September 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: September 2011

They were 4, 9, 11 and 13, Winter.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Wow tt, I really admire you.  I know how hard it was for me with one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

wow tt........  I had a lot of fun with DD too but it is not easy by yourself when all decisions etc. are on your shoulders.  You are amazing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

How scary, prin, and what a pain.  I always worry about things bouncing out of trucks like that...  So nice of DH to come fix it so you didn't have to wait - they are always so busy on rainy commutes, who knows how long you'd have been there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, I can't imagine having 4 kids at all let alone under less than ideal circumstances all by yourself.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Where is Pingo this morning?  Want to hear more about her week-end and visits from the boys.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Pingo must be catching up on paperwork...or rest!

What a scare this morning Princess!  Glad you were not hurt.

Saw my nieces off to their first day of school this morning.  I'm so jealous!  I always loved going back to school.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Not too bad out, misty.  Ran out to S&S for a few.  My few totalled $73!  I've got to start going back to MB.  Really did not have all that much in my cart.

Bought makings for chicken ala king, have been thinking of it for a week or so.  Good day for it.  Nothing spectacular for lunch today, Amber, looked for a prepared meal there, but they don't offer much.  Should have gone to Hannaford's, was going to.  Should have - could have - would have.  One thing I refused to buy there was Del Monte peaches in a jar.  Get them at Job Lots for $1 - there they were $2.99.  So, lunch - hmmmm.  What are you guys having?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am having a PB&J with a cup of chicken noodle soup.  Boring.....  My mother use to make chicken ala king.  I never have.  Is it easy to make?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm having macaroni and cheese for lunch, nothing exciting.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Seems I can't go to our local yocal grocery store (straight out of the 50s) for less than $50.  Groceries are so expensive!

Lunch today is not all that exciting here in the kargiver home.  I woke up with intestinal issues, and I just ate my first bite of the day, 1/2 a sleeve of saltines.  Hope everyone's is better than that!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: September 2011:
    [QUOTE]I'm having macaroni and cheese for lunch, nothing exciting.
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

Funny, I picked up a pkg. of the Kraft HomeStyle Mac and cheese.  Been thinking of that too.  Have you ever tried that?  I do the oven method and to me it's as good as made from scratch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]I am having a PB&J with a cup of chicken noodle soup.  Boring.....  My mother use to make chicken ala king.  I never have.  Is it easy to make?
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

It's easy.  you can make it as complicated and fancy as you want, when G.T. and partner are here I use cream, but for me it's just stewed chicken with onions,  simmered  in a sauce of cream of chicken soup with chicken broth and milk to the right consistency, and pimentos and frozen peas thrown in at the end.  To me it's not ala king without the pimentos.  Did have to pick them up today.  Now I'll have to remember to find other ways to use the rest of the jar before it molds, which is what usually happens.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Seems I can't go to our local yocal grocery store (straight out of the 50s) for less than $50.  Groceries are so expensive! Lunch today is not all that exciting here in the kargiver home.  I woke up with intestinal issues, and I just ate my first bite of the day, 1/2 a sleeve of saltines.  Hope everyone's is better than that!
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Sorry you're under the weather, Kargiver.  Do you have ginger ale in the house too?  Saltines and ginger ale are usually my standbys in that scenario, with rice added when I feel a little better.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

ooohhh PB&J with a big glass of milk sounds so good!  Haven't had one of those in a while.

Lunch today = lean cuisine french bread pizza and salad.  And for good measure, dinner will be a MB prepared rotisserie chicken with mac & cheese (for DH), asparagus (for me) and cornbread.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I love Stouffers macaroni and cheese in the oven.  I will have to try to make the chicken ala king tt. I am looking for comforting quick foods for the winter.  Kar, I hope you feel better. I hope it is not a stomach bug?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I've never tried that.  I have some Kraft Easy Macs that I eat at work.  Just put some water in and put in the microwave for 3 minutes and I have lunch.  Not the healthest thing to eat, but I didn't have leftovers to take.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]I love Stouffers macaroni and cheese in the oven.  I will have to try to make the chicken ala king tt. I am looking for comforting quick foods for the winter.  Kar, I hope you feel better. I hope it is not a stomach bug?

