September 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Re: September 2012

TT, it was on New Hampshire PBS.  I always check them, RI PBS and Channel 44 for something to watch.  I don't watch much network evening TV, preferring British sitcoms and dramas to our own.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, Hats.  I usually finger through the channels, but now I know last night I wouldn't have done that, "Real Housewives of NYC" was on, and I like to see the mayhem and unbelievable actions of those women. - Know that wouldn't be your cup of tea. - Had I known your program was on, I would have opted to watch that tho.

Just had a hermit and remember that of course, GS and GDs love the hermits - after all they taste like gingerbread men!  Will do a couple of pkgs of 6 each and drop them off at my son's before he goes to work this afternoon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Just a short 'hello' before I head out. Have CPA coming to the office at 9:30, so I must be there. Indeed strange to wake up to fall like weather after such a nice Labor Day weekend. Getting soaked today and tomorrow, but the rest of the week should be fine.
    DH asked for an omelet this morning, so he could have Pepper Relish on it (doesn't go well with cereal, I believe). And last night he had it with the pork tenderloin, I made. The way he goes, we will run out soon.
    Hope everyone check in today, so we can hear of the marvelous Labor Day weekend they had.
    And Amber - it has been a long time. Sending positive thoughts her way.
    Now I have to find my umbrealla and head out. Have a good day - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Glad to hear the relish made a hit with DH, Pingo, but I'm sure the credit goes to however you reconstituted it for the amount suitable for the two of you.  I'll take credit for posting the original recipe and putting the idea out there - how's that?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. What a fast weekend. DS is sleeping well in his bed. He loves it. His birthday party went great and the kids loved the water balloons. DS was thrilled that I made cookies and the kids loved those as well. Sunday I had to get some last minute items for school and make some exchanges for some clothes he recieved from his nana (my mom). Dropped him off today and he has a half day, so I'll be leaving to get him, will drop him off at his afterschool then come back to work.

Sounds like everyone had a lovely weekend. tt, I'll be over to raid your freezer of the goodies in there. 

Amber, hope you are doing well. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Glad party was a hit, Winter, and the your son's enjoying the freedom of moving around in a new bed.  Nice way to start the school year for him.  Was it the peanut butter bud cookies you made?  I've never tried them, GS that I bake for now is allergic to nuts, so I'm very careful of that.  Haven't even made peanut butter cookies (which I love) for a year or so.  He won't even take something from a table that has a nut product on it.  Doesn't eat stuff from a bakery for fear something has been made on the same tray as nuts.   So far, he's a jr. in college, he's managed fine. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Good morning all, little wet here today and gloomy looking.....did a little cleaning over the holiday, DD's and children were gone all day driving around to beaches, lighthouses, etc.  Love the time to myself.  Sorry tt, no Hermits here, I made up some Half moons, just delicious.  I started making them in 1972,all girls in school and I went back to work part time, I felt so guilty being gone that I used to spend Sundays baking.....my house was always full of kids, mine and others.  Will be going apple picking sometime this month and then it will be pies, bread, jellies and sauce.
    Pingo, my obstretician was on Beacon St too, last name Smith.  He was terrific. 
    My sister and niece will be coming down on Friday from NH, niece just got home from the Phillipines and she brought me some salt and peppers.  We're going to go out for breakfast, my favorite meal to eat out, one DD will be working and since the other DD's children will be in school , i invited her to join us.
    Don't like having to sign in each time I want to post.....but at least they let me in!!  Take care all and Keep Smiling.  ss
    PS Where are you Amber??  Getting better we all hope, hurry up and join us!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Ran up to the farmers' market and bought some Cortland apples this morning, SS.  A little later in the season I'll buy a bushel of "falls" at Brooksby and use those for cooking.  Yeah, the half moons are another of the kids' favorites.  We got some good recipes - "back in the day", didn't we?  Those and whoopie pies were both CC recipes.

On my way out in half an hour, not raining here at all since I've been up, just dreary.  Plan to work some more on my pillow cases when I get back in this afternoon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I made the peanut blossoms. They are peanut butter cookies with a hershey's kiss on top. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, ladies!  My folks left at 10 this morning after a great visit.  Dad and dh built a cabinet for my canning jars...too bad it has to be hidden away in the basement for the cool temps, it's gorgeous.  Will post a photo later.  My mom and I canned tomato sauce and had a shopping day.  Watched a movie they brought that I recommend, a true story about Temple Grandin, an autistic woman who earned her doctorate.  She's still living.

My aunt and uncle (she's the chiropractor/nutritionist) will be here for the first time this weekend!  So, three days clean and prepare for their visit.  Looking forward to it, but have much to do this week.

