September 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: September 2012

Pingo, did you like 11/22/63? I thought it was fantastic and I know Amber did too. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Nope tt I'm at work today, just had an 8:30 which turned out to run longer then expected. I will go into the ROute 1 CTS, but I find the Somerville one great, probably because it still has that new ness. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Caved today and lit the fire.  It was holding at 66 and was so damp...  Anyway, guess where Gracie is, hahaha.  She's saying, "Finally, Mommy."  It's up to 69.  Hopefully, it will hold there until tonight without any more wood.  It's hard to get it right when it's not super cold outside, but I'm so glad I lit it...feels so cozy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My temp is still at 62 - 64, but I've been running up and down stairs bringing down and arranging the Halloween decorations ("How did I set up this last year?") and now I'm about to heat the oven and bake the cookies.  No idea where Cheerio is at this point.  She was investigating the moving around of things and sniffing those brought down from the attic.  Once I move out into the kitchen she'll hop up on the step stool that's near the stove and enjoy the warmth that escapes from the oven.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've got to get moving, too, but I have no motivation today.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hey, I can now post from my iPhone!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Cool, I wonder if that means amber can post from her droid.  I'll let her know and she'll post if she can...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Back home after a successful trip. Doc was happy with what he saw. Now let's wait for the blood tests. He told me, I preserved myself well. Haha - I feel like an old prune now.
    Stopped at TJMaxx. No towels, but I found some lovely Portuguese serving dishes for snacks and nuts. They were only a couple of Dollars each. And I found some great kitchen towels. Just what I wanted. The ones I bought yesterday will go back. Onwards to iParty on the same plaza. Got my paper guests towels. If I had stopped there yesterday, I wouldn't have gone to TJMaxx today. So all worked out for the better. Picked up a steak at TJ's for DH and I to share. Will serve it with sauteed mushrooms and onions and some steamed sugarsnap peas. Then kick back, put the feet up and watch The Sharks tonight.
    Yes, Winter, I liked the 11/22/68 very much. It was not exactly my kind of reading, so it felt a bit too long for me. But it was very very good.

I just realized it is my father's birthday. He would have been 100 years old today. Bless his soul.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll need to see if I can post from my iPhone over the weekend. I'll be heading out soon. Have a nice evening and weekend everyone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

My thermometer says 71, but it is lying. It was ok, when I got home, but now I am frozen. Just put on my fleeze and took out butter to soften. I was planing on doing my cookies tmw., but I will join you, tt - and to them tonight to warm up my kitchen.
    How did your new recipe come out? Having fun decoration?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I like the new recipe, crisp cookies.  Not a fancy decorator, you know me, just sprinkle on the colored sugars.  Sampled one and now have boxed them until company comes Sunday.  Freezing, my thermostat hasn't moved up beyond 64.  This is such a cold house.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats on a good checkup, Pingo.  Not surprising with how well you take care of yourself.  I bet he had fabuthing praise for your juicing, too.  Your dad would have been 100 today...wow.  

I think the dampness made comfortable temps feel colder...that's why I had to light the fire.  I probably could have held off were it not for the bone chilling dampness.

tt, I always think your cookies are beautifully decorated and make a lovely plate.  Complicated icing takes so long per cookie, and to do 50 of them...why?

Spending the day and overnight with SIL and her family today/tonight...will be leaving at 10:45.  Before then must set things up for dh to eat or it will be  horror show, lol.

have a great day, everyone!

~kar

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Hope you weekend get-away is for pleasure, Kar. You don't usually leave DH home alone, especially over the weekend. Have a safe trip.
    Haven't started the heat yet. But it was close yesterday. The house felt so cold. Baking heated it up a bit, and with a fleece I managed. DH already left for the office this morning; won't see him until late this afternoon. He brought all my "fall boxes" up before he left. So I will be busy decorating. Plus I want to go over the bathrooms and kitchen, so that should keep me warm.
    With my sparkling clean kitchen, we will probably go out for pizza tonight. I will then pick up the salad fixings I need for tomorrow. Always like to get them as fresh as possible.
    Wish we had photo options. My African Violets in my kitchen are in full bloom for the 3rd time this year. I am also watching my little Lady Slipper closely. She should come up with a flower sprig anytime now. Then it takes almost 3 months for the flower to develop. Around December 20 we will have a beautiful flower fully unfolded. Excitement!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Looks like another dreary day. Not sure what's on the docket for today. I actually like staying home on Sundays.   Maybe I'll decorate for fall!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Morning everyone, chilly, dreary, day here.  Going to pop a beef roast in the office to take some of the chill out.  No errands to run, so like you prin-cal I'll bring up the fall S&P's and do a little decorating.

tt, with all your baking, your house should be toasty warm for your company this afternoon, hope you all have a terrific time.  How is pumpkins "poem" coming along?? 

DH's nephews wife had a baby boy 9/27....we are so glad its over and all is well, she has been i n the hospital since late July....a tear in the placenta.   Guess this is the year for boys, this is the 2nd boy so far and a 3rd boy to enter the family in Dec.

Take care all and keep smiling, ss

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

http://www.endur.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=shopping.display&subcatid=2&pageid=2&parentid=2&parentpage=0

@Obbiette, hope you will check in soon and let us know if you had positive results with the Niacin therapy.      I am getting low on EndurActin and considered asking my dr to prescribe Niaspan, which is supposed to be the same thing.  But I decided to stay with what has worked for over 12 years (cholesterol level under 180).   Hope you are doing well.  Robin 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday morning,

Taking a break from standing - one tray of lasagna all ready to pop in oven, and the noodles for a second, boiling.  Have the table all set and a huge salad with all the fixins made.  My chocolate pudding cake has filled the house with such a good smell.  I'd like some of that first myself!  Not sure if the house is cold or not, I've been bustling around so much.

