September 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: September 2011

What a fun week-end, Novem.  I took the boys to Weirs once over Labor Day week-end when they were younger, and it was very quiet then too.  I think most people with kids are back home getting geared up that week-end.  Envy you your time at Lake Winnie tho.  You really packed a lot into it.

P.S. Did niece get to waterslides?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: September 2011:
    OMG!  I had to laugh out loud at your husband's explanation for not locking his suitcase Kargiver!  Boy, does BIL have them all bamboosled!  If I ever found him going through my things, I'd shout,  "What do you think you're doing?"
    Posted by toytrumpet

He terrorizes his family and has done so for literally decades due to what I believe is a serious mental disorder.  They walk on eggshells.  I choose not to, but I honestly fear for my life for doing so.  I have resolved, secretly, that if I ever see his truck coming down our driveway unannounced if DH isn't here, I'll call the police immediately.  It's far worse than "bamboosled."  I find myself clenching my teeth and shaking just writing this...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Don't want to upset you by keeping on the subject, but I'm curious, does this guy hold down a job?  Have a place of his own?  Function in the outside world?  I'm not being facetious, just honestly curious what his demeanor is with workplace people etc.  You don't have to answer, I'm just putting my thoughts on paper.

ETA:  We have to be careful, we never know what kind of people we're dealing with.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Don't want to upset you by keeping on the subject, but I'm curious, does this guy hold down a job?  Have a place of his own?  Function in the outside world?  I'm not being facetious, just honestly curious what his demeanor is with workplace people etc.  You don't have to answer, I'm just putting my thoughts on paper.
    Posted by toytrumpet

He worked for his father (who accomodates his problems) until Dad retired and sold the business.  He was fired by the new owners in less than 6 months, but he does not have a financial need to work so has not tried to find another job.  He has his own condo 10 minutes from his parents' home but is never there (except to sleep most nights) - he despises being alone and seeks to control whomever will allow it from sun up to sun down either in person or on the phone (I do not take his calls, however, anymore).  He has/had friends he charms/charmed until his true colors come/came out so he has no real friends.  I'd say, no, he does not function in any normal fashion and never has.  I've heard stories of their "trying" therapy when he was a teen.

ETA:  He's not a regular "difficult person."  He's evil, and I don't use that word lightly or often.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

P.S. Did niece get to waterslides?

No, we went to MonkeyTrunks instead.  It's new - a high ropes course and zip lines.  The kids love it.  So do the adults! www.monkeytrunks.com

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

P.S. Did niece get to waterslides? No, we went to MonkeyTrunks instead.  It's new - a high ropes course and zip lines.  The kids love it.  So do the adults! www. monkeytrunks .com
    Posted by Novembride

I saw that advertised with pictures somewhere and thought what a great treat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

Lots of chatter on the boards this weekend. Happy for you tt you got to chat.  I agree, there is something wrong having a rash for 2 weeks.  Please update us on what the doctor says.  Kar, wonderful to have you on the boards and I think how you handle your BIL is perfect. He is not your brother, son etc. sounds like he has a lot of enablers.  Unfortunately, like they say, you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family.  Pingo, you were glowing in your posts this weekend!  Happy all went well.  Icer, BG, November and Winter, glad to hear all moves went well, pets are doing good and everyone had a lovely weekend.  I would LOVE to live in the North End or even downtown as I hate commuting to work and just love Boston.  But alas, it is too expensive for me.  Not fun waking up today for sure.  Pouring rain and dark.  I had to turn all my lights on and thought to myself, ugh.... this is like winter.  Going to be here before we know it.  Have a good day everyone!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, HE detergent is High Efficiency detergent. It's for many of the new washers now.  We wanted an Energy saver one and all of those require HE stuff.