Hope everyone had a great long weekend!  I tried to post a few times, but bdc refused to believe I had no bad words and wouldn't let me.  

More later
    ~kar

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hi everyone!!  Sorry I've been away so long, but baby is here!  She arrived a few days late, but in perfect health.  We've had a great summer together so far.  It has been a little too hot and humid to take her out too much, but we took walks on the few nice days, and have spent the rest reading stories, playing with the dog, and shopping.  I haven't been following the chat, but have thought of you often and wish you all well. 

No pictures anymore?  I don't have the picture button on my screen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Congratulations, Novembride!  Happy that it's over and you have a beautiful baby girl.  Thanks for hopping in and and bringing us up to date.

No, no picture capability any more.  Isn't that a bummer?  Maybe down the road they'll give it back to us.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats, Nov!!!

Oh, yeah, no photos...guess I made a promise I can't keep. :(

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

No pictures really stinks!  I have about a million to share.  =(

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Congrats Novem on your baby girl!! When did she arrive? Hopefully the photo option works soon.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

November, you have a healthy baby girl, how lucky you are!  Best wishes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

My DS has a test tomorrow on the mandatory book they had to read. They have an in class assignment on the other book that they chose from a list later in the week. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I've been away from the boards.  Have a sore/stiff shoulder/neck and took an Ibprofen, changed into my nice warm heavy sweats and sweatshirt, and then sat down on the couch with the heating pad on my shoulder.  What a nice little nap I had!  Phone woke me, was the cat lady down the street, just checking on Harry.  I told her I'm a little concerned that Harry might be a Henrietta - he's eating me out of house and home.  Full can of wet cat food in the morning and then he's back a few minutes later coaxing for kibble which he never would eat before.  We compared notes and found he had two breakfasts this morning, one here at 6:30 and another at her house at 8:30.  Have to keep an eye on him. - No advice from animal activists, please.

What book are the kids reviewing tomorrow, Winter?  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Too bad about your shoulder/neck, tt.  Hope it clears up soon.

Maybe you and his other "cat lady" can schedule who's going to put out food what days every week.  If he's had enough for his size, you or your friend has already fed him, and he comes by for more, I'd not put out any more.  If I understand the problem, neither of you know what the other has fed him so he scams you both.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, they have a test on the book A View from Sunday. The other one he read was Crispin Cross of Lead, but he will have an in class project on that. Sorry about your shoulder. Maybe you put out wet food and the other lady puts on kibble?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I mean a View from Saturday

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That's not a bad suggestion, Kargiver.  He's quite the manipulator - when he went to her house after eating here, she put out the same F.F. that I give him and he gobbles up, and he looked at her, like "What do you think you're pulling, lady?"  She had to give him a can of the gourmet f.f. in gravy!

I sat in a draft at an event a couple of weeks ago, it was blowing on my shoulder and neck, and have had problems ever since.  Plus, I shelve and pull books at the library once a week when I volunteer, so that doesn't help it either.  The heat and ibprofen have eased it a lot this afternoon.  Thanks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm heading out in a few. Have a good night everyone. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Sounds as though everybody had a nice weekend.  I'm going to keep this short, in case I can't post.  Could not get on earlier for the life of me.

Had a great weekend.  DS and family arrived late Saturday night.  They intended to come on Sunday but there was a mix-up of dates.  I put food out and they went right to bed.  Sunday, we all went to breakfast with my father.  DD and family came, too, along with my aunt.  She wanted to see my son and that was her window of opportunity.  Later that afternoon, they took GS to college and I barely saw them until last night.  DS took us out to eat. DIL and my other grandsons left early this morning to drive back.  I had a nice  lunch with my son and took him to the airport.  He will try and get back in November.  The house seems so empty now, but I'm so very grateful for our time together, here and at the shore.  

winter, glad the party went well and your DS likes his new bed. Great weekend for a pool party.

hats, I watched the show about Prince Charles's garden.  I think it was on earlier this spring.  I found it fascinating.

tt, take care of your shoulder.  Maybe you should take a break from the library this week.

november, congras on the birth of your daughter.  Such a special time. 

kar, you're having a lot of company.  Glad the last visit went well and best wishes for the upcoming visit.  Neither my DIL or SIL knew my DH.  He lives on through my kids, but I think it's nice your DH and stepfather get along.

Nice to read your posts ss and pingo.  

Have a great evening everybody. Guess I wasn't too brief after all!

mothermitzi

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Well, I held my breath when I hit "post."  Looks like I got away with it this time.  I was in such a rush, I did not proofread.

November, I meant to say "congrats!" 

And I know it's neither nor, not neither or!

mothermitzi