September 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: September 2012

Nobody cares about Harriet?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Icer, free wood, that's great!  Yes, DH splits, and I stack. In fact, the first time we did that it was snowing, I was freezing, and we were dating.  I was thrilled to be with him whatever we were doing, but at the same time I hoped that wood would be keeping US warm in OUR home soon, lol.  I was stacking it like an engineer would, like a puzzle making it as tight as possible and pretty proud of myself until my boyfriend informed me that loose is better so the wood doesn't rot.  Whoops!

tt, a pink collar?  That Harriet is quite a scammer with an owner who must feed her and two good samaratans on the line, too, LOL!  Funny she's not gigantic.  Blessed with a good metabolism, I guess!  Seriously, though, it is VERY strange...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. tt, nice to see that Harriet does in fact have an owner. She's a happy cat with all of you that take care of her.

We will be watching the debate tongiht and we also know who we are voting for without a doubt.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's tonight?  I thought we missed it...  What I'm really looking forward to are the presidential debates, although, we already know who we're voting for there, too.  Who wouldn't by now?  The candidates are SO different with polar opposite ideologies so I'd think that anyone who knows those differences already knows who they'll vote for with all due respect to anyone still undecided.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning all.  Pick collar on Harriet, just like Tillie!!

Nothing new here, work is still going well.  We will be watching the debate tonight, and we know who we are voting for as well.    I really can't imagine being undecided at this point.

Had to pull a sweater out this morning.  Guess it's time to switch over to my winter wardrobe, bummer!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great news you're work change is proving out over the long haul to be a wonderful decision, Princess.  Hope your physical health is benefitting as much as your emotional.

Another gorgeous day.  Will take Gracie earlier today to not have to hurry back in time for dinner prep.  Wish Fall could last forever like this...

But, as Princess says, it's time for the warm clothes.  Gracie had to go out last night at 2 am, and I had to dig out my parka.  I don't let her out in the middle of the night unleashed because she decides to pee and then bark at all the shadows.  The neighbors don't appreciate that!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Just finished my morning juice. Cucumber, celery, lemon, ginger, apples and spinach. Delicious.
    Re: the debate tonight. I will watch it, just to see their body language. It should be fun. They are two opposite poles.
    tt, is your lasagna party this Sunday? I thought they moved it to the 30th. I thought I remembered the date, as we are hosting a card game the same day. Haven't heard you played cards for a long time. What happened? I will be at work today, and I still cannot post from there, so have a great sleep over and trip to P-town. I am disappointed, you will not be able to meet with Icer. But in a way, I can understand GT and GP. It will not be a 5 minutes stop over just to say 'hello', and I suppose they will drop you off Friday night before they head home. It is going to be a long day. Have a fun trip anyway. Hope you find some treasures.
    Canning the last tomatoes, Kar? If you are left over with any green tomatoes, now that frost is expected, you could always pickle them. Absolutely delicious. But I guess, you will probably use them for your green salsa. That sounds good too. Too bad the food mill didn't work out for you. Hopefully it wasn't a big investment. I recently saw one in WS or Chef's flyer; it was over $100. And it was a hand crank one. Wow, I said.
    Time to make juice to take to the office for lunch. Please don't tease me with all your concoctions. Have a good day - Pingo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I love green tom pickles, and that's the fate of the last of them still on the vine now that it's cold and they probably won't turn red out there.  The relish was good, too, but I can't resist the pickles.  I really only made the salsa verde for my mom; she always asks for it when I'm going to TJ's for them. 

I wouldn't say the food mill didn't work out exactly.  Works great.  Just far more of a pita to use and clean than advertised.  It was $55, and I'll keep using it for its doing the job better than I could do without it.

