September 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: September 2011

Mr. Goodbars are milk chocolate with peanuts.  I can live without them.  Butterfingers, though, I'd "lay a finger" on one of those!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, pretty baby is beautiful.  I can see why you feel compelled to feed her I would too.  I'll try to post this weekend.  I've been stopping in lately to say hello to you all.  I'm not taking off yet.  tt, you can have the Mr. Goodbars. :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thank you, Winter.  I've picked almost all of mine out of the 2 bags I bought!

Just popped my beautiful eggplant I bought today in the oven - eggplant parm.  Didn't have any mozzarella in the house, so used the cheddar jack as the top cheese, along with Parmesan.  Yum yum.  Now, deciding on Pinot or Michelob.  Have to have one or the other with an Italian dish.

Well, Pretty Baby was funny today.  First I've seen of him, in almost 2 weeks since I stopped putting out kibble.  I saw him early on come in the yard and head under the bushes where the sun had been, and just settle down with his eyes closed, enjoying the warmth.  Then, he was gone.  This afternoon after I had brought groceries in and put the wheelbarrow back, I closed the screen door and you should have heard him!  I don't know where he came from, but my gawd, he was making sure I knew he was there today!  He looked as tho he had been eating OK, and in fact, left some of the kibble I put out, and sauntered off. He'll be OK.  As long as no other cats show up with him, I"ll go on as before.

Hope you have a chance to jump in over the week-end.  Have a good one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Love cheddar jack, tt - may I suggest the wine?  I think it would pair well with the extra bold flavors of the parm especially with pepper jack instead of mozzarella.  YUM!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Too late - just had a delicious ice cold beer and 2 helping of the eggplant.  Yum.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Well, you couldn't go wrong either way!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

No, even diet Pepsi would have been enhanced by eggplant parm.  So good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Awww, tt - you broke down. Kibble for pretty baby - but that is ok. That baby is sure pretty.
    We have a cat coming around with no tail at all. I am not much of a cat recognizer, but I don't think it is one of those tail less cats, Ache is talking about. Wouldn't be on the loose anyway, I think. Looks kind of odd though. I have no kibble in the house, so I am not feeding any kitties. I have enough trying to keep up with the birds.
    For the first time ever, I saw a squirrel trying to get to the feeder. Tried so hard - but no luck. However, he did finish the leftovers from the birds, that had fell to the ground. That's perfectly ok w/ me. We all have to eat.
    Having "your" chicken kielbasa tonight with my sweat and sour warm potato salad. So glad I found that chicken kielbasa; it is so good and I believe a lot healthier.
    One question for you, tt. Do you get that awful smell from the recycling place in Saugus? At first I thought it was someone's fertilizer. Then I read it came from the recycling place in Saugus. It is just awful. We have it almost every week to 10 days. Today it was the worst ever, and I could hear some machines pounding too for the longest time. They have stopped now, but the smell is still in the air. Can't open my slider or windows for at least a day.
    Just wondering - Pingo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hi Everyone.  Been a crazy day.  Thank goodness for pre-planned long weekends!  I'll be off kalooping Monday, but will check in when I'm back.  Have a good weekend.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Is that what it is?  OMG.  As I came in this afternoon, I thought, someone must have just fertilized their lawn/gardens.  Never thought of that reaching here.  I don't really mind the smell,  I'm a farm girl at heart, love the smell of the manure and cows when I stop at Richardson's.  Brings back memories of my Great Aunt in Livermore Falls.  Well, let me clarify, not my Great Aunt, but my Great Aunt's farm!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Novem, have a great time Monday.  Find some treasures.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Did you guys decide who will start the thread tomorow?..I don't believe Kar has had a chance...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Forgot all about it.  Just as long as someone does -  How about it Kargiver?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Thx TT.  I hope there are treasures to be found.

Eggplant parm sounds soooo good right now!  I don't know how to make that one, but do enjoy it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

So easy.  Will tell you the way I do it sometime.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Me?  OK, but it's a rainy Saturday...I'm betting we'll be sleeping in.  So, if anyone else wants to start before I get my lazy bum out of bed that would be just as well.

Have a great long weekend, Nov!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hahaha! Competition for tomorrow's start. It may be me, since I don't sleep well these days. Get up at odd hours, try to get back to sleep, but it has not worked. I am tossing around looking at the clock. Of course Murphy's law will get into play here. I will probably have the best ever night's sleep tonight. What a blessing that would be though.
    On the other hand, if I do post, I will probably be too sleepy to remember a new month has started. - Pingo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just got this e-mail from my DIL. An easy way to peel Garlic:

http://vimeo.com/29605182

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ooh, that was COOL, thanks to you and DIL!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Hi everyone. My day is just windin down. The family friend that I took to his appt. yesterday,was checked in, and after 3 hours still hadn't been seen? Well we left after making a new appt. for today. We showed up abit early, he was seen immediately, and everyone we encountered were very apologetic. I didn't get home until 8pm tonight. Outside my building is a cherry red Lambourgini,and a Bentley. I live next door to a restaraunt. Anyway, I've been checking outside to see who it is, and finally gave up after realising how stupid it was to waste time on that. There is good people watching on this street though, and very friendly people. t.t., Pretty Baby is a beauty. That is the longest cat tail I've ever seen. I would be worried about the coyotes. We are taking Stitches to get her claws done tomorrow, food shopping, and D.D. and I are going to do some "retail therapy" Wow Oct already!bg