September 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: September 2012

What a jam packed week-end, mm.  Wonderful to have the whole family together under the same roof.  I'm sure you'll be seeing and hearing a lot from your new college GS too.  Would he like any goody baked goods bags? ! LOL  When I dropped the hermits off at my son's today I told him to have the kids put in the orders for what they wanted, that I bake at least twice a week and am so glad to have someone to eat it!

They have a new rescue pup, and OMG, he is just the most lovable.  Beautiful fur that looks like champagne, and so cute.  He wanted to get up in my lap in the worst way today, and of course he's too big, just doesn't know it.  Sprawled out on top of my feet with his neck and head stretched up onto my knee.  What a sweetheart.

Have to clean up the kitchen, check the fridge for leftovers that have gotten pushed to the back, and run the dishwasher.  Hoping tomorrow, once the kids have gotten safely to school, is a rainy day, the kind that I can get a lot done in the house.  No inkling to go out tomorrow.  Speaking of kids and school, have to give little Lilly a call, today was her first 1/2 day in first grade.  And, her brother hit middle school.  Bet they both will have tales to tell.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just talked with little Lilly, and she LOVED her first day at school.  So cute.  She can't wait to go tomorrow.  Her brother made out fine at middle school too.  My GD sent me pics of the kids going off - so cute.  IF we could post, I would post little Lilly's.  Her Mom shed a few tears this morning seeing the "baby" leave the nest.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Mm, glad your post made it. I could get on, but couldn't post due to supposed bad words.  Sounds like a fabulous weekend.  too bad your dh had to go on ahead so soon.  Yes, we are blessed by my stepdad's and dh's bond...very special.  Empty house here, too.

Good news for Lilly!  I remember my first day of school fondly...and the last evermore fondly, lol.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

It is pouring so hard here - I can't remember as heavy a rain as this.  A little scarey.  Glad I don't have to think of going out and driving in it.  For all of you who do, be careful.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Meant to say "even more fondly."  Auto correct went totally haywire onmy iPad when they made the change, and to add insult to injury, we can't edit posts!

Anyway, good morning!

Ive got a hair appt today so will hit trader joes after for a few things for aunt and uncle.  Pingo, thanks, yes, I adore them both.  You haven't heard much about uncle, but that's only because my aunt's knowledge has come into play here so often.  

Had terrible storms here last night, thunder, lightening, and torrents of rain.  Hope everyone is ok out there - you guys have it, too?

Gotta run for now.  Chat later,
    kar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Glad to hear everyone had a nice weekend.  I enjoyed my 5 days off.  Spent a lot of time with DH, Mom & BIL (and the pups too)!

Tried the new Burton's Grill in Burlington, it was good!

Now, back to reality and getting through my email!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Yes, the entrees at Burtons are excellent, although we found the appetizers to be a bit lacking in excitement.  There's one at the Northshore mall, I believe, also.

Laundry for me today.  We went to the beach so many times and then I would launder the suits and towels, so no ordinary laundry has been done.  It's so humid - you can tell this is the remains of a Hurricane.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Rain has diminished to just intermittent sprinkles, so I'm planning on getting out to do some poking.  Have multiple birthday cards to get for October, and along with those, birthday gifts or gift cards.  Lilly's is coming up soon and I have a gift bag I'm putting things together for her.  Of course, the biggie is pumpkin's in October.  (Better get started on that birthday poem).

Kargiver, so nice that your aunt and uncle will have a chance to visit and enjoy firsthand your lifestyle.  She'll be so proud.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Glad you Lily and her brother had a good day in school. If I had moved our son into our Town's school system he'd be starting Middle School tomorrow. 

mm, sounds like you had a lovely weekend with your family.

Kar, how long is your aunt and uncle visiting?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, ladies!  They will be here Friday afternoon - Sunday morning, and then an overnight next week (as things stand now) on their way back to PA.  He has a physical condition that makes exact planning impossible, but they are hoping right now that it works out to see us on the way up and back.

Tt, Liz Claireborne fashion show from 9-10 right now on qvc.

Gotta get ready for haircut, chat later

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, I think your son, my GS in Peabody, and my GGS (stepchildren by marriage - I'm not that old! lol) are all about the same age - 12.  Peabody GS started 6th grade last week.  OLA goes up through grade 8, then I imagine it will be St. John's Prep.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes DS will be 12 in eight days. I suspect he will go to the town's public HS. SInce he's a September birthday he is in the 6th grade. Some kids on his baseball team are in in 7th grade because they have August birthdays.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

GS was an October baby.