Kar, if I found someone going through my suitcase I think I'd threaten to call the police.  I think you were smart to lock the suitcase.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

tt, HE detergent is High Efficiency detergent. It's for many of the new washers now.  We wanted an Energy saver one and all of those require HE stuff. Kar, if I found someone going through my suitcase I think I'd threaten to call the police.  I think you were smart to lock the suitcase.
    Posted by Winter2011Bride

That's what I meant by saying we have to be careful, that we never know what kind of people we're dealing with - no telling if he does have mental problems how he would react - violently perhaps.  Good guy to stay clear of.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I'm also noticing that it is staying darker longer in the AM and getting darker earlier in the PM. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It's too soon for that!  I noticed it nights, how much earlier it gets dark.  Makes you feel as tho the day is over before you're ready.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, everyone.  I took his antics 3 years while giving him every opportunity (overtly) to stop the games (going through my stuff was the least of it, frankly) or relinquish his right to have a relationship with me.  He chose the latter.  Actually, he didn't believe it was a choice, but he underestimated my resolve.

Yes, it's getting dark earlier, the leaves are changing, and the air is different.  Summer is...over.

ETA:  darn it, every time I cut and paste something it ends up highlighted.  Sorry, I didn't mean to do that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm out of here for my appt.  Chat later.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, you can use the Tide in your HE washer if you use about 3/4 of "max" to prevent suds.  If you get the suds error, just cancel the wash and put it through a rinse.  I actually bought regular (non-HE) Tide last time by accident, and it's working out OK.  

tt, have a good appointment.  I hope you get this cleared up pronto!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, that's good to know thanks.  I wasn't sure if it would ruin the washer. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Kar, that's good to know thanks.  I wasn't sure if it would ruin the washer. 

I think DH used regular detergent in his before I got here (because it's cheaper, of course)...at least a couple of years.  But, definitely use the HE going forward to avoid suds issues.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm off to get Fall bee supplies.  tt, be sure to let us know how you made out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Back after 2 dr. appts. and trip to Costco. They got me an appt. with dermatologist.  He did a biopsy to help determine whether it's an internal or external cause and to rule out some skin diseases.  Stronger cortisone cream, that's all, and call in a couple of days for results of biopsy.  Said he would have me on a higher dose of prednisone than my doctor does, but that that's his call. - so, I'm nowhere, actually for now.  My own doctor did some blood work too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That just plain s cks, tt.  Sorry you didn't get a definitive diagnosis and cure.  Hopefully, you'll get more useful info from the biopsy very soon.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am happy to see your post tt before I left today as I have been concerned.  I am so sorry you didn't have better news.  How frustrated you must be.  Let us hope the biopsy will at least tell what is going on.  Can you call your doctor and tell him what the dermatologist said about the higher dose of prednisone and have him increase it? You must be exhausted from all your running around.  I would have a cuppa and something sweet....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Never mind a cuppa, I'm eyeing a frozen piece of steak!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

that sounds delicious too!  : )  and i would bet a million dollars Cheerio is eyeing it too! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Well that wasn't very helpful, tt, but hopefully the biopsy will give some insight as to the cause, and then they will have an exact remedy.  Amber is right - a nice hot cuppa is just what you need after all that!

I'm feeling the energy draining from me. Why does the day after a long weekend always seem to drag on?  Think I should make a cuppa run myself!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I'm sorry you didn't get a definite answer as to the break out.  I'm praying that your biopsy is A-OK.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

tt, I'm sorry you didn't get a definite answer as to the break out.  I'm praying that your biopsy is A-OK.

Biopsy isn't for cancer, it's just to help determine what lesions are formed from. Still won't give me a definite, he said, but point us in the direction of internal or external allergy.  Oh well, at least I'm moving forward.

Just cooked up the steak and some potatoes and Cheerio and I had a really early supper.  That's OK, because I didn't really get a chance for any lunch.

Little laugh along the way - when I brought the slip into the tech for her to draw the blood, she looked at the different things dr. was testing for and she said, "Typhoid?  He's testing for typhoid"  !  When she went to check, of course, it was a test for thyroid!  Too funny.  I said, "Yeah, if it had said typhoid, you'd have said, I don't wanna draw blood on her, get someone else!"

Sections
Shortcuts