September 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: September 2011

Good morning, Icer

Sorry to hear Baby's not doing well.  Previous pictures you had posted of her never gave away her age, that's remarkable that she's 17.  Hope she's with you a few more years.

Yeah, except for Y&R, sometimes I don't turn on the TV at all until after supper.  Hard to listen to a news broadcast that has nothing but tragedy.  I used to watch the Today show, or at least have it on to pop in and out, but as I've said before Ann Curry is not my cup of tea - the chemestry between her and Matt is just not there.  I try to give myself a computer free day now and then, but if I'm home, usually end up as always, popping back in here, especially mornings, to see what's going on.

Thinking ahead to supper and what to take out of the freezer.  Bought a head of cabbage in my shopping yesterday.  Had no specific plans for it, just felt like some boiled cabbage.  Nothing in the freezer to go along with it, I don't think unless I thaw out another piece of the crockpot barbecue pork and reheat that.  That might be a good combination.

Cheerio waits patiently for the rest of her breakfast, and I'm ready for mine, so chat later.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning everyone,

Finally figured out my Droid and must admit I really like it.  I went on the forums last night, but found out I can't post : (  I can read them though, which is nice.  Not sure why I can't but never no mind since I probably would be glued to my phone and don't want to become one of "them" : )  I too hate getting up when it is dark and really dislike when we turn the clocks and it is dark when I get up and dark when I get home.  Ugh..  tt, love your new avatar.  I think the 2  pictures of Cheerio with the pumpkins are the best yet.  Going out after work with a couple of co-workers to the Union Oyster House for a drink and app.  Haven't been there in forever.  Will stay for a short while as my bus schedule isn't the best the later it gets.  Have a great day everyone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hi Amber - I have a Blackberry and can't access the boards with it either. I can access every other site, very strange.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I feel better knowing that Princess.  I can get to the forums, but I can't post anything.  Would be nice if I could.  Not sure if it is the smart phones or Boston.com

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, everyone,

Prin, I do hope you can get some great photos (even action shots if they won't sit still) at Puppy Pawlooza.  You'll really appreciate having those photos...we love looking at Gracie's First Year Picture Book, and I think I'll make new ones over the years, too, so the pictures aren't hidden on the computer forever.

Icer, sorry Baby isn't herself.  Maybe it's just a bug - 17 is on the older side, but there could be many more years for her.  And, yes, the news gets tiresome, doesn't it?  When I was single I never knew what was going on - I never watched it and never missed it.  I figured if anything "big" happened someone would mention it...and they did.

tt, Ache sure does know how to push everyone's buttons!  Cheerio isn't fat at all - she's purrrrrrrrfect. :)

DH fixed the washing machine with just a part, no directions even, in about 20 minutes this morning.  And, our first of many loads just beeped.  Yay!

Aside from laundry, I'll be taking Gracie for her second opinion regarding her tooth today in Worcester at noon.  What else...oh, yeah, we'll be joining tt in a cabbage dinner.  I have to pick up DH's favorite to go in it, ground turkey, when I go out with Gracie.

Have a great day, everyone,
    ~kar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Happy to hear you like your phone Amber.  I can't get to the boards on mine either, at least not through the bdc app.  Never tried it on safari.  You must, must, download Office Jerk - perfect game for when you need to blow off a little steam.

Prin Cal, please do bring your camera to pawlooza.  Fur blurs make fun pictures, too!

GL at the doggie dentist, Kar.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I can't find anything online for "Pawlooza" for this weekend.  I found "Doggie Pawlooza" in Hingham that was on the 18th, but that's it.  Where are you going, Prin?  I was trying to find out for Gracie...

thanks, Nov!  I'm realllly hoping it's a LOT less than $1300 - $1500 bucks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just looking at the date - and "30 days has September - "  So Saturday will be the start of a new thread.  Let's appoint someone to be the starter so we're not all sitting around waiting for someone to be the first poster of October - Who will be around to kick the month off and hasn't done it in a while?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thanks for the tip on Office Jerk November.  I downloaded Angry Birds and that is a lot of fun too.  This was on Boston.com today.  I don't think we have to worry about the boards.  Bostonglobe.com is separate from Boston.com.

Boston.com, New England’s largest regional news and information site, will remain free to users and will continue to offer breaking news and sports coverage, community conversations, blogs, daily deals, entertainment listings, photo galleries, and classifieds, along with limited offerings from that day’s Boston Globe. Since sports is our regional passion, most Boston Globe sports coverage will continue to appear on Boston.com. During the summer, we added new features to Boston.com including blogs for beer, wine, and art to name a few. More recently, we launched Spotted, a photo gallery of people at local hot spots, and a new blog, The Next Great Generation, which features writing from GenY authors on local topics. We’re not stopping there. We will continue to roll out additional features and functionality to Boston.com throughout the fall. If you have ideas for what you’d think to see on Boston.com, as always, we’d love to hear from you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hi Kar - Good luck with your appt today.  As for Puppy Pawlooza, this is just a party a friend of mine has every year, and we just call it that.  Sorry to confuse you! Smile

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Icer, so sorry Baby isn't feeling well.  Novem, I can't wait to see Jax in his styling orange collar.  Kar, good luck at the appointment with Gracie...and happy laundry day.  PC, I hope you can get some photos of the dogs this weekend.
    tt, after a long day, once my son was in bed I settled down with your favorite and a brownie that I made Sunday.

ETA:  The brownie and Mike's look so much larger in the photo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks for the info, about Boston.com Amber.  That's a relief.
    Sorry to hear you can't post with your new phone.  We need more people on the week-ends, tho I suppose most people are busy with their families who are off from work then anyway.  My week-ends are usually pretty dull with not much running around even, so I'm always looking to "chat".

