September 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: September 2011

tt that's good to no, thanks for clearing that up. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Some doctors are more conservative regarding the risk to benefit ratio than others regarding prednisone.  Your PCP might be open to increasing the dose to what the dermatologist suggested if you let him know understand the risks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Just my two cents, but if you can wait it out with the stronger cream for a few days until the results are back, I'd hesitate to up the prednisone just yet.  I believe it can have some nasty side effects.    Of course, you knwo yourself and your tolerance and will do what's best. 

I'm up for steak tonight.  What time will it be ready?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

November, I was up for steak too, but tt and Cheerio already ate : (  We will have to wait to see what delicious stuff she has tomorrow for lunch!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm sure he's considering my high blood pressure.  Already the prednisone has elevated that quite a bit - plus my general concern is doing it too, I know.  Anyway, we'll see what Thursday's results bring and take it from there.  Hopefully this stronger cortisone cream will give me some relief.  Neither of them seemed overly concerned.  Dermatologist said the stitches from biopsy can be taken out by PC's office.  --  Enough about me and my itch.  Anyone got any cute jokes?  An elderly guy passing me at the pharmacy stopped and said wanna hear a cute story I just heard?  What I heard was cute, but I never heard the punch line!  Didn't have the heart to tell him, just laughed and said that was cute.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: September 2011:
    [QUOTE]November, I was up for steak too, but tt and Cheerio already ate : (  We will have to wait to see what delicious stuff she has tomorrow for lunch!
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

There was my laugh, Amber!  You do crack me up, you're so quick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I hope this makes you smile tt Cool

funny pictures - T-rex, you so crazy!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Oops - I missed it.  Sometimes I can't keep up with you, tt.

Love that little kitty, amber.  Someone on another board I visit always has funny ones of dogs, too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Another laugh out loud one!  Thanks.

I just posted on the pet thread, someone squirting their cat everytime they begged for food!  Can you imagine?  I told them Cheerio would never survive in their homes and then posted a pic of her.  Didn't tell them I share donuts with her!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Gracie howls for food every night like she's starving to death.  We don't scold her, but I do tell her she's wasting her breath.  She gives up eventually.

Great photos in the "cry for food" thread, tt and ambergirl!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

MM, did you get an appointment with your doctor about your foot?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi tt.  Got home an hour ago. Long day today, but I expected it.  Came home in a cab.  I have an appointment first thing in the morning.  I hope you get relief from the stronger cream and I'm send good thoughts your way.

About to eat a piece of broiled haddock, fresh corn and green beans.  I'll be in bed early tonight.

mothermitzi

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning -

Kids were given a test where they were told to write something they had learned in the bible.  One little boy wrote:  SOLOMON, ONE OF DAVIDS SONS, HAD 300 WIVES AND 700 PORCUPINES. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, just got in a little while ago and that made me laugh out loud!  what a nice way to start my day!  what a dreary day, just hate commuting in bad weather but thankfully everything was running on time.  have a good day everyone!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  tt, I hope your cream worked better for you last night.  mm, good luck at your appointment this morning. 

DH is home today, the new washer comes today.  We have been getting some water seepage so he is going to pull up the carpet in the part of the basement that the washer and dryer are in.  Then we need to call someone I guess to see if we can stop the seepage. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good question Winter.  tt, is the cream helping?  I am so sorry to hear about your water seepage.  How annoying.  Good to find out now though. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning - 

tt, that's really cute, porcupines.  LOL!

Winter, I hope the seepage issue is no biggie and you enjoy your new washer!  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

The seepage seems to happen only when we get a lot of rain.  So we really didn't notice it before.  I'm not sure what we will be able to do. 
    Kar, I can't wait to try it out.  I have a laundry pile up.  I didn't want to have to to the laundry mat since I knew it was coming today.  I guess we know what I'll be doing tonight. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I am so tired of thinking and talking about this "problem" - no changes yet.  Last night was one of the worst.  I guess I'll say, I'll let you know when there's something new.

Winter, sorry to hear of your leak problem.  When we bought this house, even after putting on new roof, had ceiling leaks when the ice dammed up in the winter. Years of leaks and repairs and new roofs.  Previous owners claimed they had never had a problem.  Rightly so, because husband and next door neighbor (at that time) had put on dormer themselves and not done it right.  Didn't find that out for years, but by then I was raising 4 boys on my own and had no money to do anything about that.  Finally had a roofer who extended flashing up under siding when he put it on, and have been leak free ever since.  My point in this long winded post is, people don't always disclose previous problems.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Remember to not fill your detergent section up to the max with the "old" detergent, Winter, and have a good time doing laundry.  I hope the joy doesn't wear off too fast. ;)

tt, so sorry you are suffering.  I'm sure they talked about how sometimes allergies appear out of no where, things that never bothered you before suddenly do for no apparent reason, like detergent you've used for years or something like that.  I wonder what on earth could be causing your trouble.

It's too bad, but I agree, home owners hardly EVER disclose everything and leave "surprises" for the new owners.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

My first year after I bought my house, I lived at Home Depot. I encountered so many problems even after having an inspection.  tt, you raised your 4 boys by yourself?  I could not imagine...  raising one was so dificult.  I admire you more and more... 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Well, what a morning.  Driving on Rte 2 on my way to work today and a truck dropped a brick.  I (along with 5 other cars) hit it and got a flat.  What a bummer.  Luckily I have road side service with my car.  However, DH didn't want me to wait that long so he came out and changed it for me - how sweet!  Anyway, I was planning on getting new tires this weekend, but looks like I will try to get them tonight instead.  It could have been a lot worse, but still not a good way to start the day!

Sorry to hear you are still itching tt - hopefully results from your biopsy and lab work will show what's going on.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: September 2011:
    [QUOTE]My first year after I bought my house, I lived at Home Depot. I encountered so many problems even after having an inspection.  tt, you raised your 4 boys by yourself?  I could not imagine...  raising one was so dificult.  I admire you more and more... 
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

I actually had a lot of fun with them, Amber.  At the time, never imagined or wanted to be doing it alone, but I did OK.  Had a decent job, was able to keep my home, and the rest all fell in place.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, I'm sure my joy over the laundry will go away quickly.  And I have to stop when my son goes to bed as his room is right above the washer and dryer. 

When we had the house inspected the inspector said that it looks like we did get water, but that it looks like it had been corrcted.  Ugh!!

tt, I too admire you for rasing 4 boys on your own.  How old where they?  I was a single mom for for 7 years taking care of my son.  He does he his father on the weekends, but I was there the reast of the time, etc.

PC, that stinks about hitting the brick.  But happy tire shopping.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Princess, wondered why there was no post from you this morning - as you said, what a way to start the day.  Luckily you didn't lose control of the car and there was no accident involved.  Your day has to get better from here on in.

Sections
Shortcuts