I make up a big batch when I do, then it's there for a few meals - over rice or even over toast.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]ooohhh PB&J with a big glass of milk sounds so good!  Haven't had one of those in a while. Lunch today = lean cuisine french bread pizza and salad.  And for good measure, dinner will be a MB prepared rotisserie chicken with mac & cheese (for DH), asparagus (for me) and cornbread.
    Posted by Novembride[/QUOTE]

You win the prize for the fanciest lunch today - Novem, and your supper doesn't sound bad either!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good late morning all,
    So sorry, I was completely out-of-the-loop yesterday. Had to get up at 3 am to send the "kids" on their way. Have you ever tried that? Of course you don't get a single wink, b/c you are worried you won't wake up in time. After they leave you try to get some ZZZzzzs - but by then you are all worked up and it just doesn't work. Besides, I had a Dr.'s appointment w/my spine doc - so I had to be awake for that.
    After the appointment, I went to my office trying to catch up on work. I felt like I had a cloud over my head. One good thing was, that our sons revamped our servers while here. Now no more "fatal errors" and redoing stuff.
    tt, I am horrified over all the problems you have gone through lately. You must be suffering so (hugs!). Glad you got to see a dermatologist. Hopefully he will give you some answers. Did he do a scratch test as well? I had one done many years ago, when my asthma was really bad. It did show several triggers, I would never have thought of. Avoiding those, has made my life a heck of a lot better.
    Kar is right. Sometimes an allergic action just hit us w/ no reason. Like one of my friends, who could eat shrimps and could eat strawberries w/o any problem. But NEVER together. If  she ate them at the same meal, she would get violently ill. To the point, that she had to be taken to ER.
    tt, I didn't have to raise my children on my own. Even though, I often felt like that was what I was doing. DH was never at home, when they were young. Trying to build up our business. He did try to be there for them for "important" happenings, and I at least had someone to touch base with. Even though, that was not always a plus. But I was the one, who had to take care of the everyday's problems.  I so admire all of you, who have to do it all on your own. And four? Just can't imagine doing that. Lots of credit goes to you.
    Princess, glad your "accident" had a good outcome. A flat tire is something one can deal with, but you could have lost control of your car and lots worse things could have happened.
    Winter, so sorry to hear you have some seepage. Hope you will be able to fix it w/o spending a fortune. But you know, there is a law in place for that. If the previous owner and realtor knew there was a problem and did not tell you about it, you can file a complaint, sue them both and get a restitution for that. Please look into that. DH is sometimes asked to inspect home before a sale, and he is very cautious of this law.
    Kar, how was your weekend with BIL? Did you manage to have a good time after all? Did you bring Gracie?
    I have been rambling along, and with all the problems I have been reading about, I am too modest to let you know about my just perfect weekend. Let me just say, DH and I had a blast. It was just much too short. Looking forward to have them all back for TG. Yeah! - Pingo

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

G.T.'s having a salad with chunks of tuna -  but hankering for Mac and cheese with lobster!  Seems as tho we're all in a mac and cheese mode.  Now he's got me thinking of lobster -   Salads haven't appealed to me lately - I do have a hard boiled egg in there I could do something with.  I'm going to look through the fridge one more time and see what jumps out at me.  Enjoy your lunches.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, chicken ala king over toast just brought such a memory!  My father called it S##t on the shingle!  LOL!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Your post was there when mine popped up, Pingo - don't be modest to let us hear about your week-end - for me anyway, I'm ready for some good happy news on any front!  Moaning and groaning over my "affliction" isn't going to make me feel any better or make it go away, so shower us with all your happy feelings!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]tt, chicken ala king over toast just brought such a memory!  My father called it S##t on the shingle!  LOL!

So did mine!

Time for Y&R, haven't seen it in a while.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Too funny tt!!  My mother always served it over toast and I remember my father loved it and when he would say "you cooking blank on the shingle, my mom would yell at him that us kids would repeat it.  Of course we thought that was the funniest thing ever.  Wow, the things that can trigger memories.  Thanks for that : )