The juice combos sound elegant, all things I'd like a lot.  Inspires me to get the juicer out myself.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In response to icer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh well..can't blame a gal for trying...SS, If you and DD are around this weekend...Our Town is doing a Civil War re-enactments on Sat and Sun... and an illuminary walk Sat evening...You don't have to park here...I could give the info either via e-mail or telephone...if you are interested...Honey and I are going to one or both of these

[/QUOTE]

Icer, thanks for the heads up, the Civil War is my favorite time in history...I read about the re-enactment in the paper, hope to get there, will be looking for you.  take care and keep smiling, ss

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hats, you and my dh both had broiled tomato and cheese sandwiches! He'd have been jealous of your root ever, though, lol.

Pingo, indeed, it is hard to cook for one especially if leftovers don't fly.  Dh wasn't into leftovers, but I won him over after he realized it saved money and he got to enjoy the same food twice.  His family dumped the leftovers and called it "garbage" so it never occurred to him that it was still FOOD.  Funny how we do that...  Your casserole sounds like something I'd eat every day 'til it was gone!  What's on the juice menu today?

Tt, we didn't watch the debate, but had meant to.  We, too, know without a doubt who we're voting for, but find such things interesting, anyway...like you say, I'm a big body languagephile.  (I can make up words, too!)

SS, how was your lunch out?  No rain, I hope, out your way.  It was sunny here...

Brrrrr...time to pop yesterday's pumpkin seeds, now dry, in the oven.  That'll warm up the house a bit.  Made pumpkin bread last night and washed the seeds so they could dry overnight.

Time to make my cuppa.  Later!

[/QUOTE]

Kar, lunch and company were very enjoyable...we have all been friends since we were in our teens.....I have gone by this place (Pier 18) many times, never stopped because I always thought it was just take out service....pleasant surprise.  We all enjoy seafood. ss

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's great, ss!  How special to go through all of your lives together - very rare.  We love seafood, too, and I miss living on the coast.  We're pretty far from all the great spots like that.  Glad it turned out to be such a good find.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well thank you, Pingo for all your good wishes, but we're going to P'town the 5th, with me staying over the night before!  But, I'll hold onto them (your wishes) in my head.  And, lasagna with Lilly and her fam has been moved to the 30th, but the G's (T and P) are still coming down this Sunday, so lasagna both weeks.  Just got back in from Marshall's (returning friend's gift), the Dollar Store, and S&S shopping.  Spent a zillion dollars at S&S and really think I have to get my act in gear and start driving out to the M.B. in Middleton.  Trouble is, I always come out of there not finding a couple of main name brands I use, and end up having to make another stop somewhere.  Picked up some Edy's French Vanilla Ice Cream and could hardly wait to get in the door to pop off the cover and have a couple of spoonfuls.

Kargiver, I still use the food mill my mother used, still in perfect condition.  It's a hand turn one, but fine for when I make my pumpkin soup.  That's about all I use it for now.  Mom used to use it to even do potatoes.

Groceries to put away if I can find room in the fridge, and the lunch and Y&R.  Forgot to put the papers out with the recycling too, and since they haven't come yet, better do that first.

You know, Harriet sported collars before - first a red one with a bell, and then a pink one, and then for a long time none.  I guess C.L. and I can worry a little less about her once the frigid weather comes, hoping owner will keep her in nights then, but a pink collar does not a pet owner make.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh, tt. I thought you were leaving tonight. Well have a fun Friday anyway w/ pumpkin. Have you tried MB in Reading? It is a beautiful store. It is easy to get to. Even if you don't want to take 128. Go right through Wakefield and then continue on North Ave. I kick myself, whenever I volume shop at S&S. Should have gone to MB. But like you, there are things I use, they don't have. Everytime I tell myself. Go to S&S to stock up on those items, then buy the rest at MB. But it never happens.

Kar, I bet my juicer would do a great job on your tomatoes. Just pop them in, and you get nice pulp w/o the seeds and the skin. Too bad I don't compost. We used to, but the neighbors dogs and racoons kept getting into it, so we stopped it after trying only God knows, whatever tricks we used to keep it from happening. Your DH would love me. I have loads and loads of all "chewed up" produce, that goes straight into the garbage. Btw. this juicer is a cinch to clean. I just pour a couple of glasses of water through it and it cleans itself. I then use that water to water my plants. At night I take it apart after my last juice to clean it properly, but there is hardly anything to clean.