Never watch those QVC shows, Kargiver, but did hunt around and found it, but my Gawd, the talking - - on and on and on -  OKay, I've seen that sweater now and that denim shirt now and I know you can cinch it in on the waist, or not,  please get on with it.  I used to look for the unusual pieces, have a print lightweight over shirt that I love that I picked up when Macy's carried their brand, and my green frog close jacket that I picked up in Kittery, those are my 2 favorite pieces.  I used to like the little loop button holes she'd put on, and the frog closings, little extras that you don't see on regular pieces.

Okay, dressed and ready to go, I guess.  Neck is still a pain in the neck, but much worse lying down at night.  When I get home today and know I'm in for the day, will try a muscle relaxant.  Clouding up here again, so better grab my umbrella and skidaddle.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning ladies,
    I still can't post from my office. It's killing me. Geek son looked into it, and assured me it is definitely a problem with BDC. Then he gave me a long speech on what the problem could be and how to fix it. Of course I didn't understand a single word of what he said.
    Anyway, it sounds like you all had a great weekend. I can just imagine the beautiful cabinet, you now have for your canning jars, Kar. I remember the work that went into Gracie's crate. Nice you have your aunt and uncle visiting. She will be excited to see your veggie garden and all the goodies you have canned. What's on the menu, while they are here?
    So, your school age children got off to a good start, tt. I fondly remember my first day of school. There was a small flag and our name on our table. I still have both today. Mom kept them with some of my other things in a box. My sister sent me the box, when mom went to the nursing home.
    You are right about the humidity, Hats. It's muggy out there. There is a Burton's Grill inside Northshore Mall under Norstrom's. They have an extensive vegetarian menu and also gluten free menu in case anyone is interested. Just ask for them.
    It is pouring heavily here right now. The satelite tells me, there is a lot more on it's way.
    I am off to the office shortly, so you won't hear from me until later today. Have a good one.
    - Pingo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Icer, what a - - - - Sharon is!  Tucker's not exactly first class either.

Picked up a couple of Christmas things, and a book to put in pumpkin's birthday bag.  Looked for an outfit for school for Lilly, but all they had were ridiculous sequin/net things - in a size 6, no less!  I couldn't imagine what manufacturer would make them or mother dress their little girl in them.  A lot of black tops too - she's a child, why would you dress her in black?  Never got past Marshall's, there's always tomorrow.  I'll head over the mall.

OK, had to remove 2 words, but at least they told me which ones - don't really understand why, but - - - -

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

I couldn't imagine what manufacturer would make them or mother dress their little girl in them.  A lot of black tops too - she's a child, why would you dress her in black?  Never got past Marshall's, there's always tomorrow.  I'll head over the mall.

I call them "Junior Slot - (substitute another letter  for o there) Clothes" and they are popular as all get out, unfortunately.  And they have been around for at least 15 years - I remember my daughter's friends wore belly shirts to first grade.  Sigh.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, I'm happy to say that's not the style they buy for Lilly.  She's dressed like the little girl she is.  I would love to get into that Zulily clothes that you see advertised online, but you can't even look at the things without being signed in.  I hesitate to do that.

Picked up a new 8" Cuisinart skillet today for myself.  I'll try it out tonight with a burger.  Have hated always having to drag out my big skillet for that.  Wish I had some of your pepper relish to top it with, Pingo.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

LL Bean, Lands End and Hanna Andersen have some cute clothes, and LL has all free shipping now.  Yes, it's a lot more expensive than it used to be, but its better to give one nice outfit than nothing!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I personally love the "It's a Good Life" line of T Shirts.  I have one of theirs myself that I found a couple of years ago in Marshall's.  The cotton is so soft, and hasn't changed its shape through numerous washings.  Looked today for my GD that is so into horses.  They did have a couple, but were smaller sizes.  Googled online and found an adorable one for pumpkin, green (our favorite color, of course!) and with a bottle across the chest and underneath - "Milk Man".  Quite a few stores around here do sell that line, I'm not sure how big an inventory, but will check them out before the end of the month.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, it's when I see outfits like that I'm happy I have a boy. Though I saw what some of the local boys near I work are wearing to work and I was horrified. I wouldn't let DS out with some of that stuff.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I agree completely, Winter.  I think, "Where are the parents?"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Of course my son will be exposed to these "outifts" once he goes to public school. I can only imagine what they where to High School.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

This was a issue when I was in high school, too.  I lived with the aunt and uncle who are coming to visit when their daughter and I were 15.  The fights they had over her clothes!  Her dad always won, and she had to change, but the word slot was bandied about as in, "no daughter of mine will dress like a sl t!"  lol, she's a very modest adult, but at 15 she didn't see how the clothes really made her look and the message they would send.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, the clothes today are so much worse then when we were 15. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Have a good evening everyone.