Good luck with the dental appt. today, Kargiver.  If it is a lot less will you be having it done then and there or is this just a second opinion appt.?  Did you get anywhere with Angell?  I just got my plea for annual donation from MSPCA yesterday and promptly made out my usual $50 donation.  They were the only ones who would take the 18-20 cats/kittens G.T. had to have-a-heart trap years ago - kittens having kittens - that was my fiasco that started with feeding one old beat up, one-eared white cat at the back of my yard.  That's why I won't start that up again.  He said he'd never do it again for me.  Had to rent cages and then make 4 trips back and forth to boston and back with them. No other shelter would take the ferals.  Anyway, enough about that.  Makes me sick to think of it even now - 18-20 cats out there howling twice a day for food.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, that looks so good!  Beautiful high brownie, and the lemonade doesn't look bad either!

I think it's hysterical how we all feed (literally) off each other with the what we're eating/drinking!  One person mentions something (I'm sure someone mentioned cabbage sometime this week) and then the rest of us promptly have the desire for that food!  I have no idea why I stopped as I walked by the cabbages yesterday, but had the urge to buy one!  Have already taken out a piece of the barbecue pork to thaw for tonight's cabbage/pork supper.  Who else now, is going to join Kargiver and me with cabbage in their future meal plans?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am dissapointed tt for sure.  Very confusing why I can see everything but just can't post.  What a wonderful thing GT did and I understand why he wouldn't want to do it again.  But not your fault at all. Yeah you fed a cat, but it obviously wasn't fixed. Too many people get cats and don't spay/neuter them and then let the kittens and cats out to reproduce.  My neighbor did that with 4 female cats she had.  That is how I got Tigger and Boo.  Neighbors started complaining and one day, the husband just took them all and threw them in his car (no cat carrier) and drove off.  I was sick to my stomach as I know he probably just let them out anywhere.  This is the day after I took Boo.  Always tell him he is a lucky kitty.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I won't be joining you for cabbage this week.  DH doesn't like it (though he's a red headed Irish/Scotchmen.  But your whoopies pie look awesome.

Amber too bad about your phone.  I'd test my droid, but I left it at home today :(

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

No cabbage for me, either.  We don't eat it, except for the oriental salad and occasionally cole slaw. 
    I don't count today though b/c I don't have to make dinner tonight - going out with DH and my brother and SIL.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Eating out sounds even better, Novem.  I'm a lover of boiled cabbage with loads of butter, pepper and a good drizzle of vinegar.  Mmm Mmm Mmm

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning all,
    Cabbage all around tonight. Made my cabbage soup last night. I had a bowl full, but DH wasn't home, so there is plenty for tonight and some more. I call it my "skinny soup". It made me lose weight (now 20 lbs.) - and it is delicious.
    So sorry to hear Baby is not feeling well, Icer. Hopefully it is just a bug. 17 years is a lot of years though, but I hope he/she will stay with you for several more.
    Too bad Amber, you cannot post. I was looking forward to hear from you off work as well. I don't know much about smart phones, but I will ask our son. He is coming Saturday. I will have him try to post from his phone. If he can't find a way do it, then forget it.
    Love you new avatar, tt. So fall like, and Cheerio is so pretty. Mothermitzy  used to have a Fall avatar with pretty fall leaves, which I loved. Hope she will display that again.
    Good luck with the dentist today, Kar. $1200 for extracting a tooth, seems like a lot of money. But come to think of it - she will have full anesthesia and that entails a lot of other things. Just like when a person go under for a procedure.
    How is the toe, November? Can you wear your heels again?
    Except for going to the office, not much of plans for today. Dinner and rolls are already done. I have 3 bananas, that need to be used, so I will make Banana Ice Cream tonight instead. Also need to make some more strawberry jam. I will go and get the strawberries out of my freezer as soon as I post this post, so they can sit and macerate for the day.
    Chat later - Pingo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I'm back in my heels, today, as a matter of fact Pingo!  Laughing  The bruise is almost all gone and now it only hurts if I put direct pressure on it (like standing on my tippy toes or squatting).  Thanks goodness, too - I'm going to the Big E this weekend and will be doing a lot of walking!

ETA:  Congrats on your 20 lb loss, Pingo.  Bravo!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Kargiver, I see by your post on the Jobs Advice thread you are back from your dental appt. with Gracie.  How did you make out?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, yes, I'm back!  Saw that one and posted there just before I skipped up to Pets and posted.  She did great, and we're paying $385 instead of $1500 for essentially the same thing.  I gave a longer winded story in Pets.  Thanks for all the well wishes here, too!!

Someone in the Parents section noted that she could not post from a smart phone this morning (sounds like she used to be able to) in the thread in "General" by the new BDC woman, kristi).

That snack looks awesome!  Oh, the baked goods around here...talk about cravings and inspiring each other.  I want a tasty treat so bad, now.

So, tt, Winter, kargiver, and Pingo, all having cabbage!  Funny. :)

~kar

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh no, no cabbage for me.  But I'm sure I'll have another brownie when I get home. :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pouring out here, the Heavens opened up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

House smells like someone Irish lived here - - the odor of cabbage permeates the whole house, brown rice cooking, and barbecue pork heating in oven!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Reminded G.T. to get pics of the cats tonight.    He replied:

Yeah Yeah,  I have some pumpkins in eaves.  maybe I'll wrap them both up like Mummies  That would be good on many levels.

I could wrap them in black fabric and hang them from the ceiling like spiders!

And you all think he's so nice!