September 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: September 2011

Ah the days of manhattans.  Used to love those. ( I do realize you are talking about martinis, but my favorite was the manhattan).  My girlfriend and I could have a couple.  Been a long time since I could do that!

SS, I love Mike's Lemonade, is that what you're talking about?  My neighbor's husband (the one involved in the divorce) used to keep that on hand, mainly for me, I think.  When we'd be playing cards he'd always go down cellar and bring up a few.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I like Mike's Hard lemonade myself.  My favorite is the Black Cherry and the Rasberry Lemonades.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

God morning ladies,
    All your talk about beer left me out. I usually don't drink it - unless it is a home brewed one by one of our sons. TX son now has a nice setup and have made some fantastic tasting beer. Hope he will have a Christmas beer for us this Christmas.
    I saw the two headed cat on the news. Made me feel ill. So nice she/he has a good home.
    Martinis are my DH's favorite. I made some tiny pickled onions, some pickled okra and some pickled jalapeno to go with it. He and our friends love them. Wish I could make the brined olives too. TX son has an olive orchard close by.  But it is quite an undertaking - so I scratched that.
    On my way to the office. Yesterday's rest gave me back some energy. Lots to tackle.
    You all have a great day - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hope the UN reliable sourse is reliable this time. - Congrats if it is true. Will change your life, I am sure. - Pingo

In Response to Re: September 2011:
    [QUOTE]O.k...Had to shoot in here...I have heard from a very un reliable source..Gf is pregnant..they are waiting another 30 days to tell people...cross fingers
    Posted by icer[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Medication dilema solved!!  I looked everywhere possible, no go!!  Went to my files and pulled up the Medco folder, where I have all the invoices filed by dates, none there for the date they told me they had sent the meds, I called and told her what I found, she apoligized and said they would send me a replacement, no charge and by express mail, I told her "if" I happened to find the medication I would call and inform them and they could charge me.....I know I won't find it...so glad for their understanding, I know I couldn't have gone from now till the middle of Nov. for them to send the next order on the due date.  I hope if any of you younger writers smoke, you would try to stop, sure wish I had stopped sooner or never started.  I would probably be a healthy millionaire today!!   ss

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Thank goodness..SS...I was a little worried...thanks for letting us know

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, I'd have a glass of wine with you.  I like a lot of very diverse things.  Can't even say what my favorite is.  Your olives sound very nice.  I've never had any that aren't brined.

Mike's is my SIL's favorite.  She's not a beer drinker, either.

The cat was really disturbing.  I hope it wasn't done on purpose.

tt, feeling better?  Usually, if I'm sniffly when I first get up, I'm better by now.  Hope you are, too.

ETA:  SS, just saw your good news about the medication snafu being fixed.  Good detective work!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

--Ah the days of manhattans--

tt, I used to like those too. Have a funny story to tell. One year DH completely forgot our anniversary. We went to Cannobi Lake that day with the boys. Had a great time. I wasn't moping, just thought it was funny, he didn't remember it.
    After a long day, we got home and I told him, I wanted to go to Hill Top for dinner (at that time it was still a good place to eat, and I loved their Lobster Casserole).  He looked at me as if I had two heads. Really? Yes, I was insisting.
    Sitting there, I ordered a Manhattan, his eyes popping out!  He must have thought, I was totally off the wall. Never order a drink unless he does. Still didn't get it - he ordered something too, I don't remember what. When I lifted my glass and told him, "Happy Anniversary!", he was speechless. The boys knew, but had kept mum all day. I know, it was a "mean" thing to do, but at the same time, it was funny (for me at least). He has never forgotten it since then. - Pingo

Ps. Can't drink those Manhattans any more.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Cute story, Pingo.  I'm sure you both laugh about it now. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

love your story Pingo..I bet mr. Pingo remembers it well...I have never tried a Manhattan..Mom used to drink those back in the day...I see the parralell though..Martinis and Manhattons both are all alcohol.

I love love love Dirty Martinis..think I have to have one tonight

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Icer, if you can find the blue or gorgonzola stuffed olives, they take a dirty martini to the next level!

Pingo, I'm so amused by your anniversary story, especially my mental image of his face when you raised your glass!  Love it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Really...I will try that.Thanks Kar...You guys were talking about home brewed beers....Our neighbor grows hops(sp?) and does that...only thing is..I never realized how closely related hops are to morning glorries...we now have hops growing in our morning glories. I will post the pictures in gardening but here is the one of the hops

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ooooh, how cool is that?!  Nice photo, too.  It's funny what's related...you'd never guess it.  (yes, you spelled hops right)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sent that on to G.T.  They have a lot of morning glories growing - at least they tell me they are morning glories!

Interesting.  Tho, rose hops - oh no, it's rose hips that are in my Vitamin C.

Just got in from S&S and obviously hungry.  So salad and Y&R.  Chat later.

Now I'm craving a Mike's Lemonade!  Darn you people!  Now I'll have to venture up to the packie this afternoon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'd share if I had any!  You can try my pumpkin ale, though, if you like.  Here...you can have the first sip.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I guess it depends on what Victor Newman does today...That will determine whether or not TT will partake of your ale....too funny

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's getting warm.......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm settling for Edy's black cherry/vanilla frozen yogurt - WITH, choc jimmies, a squirt of whipped cream, and a cherry.
    Gotta get back to Y&R

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh tt, that sounds sooo good. Now I want one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Serves you right - all this talk about Mike's lemonade -- -

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

looks like Abbey is pregnant in real life

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]looks like Abbey is pregnant in real life
    Posted by icer[/QUOTE]

What????  I didn't see any belly - I think you've got babies on the brain!  Completely understandable, but still - - -

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

All you ladies talking about Y & R makes me want to watch it. I would never make it to my office then. Could be a good thing - for me at least. But I don't think my boss would approve. - Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL, Pingo - I hear the boss there is tough!  ;)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: September 2011 : What????  I didn't see any belly - I think you've got babies on the brain!  Completely understandable, but still - - -
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

Mark my words...she is carring a lot of big pocketbooks lately...its not just that I have babies on the brain