September 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: September 2012

Breakfast is chocolate chips encased in a little banana bread (ha ha) and a cup of coffee.  May have to make that 2, I'm really hungry this morning.

DIL gets into work really early, and there was an email for me this morning - opting for the 30th for lasagna.  Her GS has a morning game that day, but they will come down after.  CC'd it on to G.T., really don't want to make lasagna 2 weeks in a row.  

Glad to see Harriet didn't look any the worse for wear, wasn't a drenched rat anyway, so hopefully she was in somewhere during the rain last night.  Gave her a medley this morning, part wet f.f. and part kibble.  She licked her plate clean.

No leaves on the ground here yet, Hats, to blow around.

Out sometime this morning to get some marshmallow, only ingredient I know I don't have enough of for the Friday whoopie pies.  When I responded, "I'm coming!" to pumpkin's birthday invite, GD said she is off Friday, but will stop by at some point with himself.  We laughed about his "dog" antics.  She said he does that at home too, even picking up toys in his teeth, lugging them around, shaking them!  Maybe he's just discovered all he can use those 6 teeth for?  LOL  Either that or she said she's been raising dogs too long!  I really feel better about it after neighbor told me her niece did that til she was about 4!  Hopefully, we'll substitute that behavior with another long before that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Mmmmmmm, I seriously could go for a slice of that banana flavored chocolate chip loaf.  I had an egg sandwich that was fairly good...

I think it's fairly common for little ones to mimic the dog, no worries, lol.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. What a night of wind we had. Yoda kept looking out the window, probably wondering what was going on out there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Good Morning all,  What a noisy night....the wind howled all night long and of course mixed with the rain and the occasional banging (barrels, my swing, a few tree branches).  Glad its over for now...have a luncheon date with old friends this afternoon so hope we get no more rain....tt would love a visit...you would be traveling the expressway and my exit is on the way, live about 5/8 min from there, Icer is a bit farther.  Sending some s&p photos your way by snail mail, the ones my niece took when she brought me the ones from the Phillipines.  Take care all and keep smiling, ss

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

No go, Icer.  Got this reply from G.T.:

"She isn’t actually on the way.  Besides, we wouldn’t have time to stop and visit then go to PTown and get back all in a decent time." 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Guess I must have slept through quite a racket!  Branches are down here, but nothing too big. It was raining and very windy yesterday afternoon while walking Gracie, and forecast was for it to continue so I assume it did.  Love being a heavy sleeper. 

Ss, have fun at lunch.  Radar shows rain shouldn't interfere.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, missed your post. Your breakfast sounds right up my alley. I'm having Kashi Apple cinnamon oatmeal. My DS did that for awhile too. Once he was walking/running he forgot all about it. Does he walk yet? I know a recent one year old that took some steps yesterday for the first time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Little pumpkin has been walking for a while - not a whole lot, but he stands up and takes 4-5 steps, looks around like, "Wait a minute - what am I doing?" and then plops down, very gently!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