Now I am off to work - Pingo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hm, the juicer...I wonder if the pulp would end up where I want it or in the compost catcher.  Love the water down the chute idea to clean it, nice!  Our compost attracts animals, but we'd have them, anyway, out here so we don't worry.  All my garbage went down the down the disposal before I came here.  No need to save it before having a garden.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm beginning to suspect we have twin cats.  Harry/Harriet appeared this afternoon with no collar.  Have a call into C.L. to see if she's hallucinating too, or if it's just me.  They look and sound identical, each come out from under the bush when they make an appearance.

Whoopie pies are made, but have to cool before filling.  Back is giving me trouble, oh no, not when I want to be able to walk P'town.  Combination of vacuuming yesterday,dragging rugs outside, and lifting heavy trash and groceries today.  I'll baby it.

Leftover pasta and meat sauce I never finished, think I'll reheat that tonight to get that bowl out of the fridge.

Kargiver, we used to throw carrots, and things of that nature up on the back lot for whatever animals passed through, but now with the community of coyotes roaming around, don't put anything out except the seed in the feeder.  They and turkeys are so hard to get rid of once they find a feeding spot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT, I would worry more about bears than coyotes and turkeys.  Bears will try to eat you and succeed.

i spilled something on my keyboard and typing is so hard.  What a time for BDC to take away edit and spellcheck.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

What a busy day I've been having. tt, wow twin cats, who would have thought.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hats, we don't have bears in these here woods -

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You know, Winter, C.L. and I questioned the possibility of there being 2 cats the last time the pink collar disappeared.  But, it seemed so improbable, the cats' markings seem to be identical.  Waiting to hear back from her.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Maybe they are siblings? Oh I finally saw that Iams commericial. Cat looks just like Yoda. :) I'll be heading out in a few, have a good night everyone.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Maybe they are mother and son?

Bears are expanding into territory in whih they have not been seen in 200 years, TT.  And, they are omnivores, so what I was trying to express is that it's good not to throw food in the woods.  I used to do that but I don't.  I remember back in the '70s bears were first sighted in Western Ma and some people did not believe they were back.  But they are.

http://brookline.patch.com/articles/wildlife-officials-bear-captured-in-brookline-is-cape-cod-bear-cfa487ab

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/wildlife/living/living_with_bears.htm

If we could post pictures I would post one of a bear in someone's back yard....If there was one in Brookline there could be one anywhere....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That's  true.  A year ago I went with a friend to her sister's who lives in Worcester.  She had pics of a bear that had somehow wandered down into her residential backyard.  As I said, I don't throw anything out any more - more the loss for the raccoons and skunks that used to come through at night for a handout.

Whoopie pies are filled and in containers.  C.L. called me back and she had seen Harry  this morning with the pink collar too.  She thinks it's one cat and that he catches the break-away collar on something and loses it.  Tomorrow will be the telling tale.  If he/she shows up with a pink collar again in the morning - then we'll know there are 2 cats.

Kitchen to clean, and I don't want to - sticky bowl of filling to wash, supper dishes to rinse and get in dishwasher.  I want a nap.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oops, got to get going, debate is at 7:00.  I'll probably sit down on the couch after cleaning and kitchen and sleep through the whole debate!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Two cats with a tail that long?!  That'd be something!

I'm recording the debate since dh will miss half of it if I don't.  If you fall asleep at least you already know who you're voting for so no loss.  

Gotta get going on the last few things I want to get done.  Walked Gracie for nearly an hour and a half.  This weather is superb for pushing hard and not being tortured by it...either of us.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You're right, Kargiver, I've been looking at the white markings on his chest and paws,  never thought to check the length of the tail - tomorrow - - - it's that end I'll be looking at!