September 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: September 2011

Good morning ladies,
    tt, I don't think you are weird either. I talk out loud to my mom, dad and sister. Especially my sister. We used to share mom's recipes and often called each other for ingredients, we had forgotten about. "What was it Mom put in this or that, that made it taste so good?" I still ask her, and low and behold - the answer suddenly pops up from "nowhere". It is quite interesting, the way Cheerio responding to the name. That kitty of yours is a smart one, but you know that already.
    Bg, to wait 3 hours for an appointment is inexcusable. Definitely tell them, when you visit today. But if I were you, I would go a step further. To me it seems, they forgot about friend. If someone at the front desk scr*wed up, do you think they would ever tell their boss? Most times the docs are completely unaware of what is going on in their front offices. I would write a letter directed to the doc and explain to him, that you waited 3 hours and had to reschedule, and that you would not recommend his office to anyone. End your letter with: Please advice. That way you will hopefully get an answer back, and not have someone front desk receptionist throw it in the waste basket. He will probably be mortified, not knowing that these thing are happening. Today, the docs are very concerned about their patients happiness. Their revenues are way down. People just don't have the money to go around for doc visits and postpone, unless it is an dire emergency.  My own doc had to lay off a couple of long time staffers for that reason.  
    Getting ready for TX son's visit tmw. He will be here around noon time. Have a lot of errands to do today. Will end up at MB this afternoon to pick up lobsters to steam and pick for lobster rolls for tomorrow's lunch. He loves them.
    Enjoy this lovely sunny but cool day - Pingo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

A more direct approach to get results, tho bg has probably already been to today's appt., is to tell the doctor when you go in for the appt.  I had to do that on 2 different occasions with 2 different doctors, one quite a few years ago.  I stopped him in the corridor of the hospital and told him.  He wasn't surprised, his reply was, "Oh we've had other complaints about that person, but I thought it had been resolved.  I'll look into it again.  Thank you for letting me know and let me know if you have any furthr problems."

Went over to Brooksby's this morning and got a bag of Cortlands, a box of pears, a beautiful eggplant, and some of their home grown tomatoes - can't wait to slice one of those on today's salad.  Of course had to stop at Job Lots on the way back to pick up birdseed, AND snacks (don't let Ache see that).  Beautiful day out, much warmer than I thought from inside my house tho.

Posted a pic G.T. did take last night - trying out a new technique - he didn't think it was good enough to post, but I thought it fit in perfectly with the "scarey Halloween" theme on our Fall Pics under the Pets thread.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I just had a pulled pork burrito as a treat.  I normally bring a lunch.  It was so good!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: September 2011:
    I just had a pulled pork burrito as a treat.  I normally bring a lunch.  It was so good!
    Posted by ambergirl

Instead of a salad I heated up the leftover cabbage and small piece of pork.  Topped off by a couple of Hershey's minatures.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I love Hershey minatures.  My favorite is Mr. Goodbar.  I buy them when they are on sale at CVS and fill up the candy jar at my desk.  Needless to say they don't last long!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I think Mr. Goodbar is everyone's favorite.  I wish they sold bags of just miniature Mr.Goodbars!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

My plans totally changed this morning. Due to UPS. Arrrg! I had ordered some items for our office server. TX son wanted to work on it this weekend. Was supposed to be delivered today. Tracked it this morning and found: 1) Out for delivery 2) Attempted delivery @ 9:06am???? Attempted??? Our office opens at 8.
    So I called their 800 number and pressed buttons for about 10 minutes - not a person in sight to speak to. Fortunately I live very close to UPS central. So I took my printout to them. Lady there said, she couldn't do anyting for me. If it was on the truck, it was on the truck and wouldn't get back until after 7pm. Had to wait to Monday delivery (when DS is at the conference). Well, I kept complaining - and finally she told me she would call someone.
    Long story short. It had NEVER been placed on the truck for delivery. Someone in our office building had alerted UPS that they are closed Fridays (probably our dentist). That means NO ONE in the building will get Friday deliveries at that address. Imagine that? And the tracking clearly stated it was out for delivery and that a delivery was attempted. Well, I have the merchandise now, but I needed so to vent. I was fuming when I left. I am definitely going to let UPS higher ups know. It ruined my entire morning. Thanks for listening.
    On a much happier note. I googled Irish Cabbage Recipes and found a really scrumptious recipe called Irish Heritage Cabbage. Can't wait to try it:
    Now I am off to TJ's and MB.
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/irish-heritage-cabbage/detail.aspx
    Have to get the best of what is left for today - Pingo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

That is terrible Pingo and I know what you mean by ruining your day.  What is the point of using the tracking, and I do, if it is wrong???  wow....  Going to check out your recipe now.  I am another one who loves cabbage.

tt, wouldn't that be great to just have a bag of Mr. Goodbars!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You know why they don't do that, because noone would  buy the mixed miniatures, we would all grab the bags of Mr. Goodbars!