P.S.  Very encouraging to hear other kids did that "teeth" thing.  None of my boys ever did that, and we did have dogs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Very windy here last night, but everything seems all right. tt, S&S had the Haddock for sale yesterday. They actually had two kinds. One for $11.99 and one for $7.99. I asked, what the difference was. The less expencive had been frozen. Chatting w/ the fish monger, he suggested I go for the less expensive one - "taste the same, when they are done". So, that is what I did. And DH said it was delicious.
    I am sure you can bake it at 350 as well, tt. But I learned from Legal Seafood's cookbook, that they do there fish at the restaurant at high temps. It takes shorter time, and less chance the fish will dry out. They go even higher than 400, but I also wanted my veggies to be cooked.
    Juicing is well on it's way. DH had a carrot, apple, ginger juice for breakfast, and I will have one later. But I first had to have my cuppa. Normally it is a no no on a juice fast, but if Kar could have her cuppa, I decided I could as well. DH only has the juice for breakfast, then normal lunch and dinner - except he has quit bread all together. He already lost 3 lbs. in two days.
    Since I have no coffee withdrawel, juicing is a cinch this time. Feeling great - no side effects. I have also upped my water intake, which always have been difficult for me. But DS taught me a trick. Add a splach of Cranberry juice to the water.
    S&S also had carrots for sale yesterday. 2lbs. bags. Buy one get one free. I picked up 8 bags - yes 16 lbs. of carrots. That monster juicer of mine will eat them up in no time. LOL
    Enough about me. Have a good day all. Stay dry - Pingo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Did your dogs have their own toys they carried around in their mouths for the boys to mimic?  Dogs didn't often have a plethera of their own toys back then.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I guess I'm taking a page from all of you with the "scanning" of emails, G.T. just wrote that he had said he would pick me up after work on Thursday to stay over at his house and we would leave from there for P'town on Friday morning!  Never saw that, but looking back, indeed he had.  Hence no stopping to visit on the way - nowhere near the same route.  Yahoo -  a sleepover too!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You're right, Kargiver, our dogs had bones, that's all.  Glad I didn't have any little ones when I had my Samoyan - she would take a book out of the bookcase and chew the binding for the glue!  Now that, GD doesn't want to see pumpkin doing!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm a bad influence on you, Pingo!  Seriously, though, I'm sure it won't negate any of the good you're doing so enjoy your regular cuppas. :)  I also find it hard to drink enough water, and a splash of juice definitely helps me, too.  Stevia is still on aunt's approved list, too, and has even been shown to help regulate blood sugar.  I make a 25% cranberry juice, 75% Poland Springs carbonated water soda with 8-10 drops of stevia.  Delish and nutrish!  Plus, keeps my UTIs at bay.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Oh well..can't blame a gal for trying...SS, If you and DD are around this weekend...Our Town is doing a Civil War re-enactments on Sat and Sun... and an illuminary walk Sat evening...You don't have to park here...I could give the info either via e-mail or telephone...if you are interested...Honey and I are going to one or both of these

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I don't thnk they even made "dog toys" back then, lol.  Gracie didn't care for books, but she had a serious thing for shoes.  Glad she got over that when she grew up!

Oh, the sun is out in full force!  I think I can stop procrastinating, now...I've been so blue with the rain and clouds.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

We didn't have a dog, so I don't even know where my DS got it from. He only did it for a short time, luckily.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to icer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh well..can't blame a gal for trying...SS, If you and DD are around this weekend...Our Town is doing a Civil War re-enactments on Sat and Sun... and an illuminary walk Sat evening...You don't have to park here...I could give the info either via e-mail or telephone...if you are interested...Honey and I are going to one or both of these

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it would have been nice to get to say "hi" either to you or SS.  Glad I mentioned it to G.T., otherwise I never would have realized he was picking me up Thursday.  Got so excited when I saw "go to P'town", that I had stopped reading!  Don't get out much, as the saying goes, so small things please me!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Found a can of Resolve under the sink, just sprayed l.r. area rug.  Hoping when I vac it up after 15 minutes - half an hour, it will have brightened rug.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

No no, Kar. Not a bad influence - just a great advisor.
    You must be using the 100% tart cranberry juice drom TJ's. I am only doing the Ocean Spray. Just enough to take away my nausea drinking water. - Pingo

PS. I could actually get myself some fresh cranberries and stick them in the juicer. Then I would of course need the stevia.

In response to kargiver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm a bad influence on you, Pingo!  Seriously, though, I'm sure it won't negate any of the good you're doing so enjoy your regular cuppas. :)  I also find it hard to drink enough water, and a splash of juice definitely helps me, too.  Stevia is still on aunt's approved list, too, and has even been shown to help regulate blood sugar.  I make a 25% cranberry juice, 75% Poland Springs carbonated water soda with 8-10 drops of stevia.  Delish and nutrish!  Plus, keeps my UTIs at bay.

[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

This is for your eyes only, Winter, because Pingo and Kargiver are on juice diets:

Bacon, cheeseburger for lunch

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, Pingo, the yucky pure stuff is what I'm adding to the sparkling water.  Glad we can encourage each other. :)

Speaking of which, that burger sounds so good right now, tt.  I just used my new food strainer on about 2/3 of the tomatoes and worked up quite an appetite.  It was NOT easier or faster than smushing the purée through a fine mesh strainer...argh.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Word to the wise, check with your dr before using any artificial sweetener.

http://safety.lovetoknow.com/Dangers_of_Stevia

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Do we have to have this debate every damm time?  Um, my aunt isn't just someone I know, she's been a chiropractor on the cutting edge of nutrition for over 30 years.  She knows what the hell she's talking about.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

And, she doesn't get her information from Dr. Google.

Sections
Shortcuts