care all and enjoy this beautiful weather. ss

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, goodness, I didn't mean for the Hamburger Helper comment to be negative - HH has been popular (and its number of different flavors increased) for decades.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

ss, don't feel bad, that your family didn't like it. I don't feel bad. We don't all have the same tastebuds and likings.
    I have never in my life used Hamburger Helper either, even though I know it must be popular. I see many customers stock it. 6 - 8 packages at the time.
    There are only two frozen items I use. One is Baby Green Peas - can rarely find any fresh peas, I can shell. And if they are available they are just awful. We used to eat "tons" of them as children. The other one is corn kernels, when corn is out of season. I use them for a black bean/corn salad I make, when I have veggie guests. I never buy canned anything either. Except on occasion I buy canned beans.  Black, navy and chickpeas (but never green beans). If I use them, I make sure to rinse them several times. They are so full of salt and preservatives. But I mostly cook my own beans in my crockpot. A lbs. at the time and freeze them in manageable portions.
    You are so right. It is all how we were brought up. My DH f.ex. would never eat leftovers for several years after we were married. Where he grew up, there was no refrigeration, so if any leftovers - they were given to the servants or the poor. I love leftovers. My mom always made a huge batch of whatever, and it truly tasted so much better the next day. I have slowly "trained" him, so now he doesn't mind leftovers any more. But he still to this day prefer a freshly cooked meal.
    Chicken Fricassee? Oh, one of my favorites, when I was a child. My mom often served in tartlets. - Pingo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Wow..Ss. I hope you get that medicaion situation straightened out...YIKEs..I an not imgine.

Honey and I do still love Marshfield ...but when someone of authority cautions you..you take it!! Its just that siimple.

You all know its because my grandmother only knew how to make lemonade and fudge when she married my Grandfather..that she turned to The Confidential Chat....tallk about coming full circle.

I am watching the news right now...Has anyone else seen that two faced cat....WOw..Looks so bizarre but I am glad it has a good home.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OMG, Icer, I can't bear to look at it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

99 bottles of beer on the wall - 99 bottles of  beer
    took one off to have for supper
    98 bottles of beer on the wall.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Two faced cat?!

SS, I hope you get your meds situation straightened out pronto.  I'd stay on the phone until it was resolved if it were me.

ETA:  Just saw your post, tt, about the beer.  Mmm, I LOVE Fall beers and have two pumpkin ales in the fridge right now.  Had one this afternoon; it's like drinking pumpkin pie. :)  What did you have?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That's why I have Costco and my wonderful Peter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

ss, still haven't found your meds? You know, our postman where I live, is not responsible at all. He doesn't ever come to the house if there is a certified letter or any package. If it doent's fit in my mailbox, he just leave it on the top of it - or on the ground.  Argh! Doesn't even bother to drive into  my driveway and leave it on my front steps. Maybe that is what happened to you.
    I have complained oodles of times to the higher ups. Never got an answer. So now, when I order something, I always have it mailed to my office. Our office mailman have been with us since we moved in - and I can count on him. Never lost a thing.
    How sad that the postal service have deteriorated to badly. The postage is going up, while the service is going down. - Pingo

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Two faced cat?! SS, I hope you get your meds situation straightened out pronto.  I'd stay on the phone until it was resolved if it were me. ETA:  Just saw your post, tt, about the beer.  Mmm, I LOVE Fall beers and have two pumpkin ales in the fridge right now.  Had one this afternoon; it's like drinking pumpkin pie. :)  What did you have?

Oh, I'm not adventurous - I pretty much stick with one for a couple of years, and then I might change.  I like Michelob Ultra - it's a light beer, doesn't make me sleepy and isn't heavy at all on my stomach.  My boys bring their own at holiday time and make fun of Ma's beer.