Roast beef sounds good, SS.  Can't remember the last time I had one, my crew is strictly chicken/turkey dieters now, except for son who lives in town.  

I think it's drizzling out, see people walking by with rain gear on.  Haven't had time to catch the news/weather, but as always have the TV on for company.  Nanny friend just called to see if I was going to meditation with her tonight.  I'll be ready for it, I'm sure, but too p**ped!  8 for dinner in my small kitchen, tho I'll try to farm out the 2 youngest to the room off the kitchen.  We'll see how that works -

Back to my preparations.  While the noodles boil will put the finishing touches of sharp cheese chunks, black and green olives, and diced pickles on the salad.  Hope you all have a good day.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Hi Folks, We are on a little vacation...Here in Vegas...I am happy cause I found coffe at what is 6:30 this time...That was my biggest complaint last time we were here..no coffee anywhere to be found...I could drink a martini in the a.m. but they shut down every single coffee bar at the same time...They must have heded my complaints(right)

Well off to kaloop  Chat later

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good afternoon, ladies,

yup, went for fun this time leaving dh on a precious weekend, but it couldn't be helped since the reason for the visit was a trip to Hopedale's Oktoberfest, and sil's family only had Saturday free.  She works 9-5 so weekends are "it" for her, too.  dh was invited, but he's neither a beer drinker nor a sausage eater so declined and enjoyed time to himself with Gracie.  If she were free during the week we'd get together all the time!

tt, nice spread coming together...what time should we all arrive? 

Prin, what is the latest with Tillie?

icer, have fun in Vegas!  Glad you found your coffee...doesn't everyone need coffee in Vegas in the morning, or do most people sleep through the am hours!? ;)  I've only been to Vegas on business, but it was fun nonetheless.

pingo, no heat yet?  You're tough!  My nose is cold, and if I were here alone I'd start a little fire.

must run to the store before dinnertime...

later,

~kar

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Company gone, and house is back in order except for the toy room.  They seem to think as long as everything (and I do mean everything) pulled out is back inside the perimeter of the room, it is picked up!  Dishwasher just shut off, and I did a few that wouldn't fit, by hand.  Had a chance to sit down and scan the paper - not much in it, just some paper towels someplace, CVS, I think.

Busy day planned out for myself tomorrow.  Looking into a loan for roof and stairs, got some good advice from oldest son today.  Always good to get other people's opinions.  Still have one more toy to put with pumpkin's b'day presents, couple of other stores locally to pop into, and I may just cancel my regular volunteer day at library this week, it's a short week with G.T. picking me up Thursday after I have my yearly physical exam at dermatologist.  Have those gingerbread boys to bake that same day, and don't feel I can lose/give up a day at library.  There's that poem to write too.  I'll put that on the docket for first thing Tuesday morning when I get up and fresh.

Harry made his appearance today with a second visit so all could admire him.  Such a handsome boy.

GGD brought her paints, I had bought a canvas, and she did the koi for me here today.  Good idea, because it gave her something to do.  I gave her a card with her first "commission" in it.  Told her I would gladly have paid that in a store.  Also told her I appreciated her coming, I knew it must be boring for a 16 year old, but she said she likes to come here.  Must be the food - lol.  Speaking of which, first group didn't want to wait for my GD, husband and football playing son - it was close to 1:30 by that time, so we dug into one of the trays of lasagna.  The second was still warm when they came, but I don't know why, didn't look half as good as the one we had.  Looked dry to me.  Embarrassing, but I sent the leftovers home with them with an extra container of tom. sauce to add.  They ate and had seconds, so either they were awfully hungry and didn't mind, or it was better than it looked.

Sounds like a fun day you had yesterday, Kargiver.  Nice diversion from all the canning  you have been doing, hope the weather there was better than it was here.

Icer, have a fun time in Vegas, maybe do a little gambling?  If you win, can you loan me $12,000? lol

Want to throw a wash in and test my dryer one more time.  Yesterday's thrown in and put on the timed cycle seemed to take a long time to get dry too.  May have to put in a repair call.  They'll probably tell me to get a new one - things come in 3's - roof, stairs, dryer.

Long post, sorry, just rambling on - as usual.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Hi all, I had a busy weekend and a wake to attend, even tho the person was 85 it's still sad but at least he had a family so there were people there.  It's disturbing when you go to a funeral and there's only 10 or so people there.

TT, wish I had 12K to give you.  Home maintenance is very expensive, trying to get DH to agree that a condo is the place for us but guess he still has a few lawn mowing years left in him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, Hats, I've reapplied for the money.  Had a couple of years ago, was accepted, and then changed my mind.  Hopefully it will be a shorter amount of time to process than usual.

Did some shopping, but still hunting for a little toy to put with pumpkin's gifts for this week-end.  Have a couple of sets of clothes and a book already, but little boys like toys that make noise!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hats and tt, it's OCTOBER already. LOL
    Little boys likes toys, that makes noise. Their parents not so much.
    Does he have a xylophone? Solves two purposes. Noise and banging.

In response to toytrumpet's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, Hats, I've reapplied for the money.  Had a couple of years ago, was accepted, and then changed my mind.  Hopefully it will be a shorter amount of time to process than usual.

Did some shopping, but still hunting for a little toy to put with pumpkin's gifts for this week-end.  Have a couple of sets of clothes and a book already, but little boys like toys that make noise!

[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hello everyone. I've been so busy today and away from my desk for most of the day. Sounds like everyone had a lovely weekend. I didn't do much, DS had a soccer game and scored two goals. Yesterday I made a banana bread. Looks like I'll be headed out soon.