September 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: September 2012

Word to the wise, ignore random internet articles when solid, personal medical advice contradicts whatever you read.  Honestly, robin, you're like that woman on the allstate insurance ad dating the "French model" she met on the Internet because everything on the Internet is true, after all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

And, she doesn't get her information from Dr. Google.

Ha ha ha ha - you gave me a good belly laugh with that one, Kargiver  LOL !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to Robin39's comment:

Word to the wise, check with your dr before using any artificial sweetener.

http://safety.lovetoknow.com/Dangers_of_Stevia

I've been using saccharine for 41 years.  So far the sky has not fallen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Unless you would like to identify yourself as a licensed health care professional, your opinion is no more valid than mine.

Many of these supplements do not mix well with certain prescription meds, always best to check with your dr first.

Just saying.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

No, I don't want to identify myself as a healthcare professional because I'm not one.  My aunt IS one, and people can choose to believe that or not.  So, if they do, my opinion DOES mean a whole heck of a lot more than yours, and if they don't what can I do?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It continues to amaze me when people constantly gives advice from articles on the internet, which we all know can be found to support whatever your postion is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Indeed.  Glad you enjoyed the Dr. Google comment, tt, LOL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, vac'd the rugs and they look a very little brighter, that's all, besides leaving quite a strong smell, tho pleasant, don't want it to bother little pumpkin.  Have dragged both out the front door onto the driveway in the sun, to air out.  So, if you drive by a house with two rugs on the front driveway, that's where I live!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If I find your rugs can I come in for a goodie?  Did you make the whoopie pies?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I was going to tell Pingo if she drives by to stop in, only if she wants sweets - no juice here.  Whoopie pies aren't made until tomorrow, sorry, Kargiver.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ah, well, I need to lose my "company weight," anyway.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm sure we'd all seek medical advise before adding something to our diets if we are on meds. For instance, my husband's doctor told him not to use stevia because he is diabetic. He personally felt there wasn't enought research done on it for him to reccomend it to his patients. I had asked him to mention it because of Kar's success with it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

She'd disagree with his doc; my dad is a direct patient of hers, is diabetic, and is encouraged to use it for its blood sugar controlling properties.  However, I'd not in a million years say your dh should ignore his doctor!  It's wise to check and go from there, of course.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wish we could edit posts...meant to mention it's time to walk the pup!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

And time for me to drag my rugs in.  Have no idea what to have for supper - - - - ??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We're having spaghetti squash and homemade canned sauce (one I didn't have enough sauce in to store long term) from last night, and I'm baking a pumpkin right now to make a goodie with, probably bread.  Dh really enjoyed what I made last time, and it was all non-inflammatory for him.  It's always a challenge, but at least I'm getting the hang of it and not having to experiment so much.

Oh, tt, my aunt told me I should write a cookbook, and I told her about your urging me to do the same!  Maybe...someday...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

By the time you get around to getting the recipes together and taking credit for them in a book, they will have been stolen from these pages and someone else will write the cookbook, get the credit, and collect the money. Shame on you.  No excuse not to write each one down in a "notebook you keep on the counter" as you make them, and getting them off to a publisher. Your pictures are book perfect and would make a nice accompaniment.

Ended up with a 2 egg omelet with scallions and Mexican shredded cheese.  Of course, not enough, and just made a couple of dishes of cooked chocolate pudding.

Rugs are in and smell good, tho not a whole lot brighter.  Definitely need new ones.  Have been looking when I'm out, but not lucky as I was with these, falling upon them in T.J. Maxx.  G.T. is coming down Sunday, maybe I can drag him out looking with me.  Square One mall has T.J. Maxx, Macy's, and Sears.  Should be able to find something there, just an area rug with a runner.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yup, if that happens it would be no one's fault but my own. Thanks re the photos; ache has commented on them, too, but I thought maybe he was kidding.  I haven't been taking any since the forum stopped allowing us to post, though!

If you like your rugs and dont necessarily want to replace them, you could get them cleaned professionally...not sure how much that costs or if it would be worth it, though. 

I think dh is home.  Gotta put dinner on...

Good night!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Just had a sesame bagel, toasted, mayo tomato and cheese, under the broiler - cheese dreams!  And diet root beer.  DH not home tonight and I was home late.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That sounds yummy. I had pear/apple/carrot juice - yummy too, if you are juicing. Made cauliflower/bacon casserole for DH. Hard to cook for one person. DH does not do leftovers very well, unless I disguise them.
    Bed time.  Nighty-nite!

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:

Just had a sesame bagel, toasted, mayo tomato and cheese, under the broiler - cheese dreams!  And diet root beer.  DH not home tonight and I was home late.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Colder even this morning.  Once that oil burner has been cleaned on Friday, I know I'm going to be clicking it on one of these mornings soon.

Never got out to get marshmallow yestetrday, so might as well do my entire shopping for weekend when I go out today.  Then home to get the whoopie pies made.  Not much else on the agenda.  Think I'll have G.T. bring dessert for Sunday dinner.  I've got the whoopies to make plus fig squares Sat and cranraisin scones.  That's enough baking for me, what with the lasagna Sunday morning.

Anyone planning on watching the debate tonight ?  I already know who I'm voting for, but was interested in a report last night on body language of the two candidates.  May watch, just for that.

Trash to get out and want to get out and back in early, so I'll check the boards later.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hats, you and my dh both had broiled tomato and cheese sandwiches! He'd have been jealous of your root ever, though, lol.

Pingo, indeed, it is hard to cook for one especially if leftovers don't fly.  Dh wasn't into leftovers, but I won him over after he realized it saved money and he got to enjoy the same food twice.  His family dumped the leftovers and called it "garbage" so it never occurred to him that it was still FOOD.  Funny how we do that...  Your casserole sounds like something I'd eat every day 'til it was gone!  What's on the juice menu today?

Tt, we didn't watch the debate, but had meant to.  We, too, know without a doubt who we're voting for, but find such things interesting, anyway...like you say, I'm a big body languagephile.  (I can make up words, too!)

SS, how was your lunch out?  No rain, I hope, out your way.  It was sunny here...

Brrrrr...time to pop yesterday's pumpkin seeds, now dry, in the oven.  That'll warm up the house a bit.  Made pumpkin bread last night and washed the seeds so they could dry overnight.

Time to make my cuppa.  Later!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Argh, "root ever" was supposed to be rootbeer.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I've been doing that try not to drive this week..I have been able to do a lot on foot and with my pedal bike but today...I am picking up supplies sooooo..I guess I will be driving...My supplies are much too heavy.

Boy it was cold last night...I am thinking about waiting to put the clothes on the line..I'm afraid my hands will freeze.

Kar, I was thinking of you yesterday as I was cleaning out the wood stove..We developed a great source for free wood, but it did mean a whole summer of chopping and stacking wood for Honey and I...He chops ..I stack..But I bet you do it like that too

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Harriet's has a bright pink collar on this morning!  I'll have to check with the Cat lady and see if that's her doing.  Don't think so, because she was going to add a tag with her tel #, in fact had had one made up, and I don't see that.  Still having breakfast here - very strange whoever her owner is. 

Sections
Shortcuts