Sp, let me have this straight, you can read us this week-end but you can't post?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Yeah, it stinks : (  I read them last night but can't type a response.  I really wanted to jump in the Commoners with you and Ache : )

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, it would be fun this week-end if you could.  I think in that same section under questions to BDC or something, someone was questioning why they couldn't post with their phones (or whatever those things are).  I'll go scan and see where I saw that.  BDC  was going to look into it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I can't find it, it's gone.  Was a new person signing in that works for Boston.Com and a couple of people voiced their concern over same thing.  She was going to talk to the tech people about it.  kargiver had posted too, so she may remember what section it was in - -

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

See tt and Amber you would love me because I don't like the Mr, Goodbars and I'm usually looking for people to give them too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: September 2011:
    See tt and Amber you would love me because I don't like the Mr, Goodbars and I'm usually looking for people to give them too.
    Posted by Winter2011Bride

Save them and send them to me for Christmas - - I asked first, Amber!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OK, have to post this pic so you can see this cat's tail - isn't it the longest you ever saw?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Shoot, I'm working!  No fair!  LOL!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Is that pretty baby tt?  Beautiful and yes, what a tail!!!  Looks well taken care of.  Love the white "boots" too

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, I don't think he's too well taken care of if they leave him out all the time.  I could hear the coyotes howling around 3:00 in the morning, and all I can picture is them getting him.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I didn't know that.  He looks well fed but why would you have a cat and leave it outside all the time?  I never understood that.  And coyotes???  What is wrong with people??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Amber - Parents, General, Moms - 2nd one down - her nom is Helloall
    Info re posting with phones.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, you are the best!  I posted with my issue and also something I found interesting.  I will repost it here so the other ladies that are having trouble can see if the same thing happens for them.  It is interesting one poster said she has a Droid, like me, and was able to post until a few days ago..  Below is what I posted in Parents.

Just to add another note.  I just got a droid bionic and I am able to view the forums but unable to respond, but after playing around last night I found it interesting if I click on the "Headline", my keypad comes up and I can change that by typing.  But when I try the same thing with "Your post"  it doesn't work. The keypad does not come up. So seems to me the capability is there, but something is messed up with posting.  Hope this makes sense.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

After the cable guy left (yes, we had another problem!), Gracie and I had a full day.  Went to a local pond so she could swim almost an hour.  Got Mommy soaked, and she thought that was pretty funny.  Drove home and took a nice walk down our road and back, then drove to the center of town and visited with a couple of locals we were lucky enough to run into.  Talked to a few nice strangers, too.  Then, off to the bakery/cafe for a delicious turkey club.  

tt, I was going to comment on Pretty Baby's tail in Pets, but I thought better of it because I figured maybe I was wrong about how long cats tails usually are!  Too funny - it really is long!

Pingo, how frustrating a morning you had with UPS!!  I've had that happen, too, where the tracking info was totally wrong when it said "attempted delivery," after I'd made specific arrangements to be there.

Clouding up...glad we soaked up the sun when we did.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I remember, Kar - when you were waiting for your wellness mat. But for heavens sake, why do thy have to LIE? That is actually, what is upsetting me the most. If it hadn't been so urgent, I would have been sitting like goody-two-shoes and waited and waited, hoping they would bring it out later today. I spent extra money to have it shipped and delivered in 2 days. I am going to raise h*ll, to make sure I get that back from UPS.
    Just came back from my grocery shopping, which I wanted to do this morning. I am exhausted. Got some nice lobsters though. I will steam them and sit quietly and p*ck them while listening to some lovely music. Maybe with a glass of red wine. Got to be awarded for all my effort.
    Sounds like you and Gracie had a nice day together. When you talk about your activities with that beautiful lady, I miss mine so. She was a well-behaved beauty too. Could take her anywhere and everywhere. She brought so many smiles to people's faces. Will see if I can find a picture of her to post - Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt and Amber, never had Mr. Goodbars. What are they like? Milk/dark choc? Nuts? Caramel? I buy the miniature bars for our office, but they don't include those. Speaking about chocolate treats. I buy the large bags from Costco for our office. They used to run about $6 - 7. Last week I paid $13+ for the same bag. Actually, I think the bag is getting smaller and smaller. I am not much into chocolate, but if I do indulge, I like the Butterfingers (sweet/salty/crispy - all in one mouthful).
    - Pingo

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, I have had them lie, too, with "attempted delivery" when, surprise, I was home waiting for it...no attempt was made, and by the time the saga was over they had actually recorded 3 attempts that didn't really happen!  I hope they make it right for you somehow, Pingo.

Lobsters?  Oh, boy!  Enjoy the delicacy and nice red wine.

Oh, yes, I hope you can find a photo of your beauty...we'll miss Gracie so much when she's gone, too.  I can't even think about it.

Sections
Shortcuts